The Archduchy of the Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Karfang

Post by Karfang »

Evan Ross wrote:I, Lord Roland Ross,
Hereby challenge Taliss Kazzxs ability to lead the Free City of Trollsbane. He has been seeming absent from the city since we have been under siege from the Prince of Lonewood, Thereby failing to do his duties as Archduke of Trollsbane. I hereby motion for an immediate vote by the council regarding his dismissal from the position of Archduke of Trollsbane.
I also wish to assume the position of Archduke myself should the Council be agreeable.
I finally hereby officially vote "Aye" to both matters presented to the Council.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Duke of Southfields,
Magistrate of Trollsbane~
As ally, meh nub care about who rule Trollsbane, as long as it beh free and legal. Meh wish joo luck. Weh only hope next Archduke honor treaty weh made wid Archduke Taliss Kazzxs.
Taliss Kazzxs wrote:Treaty.
1) Trollsbane will gib da Orc Nation use ob Orc Embassy (Situated North ob Elizas shoppe) to beh used by Orc Nation for recruiting, peaceful and diplomatic stuffs. Dis Embassy beh Orc territory, under Orc laws and rules for as long as Orc Nation nub break peace wid Archduchy ob Trollsbane.
2) Ambassador from Orc Nation will be stationed at embassy for talking and recruitings. If Ambassador absent, Chief will substitute in all duties.
3) Any Orc in Trollsbane dat breaks laws shall hab Orc Ambassador represent dem at Trials.
4) Trollsbane will gib all Orcs a fair trial before sentence.
5) Ambassador will beh allowed to check on treatment of Orcs in jail and feed dem if necessarys. Orcs need beh treated fair and wid respect.
6) Orc Nation will come to Trollsbane’s aid when asked.
7) Trollsbane will come to Orc Nation’s aid when asked.

Signed,
Krull Karfang, Chief ob Orc Nation

Signed,
Taliss kazzxs, Archduke of Trollsbane
Dis treaty need beh respected and signed by next Archduke, keh?

Dank Joo.
~Krull Karfang, Chief
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A notice is found pinned around the City of Trollsbane

Citizens, residents, and friends of Trollsbane,

Due to the seemingly inactive counsel of Nobles and the untimely disappearance of Archduke Taliss Kazzxs, I, Lord Roland Ross, Duke of Southfields and Magistrate of Trollsbane, hereby assume temporary leaderships of the town of Trollsbane.
Any questions or concerns can either be brought directly to me, sent by dove, or posted here.

My first act as temporary leader of Trollsbane is to seek immediate diplomatic talks with the Prince of Lonewood regarding the future of Trollsbane, and the island as a whole.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Duke of Southfields,
Acting Leader of Trollsbane~
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

No! Due to the seemingly inactive counsel of Nobles and the untimely disappearance of Archduke Taliss Kazzxs, I, Overlord master duke of the Almight Blake Thorn hereby assume temporary leadership of the town of Trollsbane.

My first act as temporary leader of Troll's Bane is to abolish the Nobility system and return to the good old days where everything was fine, we had one person to take decisions and a right hand in case the leader was absent.

An arrow seems to have been drawn from this spot here down to the bottom of the parchment, to add the following addition to the rambling: "Oh and, when the leaders used to give a damn what the citizens wanted rather than what would fill their pockets the faster."

- Blake Thorn
Last edited by 1d20 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trollsbane Militia

Post by Trollsbane Militia »

Lord Roland Ross

It is nice to be informed about such things, so be it all under secretive circumstances, as it seems that I have single handedly been holding the morale of our troops together, I would have thought that during this time my word would count for something. With all due respect , I would like to be informed in advance about such matters, and your intentions with what you wish to act upon under the title that you claim. Times have changed, the nobility system fails, and I think that atleast now you should listen to the people, rather than your instincts.

In hope that we can meet to further discuss this matter.
~Jefferson Gray
First Elite of the Troll's Bane Militia
<>
Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

Elite Jefferson Grey
There were infact no secretive circumstances involved, Lord Ross just found that it is impossible to remain in this state of near-anarchy and decided that something had to be done. Notice it says temporary or acting under his title? And to claim to be the only man holding together the morale is indeed also a bit too presumptuous. Indeed your word will surely count for something, but remember, the town needs a leader, especcialy now. Also he has stated that he will act with that which the people want.

Sir Jonathan Cain,
Knight of Gobaith,
Captain of the Militia,
Captain of the Troll's Bane Town Guard.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Jefferson,

As always, you are more then welcome to come discuss these issues with me, should you wish to meet me, simply give me a time and I'll do my best to be available for you. Also, I assure you, if a majority of the citizens demand that I step down at the acting Leader, I shall do so and the town shall be free to do as it wishes.

Also, I would like to announce that until such time as the Archduke returns, or I am asked to remove myself as Acting Leader, Artimer Fault shall be appointed as Acting Magistrate.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Duke of Southfields,
Acting Leader of Trollsbane~
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Please remove yourself from acting leader and let a vote be made for whom will be the temporary leader.

A vote that includes not only people who paid to get pseudo-prestigious titles.

Thank you kindly.

