The Archduchy of the Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

cheffu

Post by cheffu »

For the safety and wellfare of others working, please only one person per carpentry table, anvil, oven, and other tools. Thank you.

Artimer.
safety and welfare? I dont understand this
many cooks may use one oven without danger
and I assume the same is true of carpentry too.

Elrohir
masbut gobeer

Post by masbut gobeer »

Seltsam. Wieso? Ich versteh es nicht?
Mellen und ich können gut zusammen an einer Werkbank arbeiten und sogar das Werkzeug teilen.

MG
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Citizens of Trollsbane-

The tavern has been repaired by the rightful government of Trollsbane, with the assistance of local citizens and nobles. We wish that friendly visitors and citizens alike will enjoy the tavern under the new management of Sssari Trisska. A special thanks is extended to all those who helped gather the needed materials.

New construction projects intended to improve the living standards and well being of the citizens will be announced in the near future by the government.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Magistrate of Trollsbane~
The Knights of Gobaith

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

Duchess Joxia and fellow noblemen,

I wish to speak with you as soon as you can spare the time. I have been offended by your archbishop and church. They are spreading slander about myself and my knighthood throughout the isle and I am appauled that you would look the other way. I suggest you think carefully about who the leaders of your church are and remove the archbishop immediately for his lies and debauchery. The archbishop defines the morals of Trolls Bane and as far as I can tell, the morals of Trolls Bane are unexistant. You do realize that the high inqusitors are the very same bandits who are wanted by your town for attacking citzens for no reason except for claiming that these people are false gods?

I hope that you and your fellow members of goverment will realize what is going on right before your eyes. We are here to help defend your people, if these inquisitors and their archbishop give you any trouble, do let us know. We are on your side.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior/Paladin of Bragon
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

To Mister Dantagon Marescot,

Even though my personal opinion hardly comes with the same authority as the opinion of the Archduchess, I will take a moment to shine some light into the matter as Mister Marescot's letter was addressed to noblemen as well.

The matters regarding Gods or theology are not in the hands of the nobles of Trollsbane. We do not dare to pose as a religious authority which we are not, and we definitely do not feel insolent enough to deny a God his worship, unlike other people who have recently been writing here. The Archbishopric was established, and given considerable autonomy, in order to raise theology, morals and religion on the pedestal they rightfully belong on. Thus, when it comes to religious Authority, Trollsbane nobility has conceded it to the Archbishopric and Archbishop, who was chosen by the church and not Trollsbane. We do not intend to challenge that Authority, for men who dedicate their lives to worship are surely the best sages when it comes to knowing the will of gods.

However, your diplomatic savvy ensured that even if Trollsbane would have powers to suppress the theological opinion of the Archbishop under the Ducal Charter, we would not lift a finger due to your slander against us. Yes, Sir Marescot. Surprisingly enough, it often makes sense to be polite towards those whose assistance or cooperation you are interested in, rather than attacking them when slander when they have done nothing against you.

In order to make this clear for once and for all, the Archduchy is a secular organization and the Archbishopric is the ecclesiastical one. If your behavior displeases the Archbishop, or you have an argument with him over what is more or less theology, then perhaps it makes sense to contact the Archbishop personally. This would be a much better course of action rather than to smear the town, the people and government simply because you are angry at the Archbishop's theological opinion. The manner in which you conduct yourself is not very diplomatic, polite or knightly and it displeases, although does not surprise me to observe it.

But then again, perhaps this rather immature, aggressive and vain attitude as well as your misconduct towards a wholly unrelated party merely serves to illuminate the validity of the critique against you, Dantagon?

Lord Cromwell
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Cromwell,

To be honest, I know not how I have displeased the archbishop. I have left well enough alone, gone about my own buisness, and have had little to nothing to do with him, I have never even met the man. So one might be able to see how suddenly your name being associated with a cesspool of sin can be quite irritating. It is also quite irritating when one realizes that this person happens to be associated with Trolls Bane and therefore represents the attitude of Trolls Bane across the isle. If the archbishop does not have the best representation of Trolls Bane in his mind then I do not see what reason that the town would need or want him as their archbishop.

Now believe me, Cromwell, I have not slandered or attacked you. Aye, I said the goverment has surpressed the citizens and their voice, I've said it from day one. It is a personal opinion which I am sure by now you would understand rather than fear. I have also attempted to contact the archbishop in these matters because his words are by far unacceptable and came out of no where. He refuses to revoke his words and meet with me. Instead he has asked me to speak with the high inquisitors to admit to my 'sins'. I do believe these high inquisitors are not asocciated with Trolls Bane and are in fact the same bandits who have been attacking people in town. This is why I bring theological matters to political ones.

