The Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Town Guard of TB

The Town Guard of Troll's Bane

Post by The Town Guard of TB »

• OOC Note:
    This Topic is about proclamations of the 'Town Guard'.
    This is no place for discussions about the posts in here.
    Before you post anything here, please consider the option to send me a PM. Please do not spam this topic.

ImageThe Town Guard of Trolls of Trolls BaneImage

Oath of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane:
  • A Town Guard should not desire fame and fortune from his job, more so, the desire for safety of the Town he protects.
    In times of criminal direst and misfortune , a Town Guard must exert free will and base his actions on his own values. A Town Guard most follow his superiors but only if what is requested of them is within the basis of the Town Laws they uphold.
    A Town Guard must never turn his back on his fellow Comrades. Comradity amongst members is a must.
    In times of trouble, it's the Town Guard's duty to be there no matter the problem or circumstances.
For your Brothers in Arms!

Members of the Town Guard:
  • Captain:
    Julius Rothman

Lieutenant:
    Altrix

Guards:
    Amaria
    Amadi Yusuf Randal
    Fooser

Recruits:

Rules and Regulations of the Town Guard
  • The Town Guard is given the duty to protect and secure a peaceful heaven within the Town Borders.
  • The Troll's Bane Town Guard will act within the borders of Troll's Bane and within the laws of Troll's Bane. The guard will be observed by the ruling Archduke and/or the High Judge.
  • If any member of the Town Guard is seen unjustly extorting his power, please report his/her actions to one of the offending member superiors. Swift punishments will be in place depending on the validity of the report and the extent of the event in question.
  • The Town Guard of Troll's Bane was founded to enforce the laws of Troll's Bane and to protect the citizens of Troll's Bane inside the borders of the town.
  • In situations of emergency or an investigation the citizens are asked to obey the word of the Town Guard. Hindering them in their duty or resisting their decisions is prohibited. Most of the Guards who are given this esteemed position are fully capable of using this authority in the realm of reason. If you wish to participate in protecting the town and its citizens, you can apply for the post of a guard.
    A direct attack on any of the guards results in a permanent ban!
  • In most instances, Guards are generally asked to wait for a trial before deciding on the fate of a apprehended criminal. However, if the life of a citizen or the life of a guard is in direct danger, a criminal tries to escape or major rules of Troll's Bane are violated, the standing guard has several options available to him/her:
    a.) A temporary ban may be imposed, to secure the town until the High Judge has spoken,
    b.) The guards have the right to attack and even kill a criminal who tries to resist against a ban and poses a direct danger to the safety of town.
Laws and Responsibilities

At this time the Laws of Trollsbane are posted under another section of the Towns wall.
  • • All members of the Town Guard, be they recruit or full Guards are responsible to keep peace within the town and aiding all of those in need.
    • A full member of the guard is responsible to see those not allowed within the towns walls are dealt with in a suitable fashion.
    • A full member of the guard is responsible to observe the recruits of the guard, monitoring their actions, and responding as they see fit.

• A recruit of the guard holds very little power to ban/imprison, and must seek a full guard to do these tasks. They may issue a simple ban of one dwarven day and are not given the privilege of holding a key to the Town Jail.
    • A recruit may draw arms in town if the need arises.

• A full guard may implement a ban of upto 10 dwarven days, to be advised and altered once the matter has been discussed.
    • A full guard has the right to command a recruit and call a recruit to his aid.

• The Guard is not a Militia; they hold no power or rank outside of the Town Limits unless called by a Noble.
    • The Guard is formed to aid Trollsbane, and holds no political stance
    • Members of the guard are to be respected as officials of Trollsbane, acting with the will of the Town’s Archduke.

Ranking system of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane:
  • The ranking system builds as follows:
    Captain of the Town Guard (Julius Rothman)
    (announced by the Archduke)

Lieutenant of the Town Guard
    (announced by the Captain. Deputy of the Captain)

Guard of the Town Guard
    (Recruits who have served a while and who have proven their loyalty shall be made Guards)

Recruit of the Town Guard
    (Recruited by members of the guard, though the Captain has the last word)

Pay per dwarven month:
  • Captain: 25 silver
    Lieutenant: 22 silver
    Guard: 20 silver
    Recruit: 10 silver
Irrelevant Bliss

Post by Irrelevant Bliss »

To the captain,
  • My name is Ian Lexington and I've taken interest in becoming one in the ranks of the Trollsbane Town Guard. If you wish a meeting I shall send you a dove of my earliest conveniences.
Ian Lexington
<<|[]|>>

The parchment is stamped beneath the name.
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

Please respect my decision and delete my name from your list.

