The Archduchy of the Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

TROLLS BANE HAS ENTERED INTO A CONTRACT WITH KNIGHTS OF GOBAITH

CONTRACT OF ALLIANCE

This is a formal contract between the Knights of Gobiath and the Archduchy of Trollsbane regarding the protection of Trollsbane by the knights. The knight's primary purpose will be the protection of any citizen of trollsbane, the protection of the visitors to Trollsbane who are not causing trouble, and the property of Trollsbane, in that order of priority. The knights are to act as their own guard unit, answering only to the Elder Knights, who in turn work with the Archduchess in control of the unit.

All knights have a code of honor by which they conduct their lives, they are not subject to any order, nor action, that will cause them to break this code. A knight has the full right to uphold his own honor, and that of the knighthood, above any and all duties sworn elsewhere. Pages will be expected to listen to the advice of the guard, but are not to be held accountable if the orders go against their moral code, or they do not think the act to uphold their honor, and they refuse to obey the order. Any punishment from any action taken while upholding this honor shall come from the agreed upon choice of the Elder knights and current Archduke only. Furthermore, the knighthood will be given right to put to vote whether to terminate the contract at anytime, as will the council of nobles.

In cases regarding members hired as both guardsmen and who are with the knights shall be paid as guards, shall be held to their obligations as a guard, or face the punishment of a guard doing said action

In regards to pay, equipment, and rankings in the field, the members of the knighthood are to be seen as the following:
Pages will be seen as Recruits in regards to all authority, pay and equipment
Squires will be seen as Guards in regards to all authority, pay, and equipment
Knights will be seen as Lieutenants in regards to all authority, pay and equipment

Both parties signify agreement and are bond by their signatures below.

signed
~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
signed
~Dame Amaria of Gobaith~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Aeridor Isthil is the new Baron of Oakwoodshire and will sit on the noble council of Tolls Bane.
Pterry

Trapped!

Post by Pterry »

I seem to have been locked into the bedchamber in the southeasternmost corner of Trollsbane. Would someone with a key please release me? I would be profoundly grateful.

~Thig
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

You may leave my house now. Please close the door after you left. Thank you.

A.Y.R.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

ELECTION

If any nobles wish to run for the seat of Archduke/duchess, please make it known here.

We will hold a nobles meeting on Sunday ((20:00 GMT )) and is open to all who wish to attend on the roof of the Seahorse.

I intend to run again as there are things I have not yet been able to get done.

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I AM HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT I WILL BE SERVING ANOTHER TERM AS THE ARCHDUCHESS OF TROLL BANE
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I would like to issue a general reminder about this section of the Town Laws:
Forestry Law
~ Rules concerning the cutting and planting of trees ~

§1) Within the town walls of Troll’s Bane the planting and cutting of trees is forbidden.
§2) Outside the town walls, on the territory of Troll’s Bane, it is not allowed to cut or plant trees in distance of ten feet from the town walls. Planting trees close to paths is not allowed as well. Cutting trees close to paths is forbidden due to the safety reasons.
Anyone wanting to cut down trees in the town walls should first seek written permission from a member of the Council of Nobles.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Magistrate of Trollsbane~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

THANK YOU & CONGRATULATIONS
on your successful tournament event Knights of Gobaith. Trolls Bane was glad to host it and will be happy to do again should you like yo hold another.

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Joxia Doral wrote:Market Day and Town Meeting ((Sunday 20:00GMT))
(This Sunday)

The event will be held within Trollsbane Proper and all traders are requested to set up stalls within and around Eliza's shop and the Market Square.

Schedule:
((18:00 GMT)) Traders are encouraged to set up stalls and prepare commodities for trading to give adequate time for transactions to take place prior to the town meeting.
((20:00 GMT)) Trading will be paused briefly in order for a public town meeting to be held. All citizens are welcome to attend to suggest improvements, air complaints and raise questions with the Doral Administration.
((21:00+ GMT)) After the meeting is adjourned Trading will resume with the Trollsbane Procurement Office (TPO) opening for business.

Additional Information

Market Stalls:
Any person that is permitted within the town is permitted, and indeed, encouraged to trade within the town and with its citizens and administration. Trade between citizens of other nations is free and encouraged to continue. The TPO is currently looking into opportunities for semi-permanent and permanent market stall opportunities for citizens and other traders alike. In order to avoid theft and unnessesary loss citizens are advised to keep a close hold of commodities being traded. ((Keep your belt space free for items you are advertising so people can use the 'Lookat' function to get a rough idea of what you sell Smile )) However all are free to display items on the floor close to their person at their own discretion. It should however be noted that display space should be limited to a couple of paces. ((i.e. The adjacent squares))

Town Meeting:
In addition to the Noble Meeting which is free and open for any citizen to attend. A Town Meeting will be held on each market day where the specific needs of the citizens and townspeople are addressed. This is the people's forum to speak their peice, suggest improvements to the town and pose questions to the administration. The aim of this meeting is so that the administration can garner a clearer picture of the needs and desires of the people which it is built to serve.