Blake Thorn
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Blake,

Although I have the utmost respect for you, you are not on the citizen list, nor do you represent the majority of the citizens, As such you opinion matters little in the affairs of our town.

Lord Roland Ross
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Not a surprising nor unexpected reply.

I am not a citizen because I disagree with the way the town is ran. I'm as much a Troll's Baner as you are.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Blake may be disliked by many, but he would be a good leader.. he did good when he was captain, long ago..

The parchment is left unsigned
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I don't want to be a leader, I want a leader to be elected by the people that live in Troll's Bane, not people self-proclaiming themselves leaders, that's complete bollocks.

- Blake
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

Freedom to vote, I agree to this.

C.R
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Dear People,
Seeing as how there is a grand amount of confusion currently over who is ruling, and nobility, and so forth, please allow me to express my opinion. It may not hold much value to you, but I am still going to try my best to show how I see things currently, and hopefully I will not be too mistaken.

We currently are at war, and as such, there is much confusion of leadership currently. Normally, we could get by with periods without a huge amount of leadership, but this is currently not the case. Nor is it the time to worry about who is leader, who isn't leader, who is a noble, who isn't, and so forth. It is all of our people's duty, mine and yours, to work together now. A true decision of leadership will be decided hopefully at some point. However, until something is decided, this is the best we have. I will try and do the job of Magistrate to the best of my ability and work with you, the Guard, and the Militia. The reason I am willing to do this, is because of the fact that Roland was Magistrate and passed it on to me. That was his decision as it was his previous position. Should Taliss return, or is found, a decision can be made from there.

If you have any problem with me being in this position, or if you have a concern of the town, an opinion you would like to express to me directly, or through dove, or perhaps you have a problem that you need help with, feel free to contact me. I will try to make myself available to the town as much as possible.

Sincerely,
Artimer Fault.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

This is a small announcement:

An orchard has been planted in the southeast of Troll's Bane, near the hole in the wall! These fruit trees are for feeding the people, providing fruit for baking, and may be used otherwise by the defenders of Troll's Bane. Carpenters, and lumberjacks, I ask that you do not cut these trees down. Especially until the trees have taken a good hold onto the ground!

Thank you,
Artimer Fault.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

MILITIA ANNOUNCEMENT:

People of the Militia, allies and acquaintances. Our town still lays under threat of foreign opposition, and to make matters further difficult it is to the knowledge to some reliable sources that many of our peoples, merchants and nobles, have already pledged their allegiance to the prince in terms of his new rule, be it under bribery, or plain fear of what standing against him would bring... But it is now I tell you troops, and people of Troll's bane, that I, Jefferson Gray, first elite of the Troll's Bane Militia will not run from hard time in face of fear, nor will I accept defeat, and contradict the very reason that I formed this faction in the first place.
Though it is disheartening to hear that our government may oppose us, the one's that kept danger at bay till' now, leave us to stew in our mud, though, do not be discouraged. For it is now on this day that all former nobles that held positions in the militia are now void, as I have no other reason to have them keep their position as potential spy networks. This decision may anger some, such as the well-hearted magistrate Artimer, but it is better to be safe than sorry in such a case.

The decision comes with the remainder of two spots to help myself lead our brave troops against this blood lusting prince. Two spots that I am proud to announce have been filled with two individuals that I hold a great amount of respect for. Troops, please welcome our new Elites...

Elite Akahira: Master mercenary of archery; a woman who is not afraid to make hard choices, and who's words and battle advice can prove profitable to those in our ranks...

ELite Zheth: Master mercenary of hand to hand combat; a wise elf who's vast knowledge of battle leads back many years before many our times...

I do hope you give these two superiors the respect they deserve, and fight with honor and cunning against this tyrant we face who will enslave our people.

For the Militia
~Jefferson Gray
~First elite of the Troll's Bane Militia <>
Trollsbane Militia

Post by Trollsbane Militia »

MILITIA UPDATE:

Magistrate Artimer Fault's position remains respected, and has been ruled out as ever being involved with any league of spies. Let it be known that his word shall remain respected in our Military.

~Jefferson Gray
~First elite of the Troll's Bane Militia
<>
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

First Elite Jefferson Grey,
It saddens me to hear you no longer hold faith with those that have stood by your side. If it is possible, I'd like to meet with you so you may explain your reasonings to me.

Sir Jonthan Cain,
Knight of the Knighthood of Gobaith,
captain of the Troll's Bane Town Guard,
Captain of the Troll's Bane Militia.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Artimer Fault has been declared a Noble of Trollsbane. He is now known as Baron Artimer Fault of Trollsbane.

Further more, I hereby declare Jefferson Gray as Baron, and Noble of Trollsbane

Finally, A meeting of the entire Council of Nobles shall be held in one dwarven day, on 03 Tanos 29 at 09:00:00. I look forward to meeting with the Council.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Duke of Southfields,
Temporary Leader of Trollsbane~
Athian

Post by Athian »

A 'temporary' leader handing out titles of nobility when war still yet threatens in the future? I would think it would be more prudent to handle the affairs left behind by the actually leader rather then giving out false nobility that might not even be honored by the returning actual leadership or the conquering party should the war be lost...Needless to say that such titles are severely laughable. Its always humorous to see what antic's those who claim to lead Trollsbane can come up with, I do hope you jesters never lose your touch.

