Annoucements and Decrees of the Town of Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Annoucements and Decrees of the Town of Trolls Bane

Post by Julius »

One may notice upon scanning their eyes over the board a large section of it clean from view. The only thing that remains above the empty space of past parchments is the large title posted above the spot. The parchments that were ripped down were rumored to have been stored in the archives of the local Library.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

Upon being ushered in as the new Archduke, I wish to express my gratitude to those who decided to vote me to such a esteemed position. Following on the ideals of Lord Cromwell, I will try my best to further the idea where he left off. Because of the nature of his reforms, many citizens look at them with much scorn. Because the citizens do make up the majority of the town, I'll do my best to help them both economically, enhance their rights, and protection. Throughout the next few days I shall indulge in several long meetings with leaders of the isle, citizens, and the noble council themselves.

As for now, I wish to sit two dates for the citizens and the nobles of our settlement. First being a noble council meeting to discuss the town ((This Saturday, 8:30 GMT)) and a Market Day to encourage trading between our citizens and economic growth. Stalls will be sit up around Trolls Bane and Trolls Bane citizens may sit up for free. A small fee will be asked of those who choose to sleep in another township every night. More information on this will be posted at a later date.

Also, many may have noticed some of the new positions that have come with my reign. The Magistrate is a rather familiar title from the old systems this town has seen throughout the years. This position represents the helm of the Judicial system and will oversee all appeals from the decision the judge makes, amend laws with the consent of the Archduke, and improve the activity of the system in whole. Also, two advisers were added to our Government to help us stay closer to the citizens of our town. Hopefully these two moves help the town prosper.

As for Archduke Cromwell's last move as leader of town, I must say the ideal was rather profound and great for not only the town but for the religious practice of this isle. To improve relations even further and give our citizens more rights within the church, Trolls Bane will incorporate more lands to the Archbishopric. The Cemetery and the land that he will build his Chapel on for the Isle's worship will become part of the Archbishop's authority. Also, he expresses wishes to build a small church in town for public and communal worship. We shall oblige these ideals and permit him to build in a empty spot in our town for our citizens to have a place to pray and worship closer to home.

Give me some time.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Julius

Post by Julius »

Contract of Molok wrote:The Contract between the Archduchy of Trolls Bane and the Settlement of Molok

Because of the threat of war and other issues involving the group that formerly attempted to rebuild Caelum, the Archduchy sees it fit to annex new land to the south of the town and bestow it upon this migrating group. They may do with it what they wish, becoming a vassal of the Archduchy. The leader of the settlement is allowed one vote in elections, but is not entitled to run for Governmental office. Though, Molok acts as vassal of Trolls Bane, they will in time be a separate town. Dual citizenship between the two towns will be up for debate, but we ask that citizens of Trolls Bane will be given free passage there.

If the Archduchy breeches any terms of the agreement or shows hostility or demands too much from the settlement, it is well in their right to secede. Both parties signify agreement and are bond by their signatures below.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Archduke of Trolls Bane

Signed,
F

Below the contract, there is a crudely drawn copy of the map with a noticeable addition.

Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

A note has been copied and pinned to the boards.
Lands of Trollsbane

The lands surrounding Trollsbane shall be divided into two districts and seven boroughs, each borough headed by its own Noble-title holder. Trollsbane itself shall remain as neutral ground, under the direct administration of his highness, the Archduke of Trollsbane and the Chancellor of Trollsbane. The archduke cannot give up territories or change the borders of the boroughs without the consent of the council of nobles.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

No borough borders are being changed, as it isn't one.

