The Province of Caelum

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Caecilianus Cathari

The Province of Caelum

Post by Caecilianus Cathari »

People of Gobaith,

A group of old friends, family, and citizens have take it under their arms to look over the Land of Caelum. As of now, we are still planning and reconstructing the ruins of what history has left. We are still surveying the land and accounting our treasury. Laws will soon be discussed by our group, if any wish to add input, questions or to join us, you can contact Fooser or I.

As of now, our citizen list and positions are in the works, we will get these and laws posted as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience and interest.

Signed,
Brer Beothach
Fooser
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Greetings,

A number of fine people have come together to make sure this land does not go into disrepair and disuse. Our first order of business will be to make sure that all damages get repaired quickly. From there, improvements will be made. Caelum will function as a home for those who do not have one, or do not wish to live elsewhere, and we hope to be a positive influence on the island. Founding members will have precedence in terms of giving input on this project. If you are interested in helping, please contact any of us. Hopefully, the repair cost will be calculated soon.

Founding Members
Fooser - Governor
Brer Beothach - Diplomat
Seregon -
Ashleigh Ennis -

Members / People Involved:
Ashleigh Ennis
Ayla To'lorn
Bernie
Boindil
Brer Beothach
Fooser
Julius
Seregon

A meeting will hopefully be set up soon.

F
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Meeting

By the end of this week ((Saturday 3pm EST)), there will be a meeting inside the ruins of Caelum for current members and those interested.

F
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Feel free to repair all you like but there'll be no claiming of the land. How you managed to change the locks I don't know but this won't be taken lightly.

I would be willing to appoint someone in charge of Caelum but I'd want decisions run through me.

~W.E~
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

You seem to have had trouble when decisions ran through you and the wall collapsed. Must I mention that you did literally nothing when the Baron of Albar decided to make your land his home? Fooser's claim is rather authentic and he holds past Governmental leadership experience. I think no one has to worry about their home caving in because of poor management when he's in control of Caelum. For you to come back and show your face and demand any type of leadership of a place that you failed to lead is beyond me. I'm sure there is a citizen slot that they'd gladly offer you.

The note attached to the wall is unsigned.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

For me to come back and show my face and tell people that they can't claim the 40 gold's worth of buildings that were built by only Dominic and myself? I'd be willing to entrust Caelum to Seregon. I would've allowed Fooser, but when I come back and see Ayla To'lorn and Boindil on the citizen list and the locks are changed even though not even a month ago Fooser sent a dove to me regarding something else and knew I was contactable, did not consult me at all, this does not seem a wise decision.

For someone to put themselves in charge of land that people spent 6 years building is beyond me. I may be preoccupied of late, but it's been less than 2 months since I've been gone, and you're already claiming my property. Sometimes you can't be around all the time, and if I'd been away for about a YEAR than this would be acceptable, not on a short absence. This isn't Troll's Bane and it doesn't need constant decision making, you can see that by our boards. Somehow Gobaith coped without someone leading Caelum for the ENTIRE HISTORY of it, so why would someone need to claim it now? Oh yes, because it's prebuilt for you and there's no effort required to take it, just a simple "This is now mine, I'm rebuilding it, I've changed the locks". That isn't how it works.

Don't make me take what I've earnt back by force, because I will. It's not like I'd mind harming these people anyway without another reason.

~W.E~
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Sir, to be honest, if you and dominic built it alone, then you have no claim to it in the first place. You two alone couldn't handle this. Not to mention that you were so busy that you didn't care that this important place of yours was overtaken by Albarians and then A demon.
-Unsigned.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yes, I've been away for a while, I'm sure you've been away for a while before too, I don't claim your things.

And I don't DESERVE to have what I've built? That's absolutely ridiculous.

And next time write your names. How cowardly, those who steal your hard earned property then won't even write such a small thing as a name. Pathetic.

~W.E~
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

I'll be aiding my former master reclaim what was once his if such proves necessary.