Athian Corulas
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Athian, you have been here far longer than I and so I respect your opinions, but perhaps you should rethink. Is it not a better idea to have a stable government in place during a period of war? After all, now that Taliss is missing we must continue on without him, and therefore we can't just let all previous ways drop away and allow ourselves to be crippled yet again by loss of government.

If you don't like it, then why say anything at all?

Jonathan Cain
Athian

Post by Athian »

It is hardly a stable government dear lad. All that ever need happen si that yet another leader vanish and then trollsbane shall be ushering in yet another "lord" and yet more "barons". You speak of stability as simply having a set number of bodies on which to place titles. That is not stable leadership at all.

More over It seems that it might be time for an official lesson on what these title actually correspond to. Baron's have never been the leaders of the people, merely those with enough wealth and land to place themselves above those whom live upon it. I would suggest more suitable titles if you plan to fit the rules of leadership

As to what I say. I say what i think when I choose to and how a choose to, it is that simple mister Cain. I shall do so regardless of what anyone else thinks of it.

Athian Corulas
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Ah, but Master Corulas, do you think it is more stable to allow the town to have absolutely no government, or a slightly off kilter one? I for one would prefer the latter. In the past several months there have been numerous times when nobody was in cahrgae and none of these ended too well unless someone stepped forward to set it back in motion. and the Nobles aren't there just to be a line of people waiting to be in charge, but rather to help guide the town with the least possiblity for a biased opinion or an inactive government.

As to the name of the titles, I hardly see how it matters.

As to your speach, I was merely referring to the fact that there is little purpose in publicly announciing such things when it is a smalll matter to reach Lord Ross by letter.

Jonathan Cain
Athian

Post by Athian »

Indeed, one has never needed a title to help ones community, Its a wonder why you all so often fall right back into them with such ferocity.

As i see it. Evan has taken the place of leader, and appointed Artimer his Magistrate. You have a militia and a town guard with named citizenship. Thus it would seem you do have some form of stability. So then what is the exact purpose of promoting people to Lordship during wartime? especially considering your victory is not in hand? Exalting ones whom are already in roles of responsibility is such an ugly thing to see that i have never been able NOT to comment on it. It such rash and inconstant progressions of personal ranks and powers that led to the mess Trollsbane had become in the first place

As to reaching people by letter? I think you missed what i spoke before lad. I say what i please where i please, I care little if a letter might reach someone all the quicker. If i want to express my opinion then i shall. You are certainly welcome to try and stop me otherwise.

Athian Corulas
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

I am actually the ruler of Trollsbane.

As Archduke I stand near the workshop of the city available to any that see audience with me.

~Taliss Kazzxs
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

As promised, I hereby step down from my position of "Temporary Leader" of Trollsbane.
The Archduke has returned!

~Lord Roland Ross~
Rexus Orius

Post by Rexus Orius »

Troll's Bane wrote:I am actually the ruler of Trollsbane.

As Archduke I stand near the workshop of the city available to any that see audience with me.

~Taliss Kazzxs
Can't you even give a written statement explaining why you were gone all this time 'leader'? Theres been enough confusion with the government not explaining their actions, and I'm sure that we would all like to know.

~Captain Rexus Orius
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Taliss Kazzxs!
Lokh'um Murgo be proud is. Telling you, the warrior of the orcs. Agin! Walking down the holy mountain. Assist the honorable lizards to protect their town. Troll's bane! Wes glory warriors! Defending your barricades with us axe and sword and mace! Hurr!
      • In name of the holy mountain! Dar'krest!
        In name of kudos chief Krull Karfang!

~sign~ !
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

People of Trollsbane, Now is the time!
Gather at the gates and defend your home!

~Taliss
Town Guard of TB

Post by Town Guard of TB »

The Town Guard of Troll's Bane is officially Disbanded. And and All keys are to be returned to Sir Jonathan Cain.

All previously enlisted guards are now officially removed from the ranks of the Guard. All items and funds of the Guard are voided in the eyes of the City.

We have failed you, the people of Troll's bane. We have failed you, the people of Gobaith.

Sir Jonathan Cain,
Knight of the Knighthood of Gobaith
Former Captain of the Guard of the Free Town of Troll's Bane,
Former Citizen of the Free Town of Troll's Bane,
Former Officer of the Riverside grovestriders,

Free man for life, until the Prince rips it from my dead clasp.
Ssar'ney

Post by Ssar'ney »

~On the place where one usually can find the announcements of Bane there is a new piece of paper with rather large writing in Salkamerian accent. It seems as if one of the soldiers able to did write down what someone else did dictate for someone not able to do so.~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brother Taliss is dead.

The Goddess did grant him the rare favour to be cleansed from
the stones on his soul and head to the eternal islands in a boat.

As even his mortal shell was taken by Her, those wanting to
honor him can do so at the altar of Zyathis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~As a signature one can find an ink-print of a clawed hand beneath the text on the paper.~