The Archduchy of Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings citizens,

Other then the events that will explained further down in the parchment, the meeting was a relative success. We were able to speak about many of the topics needed during the time we had together and although the numbers at the start weren't nearly as large as I originally wanted them to be, I was genuinely pleased with those who were present.

Ever since Lord Cromwell made the new reforms, many citizens and people of this isle have been rather displeased with the format and secretive structure it presents. Though I am unable to change the system in it's entirety, I can change it so the citizens can at least think that they are getting something by being apart of the Town. Because of this, I've decided to put in place an Electoral College. With this, citizens are now urged to join boroughs for their chance to vote. By joining these boroughs you are given the right to vote for a candidate that is nominated from the nobles.

With this vote, whoever tallies the most citizen or electoral votes from every borough together will be given three votes, the maximum any noble can currently vote. Hopefully this move proves beneficial not only to the citizens of this town, but also to to the nobles who find it hard to get citizens to join their respective boroughs.

Secondly, a bill of impeachment was put in the place with the following guidelines:
  • Shall an Archduke declare himself King, he places himself in a position to be impeached.
  • Should an Archduke decide to go to war with any other faction, guild, or town without prior consent of the council, it is possible that he may be impeached.
  • Should the Archduke be caught in any third party organization that harms his ability to lead the town, he will be asked to choose. If he declines too, he may also be impeached.
  • Should the Archduke decide he wishes to dissolve the council without prior consent, he shall not only be impeached, but convicted of High Treason.
Also, we've decided to keep the old traditional town laws for the time being in favor of writing a completely different list. With time these laws will be changed once more, should new ideas and new quills force it this way. Speaking of the town law and guard, the Noble council has voted in favor of Taylor Windslasher, former Guard Captain under Stephen Rothman, of being our Captain. However, that does not mean that Amadi and I are not on good terms. I have a interesting proposition for him should he wish to meet me in person.

Because events pertaining to the aftermath of the noble meeting, the elven man named Wolf is hereby branded an outlaw and is at the full jurisdiction of the law. He is wanted alive for a pubic execution. If you manage to kill him yourself, I'd get a good basket weaver so you can send me his limbs for a nice reward. Because of this high security situation (two attacks on a noble or governmental member in as many days) Ayla To'lorn will be temporarily suspended from her position as Chancellor effective immediately.

I shall take over her duties until we find that this threat has ceased or as mentioned earlier, died away. She may meet with me in person, but it's strongly urged that she stick to non main roads and if she does visit the peaceful haven of our town, she does not wander off randomly as she did today. All Governmental members or nobles should be on high alert. Trolls Bane does not succumb to ransom or death threats but that doesn't mean we have to tolerate them either.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

*A hooded figure may be spotted approaching the town board and leaving a note.*

The question is, can you kill me before i burn your town to the ground?

I hope your unelected slaver is good enough, trollsbane.

~Wolf
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

The Archbishopric of TrollsBane is not affiliated with any other Group, Church or organization and is entirely for the benefit of the City of TrollsBane. Only Gods approved by the people of TrollsBane are admitted into the Archbishopric. The Laws of TrollsBane apply.

The Archbishopric of TrollsBane is hereby appointing several "Bishops" to serve as recruiters, Ritual facilitators and general managers in conjunction with my duties as Archbishop of TrollsBane. These three will assist me and rotate as the next "Archbishop" in election for 1 year terms as required in the Terms of Office. 1 year is sufficient for anyone to hold office.

Bishop of the West - Bishop Anthony Caruthusiana (Eldan)
He shall manage the Eldan Monastary, recruit members, Maintain a Library, Care for Guests and conduct Worship & Births.

Bishop of TrollsBane - Bishop Aldan Vian (Eldan)
He shall manage the New Communal Church, recruit members, Befriend and assist TrollsBane and conduct Worship & marraiges.

Bishop of the East - Vacant
He shall manage the Cemetary, Carve Tombstones, recruit members and conduct funerals.

I am also looking for a 'suitable' Bishop of the East. We will also be looking for Monks (TB West) and Priests (TB+TB East) to serve for the City of TrollsBane.