- Blake
Caecilianus Cathari

No mention of me William! I've cried three times today!

Brer Beothach
Diplomat of Caelum
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

LifeWonder wrote:I'll be aiding my former master reclaim what was once his if such proves necessary.

- Blake
Noone cares what you do.

~Unsigned.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Sundo Raca wrote:
LifeWonder wrote:I'll be aiding my former master reclaim what was once his if such proves necessary.

- Blake
Noone cares what you do.

~Unsigned.
I'm sure a few would like to heed the warning.

But thank you for taking the time to quote and comment on my announcement. I appreciate it, love.

- Blake
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

William Elderberry has spoken. He has my support on this. Better clear out before I get there.

~ Lord Avalyon el'Hattarr
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

William Elderberry is right in this case.
I will support him if he needs support to get his lands back.
~A.Y.R.
Joxia Doral

Caelum

Post by Joxia Doral »

I too support William in this...sometimes something unforeseen causes someone to be away. They should not loose what is theirs in this short of an absence.

High Lady Joxia Doral
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

I support William in this. Anybody found in Caelum will be killed. Immediately.

~Dominic
Matron

Post by Matron »

All Janitors are with you, William.

Magnus
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Someone claims their land, and it only takes the horde three entire weeks to realize this and respond .. I can see this land is in good hands. Quite comical that no one complained about "taking what is theirs" when the builder promised to downsize the place, if not outright take it down completely. You spent 40 gold, now you will spend much more, if there's anything left when you get back.

F
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

The point is that I was away on holiday for a while, then I came back and Caelum was in ruins about a week after I left. Having spent all my money on it in the first place, it's not as if I have enough money to put it back together again already, is it?

Every guild except Grey Rose, Trollsbane, Silverbrand and possibly Nordmark have been inactive at some time or another. Caelum didn't exist for the entire history of Gobaith and noone felt the need to populate other towns that were inactive, but now after a tiny period of being busy, EVERYONE is claiming this piece of land that NOONE cared about up till this point. When it was just a manor for several years, noone tried to take it. It was even more inactive, but noone tried to do anything to it, because it wasn't worth claiming. Now that we've built something worth having, everybody's trying to get a piece of the action. I'd rather have it degrade than fall into your hands. If you want to govern a town, go and build one yourself instead of freeloading, the whole lot of you, as you always have done and always will do.

~W.E~
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

From what i can see mister Elderberry, the problem is not that it is inactive now. The problem is that it has never really been 'active' apart from perhaps a short period during its creation. It has none of the history of the other towns, and is more an arrogant mage's playground, only existing as a prop to his ego.

You may of course choose to keep caelum for this purpose, but dont be at all surprised when others try to take over something of '40 gold coins worth' and despite what a few people claim here.. relatively undefended.

~Gregory Hardcast
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Trust me, if you aren't willing to budge, it won't be so much "well defended" as "utterly uninhabitable".

And of course it doesn't have the history, it's only just been founded. However, it probably has more history than the other towns did when they were founded. For instance, when we conquered Trollsbane. The fact that we've been around for so much longer than the plans from other settlements gives us a much deeper history than you'd think.

Of course, you wouldn't know any of the history of Caelum so far, or the original, secretive Caelum Union for that matter. The alliance with Greenbriar and Hellbriar for County Briar, the conspiracy to overthrow Rothman, the mutiny and civil strife, rigged elections and war, because as far as I'm concerned, you've been on this isle barely more than a week.

~W.E~
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

Please dont bother with the 'ive been on the island longer than you' crap. You seem to believe im talking down to you, when all im doing is offering you a warning and piece of advice. I dont like the idea of people's belongings being taken any more than you, im simply telling you not to be surprised if due to the rare appearances you or any of your 'citizens' make on the isle.

Perhaps, if you love caelum so much, you should live in it?

