The Archduchy of the Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I've known him for just as long if not longer, and you're an idiot for saying such.

F
Dahinar Sharpeye

Post by Dahinar Sharpeye »

A note have been put up:

To the man who where killed by a mummy in Troll's Bane the 16th Eldras ((15th August)).

I have the things you lost when you died. Send me a dove where you tell what you lost and where you died and we'll arrange a meeting so that you might get it back.

Dahinar Sharpeye
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Announcement

Taliss Kazzxs is now known as Baron of Midlands.

Garick Draken is now known as Baron of Riverside.

I trust that both of the men shall serve the town well. My congratulations for the both.

ELECTIONS
For the Archduke of Trollsbane begin soon. All nobles are eligible to become candidates. More information will follow.

Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

ELECTIONS

The following nobles:
Baron Kazzxs
Baron Draken
Baron Hawkmoon
Baron Heneghan
Duke Ross
Duke Cromwell

Are all eligible to place themselves as candidates for the position of Archduke. They shall announce their intention to run by placing a parchment here.

Last edited by Mr. Cromwell on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

I would like to bring my name forward for candidacy.

~Baron Taliss Kazzxs of the Midlands
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The candidacy of Taliss Kazzxs is accepted.

As no other noble seems to be interested in contesting the position (and I have pledged to step down), the voting will be "For" or "Against" the election of Baron Kazzxs. The Noblemen of Trollsbane can vote by either submitting their vote to Lord Cromwell via letter or pinning a signed parchment underneath this announcement.

The voting begins now, on the 2nd of Malas.

The voting ends at the eve of 9th of Malas. The results shall be announced here then.

Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Lord Ross is welcomed back on the Island, and into his position as the High Judge of Trollsbane.

Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Elections are over. The following nobles cast their votes:

Duke Cromwell
Duke Ross
Baron Kazzxs
Baron Hawkmoon
Baron Draken

Their votes have been counted and the result of the election was:
Votes for Baron Kazzxs: 8
Votes against Baron Kazzxs: 1

Congratulations, Archduke Kazzxs.

Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

I am having a town meeting on the 28th of Findos in the town center.

All citizens are welcome to attend.

Your Archduke
~Taliss Kazzxs
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

I would like to remind everyone that the town meeting will be taking place very soon in the market place.

Visitors may attend.

Archduke of Trollsbane
~Taliss Kazzxs

((one hour))
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Much was pleasantly discussed at the meeting.

Important changes to note:

Jefferson Gray has been given permission to lead the Trollsbane militia (separate from the Trollsbane Guard, more details will follow in the near future)
The Union is now under the protection of Trollsbane.
Building projects are now underway and we are gathering materials.
Members of the Temple are no longer permitted access to the lands of Trollsbane. (They have been given a dwarven week to relocate.)

Your Archduke
~Taliss Kazzxs
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

People of Trollsbane

Notification has come to Gobaith indicating that within the next two dwarven weeks, invaders plan to land on our shores. A man by the name of Prince Anarius has begun the attempt of conquering our home. He claims ownership of your land and your houses, your freedoms and your government. For the last several months we have shown strength and unity, screamed and fought for opportunity to again have a cleansed Trollsbane. A town no longer engulfed by the affiliations of darker factions, one no longer serving by the whims of coin and power. Yet now we stand still in our brink, only welcoming in the new era we have brought on ourselves.

Another stands with intentions of taking that all away.

In our recent months things have not gone as smooth as they could for a restructured leadership. I have been ignored by our builder, town organizers, even the tax collector, though with graciousness in my heart I say we have not been ignored by our neighbors.

Alliances and friendships, bonds and opportunity have all been extended to us in this day. It is fair to say that any foreign invader seeking to conquer this land will not only find the opposition of Trollsbane. They will bring down on them the resistance of much of Gobaith.

In a time long past I fought for the defense of Trollsbane when it fell to the invasion of Caelum and The Temple.

I will die before Trollsbane is conquered again.

Archduke of Trollsbane

~Taliss Kazzxs
Trollsbane Militia

Post by Trollsbane Militia »

A large parchment bearing the Trollsbane insignia accompanied by a large red diamond is attached to the board.

Cooks, crafters, smiths and druids of Trollsbane.

Our land, homes and government is under threat.

The Trollsbane Militia is in need of YOUR help to produce mass supplies of food, arrows, weaponary and potions to help better defend our land from this threat.

Donations can be given to a Champion, Captain or Elite of the Militia, or alternatively Archduke Kazzxs.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

We have done well in gathering a large abundance of weapons, food, and potions, now we are greatly in need of fortifications for the town.

We need of assistance in gathering resources to build make shift barricades and widening certain parts of the river.

Namely we are in need of raw stone and any type of wood that can be cut into boards.

If you can hold a hatchet or mining pick we ask you to please assist us in fortifying the towns defense.

We need roughly 6,000 wooden boards of any kind and 2,500 raw stone.

Archduke
~Taliss Kazzxs
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Ownership of the Fluffy Sheep Tavern has been given back to the Dwarves of Silverbrand so they may again use it as their embassy.

I apologize to the current owner about these emergency actions, I would ask him to speak with me after the invasion is over so that we may discuss compensation.

Archduke of Trollsbane
~Taliss Kazzxs
Orc Nation

Post by Orc Nation »

Hail Trollsbane!

The might ob da Orc Nation is behind joo!

Weh hab skills, arms, materials and honor!

Weh will push dese invaders back into da Sea together!

Rise up! Defend joor lands and homes!

Joo hab many friends, call on dem!