In humble thanks,
~Archbishop Thyme of Trollsbane
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings,
  • Those are some excellent choices, Father Thyme. I can tell you thought out the process of picking the very best possible men to secure and heighten the advancement of the Archbishopy.
  • Due to the extremely positive nature of the last noble meeting, I would like to have another in the near future to discuss further matters involving the town. Please send me a dove to discuss what time is best suited for your lifestyles, hopefully we can have everyone in attendance to get a better consensus on what we envision for the future of our fair city.
  • Wimbur Seemil Tavarius, a gnome scholar sent here by the Gnome Council in Shri-Ann-Assiri has been accepted by our town as our Official overseer of Scholarly activities. He is skilled in architecture, engineering, and has deep roots in art. He is currently working on many written materials and projects to be given to our growing library. Hopefully, he will serve the town well.
  • Also, all guards, especially Captain Windslasher should arrange a meeting, if not universal meeting with myself. We need to discuss pay, the jail and any other matters that concern this now confused section of our defensive force. Amadi Yusuf Randal is also urged to speak to me in a private setting to discuss other matters.
Signed,
Lord Rothman
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

It seems it's time once again to glance over the walls of Trolls Bane and see another threat of war. This displeases me for war, as I should know, is never good. Leading a revolution to ensure rights of the same citizens that you are going to kill to get freedom is not a honorable deed, tis a crime that shall be dealt with accordingly. I do not wish war nor am I licking my lips over the thought of strapping on my breastplate to kill fools who wish my death. I will try my best diplomatically to secure our Town as a peaceful haven once more. If they wish to go the route of a thieves and bandits, attacking the same citizens that they wish to give freedom, then we shall meet them with swords drawn.

In fact, I must say that it is rather odd that the citizens and others alike never lifted their tongue in defense of the old system under Lord Cromwell. Under me, I've been scrutinized for map I never made, land that has stood for years, and reforms that I hardly shaped. I like to believe that I have done a rather fine job as the Archduke and I'll continue to do so until the next elections. Under me, citizens have gained back freedoms that they never thought possible under Lord Cromwell, yet my administration is the one that is suddenly going to be attacked? I'm rather amused at how far one would go to remove a Rothman from power. We shall crush these pillars to the ground.

At first, they accused me of becoming a King. When they read over the board and found that I made an impeachment bill myself that keeps me from declaring Trolls Bane a monarchy they came up with other lies. I'm beginning to believe that they are more mad that I'm doing a good job then they are that a Rothman is Archduke.

I believe it's the best time as ever to detail the Electoral College more closely.
  • Citizens that are apart of Boroughs may now vote.
  • Votes are tallied by the leader of the Borough and made public, a neutral member of the Town will be assigned to either Borough to ensure the correct total of votes from either Borough.
  • At the end of the voting period, the votes will be tallied together and the member of the nobles who garners the most citizenry votes will gain 3 electoral votes in the elections. These votes count just the same as any noble's votes.

• Structures will be repaired soon. ((When Lennier gets back from vacation.))
  • Anyone with information on the "Pillars of Democracy" will be handsomely rewarded.
  • Because of these trying times, Ayla To'lorn has been reinstated as Chancellor.
  • Also, the guard meeting was postponed. Another one is due in short time.
  • I also seek council with the following people: The settlement of Molok, Caelum, Seregon, and Lord Cromwell.
Signed,
Lord Rothman
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Julius,

Please deal with the bandits and the orcs before you worry over parchments over the walls of Bane. These pillars only threaten your goverment, the bandits threaten your people, and the orcs are upset over the loss of a brother. Choose carefully who you deal with first.

Dan
The Pillars of Democracy

Post by The Pillars of Democracy »

Dear "Archduke" Julius Rothman,

What is the count of citizens in each borough rather than the main? (for example, the borough that holds the most citizens.) We will not cease to attack your governmental position until we reach a full democracy.

Thank you, m'lord.

- The Pillars of Democracy
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,
  • Due to the level of activity of our nobles and the large time frame between our last council meeting and the upcoming come, a new one has been scheduled. It shall be held on ((Sunday, January 6th at 20:30 GMT)). Topics discussed at the meeting will be made known at a later point in time.
  • Also, tis just a reminder to citizens of the Market day one dwarven day before the Council meeting. Hopefully, all will attend.
  • The Town Guard meeting shall also be made official. Hopefully everyone can meet ((Wednesday 31st, 20:30 GMT is usually when I'm around.)). Many topics have been put off for far too long.
  • Joram Thal has joined our town as a citizen.
Signed,
Lord Rothman
Tuatha De Oldrann

I am appointing Father Milamber as the Bishop of the East. He has shown competence and a desire to become more involved in trollsbane spirituality.