~A.Y.R.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

Your name will be deleted when the following terms are met:
  • • A written apology to Lady Amaria for your actions with the lizard.
    • The bag full of coins that you never paid to the Town Guard and the robes that you were supposed to distribute to the guard is returned to me.
If you wish to debate any of the above notations, then a dove will find me. I'm unsure how the door was left open in the first place, but with new keys, I'll need to ask you to leave after your done reading this message. Ian Lexington has been added to the list of Recruits. Wish him luck in his chance to serve the town. Also, all guards and recruits who have been active the last month should meet with me to receive pay and the new keys.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

Then leave my name there, fool.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

The need was seen lately to pass this law in the best interest of the people Trolls Bane. It has been added with the laws but I wanted to put iher as well for all guard members now and in the future to be aware of.

II) J- Unnecessary Violence

* The use of Unnecessary Violence against any person, Citizen or Otherwise is completely and entirely forbidden.
* Unnecessary Violence is defined as the use of force for reasons other then preventing the escape of a criminal, suspect or person under question, Or the use of Violence in Defense of another Person, or one's self.
* It should be noted that any Guard who does not follow this law shall be suspended for a period of 3 dwarven days upon first offense, A suspension until re-education upon second offense, and an Indefinite suspension upon the third offense.

~Sir Roland Ross,
High Judge and Magistrate of Trollsbane~

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Troll's Bane Town Guard

Post by Troll's Bane Town Guard »

*No parchment left here*
Last edited by Troll's Bane Town Guard on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The Bounty placed on the Archduchess Joxia Doral and Verdazar is hereby Canceled.
Anyone who attempts to collect said bounty will face prosecution from the Government of Trollsbane.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Yousks makinks a wanted list that beinks a mockery of justice...Yousks unfit to beinks leadinks the town guard if yousks thinkinks that they havinks commited these crimesks.

Archduchess, and honourablesks Lady Joxia Doral beinks not a Temple membersks - It wouldsks be obvious if she were, not simplysks apparent to one none citizinks who fancying himselfsks a knight. The same standinks for Lord Verdazar, who havinks proved trustworthysks in the service of yousks town.

What reasonsks have two of the mostsks influential peoplesks in the island, to sink to such a petty crimesks as theft? I not thinkinks there beinks a reasonsks for such a think, and so logically it cannotsks have happened. These charges beinks spuriousks -it justsks beinks a pity that yousks would sink so low for revengesks, for Lady Doral takinks the positionsks yousks failed at, Julius. Shaman Grakir doubtinks yousks trustworthysksness either, employinks either Wolf or Dijronyma...

Clan Shaman Grakir
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

One should wonder why a no good shaman defends those people then.

~unsigned~
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

The spot where the parchment once hung is now empty.

Greetings,

As much as I find that a humorous attempt at comedy (The Captain doesn't even have that ability without consulting the word *treason*), anyone could easily distinguish my handwriting from the slobbed mess that this intruder posted. Considering I am the Town Guard Captain, my words are still followed. Because the gates have been locked lately, it had to be someone from the past guard who have those intentions.

Treason isn't taken lightly under my new leadership, so hopefully the one who wrote it is good at running long distances.

Signed,
Lord Rothman

((Perhaps a GM could disable the above account? It will only serve to cause confusion and my msn blasting my sound system with the distinct msn beeps.))
JonathanSmith

Post by JonathanSmith »

Something is written on the above parchment.

How can we be sure that this parchment is not a fake also?
Has the guard captain lost his seal?
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Julius Rothman has been arrested.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

A Lizard named Uaxgor has clouded a man named cleril outside the gate that leads to varshikar. he waas first provoked by a mere touch by the said victim and in an aggressive manner told the said victim he would kill him.
i told them both to go outside and settle it peacefully smething the said victim and lizard agreed to do. when the lizard won he was determined to kill cleril, and only after a long chase was i able to sway the lizard long enough for cleril to escape. then i after reporting to my commander i went outside only to find uaxgor had clouded cleril.

uaxgor is extremely aggressive, fanatic towards Zelphia, armed with two serinja swords and one orc battle axe and wearing a chain shirt. i was unable to put him in prison since i was alone when this happened and i do not have the key to the prison.

~Ram Grimskalle Man At Arms Grovestriders
Gummizelle

Post by Gummizelle »

Some people complained about a continuos yelling in the near of the jail.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Squee' has been arrested and sentenced to 25 dwarven years in Prison.