F
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

If you're unhappy with what someone is doing then pick up a sword stick or whatever you're able to use as a weapon and make him change his ways but don't waste your time copying things that do not even apply to the situation at hand.
Julius

Post by Julius »

A single large parchment or scroll is pinned firmly against the wall. One could easily make out the text from where they stand, no matter the height.
Julius

Post by Julius »

To the guard,

Liam Heneghan is hereby banned from Trolls Bane for a indefinite period of time for attempted kidnap and murder against the Countess Fayne Furnir. He is wanted alive and for questioning, however, he has shown in the past that he tends to run the second a guard becomes aware of his presence so use force if necessary. Direct any questions about the matter towards Lady Furnir who is currently recovering from the wounds caused by his assault.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Reverend Father Liam Heneghan is a High Priest of the Church of Gobaith, and as such enjoys the protection of the Church. If he has commited some sin, surely the Church shall deal with reprimanding him and bringing him to repentence - I hardly see how jail time would profit the fruits of the spirit. Considering it is so close to Malas, the month of his God Malachin, I believe it would be fitting to postpone your hunt as I feel that the Gods would not bless such an act against their followers at this time; atleast, not from secular authorities. If these attacks did indeed take place against Countess Furnir, then surely justice shall be swift: the Church will see to that.

In Eldan's name,

Expleti A. Carthusiana
Julius

Post by Julius »

To Expleti Carthusiana,

Since when is questioning considered jail time? Liam Heneghan attacked a noble of this town. Quite frankly, I won't sit idle and give him amnesty of any crime because he is a "high priest" of the Church. I believe Father Thyme and I have a rather close relationship and can discuss these types of things in confidence. Liam was given a second chance with the Church and I'm almost even more certain that upon hearing of this event, Father Thyme will give all rights and his fate over to the Town Guard.

If Father Thyme wishes to discuss this matter, he may send me a dove or meet me in person. All further questions, concerns, or suggestions on the matter can be given either to my inferiors or Lady Furnir herself.

Thank you,
Lord Rothman
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

No one, Not matter what the reason should ever be excused for attacking a citizen in the territory of Trollsbane. Lord Rothman has the support of Southfields in this matter, So long as Liam Heneghan is given a fair trail.

~Lord Roland Ross,
High Judge of Trollsbane,
Baron of Southfields~
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Lord Ross, Do you really believe that this tyrant will allow me such a luxury?
Then, and only then, you are a fool. But I know you as a highly intelligent and honourable man so truly I do not believe that I will have to class you such... Who am I to class anyone anyway? Surely a "criminals" opinion does not count.

I tell you all, citizens and nobles alike: That man that you know as Archduke is simply eliminating as much opposition as possible to ultimately declare himself king.
Call me insane, call me a lunatic. Call me anything you want. I know I am right, and as the gods have told: This is not their will. Neither is it the will of the people. A king? With absolute power? Why would anyone want that?

I am not the first one to see right trough the Rothman façade, their lust for power and wealth. Many others did before me. You must ask: Then why have not people done anything about it? I can answer it for you, honourable people of Gobaith. Most are afraid of the consequences. Or they think that "We are not enough". No, there are many who thinks like that.

I have no desire to hurt or kill either Rothman or anyone in his government, nor the people of Trollsbane. All I want is peace. With a good system working system, offering welfare and security for everyone. Not only nobles. Not only for the peasants. I want a social order where both working and ruling class can live side by side, and truly be heard and not being lied to by some puppet master and his regime. Is this too much to ask for?

I beg to you, citizens and nobles alike.. Try to understand.. Why would I want to hurt my ex-fiancée? She gave me a perfect reason for splitting up which I accept.

I beg to you, citizens and nobles alike.. Why would I want to harm my own home town and my own people, which I hold so dear? I ask anyone to step up and tell me if I ever did a bad job for the town when I worked as Cromwell's chancellor.

No, I shall not make any further statements in public about any matter concerning Trollsbane. I made my point, and if you feel urged to ask me questions or call me a cowardly dog, send me a dove.

And for the Archduke. Please take away my name form the citizens list, if you have not already done so in your folly.

Signed,
Liam Heneghan, a visionary.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Lord Rothman,

You have the support of the Church of Gobaith in this matter as well.