Your archbishop is taking orders from the very bandits who were attacking people in Trolls Bane only a dwarven week ago. Am I the only one who finds this to be, dare I say, odd?

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Trollsbane is a cesspool of sin. And let it be known that I will not tolerate this mule manure slander of action any longer!

I SHALL SMITE ONE BY ONE, THEE IN THE THEOLOGICAL WAY!

BEWARE TROLLSBANE AND ALL ASSOCIATED!

~Nobleman
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Aproaches the board with a smile for the first time in days and attatches a large parchment over the rest

I am very pleased to announce to everyone that ARTIMER FAULT won the first place spot for carpentry in the competitions of Irmorom today in Silverbrand. I know I am very proud of him and all of Trolls Bane should be as well.

There are still competitions to come! On 15 Chos there is to be a race.

On 21 Chos there will be a mining competition as well as a bard and seperate poet competition

On 24 chos will be the final competition of Free Fightingindividually and also seperately for groups of three.

Any who wish to Represent Trolls Bane in these events please send me a dove.

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

I was once a citizen of Troll's Bane, I am currently a noble of Troll's Bane in the position of Archbishop. I request that my name be added to this list, so that people shall know that I am a member of this City.

The City's faithful servant,

Expleti A. Carthusiana, Archbishop of Troll's Bane
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

The Baron Liam Hennighan will be retaking the open seat of Oakwoodshire since the disappearance of Aeridor Istle. I expect that he will bring good things for the betterment of Trolls Bane back with him to the seat he will also fill on the noble council.

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

After many hours of working continueously it seems that the town has been cleared of mummies within the walls. Many thanks and much gratitude to Athian, Verdazar, Johann, Seregon, Geralt, and I know of numerous others who helped also some of you im afraid i dont know your names. but your efforts are appreciated and I am greatful for your willingness to help.

The town gates will stay locked until such a time as the mummies are able to be killed.

May the gods watch over us all.

Ataniel

Post by Ataniel »

Open the town gates! Don't you realize there are many poor, helpless citizens trapped inside the town? You have turned the town into a closed death trap, a slaughterhouse for the zombies! I don't know what you were thinking when you said the town has been cleared, but I still see swarms of them overrunning the city from my perch on the wall tower. -Velendil
cheffu

Post by cheffu »

there were apparantly a bunch of them inside the library
and now they are loose again (I dont know who let them loose)
. I was fishing, thinking it was safe
and now I am running for my life like everyone else.

Elrohir
Ataniel

Post by Ataniel »

Everybody who can run come to the hospital tower. Just give a call and I will let a ladder down! Climb up quick and watch out for zombies that try to grab your legs and pull you down! If you are crippled send a dove and we can send out a Lifesaving team once we have the people. -Velendil

Roll call for everybody that is barricaded up in the hospital tower. If you are sleeping or curled up in a corner now is the time to give a call!

Roster
Elrohir
Orgnolf
Velendil
Anthony
Harok
Athian
Last edited by Ataniel on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

A hastily scribbled note is added to the board.

The Town is flooded with zombies again. Since it was save just a few hours ago I suspect somebody did it on purpose. I made my way through the masses of undead as I managed to make my way inside the town ealier that day.
Seeing the masses of them it is clear to me, that somebody multiplied them conciously. I hope that that person will be found and punished accordingly. But nothing else than that I expected from a town, that welcomes criminals and idiots of all kinds and does not punish them when they do wrong.

There is no signum, though, a drawn ornate hammer can be seen at the end of the writing.
Cryptic

Post by Cryptic »

Harald Hradradr wrote:A hastily scribbled note is added to the board.

The Town is flooded with zombies again. Since it was save just a few hours ago I suspect somebody did it on purpose. I made my way through the masses of undead as I managed to make my way inside the town ealier that day.
Seeing the masses of them it is clear to me, that somebody multiplied them conciously. I hope that that person will be found and punished accordingly. But nothing else than that I expected from a town, that welcomes criminals and idiots of all kinds and does not punish them when they do wrong.

There is no signum, though, a drawn ornate hammer can be seen at the end of the writing.