~Gregory Hardcast
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I don't need your advice, I know what's happening to Caelum, but I can't fix something when I spent all my money making it in the first place, and I can't MAKE it be more active; that's up to the citizens. That doesn't mean I'll break my morals and let any old stranger in just to fill up the slots, though.

I assure you, whenever I was around, I went to Caelum every night.

I happen to be preoccupied nowadays in general, but when I'm around I am ONLY in Caelum.

~W.E~
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I believe this can all be traced back to when we removed the demon who killed all the Albarian forces who were occupying Caelum for a, um... dwarven month? And yet... No one complained about the current possessors of Caelum.

After we all cleared out I looked around and noticed that the place was falling apart. It could only be asume in my mind that either the Albarian's seiged the place, or the place was not being used and had not been used for a while. So, I asked that A) people help me bury the dead soldiers and B) that the owners come forward and claim the land WITH a list of members for the building master or we can figure out what else to do with the land since there is no reason to allow a good amount of land to simply go to waste.

So all in all this is partially my fault for saying that no one is using the place it seems, someone show up and take responcibility for a place which is falling apart. Ultimately, you and the rest of your friends seem to have shown up a dwarven week too late. Now being that this is all a missunderstanding with merely the best interest for the crumbling buildings, which, if you stayed away longer than this, would have deteriorated even more if not for someone coming in with the will to repair them.

Instead of threatening their lives just because you disappeared for a while. Thank them for attempting to save what was left of your crumbling home and work with them to restore the place. If you want the place back I will help both sides diplomatically (which I expect to be yelled at for even offering my help), not violently. If this is the thanks people get for attempting to save Caelum, next time the place is taken over by Albarian's or whomever, I'll see to it the place is burned with any other dead bodies inside instead of burrying all of them.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Caecilianus Cathari

The simple fact is this, if you want genius you go with us. If you want...well somethin else then you decide.

I'm for genius!

Brer Beothach
Diplomat of Caelum
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

There's a difference between saving and stealing.

~W.E~
Caecilianus Cathari

This could be easily debated on all terms.

Brer Beothach
Diplomat of Caelum
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

Bloody Dantagon and t'Knighthood... I'll have your head on a post... midget.

Signed

An exasperated mercenary
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Half dozen to one, six to the other, William. In their mind they saved a land which deteriorating buildings. You come back and see this, and in your mind they are stealing your land. In the end it is rather irrelevant. One sides has something another thinks belongs to them and the other side things they gained the place fair and square. You can either shed blood and kill a goup of innocent people who probably are little more than harmless, or you can play nice and work something out with them. They had but good intention on their mind when they claimed the place after no one spoke up about actually owning the place.

Besides, if you are to kill anyone for taking that land it may as well be Seregon. He claimed he would do the exact same thing as you are claiming now, and yet he did little more than shrug when Fooser and co took over the place. Seems like an internal matter to me.

Dan
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The builder was pretty precise about the future prospects. It is also evident that the alternative individual(s) no longer meet the standards that he requires:
Lennier wrote:Dear people,

Whatever you decide, it need my agreement. Keep it in your mind.

Furthermore i do not want to repeat me hundrets of times. But Caelum is no town.

Whoever is not possible to make a difference between a town like Trolls Bane and the agglomeration of some buildings, owned by a single dead guild, i do not know what i should think about such person. Propably, that he must be an uneducated child.

Caelum is a ruin. It will breaks with time more and more. Whoever will try to built it up has to stay with following conditions:

- a guild with at least 4 members, which all are only in this guild and no other, inspecial the leaders.

- the guild has no other buildings or need to leave existing ones.

- permission of the neighbours. In this case Greenbriar. However, make contracts, threat them.

- active support of a town, in mean to be an ally or outpost of this town, so that help will be supported.

And of course Caelum is a bit oversized currently. Propably a rework is neccessary. That depands on the next owners, in case that the old ones do not return.

~Lorian MacGintish~

F