We do not harbor criminals, nor wish to be seen as doing so. We have no "Sanctuary" yet. Liam is a citizen of Trollsbane, and as such is to be judged by TrollsBane law, which supercedes Church Law. We shall happily provide 'character witnesses' to a trial if it is needed.

His status within the church is another matter. We shall assume "Innocence" until our "Ecclestiastical Court" can question his activities itself and present it's verdict.

Father Heneghan has been attacked by personal issues of late, and may have some defense for these charges. Please consider any evidence in a fair trial, and not just gossip. There is far too much of that.

~Father Thyme
Archbishop of TrollsBane
Elder of the "Church of Gobaith"
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Liam is the priest of the knighthood. I do not know what happened, nor why, but I would really like an explination of what happened conserning my members. I really hope the accusation of murder is not true as Fayne is a good woman and there are worse people who I would wish such an event on.

Dan
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I believe he meant attempted murder considering he said that she was recovering...

Jon
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

If you fear that I will do a bad job at any supposed trial that may be held for you then I do not take it as an insult to myself, but to the regime I've hired to oversee a fair and balanced judicial system. If you feel that they do not represent such a thing, then we can easily have someone secure a trusted and neutral judge for any trial. Lord Ross is the man that would be leading your trial.. so I believe you just called him incompetent of his position and not only a fool. I'd recommend you stop insulting those clearly above you, but then again, I'm a Rothman swine.

The second issue you bring up strikes me as rather odd. You claim that Rothmans are hated yet one could declare himself King? I know as well as you do that not only would I be stabbed and killed from every side of the isle, but not only that, the Town of Trolls Bane would not support me. I think if anything, no one has to go to bed fearing that their town becomes a Kingdom and that a Rothman wears it's crown. As a matter of a fact, if I declare myself King I promise you that you will be released from Jail. As for elimination of threats to get this position.. you've tried rather hard for the last few months to destroy myself and were sought after because of High treason against Cromwell. Who seems like the eliminator between you and I? If you read your next paragraph, the elimination of Rothmans is also intertwined within your words.

As for your third scandalous paragraph, I must say that anyone standing around the board as I read that knew when my eyes traced over that part of the parchment. I couldn't help but laugh. Aye, the Rothmans do have a history of loving wealth and fame and aye there are a lot of us. But one thing startles me. Through your twisted words and broken quill, you can make out the killing of Rothmans by "doing something." Is this the same thing that went through your mind as you killed others of my family?

You contradict yourself fairly obviously in your next essay full of ill put together words. You claim you wish for someone to take a stand against Rothmans and "do something," yet you wish no harm? I'm in awe at how such a deed will be achieved. Then you go even further to contradict your old ideals of when you helped Archduke Cromwell create the current system. You were there from day one. At no time did you lift your fallen tongue and ask for a social order. You seemed rather complacent with your new Chancellor title and Countly affairs. Also, it seems to me that now that your out of the Government you wish to win back the people's views and declare yourself whatever you wish to be. I think that attacking and tying a well respected woman, not only among the nobles, but the citizens themselves doesn't help your cause.

And I do too beg these citizens to look past their blind hate of Rothmans and see that.. you would kill your former fiancee or lover. My sister was killed by your same hand, yet, I've not laid a finger on you since that day. There has been many times when I've been so close to you I could smell your stench and yet, I showed remorse and the ability to hold myself back from snatching from you your life. Do you think it would be easier for me to kill you during these times then to have a public trial? You attacked a noble of Trolls Bane, tis only your fault that your going to be hunted.

I've almost been married several times. Each time, they always gave a good excuse.. my over exercise with the fairer sex mostly. Did that make me feel any better? Nay, it did not. Using "she gave me a good excuse and I accepted it," arguments are futile. As for your last statement.. aye, I do clearly remember a few.