Your kidding right??? Does nothing?? From my understanding work is being done on correcting the problem of criminal activity and such. What would you do if you were in control of the situation as far as punishment? Just punish anyone you THINK had something to do with criminal activity? I will leave my Identity private for now as you will not find out who I am. Personally if I were you Mr. Harald Hradradr I would keep comments about things not being done in towns to myself ...you never know what will come from this statement.
Athian

Post by Athian »

I find it odd you can name a man whom has placed his name upon the wall under his writing. You must be a diviner of sorts phantom writer 'the second'. I released all those whom were trapped in the hospital so disregard the list above the former rantings. I would not be so easily trapped as by some simple building with a portal at my disposal.

Though i did free those current men stuck within the hospital, It seems that the Undead have reached as far as Varshikar. The problem was exacerbated by a Elf called Velendil or something along that manner. I was too busy being annoyed with his idiocy to listen properly. I hear he is a criminal in Trollsbane, why he as yet to be brought to trial is beyond me but it should be seen to promptly

Athian Corulas
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Moin,

Harald Hradradr fought till death almost four years ago. He died in strength and honour, with Malachin's and Tanora's names on his lips. I warn you to now throw mud on his honourable name by daring to use it with your unworthy hands, or you shall have my and also my husband's revenge on you.

*signed* Rhianna Drakendottir
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Mas is over, the gates have been unlocked and most if not all of the mummies have been destroyed. I hope that everyone is safe and noone suffered too much during this month of madness.

Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Can somebody please come unlock the gates?

ROnan

((I think they were re locked with the map update))
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Citizens, Neighbors and Allies

Despite the traditional chaos of the Mas days, we all are blessed with the opportunity to observe another year pass on our little island. The government of Trollsbane wishes that this year shall be a more peaceful and prosperous than the years of the past. We also feel that a new year is the perfect timing for the introduction of some changes in how the government of Trollsbane functions. Furthermore, we seek to engage the citizenry more in terms of land development and construction matters, as well as to give citizens who have achieved something notable a worthy recognition. All of the aforementioned changes shall be discussed in greater detail below.

Government Reform

We have over a period of time we have reached the conclusion that many of the present problems stem from the fact that our hard-working Archduchess is overburdened and has not enough of help from the other nobles. The government reform of year 28 is intended to change that, bringing about a more equal distribution of work and responsibility within the government itself. Furthermore, instead of forcing all questions, proposals and petitions to be directed at the Archduchess, now the petitioners and askers are able to contact nobles who specialize in one aspect of government and take responsibility in handling that.

In order ensure the presence of merit rather than simply titles in the government, and to make the government inclusive of commoners alike, the positions below may be filled with (unelected) appointed commoners, at the discretion of the Archduchess. Non-nobles may however not hold more than three out of the eight positions at the same time, and are not allowed to use the prefix Lord/Lady in front of their title. The Archduchess has still the final word in all the matters. Furthermore, it shall be noted that these positions are all unpaid.

The list below showcases the new division of responsibilities in the beginning of the year 28.

Title, Name, Responsibilties
Lord Treasurer, Verdazar = Responsible for the economy and economic development of Trollsbane and the surrounding boroughs.
Lord Steward, Liam Heneghan = Responsible for the organization of events, gathering materials (in coordination with Lord Treasurer and Archbishop) and in-town construction matters.
Lady Protector, Frederick Hawkmoonl = The Administration, Organization, Training, Recruitment and Coordination of the Guard activities and other defence.
Lord Ambassador, Edward Cromwell = Foreign affairs.
Lord High Justice, Roland Ross = Sentencing criminals, prisoners and justice system.
Lord Chancellor, Verdazar = Second in Command, general fill-in for Lord High Ambassador and Lord Steward.
Lord High Advisor, Edward Cromwell = General counsel and filling in for Lord Treasurer.
Lord Archbishop, His eminence, Anthony Carthusiana = Religious events and matters, Maintenance of Shrines and Religious buildings.

The list above is subject to change.

Last edited by Joxia Doral on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Trollsbane Development Noteboard

The government wishes to increase the pace of economic and land development around the Archduchy, as well as to receive a greater input when it comes to suggestions and ideas from the common citizenry. Until now, the collection of such ideas has been quite decentralized and has lacked a dedicated forum. By introducing the Trollsbane Development Noteboard, the government hopes to provide the means for the citizens to give suggestions for new or improved constructions. Furthermore, as it has become evident that the resources of individual nobles are sometimes not enough for speedy development and exploitation of natural resources, the central government is willing to assist those projects which have the most potential and seem the most viable.

