Goldburg Refuge

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Olive

Goldburg Refuge

Post by Olive »

*as the hustle and bustle of the days events slowly winds down and the steady flow of refugees from trolls bane slows to atrickle as night falls, a large woman steps outside and Nails a large wooden sign near the door*

Welcome all refugees to Castle Goldburg. please excuse the dust as we remain the damage form a year of neglect.

In order tomake sure that nobody is lost in the shuffle or trampled on by those trying to profit from such dark times a few ground rules need to be put in place.

Rule #1
You may trade services for other services or resources, but no money may exchange hands. I will not tolerate any body trying to profit from this disaster.

Rule#2
We are all guests of goldburg. No external ranks will be given consideration while here. A few people WILL be put in charge of various tasks to make sure that things get done in a clear and efficient manner

Rule#3
No resources will be wasted on purpose. We are approaching what looks to be a harsh winter and will need everythgin we can get.

Rule #4
PLease no magic is to be used within the confines of goldburg as a sign of respect to the dwarves who still by law own the land. Magic in defense of ones self is permitted but please use such magics as portals outside.

Sir Dantagon Marescot is hereby put in charge of security. Please report to him if you can help with sentry and patrol duties

Artimer Fault is placed in charge of repair of Goldburg. Please go to him if you have any engineering or carpentry skills.

The Warlock Pellandria is placed in charge of the developement of live stock resources, including the hopeful construction of a stable within goldburg for pigs and mules.

Additional Lead jobs will be announced as people inquire about them. I encourage anybody who is displaced to come to Goldburg for refuge

Signed Ol'vash
Last edited by Olive on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Dan steps up and reads he note. He carefully scribbles off the note about the dwarves at the bottom and goes back to standing guard at the front gates.
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

I think we have to clear something up because of that.

Queen Friedwulfa Silverblade of Silverbrand
Barcus Brightbeard

goldburg

Post by Barcus Brightbeard »

***Swings his pickaxe then wipes his brow as he glances about hoping his efforts help to sway the evil tide that sweeps across the land****
Zzyathis

Post by Zzyathis »

A seagull wheels overhead. Finally, sighting the looming walls of Goldburg, it stops briefly to drop a scroll at the gates to the citadel of Goldburg.

The scroll is written in carefully inked out Common, and it reads:

Peace and purity drylanders,

After fruitful discussions between your leader Ol'vash, the warlock Pellandria and our representative Tlatloc Zelpirh, it has been decided with Zelphia's divined consent that the Holy Land of Zzyathis shall stand with you in your fight to reclaim your home the town Troll's Bane. While we faithful children of Zelphia seldom involve ourselves with the affairs of drylanders, we make an exception this time because the demons as embodiments of Pollution threaten the Purity of the whole island. We will fight this Pollution as we have always done for the sake of all living things of which Zelphia is the source of. Take heart and be of good hope because the zealous Temple Guards of the Holy Temple are with you!

Being aware of the lack of good farmland in the rocky area Goldburg is located in, the skilled fish hunters of Zzyathis, in a spirit of goodwill, have agreed to provide all refugees at Goldburg with the fresh ocean produce of Zzyathis. We make only this request of refugees from Troll's Bane: please respect the land and especially the waters, and do not contaminate the river that runs past Goldburg, for it is sacred to us, the faithful children of Zelphia. The Holy Land of Zzyathis is just to your East, and we hope that we will be good neighbors for as long as you stay!

In the holy name of Zelphia,
The Zelpirh of the Holy Land of Zzyathis
Zzyathis

Post by Zzyathis »

As the morning sun peeked over the horizon, the Lizardfolk could be seen diligently marching along the coastline and through the swamp in columns. Every lizard hefted a bulging waterproof bag filled with darting forms that twisted and turned in the seawater.

Finally the procession came to a halt before a waiting lizardman whose scales gleamed an unusual magenta in the dawnlight. The magenta scaled lizardman received his brethren with a cordial dip of his head while raising praying hands in a customary gesture of sincere reverence and goodwill. The bags of live salmon and trout were carefully placed in orderly rows before the looming battlements of Goldburg under the magenta scaled lizardman's guidance. When this was done, the Lizardfolk slipped off without a further word in the direction of the rising sun casting long shadows of flicking tails.

