A fallen Elf ((open RP))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

A small goblin walks up, clutching a parchment in his hand...He grins as he approaches the scene, seeming to know what has transpired here - he glances to his parchment to check that what he has read is true.

Well...This beinks interestinks...The greatsks wood-choppinks-mercanarysks-resteranteur-priestsks-scribe-guildleader-druid-bishop beinks deadsks...Oh dearsks, what willsks the world do withoutsks him, Grakir asks?

Grakir laughs slightly, carressing his priestly staff, while looking down at the body - for the first time, above than the elf.

My condolencesks...I willsks be sad at his loss - even if it beinks only becausesks Maeglin beatinks me to my goal...
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

THe elf stands at the sifde of the body looking back to the goblin seeming to recognise him.He speaks angrily.

Leave now!
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

The lizard notices grakir and walks over to him and whispers.Why even show up grakir, you are not liked by any of the people who liked Aldan.NOW LEAVE BEFORE I SLIT YOUR THROAT.He says that in a quiet icy tone
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*Eli searches frantically throughout Troll's Bane a note clutched in his hand asking around about Aldan and if anyone has seen him*

"Have you seen Aldan? It is very important that I speak with him."

*Each person he passes similar questions come from his lips, a deep concern can be heard in his voice. Hoping that someone will know where he might be*
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

The young elf spots the mage with the note. Recognising him as Aldans old master he runs up to him. Why are you in such a rush?
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*Stops short of the little elf and looks at him closely*

"I am concerned about a friend of mine, Aldan Vian, do you know him or have you heard where he is?"

*pockets the note haphazardly*
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I...I'm his son...Eilal...

The elf sighs slightly pointing back to the body on the ground behind him.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*blinks*

"....what?"

*Eyes casually move over the young elf toward the direction indicated. A sudden gut wrenching pain sears his insides.*

"...no...not ....again"

*His posture goes lip, the color slowly recedes from his face, and that old familiar feeling creeps over him. Stuck to him like a wet silk shirt was the veil of death. Since he could remember scenes of such tragedy and sorrow have crippled his memories. Looking over the fallen corpse was enough to make him sick. How many more friends would be lost, how many more loved ones? Reaching back into his pocket he takes out the letter and tries to open it. Instead, the note falls from his unsteady hands toward the ground. Unable to summon the strength to pick it back up only a single fractured sentence comes off his lips*

".....he...wanted-to-be-buried... under-under...an eldan oak on my land...."

*Silence now comes over him unable to speak any further. The last trace of communication can be seen in the sorrowful forest green eyes now resting upon his fallen friend.*
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

The small elf watches the man carefully.

Are..you ok Eli?

He looks down at the note picking it up and reading it....He trembles slightly droping the note to the ground.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

The goblin laughs at the threats, grinning to himself in some self-amused way...

Leavinks...That I shallsks do, eventuallysks. But, I just cominks to check that he beinks dead...

He pauses for a second, scratching thoughtfully behind an ear...

Wellsks, the Eldan Oak, Mr Travinus, soundinks like a fine placesks - but I wouldsks recommend yousks burninks the corpse, so that there beinks no hopesks of ressurectinks. Grakir not likinks the thoughtsks of reborn elvesks...Not rightsks that they shouldsks be born anyway...

He mutters to himself, before turning to lean quietly on the wall, a watchful look in his beady eyes.
Maeglin Telemmaite

The lizard starts to strike Grakir but stops before he hits his face.HOW DARE YOU GRAKIR.We are in mourning and all you can think of is your hatred for this being...you are a DISGRACE to the five.with that he walks away and back to the body but motions for a few mages that if grakir even came near the body to blast him IMMEDIATLY.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*Ignoring the outburst by the Lizard only a simple nod to the goblin is his response. In the back of his mind he knew the power of necromancy all too well, and no one should have to be ripped from eternal bliss to walk the mortal's land. The thought of resurrection surfaced memories of his mother and the heinous figure now surfacing in his mind. He had to push the memory away now wasn't the time.

Just as his mind was slipping away from his mother they traveled to Misha and helpless feeling he felt then. Finding himself unconsciously murmuring the same words he did at Misha fallen body.*

"Where would you like to go...."

*stammering for a moment he shakes his head to sound more logical*

"What should we do now?"
Maeglin Telemmaite

We shall bury him((already done i know but for the sake of rp huh.lets finish this one off))In the traditional vian way.He whispers to eli so barely audible that only he could hear it)

We dig the grave and make a giant inferno usinig 1 log from every type of tree on the island.Then we throw on 4 wolf hides.he glimpses over to aldans wolf laying next to him.We thenWe kill his wolf and put the entire thig in the fire and shove it into teh grave and bury it before the flames go out.It signifys that he will always be with his wolven brethren and be forever warm in the winters to come.

he puts a comforting hand on eli's shoulder.Let us start right away. ohh and no one can know about that.How it is done is a vian secret.Each funeral hold no mkore than the closest fo friends and 1 priest.

he then turns to Grakir.As much as i hate to ask this,will you be the priest?
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

The goblin grins, looking up at the one talking to him and laughs slighty.