The noteboard has four major functions:

1.) To announce new construction projects
2.) To showcase and display the projects that are underway and to give updates regarding progress.
3.) To gain review of the ideas, opinions and new suggestions from nobles and normal citizens.
4.) Allow nobles to present their ideas for the economic development of their boroughs, and request for the government to provide assistance.

The greater coordination between the government and nobles, as well as a more efficient use of resources and faster development is what the government hopes to achieve with this project. Nobles and citizens alike should take a moment to discuss their ideas and plans with Lord Treasurer (general ideas and economic development, particularly in regards to the boroughs) or Lord Steward (construction inside the town), in order to give him a preview and to allow him make a preliminary review of the plan. It should be noted that the Nobles are not allowed to petition assistance for their private houses, but rather for buildings which shall be owned by the borough of the Nobleman.

The Development Noteboard can be found here..

Last edited by Joxia Doral on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Awards of Merit – Order of Merit

The awards of merit are merely a physical manifestation and recognition of uncommon acts, which are committed for the benefit of the Archduchy of Trollsbane or uncommon personal achievements of the Archduchy’s citizens. Due to their nature, the awards do not include any monetary or other physical compensation as the most recognition-worthy acts are committed without the desire for personal gain. In order to differentiate between recognizable acts of varying scopes and sizes, three categories shall be created for this Award. The Awards shall be presented by the Archduchess personally to the recipient, and the recipients shall be publicly announced with the reason for the reward cited along with the announcement. The recipients shall join the honorary “Order of Merit”, with a rank and title according to the scope of the achievement.

The Awards, from least to best:

Companion of the Order of Merit
Emerald Ring with the Gravure of Trollsbane. Criterion: Notable personal achievement or magnanimous act towards the Archduchy of Trollsbane.

Officer of the Order of Merit
Ruby Ring with the Gravure of Trollsbane. Criterion: Praiseworthy achievement or act of Valor for the benefit of the Archduchy of Trollsbane, or a remarkable personal achievement.

Knight/Dame of the Order of Merit
Diamond Ring with the Gravure of Trollsbane. Criterion: Exceptional achievement, act of bravery or valor in defense or for the benefit of the Archduchy of Trollsbane. Those individuals whom are bestowed with this Award shall be rewarded with the title “Sir” or ”Dame” and be officially recognized as to have such title by the Archduchy of Trollsbane, if the recipient is willing to accept the title.

Last edited by Joxia Doral on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

ARCHBISHOPRIC

1.) The Monastery remains under the Authority of Trollsbane law and a part of Trollsbane. It will be handed over to the Credii and the Church of Gobaith, who form the backbone of the new administration of the area.

2.) The Monastery shall be turned into an administrative area known as the "Archbishopric", while the names of the individual buildings can remain as they are. Following the name-change, the leader of the Archbishopric is known as the Archbishop.
a.) Father Thyme shall be named as the first Archbishop, and he pledges loyalty to the laws and social order of the Archduchy.
b.) Father Thyme, as all the future archbishops, must give a pledge of loyalty to the Archduchy of Trollsbane before he can ascend to the position. This pledge must be made in the manner specified in 2-d.
c.) The Archbishopric shall have peace to conduct it's business as they wish, as long as the pledge is respected and the pious and shall be allowed to pray on the land.
d.) The exact wording of the pledge: "I, -name- hereby swear in the name of -name-, to diligently and without desire for personal gain to perform my duties as the Archbishop. I shall shepherd the flock fairly, to be pious and respect the laws of Trollsbane. I thank the Almighty gods who have blessed me, and pray that I shall serve them well, for they are the beginning and the end, and I am a mere mortal."
e.) The Archbishop manages his own organization, and should have elections amongst the priests of the Archbishopric on set intervals. Citizenship of another town or area does not prevent a priest from becoming the Archbishop. However, only the priests and monks of the Archbishopric shall be given the right to vote or run for becoming an archbishop.
f.) The priests of the archbishopric are allowed to have their own congregations or churches, and are not forced to cooperate with each other beyond adhering to the commands of the Archbishop, and the election of the Archbishop.
g.) The archbishop has the right to sanction monks and priests for misbehavior, and to ban individuals for committing crimes or blasphemy within the Archbishopric territory.

3.)The Archbishopric is an official borough, set up to monitor and apply religious leadership within the boundaries of Troll's Bane. We are to act as a moral compass for the city. The Archbishop has all of the rights and responsibilities as a noble and is expected to fill a seat on the noble council where he will have a vote in any matters that are to be voted on.

The cemetery has been officially incorporated into our Town, as well as the land south of it.

