old grovestriders board

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

a slight mis hap was discovered and has been fixed in the cave of the grovestriders.. it seems i am the only person who actually check the cave.. the problem was a missing depot.. it has since been placed back in it's previous spot.. huzzahs! now then some one get to cutting those damned cherry trees down.. don't up root just cut.. we need branches for sword handles and the like.. also.. i would like to meet as many of the grovestriders in one place at one time as i can.. we may have a job coming our way that will require more than on person..

and to Tirrend. If you dont start showing your hide you shall be removed from the position of captain.. a captain should be active.. i gave you a responsibility and you have shirked it..

any one wish to be captain needs these qualities..
  • be able to be around frequently and if you cant, find a suitable replacement before you leave the island.
  • be ready to train new recruits and yourself as well as more seasoned soldiers.
this is not very demanding other than devoting time to teaching others.

if you must get work done this is all well and good try to find a job with in your work for your fellow grovestriders. For example:

if i must have fur to tailor i look for one of my grovestriders to help me get fur or to go get the furs for me.. if i need a farm grain i teach some farming to the fellow grovestriders and let them farm along side me to help me out a bit and they can sell any extra. or perhaps take on another farming job for an outside person..

currently i am in need of both sibanac and furs.. so in light of this i am seeking members to help me at the troll woods and also in wolf hunting.. in exchange i shall pay you the going rate of 5 copper each for furs and 1 copper for sib. also if you need leather or fur goods i will make those. also if your other tools, weapons, or armors are worn or broken come find me and we will take a trip to the armory.

remember your family

~~Darius Kain~~

Grovestriders Commander[/list]
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

*a cute little red head ties an elegant looking letter on the legs of a dove*
Dear Grovstriders,

I am still a member of this society if you still wish to have me. I am taking a time off in the forest for meditation purposes and cleansing of my soul and spirit after that demon incident. I will be back in two dwarven months. Sorry for the sudden leave of adsense but this cleansing was severly needed. I did not tell anyone of my leaving cause i did not want it to be found out and then i followed by the very demons harrassing me.

Love, Grovestrider Fleta Ross, Page of the Knighthood of Gobiath, Free Druid

((im at home for the summer and they have dial up. arg. plus im busy everyday cooking and cleaning and watching my sisters kids while she is off at clinicals...a new born , one year old and two year old..yay... -.- lol so um ill see yall in august when i move back in the dorms. i might be on randomly this summer though cause of my dads business trips and wireless in the hotels...just depends if he takes me on any :) toodles i miss each and everyone of you XOXO's))
zda

Post by zda »

*A man wearing a green robe a fait glow can been seen from his robe pulls a chisel looking nail and hammer and sticks a note to the out side wall of the cave were every one can see it*

I finally got us a job!!

Archie Blackbird is wanting 500 arrows and may buy a bow but he whats to know what we can make.
i know it is not much of a job but it is a job.

~ Grove strider Zach dawson~
zda

Post by zda »

i have got 2 new recruits to the grovestriders pug Fosse and joris
Joris X

Post by Joris X »

*Scribbles a small note on the board, quite sloppy and hastily.*

Greetin's. I'm the potentially welcome new member to the Grovestriders.

Making myself known, I suppose.

-Joris Cleaver
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Joris Cleaver,

If you would eet with me in person so I can evaluate your skills and such to see if you are ready to join the Grovestriders, it would be much appreciated. I dont dubt you will be a valuable addition, but would be pleased to meet with any new recruits in person. Please send me a letter with when and where I can meet with you.

Officer Jonathan Cain
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I don't recall an evaluation being involved in joining...just to get a higher rank..besides, he's an archer, he'll stand no chance in your evaluations.

Tak
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Tak, I care ,ess for his fighting skills than I do for his mind and personality. I like to know who i'm working with.

Jon
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Verywell, I am simply worried you will beat him into a pulp and we will have no recruit left.

Have Fun,
Tak
Joris X

Post by Joris X »

You be pleased (hopefully) to hear that I made it out alive.

See you 'round,

-Joris
Joris X

Post by Joris X »

*Scribbles another hastily written note, excitement is obviously seen through the writing*

I reckon I scored my first "contract" with some halflings named Bernie and Jonah. I'll be butchering pigs for a while, collecting their leathers, entrails, and pork for their own reasons.

-Joris C.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

* A man scratches his head as he pulls his hat off. he dusts the hat off knocking some dust off. after a while reading his pulls a quill out and begins to write.*

My Dear family Of Grovestriders,

I miss you all very much. i also am proud to see you have gotten along well in my absence. I look around and i see that spring has come again. it is marvelous. unfortunately i can not stay. i will return as i can but it will be a while before any one sees me in person. i know not when i can return for good the situation on the mainland has become more challenging.

Grovstriders Commander Darius Kain

*he pins the note up with a sigh and places his hat back on his head. wandering into the forest heading for the harbor he places a hand on a tree looking back with a sigh. soon he disappears into the trees.*
Grovestriders Mercenaries

Post by Grovestriders Mercenaries »

*time has taken this piece and eaten it till nothing remains but an old rusted nail*
Last edited by Grovestriders Mercenaries on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joris X

Post by Joris X »

Greetings Fellow Grovestriders!