*Below these words hang a single wanted poster with the name Liam Heneghan strewn across the top, signed by Lord Cromwell.*

Clearly you did enough something *bad* to become an outlaw. And please, do as you said you would. Don't come straddling back into town to place more writings upon a wall that doesn't need it.

As for my wording on the wanted parchment. Liam Heneghan is wanted for Attempted Kidnap and Attempted Murder. Excuse my rushed and unsteady hand.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Julius

Post by Julius »

A single small contract is pinned near the other two, highlighted by the bold title at the very top.
Contract of Stoneridge wrote:The Contract between the Archduchy of Trolls Bane and the Knighthood of Gobaith

In order to keep relations neutral with Silverbrand and to continue friendly relations with the Knighthood, we've decided to return the Knights the land that was rightfully there own in the first place. Hopefully, through this move and more peaceful relations between the three groups we'll be able to secure a firm and steady position among our now close neighbors.

The castle called Stoneridge in the pass connecting Trolls Bane to Silverbrand shall be solely territory of the Knighthood of Gobaith. The keep and the pass shall be under no authority to the town of Trolls Bane. The pass shall be deemed neutral with safe passage given by the Knighthood of Gobaith. If a group were to attempt a takeover of the castle, in order to preserve the contract, it shall be the duty of Trolls Bane to help the Knighthood protect or retake the castle in order to ensure safe passage through the pass.

If the Archduchy breeches any terms of the agreement or shows hostility towards the Knighthood, it is well in their right to terminate the contract altogether and keep their land. Both parties signify agreement and are bound by their signatures below.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Archduke of Trolls Bane

Signed,
Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

To date, Mr. Rothman has done a commendable job, I don't see where the complaint is.

F
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

This parchment carries the Wax and seal of the town guard

ATTENTION TROLLSBANE
The Wanted man, Liam, Has been Arrested and detained within the jail's lowest floors. A trial Awaits him when the Judge decides a time. Untill then, Please stay away from the Jail House. All guards are to care for him untill his court is done and over with.

Taylor Windslasher
Captain of the Guard
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The Trial of Liam shall place on The Fifth of Malas at 21:00 (( December 27, 23:00gmt )) The following people are requested to attend:

Countess Fayne Furnir and any Witness she wishes to invite,
Captain Taylor Windslasher and any Guard he wishes to attend,
Liam Heneghan, and any Witness he wishes to attend, Provided they are willing to be searched for any weapons prior to the Trial.

The following Lords are also asked to attend to help pass judgement:

Baron Eli Travinus, Or someone who represents him,
Countess Joxia Doral, Or someone who represents her

Any questions may be sent by dove to,

~Lord Roland Ross,
Count of Southfields~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The man known as Lingerhoe is hereby banished from Trollsbane indefinitely for the following reasons:

I) Inciting Violence against orcs,
II) Disturbance,
III) High Treason, Planning to overthrow the Government of Trollsbane,
IV) Belonging to a rebel group intending to overthrow the Government of Trollsbane

He shall no longer be protected from our laws so long as his banishment remains.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Count of Southfields~
Julius

Post by Julius »

Trolls Bane Market Day

The Archduchy is delighted to finally announce the official time and date of the Market day that was promised. It has been a long time since the town has been blessed with the economic event such as this, and hopefully not only will it make our citizens happy, but their pockets full and their bullies warm. All Trolls Bane Citizens are allowed to oversee a booth for free. In order to pay for concessions and other costs, sign up fees will be 2 silvers for any person who are apart of another town. Entry to the event is free to all.

Due to many outside forces causing trouble and ruckus these days, Town Guards will be posted and be on duty to protect our ability to have smooth transactions. Because of the large nature of such a event, entertainment will be paid for and be present for the market day. All bards or traveling entertainers should try their best to send a dove to a leading official with their bid to play or entertain at the event. Of course, compensation for these services will be issued.