The Trollsbane Procurement Office:
The TPO is the official purchasing body of Trollsbane and is headed by Chancellor Verdazar. The TPO will be looking to purchase a large quantity of building materials from citizens in preparation for a number of expansion projects. Sales from and to citizens of Trollsbane will receive a 10% bonus/discount on the total transaction however this offer applies ONLY to citizens of Trollsbane. Citizens of other nations are still free to trade with the TPO however will sustain no penalities or bonuses in the transaction. Heads of state are encouraged to enter into Trade Pacts with the TPO in order to ensure a prosperous trade between settlements that suits the needs of the island as a whole.

Entertainment:
Any entertainers wishing to perform at the market must first recieve permission to do so from either the Chancellor or Archduchess. All are encouraged to apply and those chosen to perform will receive payment for their services.

Security:
The Town Guard will be responsible for tending to security at the event with additional support provided by the Grovestriders as needed. The event will also serve as a recruitment drive for the town guard so all prospective members be sure to attend.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

MARKET DAY

A reminder to all Market Day this week.

Pterry

Citizenship

Post by Pterry »

I have been here a few months now and would like to become a citizen of Trollsbane.

~Thigmophiles P'terrun (Thig)
Pterry

Citizenship

Post by Pterry »

I also have clearly made Trollsbane my home and would like to become a citizen officially.

~Tikir Thoronalis
Alphonse Erganimis

Post by Alphonse Erganimis »

I have been in Troll Bein for some time, and I don't plan on leaving.
I am in the city from day in to day out so I would like to apply to be a citizen.

~Alphonse Eraganimis
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

AS OF NOW NO CITIZENS OF SILVERBRAND ARE ALLOWED TO VENTURE INTO TROLLS BANE. ANY KNOWN CITIZENS OF SILVERBRAND CAUGHT IN TROLLS BANE WILL BE ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY.

Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

Shall this be a cave pig hunt? Do you now expect that I forbid the entrance for citizen of Trollsbane? You are all ridiculous, Noblemen of Trollsbane.

Of course I do not forbid the entrance to Silverbrand for Trollsbaners, they can still come and won't be arrested IF they don't do the same like Verdazar or his bodyguard did.

After this declaration I'm not interested in any trade relations between our realms. Independent craftsmen who only work at Trollsbanes workshop can still sell things to us or buy from us, but monthly deliveries to the city of Trollsbane you can forget.

My only concern was a judgement for the criminal Verdazar and his bodyguard. But you're not even honorable enough for accepting that. No, you of course provocate a war.

Like I said, ridiculous.

Don't start a board discussion about it here, I'm not interested. If you have a last spark of honor, you'll be able to talk to me face to face.

~~Amrothar Eisenbein~~
Chancellor of Silverbrand
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Chancellor, Before you insult others, you should know the situation first. The city of Silverbrand, technically, is open to the public. however. The level to which it is open does not compare with Bane. If we were to even out what bane is allowed to do in silverbrand, with the dwarves in bane, We would only allow you into our Guardhouses and forbid you to mine ores.

These allegations are beyond reason. You've forgotten your treaties, and forgotten your place Chancellor.

Taylor Windslasher
~Knight of the Crimson Blade
Eisenbein

Post by Eisenbein »

Is it too much work for you reading my last sentence?

I could now explain the 100. time where my place is and that I hadn't forget it, but I'm tired of it. I could also explain what is allowed to do in Silverbrand and could compare the private rooms and halls of Silverbrand with the rooms where you have a wash, but I'm simply tired of it.

I'll not react to the next parchment hanging here and concerning our kingdom, you have a mouth so come and talk.

~~Amrothar Ironleg~~
Chancellor of Silverbrand
George Felandrus

Post by George Felandrus »

Now it is the end, the war will start soon and I am no longer a town guard. I let Troll's Bane in the lurch. Then you fight at Silverbrand,verdazrs guilt, then I fight for silverbrand! It is not that due to a wannabe magician and his bodyguard a war erupts. Troll's Bane can not do this. How has troll Bane's just developed? It is bad. Joxia should be overthrown and Troll's Bane newly organize. Even the carpenter Masbut, which from time to time cut a tree, is now the enemy! It is not so, remove me from the list of recruits and doesn't attemp to find me. The Guild will continue from my friends.