Dey will come or dey will feel our wrath!

~Krull Karfang, Chief of the Orc Nation
Bregor Ayun

Post by Bregor Ayun »

To the Archduke and the people of Troll's Bane!

The Knighthood will head the request and come to the aid of the town of Troll's Bane and honour the obligations of old.
Malachin be with us in the upcoming fight.

~ Sir Bregor Ayun of Gobaith
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Warriors/mages wanted! Earn silvercoins!

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

Dear fighters of Gobiath.

A threat comes to my hometown Trolls Bane. I own a house there, and I am willing to protect it. I am seeking for some warriors helping to protect my house.
I am willing to pay following amounts of silvercoins:
Masterswordsman: 20 silvercoins
Average swordsman: 10 silvercoins
Wannabe: 3 silvercons
Mages with powerfull spells: 30 silvercoins.

Please send me a dove.

A.Y.R.

Liebe Menschen von Gobaith!

Es kommt die Bedrohung zu Bane. Ich besitze das Haus dort. Ich werde es beschützen und suche Krieger die helfen. Gegen Silber!!
Ich bezahle folgend:
Meister Kämpfer: 20 Silber
Mittel Kämpfer: 10 Silber
Anfänger: 3 Silber
Magier mit guter Kraft: 30 Silber.

Bitte Kontakt die Taube!

A.Y.R.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

All of the materials have been gathered and we are ready to begin constructing the barricades. I am in need of a few more sturdy men to meet with us at the town market place just near Elizas shop.

~Taliss
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Excellent job men, the fortifications are coming along wonderfully. Be rested and ready tomorrow as we will continue the second day of work.

Also, we are doing well with food, weapons, armor and potions but we are in bad need of arrows and two handed weapons. If you can provide such we would highly appreciate the assistance.

~Taliss
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Thank you for everyone who helped in the repairs of the town.
Artimer.
Trollsbane Militia

Trollsbane Militia wrote:PEOPLE OF TROLLSBANE

REMINDER: All crimes should be reported to either the Town Guard OF Trollsbane, or any member of the Trollsbane Militia, in order to ensure the upmost security of both the people and above all, the good of the town. A note can simply be left by either the Guard board, or the Militia's board. Preferably a dove can be sent privately to either a full guard of Trollsbane, or an Elite of the Trollsbane Miltia.

The Trollsbane Miltia works tirelessly to defend your town. Help us, help you.
Crimes that are not reported, may not be solved.

On a separate matter, it seems the Archduke of Trollsbane, Archduke Taliss Kazzxs, has been seldom seen or heard from, since the day of the battle against the Salkamaerians. The Trollsbane Militia are looking into the matter, though ask that all with any information on the where-about of the Archduke to come forward.

If the Archduke does not return, serious decisions will have to be made.

~Jefferson Gray
Elite of the Trollsbane Miltia
<>

p.s.~ I ask all who wish to remain in the militia to send me a dove, as-well as those who wish to apply.
Trollsbane Militia

Any and all who take it upon themselves to abuse officials WILL be dealt with accordingly.

This is not a warning, it is a promise.

~Jefferson Gray
~Elite of the Trollsbane Militia <>
Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

This notion is seconded by the Town Guard.

~Sir Jonathan Cain
~Captain of the Troll's Bane Town Guard
Rye

A good new name!

Post by Rye »

If you walk north from the harbor you see a signpost. As you look at it more closely you will notice the word "Troll's" has been covered over. The sign now reads Fools Bane.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

*A note has been pinned up beneath the sign*
To the one who put the "Fools" sign up,

Bane means something that ruins the thing in question. In other words, Trolls' Bane means the town is detrimental to trolls. In placing this "Fools" sign up, you have just complimented the town.

~W.E~
Rye

Post by Rye »

I have to smile as I walk along. I see a rabbit peek out from behind a bush and I ask him (hoping he does not answer because then I'll know that I have finally been driven mad) "Mr Rabbit... do you think the inhabitants of Bane feel complimented?" Of course he doesn't answer. He looks at me seeming to say "Who but a fool would stand here on a freezing day talking to a rabbit???" I laugh and heft my bag higher on my shoulder as I walk on down the road to join the rest of the fools in town.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I, Lord Roland Ross,
Hereby challenge Taliss Kazzxs ability to lead the Free City of Trollsbane. He has been seeming absent from the city since we have been under siege from the Prince of Lonewood, Thereby failing to do his duties as Archduke of Trollsbane. I hereby motion for an immediate vote by the council regarding his dismissal from the position of Archduke of Trollsbane.
I also wish to assume the position of Archduke myself should the Council be agreeable.
I finally hereby officially vote "Aye" to both matters presented to the Council.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Duke of Southfields,
Magistrate of Trollsbane~
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

You could always ask the people of Bane who they want to lead them instead of your pathetic council.

~TaK'Zel~
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

The laws mandate that all citizens are consulted in the election of the archduke. I understand the laws are rather wordy, so permit me to transcribe the relevant portions.
§3) Civil Rights

a) Citizenship allows every citizen who is at least 14 years old to participate at elections in Troll’s Bane, either as candidate or voter.
Archduke

The Archduke is the head of the city...
-Elected by the Nobles and other people with voting rights...
Then again, I'm certainly no magistrate, so my interpretations could be critically skewed. After all, to a layman it's scarcely even clear who's running this town. Allow me to illustrate my confusion.
Archduchess - Lord Edward Cromwell
Chancellor -
High Judge/Magistrate - Duke Roland Ross
It boggles the mind. Surely our Archduchess is not named Edward, as the parchment claims?