The first shipment of the ocean produce of Zzyathis had arrived at the citadel Goldburg.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

*Pauses to read the latest on the Goldburg board as she passes and frowns after reading the last quickly drawing a quill and parchment leaving a note*

Your offer of help is greatly appreciated though I fear you have spoken to the wrong persons where the interests of Trolls Bane are concerned. I am the Archduchess of Trolls Bane and would like to meet with you to discuss this. Please send me a dove of a time that is convenient for you.

~Archduchess Joxia Doral~
*is marked with her seal proving it is authentic*
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I once again like to remind those who did not yet grap it, the refugee of Goldburg is not Trollsbane, is not Trollsbane controlled and ~will~ not in any matter do what any "Noble" of Trollsbane says.

Everyone is welcomed in this refugee that the dwarves let us stay in and that is open to those who are willing to work to survive this hard time.

As the organizer of the refugee, Olive, currently is not on this island she will be replaced with Dantagon Marescot and myself, any diplomatic concerns shall be addressed towards us, as it is us who strive to keep everyone in this refugee alive, not some archdukess of a lost town.

~Pellandria~
Llama

Post by Llama »

Someone hurries up to the large notice board and sticks a note under it. The note reads:

Putting Pellandria in charge of pigs and mules is a good idea, she'll feel right at home.

There is no signature, and the writer was careful to disguise the handwriting
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

As much as I hate to agree, this is no time of political hassle. Dark times are upon us and sadly, the matters went out of our hands ever since the demons found the last artefact.

People of Gobiath, the time has come for us to look upon life and tell ourselves that shortly, the time might come when we might have to give it away. Hug your children, kiss your wife and prepare for what it worst, because no walls shall keep the demons away if they decide to attack.

Since the demons found the limitless power of the artefacts, we became mere bystanders, our fate is not our own to decide anymore. However, dispair has not it's place yet, hope still exists.
It is time we call upon the only ones capable of helping us, even though their chances grow slimmer every second. It is time we call upon the younger gods to turn their attention on us.

I shall come soon to Goldburg to see what else I can do. As much as I dislike leaving my studies, this matter is of greater importance.

Be safe,
~ Lord Avalyon el'Hattarr
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

CITIZENS OF TROLLS BANE

It now appears safe for everyone to return and we will cautiously try to live our lives once again from our homes at least. I urge everyone to stay cautious in case there is any remaining dangers until everything has been looked into thoroughly.

~Archduchess Joxia Doral~
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

Congratulations! I am happy to hear that your home is free again. I also heared that ashayen was the one who beated the demon. So as sign of our friendship i will spent 25 Silvercoins to you for the statue of Ashayen, which you surely are planning!
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

In all reality, isnt it strange that a demon that was able to uproot the town in a single visit, be slain by one person? These demon's, so ive heard are able to take any form. Could it not have just faked its death, to lure everyone into the town so that it could strike again? Something to be thought over...

-Unsigned-
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Even thougth one did not dare to writte his name on a parchment we should all think about the words of the unknown writter, the dwarves stood no chance against the demon, the forces of the Trollsbane stood no chance against the demon either and after all that a person like Ashayen, obviously someone with no experience either with war, demons or fighting, should have slain it?

I honestly doubt this and thus ask the dwarves to let us remain in Goldburg untill we can be sure that there is no danger left, it just smells too much of a trap, if we now come back and leave a save heaven, we will be open for an attack and with the winter upon us there will be no chance we could recover in any way from another attack, we should keep together untill the winter is over and we can be sure that there is nothing remaining in Trolls Bane.

~Pellandria~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

I too, ask that the Dwarves allow Pellandria to stay in Goldburg.
Furthermore, I specifically request that afterwards they lock the doors and throw they key away.

Of course, some of us were present as the demon was slain and thus are capable of doing more than mere guessing. Rest assured, that the demon was defeated in a very painful and concrete manner, much to the demon's surprise. While demons obviously are devious creatures, they are also known to be highly arrogant. No demon would humiliate himself in such manner in front of the mortals. While it's highly probable that in the future the island's peace shall once again be disturbed, this demon has been banished from our realm.