~Lord Roland Ross,
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

The lizard Uaxgor has been banned indefinitely from Trollsbane after he assaulted a dwarf, and resisted punishment until I had to use force to drive him from town. This banishment can only be lifted by the archdukess, high judge, captain of the guard, or myself. If he is seen in town, he is to be removed by any means, and be cautious, he is armed and dangerous.

Altrix,
Lieutenant of the Guard
Marshal of Southfields
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Lord Julius Rothman has sufficiently shown proof of his innocense and released from jail and back to duty as the captain of the Trolls Bane Town Guard.

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Thanks to Warlord Rogruk, Amadi Yusuf Randal has been arrested and is jailed awaiting trial.

Tlatloc

Post by Tlatloc »

Tlatloc flicks his tail disturbed as he reads the announcements of the human town's, Troll's Bane, town guard. Unrolling a small scroll of kelp fibre, he proceeds to ink out clearly the characters of Common with a seagull quill.

The scroll reads:

Peace and Purity drylanders!

I read that you are attacking two children of Zelphia, and it troubles my heart. For what accusations have you arrested and detained Squee'? Squee' has had a troubled history, but after being purified by Zelphia all have seen proof of Zelphia's holy transforming power. Uaxgor is known by all as a upright and devout child of Zelphia who does not hesitate to put his life on the line in Zelphia's defence. He would not raise a claw against anyone without a noble reason. What law has these two children of Zelphia broken? Through what legal process have they been determined guilty? Who was the judge that judged them, and what proof and witness did he rely upon?

Clearly, answers to these questions are not apparent. As neither are members of your hominid-dominated town, they do not fall under your jurisdiction. I, Tlatloc, on behalf of the Zelpirh of Zzyathis, implore you to return these two children of Zelphia to the Holy Land where they can be properly dealt with by Zelphia and the Zelpirh.

In the holy name of Zelphia,
Tlatloc Zelpirh, representing the Zelpirh of Zzyathis
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

You may meet with me in Trollsbane at any time you wish to discuss Squee'.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Julius

Post by Julius »

The parchment that once hung here seems to have been ripped from it's place.
Last edited by Julius on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I hereby revoke the above document due to the fact that my name has been unrightfully forged. I sent the contract for it's approval only. Being as it was approved I have not yet been able sign my name. Please do not add insult to injury, remove the contract and allow me to sign in my own hand, not that of anothers. Until that has been done, this contract is invalid.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Lord Rothman,

You have made grave error here by attatching Dantagons and my signatures to this document. I wish you to remove it from the board all together as soon as possible and we need to talk.

HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Dwerin a dwarf claiming he was from Goldburg threatened a citizen of Troll's Bane with death, Artimer Fault. He is charged with the following crimes and should be in jail as we speak.

Article I. Section D. Conspiracy to Commit a Crime
Article II. Section G. Threat and Duress

Witnesses: Kaila, Ogerawa, Joxia, Rogan, and myself.

He was arrested and awaits trial I will leave this to the judge to decide.

Zhambra with you all,
Baron of West Strand,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

*Jon returns to town after, untold numbers of weeks, he talks to some old friends of his, trys to figure out what is going on with the town now, and heads to the jailhouse. he looks at the boared and notices everybody himself included was removed from the ranks of the guard*

Dear Captain whomever,
I have been a guard for many months, and recently took a short break from the town returning to the mainland. I would now upon my return like to request my re-admittence into the guard's ranks. If neccesary you can send me a dove with a request to meet with me.

Squire Jonathan Cain,
Squire of the Knights of Gobaith,
(?)Former member of the town guard(?)
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Female human Fang was arrested and jailed. She made claim to killing Dellakim Thornbrey and the Bishop Aldan Vian. She was witnessed to attempt to kill Blake Thorn.

The dwarf Dwerin is to be released. Chester will deal with him and pay his fines.

Last edited by Joxia Doral on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Many apologies Archduchess, but there is an error on your last parchment...It is my duty to inform you, as Bishop of the West, that Aldan is not the Archbishop; the current Archbishop is Father Thyme. However, attacks like this must be prevented - I pray the Gods grant your town safety.

In Eldan's Name,
Expleti A. Carthusiana, Bishop of the West
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

My appologies to the Archbishop Thyme and any other members of the church...I have corrected the error, and will be certain it does not happen again.

Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I have never been attacked by Fang.

Aldan
~Bishop of Trolls Bane~
~A Wandering Druid~