Farewell the still normal people ~ Felandrus George, a former recruit of the town guard

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nun ist es das ende, der Krieg beginnt bald und ich bin keine Wache mehr. Ich lasse Troll's Bane im Stich, ich ziehe weiter aus Troll's Bane und wenn ihr gegen silberbrand kämpft, wegen Verdazar, dann werde ich für Silberbrand kämpfen. Es geht nicht an, das wegen einem möchtegern Magier und seiner Leibwache ein Krieg ausbricht. Das kann Troll's bane nicht machen. Wie hat sich troll's Bane nur entwickelt?! Es ist schlimm. Joxia sollte gestürzt werden und Troll's Bane neu organiesiert. Sogar der Schreiner Masbut, der ab und zu einen Baum gefällt hat, ist nun Feind! Es geht nicht also streicht mich aus der Liste der Rekruten und sucht mich nicht. Die Gilde wird weiter von meinen Freunden geleitet.

Gruß an die noch normalen Leute ~George Felandrus, ehemaliger Rekrut der Stadtwache
masbut gobeer

Post by masbut gobeer »

ich, Masbut Gobeer, ehrenwerter Instrumentenbauer, redlicher Handwerker und ehrlicher Mann, verkünde hier öffentlich:

Ich bin keines Mannes und keiner Fraus Feind!
Ich benutze keinen Schild und keine Rüstung!
Waffen benutze ich nur zu Jagdzwecken!

Wenn mich jemand als seinen Feind sieht, so mag er geblendet sein oder unter Halluzinationen leiden. Oder vielleicht haben Magier ihre Hand im Spiel.

gez.

Masbut Gobeer
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

The following writing appears to be written in blood.

Blood equals blood.

~No signature is left, but the shape of a diamond is drawn.

<>
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

George,

I wish you to reconsider leaving the guard. Chancellor Verdazar is innocent and I will stand by that. Please come and speak with me.

Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Joxia,

I do think you need to reconsiter your actions with Silverbrand. I understand your need to stand by your council members, but do you have proof. As far as I can see all you have is his word, just as Silverbrand has the word of their guard. One of them is lying or stretching the truth, but until you seek out the truth all you have is a basket full of possibilities that have been sitting in the sun too long to feed your notions from. Personally I think they have gotten a bit rotten and it may be time to toss it out and make a fresh batch.

I invite both side in this conflict to attend the knighthood meeting ((Wendsday at 4pm est. 10pm GMT +1)) at Stoneridge Keep so that both sides may settle their dispute on neutral ground. Weapons and wands should be left at the door.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon

((Uebersetsung bitte))
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Revolution!
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Dantagon Marescot wrote:
I invite both side in this conflict to attend the knighthood meeting ((Wendsday at 4pm est. 10pm GMT +1)) at Stoneridge Keep so that both sides may settle their dispute on neutral ground. Weapons and wands should be left at the door.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
This has already been attempted, It ended simply with Silverbrand insulting the Archduchess without reason.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A note is found on the door to the Tavern
On behalf of the Archduchess of Trollsbane,

The Fluffy Sheep Tavern (Formerly property of Silverbrand) is hereby Seized, it shall be operated by the Government of Trollsbane until further notice.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Magistrate of Trollsbane~

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

CITIZENS OF TROLLS BANE

I want to thank all those who risked their lives to defend Trolls Bane today. Unfortunately the matter is still not resolved so i ask everyone to stay on alert and watchful.

Krest

Post by Krest »

The tavern is kind of ruined... someone or something wrecked the place...

C.R

P.S The sand arena disappeared too.
masbut gobeer

Bandorkai

Post by masbut gobeer »

Der hinterhältige Bandorkai läuft immer noch frei rum.
Er hat mich hinterrücks ausserhalb der Stadt angegriffen, obwohl ich nicht bewaffnet war und keinen Schild, noch Rüstung trug.

Soweit ist es in dieser götterlosen Stadt gekommen, dass Totschläger frei rumlaufen... ja sogar noch als Rekruten der Garde geschützt sind.

Oh Oldra und Ushara, erbarme dich dieser götterlosen Regierung und dieser verlausten Stadt.

MG
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

THE BAN ON CITIZENS OF SILVERBRAND IS LIFTED AND THEY ARE ONCE MORE WELCOMED WITHIN OUR WALLS

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

CITIZENS OF TROLLS BANE
We are again in a state of war with Silverbrand I urge all citizens to to be careful and watchful.