No weapons are allowed in town during this day unless used by a Town Guard or those given permission. Strict fines will be in place for those who attempt to conceal or refuse to put away their weapons. There are no restrictions on what you may or may not sell. However, all weapons should be hidden unless someone is interested in purchasing them. Once purchased, it will the Guard's job to escort that person to his depot to deposit the weapon.

The official date of the event will be ((January 5th, I'm looking at 2-3 hour event. For those who want to attend, send me a pm with what times are best for you.)). Hopefully, no distractions will take place and everyone will have a good time.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The Lizard known as Squee is hereby banished from Trollsbane indefinitely for the following reasons:

I) Inciting Violence,
II) Giving false information to the Authorities,
III) Disturbance,
IV) Conspiracy to commit Arson,
V) Defamation,
VI) Treason.

He shall no longer be protected from our laws so long as his banishment remains. Further more, His citizenship is hereby revoked.

A bounty of 5 silver is hereby issued for his capture.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Count of Southfields~
squee

Post by squee »

Roland's note is scribbled and on top of it a new note is there.

Lizard Squee's ban is lifted, and Altrix has to give Squee's armor and helmet back because i have already lifted those charges.

The signature looks like it's forged

~Lord Roland Ross,
Count of Southfields~
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

The bounty on Squee' has been fulfilled and the reward pocketed by myself.

- Blake
Julius

Post by Julius »

A single contract is pinned near the others, highlighted by the large letters above it.
Contract of Grovestrider wrote:It comes a time to re-orchestrate the deal previously made with the group known as the Grovestriders. Most of the ideals and customs of the contract below mirror that of the old agreement made under Lord Cromwell's rule.

Pay will not change. Mercenaries deemed "First Rate" will continue to be given 20 silver coins monthly if they are employed. The "Second rate" troops will be continue to be paid half that sum. The status of "Most Preferred Employer" will still stand, meaning that while the Grovestriders are allowed to take other jobs, these cannot interfere with their duties that are issued from Trolls Bane.

Grovestrider troops will only be authorized by leading officials in the Grovestriders, the current Archduke (Lord Rothman), Captain of the Guard (Taylor Windslasher), and Chancellor (Ayla To'lorn). The Archduke or someone who is given the duty pays the group a large lump sum monthly to be distributed among the active members. Any keys, equipment, or other items bestowed upon their members are to be given back at the termination of this Contract.

The Grovestrider's focus is mainly on aiding the Town Guard in the protection of the town, though any number of duties within reason will be given unto them if deemed necessary.

Both parties signify agreement and are bond by their signatures below.

Signed,
Lord Rothman

Signed,
Commander Joxia Doral
Julius

Post by Julius »

Another contract now seems to exist near the others.
Contract of Slave Trade wrote:The Contract between the Archduchy of Trolls Bane and the Central Gobaith Slave Company

In order to ensure that habitual criminals do not continue to live their way of life, the Archduchy sees it fit to make a contract with the group known as the Central Gobaith Slave Co.

This contract guarantees this group the right to sell slaves in Trolls Bane and re-educate criminals who are deemed worthy of this distinguished program. Through our judicial system, criminals who are given the privilege of joining this group will be installed into this program and given the right of hard labor to pay off their past crimes and ill fated deeds. Should these laborers escape, it will be the Guard and allies' job to track them down and bring them back to the company.

The Town benefits from the town more then just re-educating criminals and creating a overall more peaceful environment. Because of there ability to sell slaves in our realm, depending on the extent of the criminals crimes, the Archduchy shall receive percentages of the money paid for their services.

The Archduke has senior authority to oversee or interrogate any criminal enrolled in the program. All orcs that are not criminals will not be in the company. Also, beating of slaves in Town Borders is strictly forbidden.

Both parties signify agreement and are bound by their signatures below.

Signed,
Lord Rothman

Signed,
Jebediah Thurimarg Daerwick

Signed,
Waybur Corwinkle Daerwick
Last edited by Julius on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Wolf has been captured.

Signed,
Lord Rothman