Naturally, the famed fighters and powerful mages of the island might have hard time swallowing the fact that it was not one of them who succeeded in saving the Town. However, to retain their credibility as the "experts" when it comes to dealing with such grave threats, they best recognize Ashayen's feat and give credit to where it's due.

-unsigned-
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

A short goblin passes by the board, black robes swirling omniously around him. He titters, seeing what he finds a hilarious message from the she-mage Pellandria.

The dwarfsks consortinks with demonsks...allyinks with them beinks like tinder allyinks with firesks, and yousks will gettinks burnt. The demon havinks been destroyedsks, acceptinks it - yousks beinks a weak mage, likesks yousks mind, failinks to see the truth out of self-conceitsks.

Clan Shaman Grakir

He grins as he pins a brief message onto it, before wandering off back towards the mountains, muttering to himself. "Soon Grakir...Soon it beinks judgementsks time for the dwarfsks, and we shallsks soak our bladesks in blood..."
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Pellandria wrote: I honestly doubt this and thus ask the dwarves to let us remain in Goldburg untill we can be sure that there is no danger left...

~Pellandria~
Go back to where ye came. The danger has passed and there's no reason for ye to stay anymore. This isn't your castle. Get out or I'll help ye out!

I'm locking the Gates in three dwarven days!

Sincerely and freshly returned from afar,
~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

The danger is not passed, Who can be sure? Sssari thinks Goldburg should stay open in case of another attack.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Sssari wrote:The danger is not passed, Who can be sure? Sssari thinks Goldburg should stay open in case of another attack.
I built that place, watched it grow, and still have authority by the Queen of Silverbrand to run it. You are guests here and it is time to move on.

Olive Feldarp allowed you into it illegally, not being a member of Goldburg anymore, and now that the danger has passed, I am asking everyone to leave within three dwarven days. I shall deal with Olive later.

I shall not hesitate to lock the Gates or even change the locks at that time.
Please leave peacefully, as Guests whose time has come to leave.

~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

Juniper Onyx wrote:
Sssari wrote:The danger is not passed, Who can be sure? Sssari thinks Goldburg should stay open in case of another attack.
I built that place, watched it grow, and still have authority by the Queen of Silverbrand to run it. You are guests here and it is time to move on.

Olive Feldarp allowed you into it illegally, not being a member of Goldburg anymore, and now that the danger has passed, I am asking everyone to leave within three dwarven days. I shall deal with Olive later.

I shall not hesitate to lock the Gates or even change the locks at that time.
Please leave peacefully, as Guests whose time has come to leave.

~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg

And who let it fall to shit?

We rebuilt it...we gave our time and resources there, and you will just kick us out into a uncertain fate? We must talk about this, form a deal. Lives are at stake here.

-Sssari
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I honestly wonder why you even care Chester, Silverrand didn't care for Goldburg, it was fallen half apart as we came in, we could easily gained entrance trougth the fallen apart cellar or trougth the gaps in the wall, rust and mold and webs covered the old halls of the fortress and now after years as the fortress finally saw the lgiht of day and life again you want us to leave?

We filled the gaps in the Walls, we cleaned the way to the mines, we even where collecting ressources and the money to revuild oreven expand the halls, before we could give them back to the dwarves, renewed and useable as a present of friendship that they took us in in thse hard times.

Speaking of hard times the danger has not passed away, I don't care what any unsigned writter say or some drunkard, who allready claimed to be the "supreme leader of Trollsbane", shouts in the streets of Trollsbane.

The queen allowed us to stay untill the danger is passed, after all this is still silverbrand land, and the danger has not passed, thus we stay.

~Pellandria~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Pellandria wrote: The queen allowed us to stay untill the danger is passed, after all this is still silverbrand land, and the danger has not passed, thus we stay.

~Pellandria~
Then ye deal with the consequences. The Gates get Locked now instead.

You are a very poor Guest indeed and ye pissed me off.

I warned ye!