Murgo is wanting to join our ranks. I was able to recruit him in. So, by the will of our Commanders - or whoever makes the choice - please accept Murgo as a new member!

Many Thanks!
-Joris C.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

contract!

we have a proposal for a contract with trolls bane to join the town guard on a temporary basis. pay is to be between 10-20 silvers per dwarven month.

this contract is not yet final and if you have already joined the guard there is no need to express the intent to take part in this contract as you are already guard members privately. all others who may wish to take this on please send me a dove.

War games!

We will be aiding the Tinechore of vanima in training on ((sunday at 10pm GMT ))

~Darius Kain~

HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

in order to see who actualy reads this board or even thinks of checking it regularly i would like those who see this message to send a dove my way this will tell me who is most active so i can schedule some meetings and possibly some outings.

~Darius Kain~
zda

Post by zda »

*a man come bye and places a note on one of the trees out side the cave*

i have planted 2 new orchards on the way to the cave nere the rock that most people use to find there way to the cave.
i also plan to put more apple orchards and make the other cherry orchards bigger soon if that is fine

i moved the apple orchard to the other side of the road it was in the way were i planted it the first time

Signed
~vice-captain Zach Dawson~
zda

Post by zda »

*a man places another note on the board*

i have taken Ignis as my smith aprentice

Vice-Captian Zach Dawson
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I have already sent a dove to Darius Kain with this message, to no response. So I will leave a note here.
I have several Grovestrider Keys in my possession. I am sure I can be persuaded to return them.
Skaalib
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

*a cute little red head wabbles over to the board and places a note on it, careful to not knock the others off with her huge stomach*
Dear my lovely Groves,
I will be going to the main land for the rest of my pregnancy. I will be back as soon as I and the baby are healthy enough to come back.

~Yours Truely~
Grovestrider Fleta Ross

((DUDE!!! so pissed.....my new college has Illa blocked..... so will not be on till jan of 2011. Im trnasferring out of this school after this semester. I will get on when im home for holidays so i will be on randomly through thanksgiving and christmas. I love you guys))
zda

Post by zda »

the caves security has been compromised it is not that safe any more a bandits holds a key to the doors i have sent a letter to a lock and key smith to get the locks changed once they are changer i will give the member how holds a key a new one.

Zach Dawson
Vice-Captian
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

Greetings to all Grovestriders. Unfortunately i was injured by a golem in a bit if an odd accident. as for my recovery i shall be fine it is nothing life threating broken rib possibly a minor fracture in my upper arm. i shall be recuperating in my cave until i am fit for combat. if any one needs me i can easily be reached via messenger leaving a note on the inner cave wall. Any visits are welcomed however some form of advanced notice is required as i will not answer to just sporadic visitors.

If you are an officer you may come get new keys however you must still arrange a meeting in advance other's keys shall be granted later as needed.

Darius Kain

PS. pie are most welcome if you wish to send some form of "get well" food. i can still tailor though i will not be able to make the same quality garments as you may have come to expect.
Erester

Post by Erester »

Hmph.

I noticed that you've all decided to take my name off the roster. I suppose I have only myself to blame, what with my long absence. Regardless, I'm back yet again, so if it's not an inconvenience, kindly put me back on the roster.

-Erester, Carpenter.

P.S. Which one of you changed the locks on the door? My key no longer works.
zda

Post by zda »

*a man walks up wearing a green robe which has the grovestriders coat of arms on the back and places a note on one of the trees*

the locks have been changed because i lost my key to bandits and they had to be changed. to get a new key and back on the roster
you should send darius a letter.

Vice-Captain
Zach Dawson
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

*A small child runs up to the board and places a note, he grins happily as he runs away with a shining silver coin in is hand.*

Dear Grovestrider peoples,

I forgot to mention to you all that I will be away for awhile, though I plan to return within a few dwarven weeks, I hope all is well, keep an eye on the union for me if you have time.

Signed,
Tak'Zel
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

im just leaving the post here to remind you all we are still a guild and we need the ability to serve to populous with our talents and time..

~Darius Kain~
maryday

Post by maryday »

*Something is scrawled underneath.*

Need working hand
pays well

*Some green stalks of grain are braided to a wreath, laying on a stone below.
The still unripe corn seems already exceptionally fat.*
Grovestriders Mercenaries

Re: Riverside Grovestriders

Post by Grovestriders Mercenaries »

Alright spring is here.. and we need coins collectively and individually.. we will now be running a delivery service.. all the usual rules apply. essentially nothing has changed.. we will be working with the farmer's union and other good providers in order to promote island-wide commerce. so if you need money trap on some good boots and find us merchants to do business with.

~Darius Kain
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

A simple note is pinned upon the board atop a few old ones

I would like to resign from my position as Officer, and from the guild all together.

Thank you,
~Tirrend~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

My Dear Brother,

I hope you have a key saved for me still. I am considering doing some of the work that i have been doing in Briar and the harbor in the comfort and privacy of the cave. Please let me know when and where to meet you.

Love always,
Your sister,
~*~Joxia~*~