Signed
Lord Edward Cromwell
First Archduke of Trollsbane

Lord Rothman
Second Archduke of Trollsbane

Joxia Doral
Third Archduchess of Trolls Bane

Father Anthony shall be named as the second Archbishop, and he pledges loyalty to the laws and social order of the Archduchy.

(This contrcat with the archbishopric will be updated with any new changes that are made as well as any agreements concerning the High Inquisitors from the mother church)

Last edited by Joxia Doral on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

CELEBRATION

At this time I would like to invite the other settlements to join Trolls Bane in a Festival of Light or Illumination Festival. It is a time honored traditional celebration that I am sad to say seems to have been neglected in these recent years and I would like to begun again. It begins now with the lighting and continuous burning of lanterns, candles and torches in every settlement and home that wishes to participate throughout the land. It will culminate in Trolls Bane on the 23 of Elos at sunset.(( June 19, Sunday. Time still being figured out))

Last edited by Joxia Doral on Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Unfortunately Lady Fayne Rothman has been unable to fulfill her duties on the noble council. So today it is a great pleasure to announce that Frederick Hawkmoon has taken the empty seat and is now the Baron of Eastmark. He has pledged to honor the citizens of Trolls Bane and do his best to serve honestly.

PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

cheffu wrote:there were apparantly a bunch of them inside the library
and now they are loose again (I dont know who let them loose)
. I was fishing, thinking it was safe
and now I am running for my life like everyone else.

Elrohir
I let them out accidently, but I dont really care, because I got away..(yes I know this is a delayed reply)

Tirrend Skye
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Treaties between Troll's Bane and the Land of the Grey Orders

Basic Proclamation about the Agreement of Territories and Souvereign Rights

(1a)
Troll's Bane and the Grey Orders honor the existence of both autonom territories, the souvereign rights on their defined lands and all properties inside and outside of them.
The goverment of Troll's Bane promises to accept the autonomy of the Lands of the Grey Orders and the souvereign rights about them. The Grey Orders also announces to accept the autonomy of Troll`s Bane, the citizens and their goverment and all souvereign rights of them.

(1b)
The respect and acceptance to each other, promised in this proclamation is the fundament of more and intensive diplomatic contacts. All other treaties and proclamations between Troll's Bane and the Lands of the Grey Orders will base on it.

(2)
Furthermore both parties accept in agreement of paragraph 1 their autonom leaders, the laws and judicature than part of the the souvereign rights.

The borders of the territory of Troll's Bane are defined by following:

The Faerys Tears River in the north, the foot of the copper mountains in the east, the Trolls Vein River in the south and the furthers shore of the Adron Lake in the west. All borders to the north remain as stated. Revisions of borders in the other directions can be found in the recent Trolls Bane archives.

The land of the Grey Orders is limited by landmarks and is defined by following:

The Faerys Tears River in the south and the swamps in the west; the cursed temple ruins, over the dark Rock Woods and the Grave Woods in the north and in range of the castle the mountains of Irmorom in the east.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Treaty about common defence between the Land of the Grey Orders and Troll's Bane

In cases of trouble and war the Land of the Grey Orders and Trolls Bane announce to each other, to protect the refugees of the other party in use of their infrastructure. Citizens of Troll's Bane will find protection inside the walls of the Grey Refuge Castle and inhabitants of the Lands of the Grey Orders will find protection within the townwalls of Troll's Bane.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Treaty about 'Free Access' between the Land of the Grey Orders and Troll's Bane

The Grey Orders and Troll's Bane guarantee free access to the resources and traders on their lands to each other and in agreement of general laws about the use of some resources (forestry laws, private rooms and property).

It is the promise of following to keep these treaties. The gods may watch them:

In name of the Grey Orders:

~Lennier
Souvereign of the Grey Refuge
Grandmaster of the Grey Rose~

*marked with seal of the Grey Rose*

In name of Troll's Bane:

*marked with her seal for authenticity*
Joxia Doral

Celebration

Post by Joxia Doral »

The Illumination Festival will take place at sunset today in Trolls Bane come early to join in the celebration of light.

((There has been an error on my part in the scheduling of this event and I sincerely appologize for the mix up and my confusion with the time conversion. The event is now scheduled for today at 12am GMT+2. {I hope}))

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

First i must give my appologies and take full responsibility for the confusion about when the Illumination Festival was scheduled to be. But for those who did manage to attend I thank you and hope that we have renewed a tradition that has been neglected and I hope that it will bring a better year to all than the last .