We shall also be rotating the position of Archbishop according to seniority for 1 year terms starting the 1st of Elos of the new year.

Archbishop Thyme -> Bishop Carusthiana -> Bishop Vian -> Bishop Milamber -> ???

This will lead to non-corruption and open sharing of power according to our tenets. The outgoing Archbishops shall assume positions as simple Priests or Monks for TrollsBane.

~Archbishop Thyme
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I would like to make everyone aware, that it seems Gil has taken to his new job quite nicely. He and two other men arrived when hardly anyone else was around, and were headed to attack a woman who had been injured the day before. I, knowing that if they got to her, she would die, attacked them before they could attack her. They will pretend to be speaking the old language and run. It is a ploy. They use poison weapons.

So, be careful.

Artimer.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

Below, some more announcements of the town have been posted.
  • Due to overwhelming consensus, another judicial position and it's suitor has been named. Daelyn Mitore has been given the position as Judge. He will work with the other two judicial staff members to create a more just and fair system.
  • Because of the recent sprouting of trees throughout our town, I've deemed it necessary to create another position to deal with this natural problem. Aldan Vian has been granted the position of Forester of Trolls Bane. His job includes: keeping the town clear of unneeded trees, reporting those who do plant a high number of trees in town, and generally keeping the gardens of our town presentable.
  • Also, because of other issues, it's best that the town makes some sort of peace with our surrounding neighbors. Meetings and exchanging of doves have taken place over the past few days with several groups upon the isle. Hopefully, these actions will bear some sort of improvement for our citizens.
  • The official Market day has been postponed to the dwarven week following this one. ((I uh.. forgot the playoffs were on.))
Signed,
Lord Rothman
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,
  • As many may have noticed, the Archduchy has made a deal with the Central Gobaith Slavery Company. This move shall hopefully bring much needed help to our economy and peace to our streets. Criminals who are deemed worthy of joining this program instead of serving jail time will be placed into a system that teaches them manners and crafts that their parents neglected to.

Through hard labor and repayment to our town through sweat, these criminals will one day be released once more to the general public. However, this option won't be available to notorious or infamous criminals. Auctions will be held annually to sell off these now educated men and women and a percentage of the proceeds from these auctions will go to the Archduchy. Much confusion may arise with this new deal, however it's still a crime for anyone to be captured in town and forced into slavery.
  • From now on, holders of the Archbishop title will be given a vote (1) in the council meetings over matters that deal directly with the Archbishopy. Religious council on all other matters is strongly appreciated.
Signed,
Lord Rothman
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

Julius wrote:Greetings,
  • As many may have noticed, the Archduchy has made a deal with the Central Gobaith Slavery Company. This move shall hopefully bring much needed help to our economy and peace to our streets. Criminals who are deemed worthy of joining this program instead of serving jail time will be placed into a system that teaches them manners and crafts that their parents neglected to.

Through hard labor and repayment to our town through sweat, these criminals will one day be released once more to the general public. However, this option won't be available to notorious or infamous criminals. Auctions will be held annually to sell off these now educated men and women and a percentage of the proceeds from these auctions will go to the Archduchy. Much confusion may arise with this new deal, however it's still a crime for anyone to be captured in town and forced into slavery.
And that, will be the end of this dictatorial Arch duchy.

Stand to arms Rothman.

Fighters for Freedom
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Evan Ross wrote:Attention:

The Borough Of Southfields is looking to recruit three or four able-bodied people.
We are looking for:
One miner/smith,
One lumberjack/carpenter,
Two people skilled in combat.
Applications are opened to everyone, Although current citizens (or people willing to become citizens) of Trollsbane well be given priority.
Applications are free-form, and should be submitted by Dove.
Applicant's may or may not be awarded land in the Borough depending on the quality of their skills.