Wellsks...beinks this a turn of eventsks, yousks askinks the mightysks Grakir to conduct somethinks for his enemiesks...Yesks! He willsks do it, because it beinks somethinks that shouldsks be done.

He looks about momentarily, before turning back to face the group.

Yousks knowsks...It beinks an honoursks, perhapsks, to beinks invited to doinks this. Grakir alwaysks likinks family secretsks, especially when he beinks involved.

(( Should be noted, that funeral did not take place, PO Aldan, nor Eli, nor Joxia nor anyone but Artimer and myself turned up at the time or place. He still needs to be buried IG. ))
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

The elf scouls slightly thinking of Grakir doing the funeral but then shrugs.

"I guess a priest who was enemy to Aldan is better than now priest."

((Sorry I had a little emergency at the time of the funeral))
Maeglin Telemmaite

((welll I was misinformed.ingame we need to bury him exactly how it is described..))
The Lizard takes the body of teh elf and slings him over his shoulder.Let us go now to Weststrand.We bury the body now.people or not.He sees a black shadowy figure move across his line of sight but no one else seemes to notice.Ss'arokZel walks over to a tree where he saw the shadow run to and whispersSsarz'skars are you going to the funeral?
Last edited by Maeglin Telemmaite on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

*the small lizard speaks*

YEsss...let uss go.
Last edited by Aldan Vian on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeglin Telemmaite

The lizard motions for anyone who is comming to follow him,and he makes his way to the Eldan Oak in Westrand,The body of Aldan Vian on his shoulder,shovel in hand and a hatchet on his back.
Rosanna

Post by Rosanna »

A pretty, young elfess, who had just appeared out of no where, clung to the edge of the cluster of people, her purple eyes laced with tears. She closed her eyes and turned her head to the side as she saw Aldan being taken away.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

The small goblin paces behind the quiet proccession dismally, he is not well pleased with the weather, and the company of mourners always seems to irritate him.

"When startinks the funeral...Grakir itchinks to startinks thisks."
Rosanna

Post by Rosanna »

The young elfess followed quietly a few paces behind. In her hand she clutched a maple bow, in her other hand she gripped an arrow.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

THe young elf watches for a moment as a tear falls from his eye and he disappears into the shadows.
Rosanna

Post by Rosanna »

Aldan Vian wrote:THe young elf watches for a moment as a tear falls from his eye and he disappears into the shadows.
The young elfess set the arrow in the bow, and aimed into the bushes where the elf had just dissapeared, "Show yourself!" She called out, her voice steady and strong dispite the tears running down her cheeks
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

THe elf never comes back from within the shadows. Though if you listened closely a few words could be heard being mumbled followed by a flash of light. Should somebody go take a look a book would be found laying there.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

The goblin, as he walks quietly along, picks a small book from the ground which seems to have fallen upon hard times. He looks at it curiously, before deciding he should open it...He stops walking for a moment, as he begins to read its curious script...
Maeglin Telemmaite

The taller Lizard yells for Grakir to hurry up and move on his way.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

The book seems to be filled with words of the ancient language. But oddly enough after the first page the book is blank.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

(( Okay guys, sorry for the OOC post - but we need to organise an IG day for the ceremony. As a note, Grakir knows four languages - Anccient included. Aldan, PM me a date, and then I'll get back to you on it - then once it's sorted, we'll inform Maeglin etc to come along. ))

Grakir looks at the first page, smiles slightly before continuing to walk along the path, picking up his pace in response to the one who called him.

They are beginning to near the ancient oak...The time is at hand.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Sorry for the OOc post but Maeglin is gone unless u were talking about forum names.but i will no longer be using maeglin I will be using one i created for my new Char.Ss'arok Zel Vian.((also forum name))

A lizard grumbles about Grakir taking his time and not feeling any greif((sorry bout spelling))for the people around him.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Father Thyme stands near the ancient Oak, within a six foot hole. He is dressed in travelling clothes, covered in fresh dirt. As the party nears the site with the body of Aldan, he hops out of the freshly dug grave, throws down the shovel and reviews his work.

Grakir stops suddenly, surprised that the priest would dig a grave himself, then shrugs and motions the party to continue.

Father thyme brushes off the fresh dirt from his clothes, and reaches over to a nearby branch where hangs a freshly cleaned white priests robe. He dresses himself with the robe and kisses the vestment.

As the Party approaches, Father Thyme motions for them to plaxce the coffin within the freshly dug hole.

"Where have you been Fathersk?" Grakir asks.

"I have been here, working away my sorrows" Thyme responds. "I am sorry, but I could not yet face the body so soon, so I came here to prepare the grave. We all have our own ways of grieving. Shall we begin then?"

((How about funeral IG on Wednesday 7pm GMT?))