~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg

PS - Thanks for the silvers Sssarri. Don't attack a dwarf in his own home next time.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

After meeting with Archduchess Doral, I have agreed to continue to keep the gates open for three dwarven days. After which, they will be closed.

A personal note to Ssarrii,
I apologize for the child. I didn't realize a child was in that bundle, for it didn't move until it was outside. I felt terrible, but I was quite angry at the time and a little 'insane' after being attacked by you in my own home. I apologize for that and beg forgiveness.

Sincerely,
~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

We are bad guest?

Let us recollect what happens, you abandoned Goldburg for months if not even years, noone obviously know where you are or what intentions you have with the fortress, thus te fortress and all its land go back to their owner, which would be the dwarves of Silverbrand, so currently Queen Friedwulfa.

Standing empy for so damm long it was also infested by drows and other creatures, a group of your so called ~bad guest~ freed most of the parts of goldburg as they heard from the investation.

Now after the Demon claimed Trolls Bane and obliterated Silverbrand we seeked refugee in an abadonned and nearly collapsing building, we cleared the halls under the fortress and even slayed beholder aswell as rotworms in Silverbrands ruins, we even replaced the walls and secured Goldburg.

So infact those bad guests might be one of the few reasons ~why~ the fortress still stands as it does and as you abandoned the building without replacing its leadership or atleast not replacing your claim as a "Lord" over Goldburg.

Friedwulfa needs to decide if she wants to send all those who still seek refugee withing goldburg out into their doom or not, because there is no proove that the demon is gone, unless now suddendly an unsigned writter would proove anything at all.

This said, maybe I should stop writting my name under this parchment, obviously this magicly makes everything I say true.

~Pellandria~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

*places a parchment on the wall of Goldburg*

All citizens who have taken refuge here are ask to leave within the next 3 dwarven days. the owner has returned and would like his place back. he means no ill will by this. But Bane is open again for all to return

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I was cowardy attacked last night by two Lizards (Ssarri and Poiuy) and two mages (Luc and Fayne?). I scared off the mages, but was overwhelmed by the numbers. Luckily I escaped underground and into Silverbrand. I have returned with troops.

This is the final time I shall be nice. I have been taken advantage of and my willingness to keep the Gates open has cost me. For my safety, and those of innocent dwarves here, the Gates are now locked.

If you awaken inside the castle, look for a dwarf, wait, send me a message or kiss yer arse and pray to a God. I'll not be 'ambushed' like that again!

As fer them cowards, watch out! I'll come to get ye in my own time fer the humiliation and disrespect ye showed. A Dwarf's wrath is long lasting and ye shall pay fer what ye tried to do to me and my hospitality!

Never again!

~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg
Larien.

Post by Larien. »

Lies flow so freely from your quill, Chester. This quarrel is with no other dwarf but you, for theft and for throwing a child out a window. You were asked nicely several times to return the belongings, and it was you that drew the first blade. Its strange how when you were smashed -through- a wall, you strangely disappeared....who is the coward here? Your "innocent dwarves" are in no danger, as the one with you was in no danger, nor was a strike made against him.

~unsigned~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

~A Gauntlet appears with the note~
Dear "unsigned",

Anytime you'd like to back up them lies o' yours, I'll meet ye anytime, anyplace. One on one on the field of Honor, I'll cut ye down like the scurvy dog ye are!

Put up, or shut up!

~Chester

P.S. - Poiuy is already jailed awaiting trial. Wanna join her?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Dear Chief,

Perhaps you should sit back and drop that quill of yours before a true opponent decides he wishes to step onto the "field of honor". Your actions these past few days, from accounts passed to me, show the entire isle that your not fit to lead the Goldburg settlement. However, your sweat built it and I respect that ownership. Though, throwing a baby out a window and claiming you thought a lifeless rock was bundled inside either gives meaning to the fabled term "dwarven idiocy" or you are the one that needs to back up your lies.

No harm will be done to the three that are free, for they acted in a manner that was more noble and fitting to proper behavior then yourself. If you wish to go against my words, Mister Dwarf, then I must say your claim of how far a dwarf's wraith goes can also be applied to the flame red temper of a Rothman.

Signed,
Lord Rothman