~Sir Roland Ross,
High Judge of Trollsbane,
First Count of Southfields~
I would like to apply for the position of Miner/Smith. I am quite skilled and can make salkamaerian and albarian armors already, as well as mine 'very' well.

I am known in Trollsbane and have just become a citizen there. I am seeking a local Lord to serve who will give protection, pay a small room and a smithy at their Manor House.

Please send me a dove with pay, benefits and conditions.

Yours,
~Bernie Bottoms
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,
  • Wimbur Seemil Tavarius has been stripped of his title as the Scholar for crimes against the town. Through my generosity, he will simply be banned from the town for a indefinite period of time.
  • Due to the high number of people wishing to join our Town, the citizen list has been updated to show these changes. Hopefully, these people will not be the only ones that approach me wishing to become a citizen of this town. On another note, tis a reminder to citizens that more benefits are offered to you if you are to join a respective Borough.
  • The Execution for the Outlaw known as Wolf is scheduled for one dwarven day from now ((19:30 GMT, Wednesday)). Tomatoes will hopefully be sold and the deed shall be done in the main court yard of Trolls Bane.
  • A reminder to those citizens and nobles of the interesting events we have planned in the upcoming days. The Market Day ((Saturday, the 10th 18:30 GMT - 21:30 GMT hopefully.)). The noble council meeting will be held the following day at ((20:30 GMT, Sunday the 11th)).
  • Because of the controversy of the Slavery Deal, some amendments have been made to the contract. Those changes can be seen on the most recent contract pinned against the wall.
Signed,
Lord Rothman
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A man who goes by the name Syrio is hereby banished from Trollsbane for an indefinite amount of time for assault. He is described as a tall man with darker skin and a waxed mustache, He is no longer protected by our laws.

~Lord Roland Ross,
High Judge of Trollsbane~
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

Because of my actions, I hereby step down as Archduke of Trolls Bane.

Thank you,
Lord Rothman
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Because of your actions, you should step down as a noble. You are unfit to bear the title. Step down graceful or be removed by vote forcefully.

~unsigned~
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

My actions were firm, just, and right. I do not step down because I think I did wrong, I step down because three nobles told me to do so. If they want blood, they can find another Archduke that can give them hatred and death. Me on the other hand, tend to show my enemies mercy. If you find that wrong, then you yourself, are nothing but a savage and probably shouldn't be even discussing the criteria it takes to be a noble.

As for the future of the town, I shall continue to work towards the betterment of our city and surrounding estates. All ideals that I had made for the future of the town shall be passed onto the next Archduke and his/her administration. The Town Treasury and keys, along with the oath shall be given upon the elected figure's victory. I am sorry if my failure to bring swift death to an enemy caused any of you harm.

Thank you,
Lord Rothman
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The ban against Syrio is hereby lifted, Apparently it was all a misunderstanding.

~Lord Roland Ross,
High Judge of Trollsbane~
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

To the people of Troll's Bane,

I leave but a short note to declare that to ensure Troll's Bane does not go
without guidance in this resignation of the Archduke, I hereby take over
the Archduke's duties until a new head is placed in the seat by election of
the Council. Do take note that I momentarily do not hold access to the
likes of the town treasury, so I ask the Guards to hold off a short while
on payment. I ask forgiveness for whatever inconvenience this may
cause.

~ Ayla To'lorn
Tuatha De Oldrann

As Archbishop, I am unbiased who will be the next Archduke, however, it seems that expediency is needed.

Orcs are harassing innocents, Flooding still has roads closed, and the Marketday was a failure.

Julius has been absent, and Ayla is now acting as Archduke. Neither of which has said anything, but personally, I would like to encourage all nobles to attend the planned Nobles Meeting tomorrow at the Seahorse. ((Sunday 20:30 GMT))

We have need to discuss nominations, and discuss who is to be the next Archduke so some of these issues may begin to be addressed.

I would love to see everyone (or their proxy) there and will help moderate the meeting if Ayla cannot attend. I have high hopes of blessing the next Archduke at the end of the meeting.

Thank you,
~Archbishop Justin Thyme
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

*A bald man eyeballs the board for a bit before putting up a note*

I'd like to run for Archduke..

Signed
Liam Heneghan

Rightful count of Oakwoodshire and Archduke of Trollsbane.