The Province of Caelum

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

"..in the case the old ones do not return."

Old ones have returned. Good to see the Knights of Gobaith as their usual neutral selves, trying to justify the theft of land which has actual owners. The irony. Well, we all knew that the knighthood is all about talking the talk but not walking the walk. Who cares how many albarian thugs you killed, if you're a bunch of amoral thugs yourselves?

-Unsigned-
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

..that do not meet his criteria.

-Unsigned
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

The land was not stolen to begin with. It was abandoned and reclaimed. Now, if the original owners want the land back a good dwarven week or two after it was taken, well, then they can do that. They should have spoken up and did what the building master has requested, or at least do so now instead of threatening those who are taking care of the land with death.

I will gladly help the original owners get their land back IF they do not go in and slaughter everyone who took over the land in their absence. Now if they have a list of members who are part of this guild, town, group of buildings or so on, and the building master agrees, then we can argue who owns the land. Til then, shedding blood will just mean the land will go back into decay because the building master will not send men to repair it so long as he doesn't believe people are using it.

But this isn't my problem it seems. People complain if I do something, people complain if I don't. This is only my council and as always, I expect that it won't be listened to.

Dan
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Wasn't abandoned. Did we put up a sign saying "Deserted"? Do you think a person such as me wouldn't make it completely clear if I were to be leaving something? Do I seem the type to do things quietly?

And also, do I seem the type who would abandon what I've worked on for nearly 3 dwarven years?

No, there will be no argument over who owns the land. I have the deed to the land, as signed by the mayor of Greenbriar, which clearly states that this will not expire so long as the criteria is full, and it is. It also states that the land is only belonging to Caelum so long as William Elderberry is in charge of someone he has appointed.

Fooser isn't appointed. Therefore, basically you're either stealing this land off me, or you're stealing this off Greenbriar; but considering I'm still here that would be the former. Regardless of what you say, the fact that you killed a few things that are no more than fleas to us, and then stuck your flag in the ground doesn't make it yours. If it worked like this, I'd currently own Greenbriar and Varshikar.

The house in Trollsbane that is owned by Silas Farron has been uninhabited for about a dwarven year probably. Do you claim this is abandoned and needs new owners? What about zzyathis, that has a nice gatehouse, shall we give that away too?

As I stated before, we are back, the land is still ours, and we are willing to shed blood. The fact that you failed in the elections doesn't justify you taking my land, and Caelum will never be the Bane you want to rule. Go back and try and make a good impression on your future voters again, rather than appearing as soon as an opportunity arises, then maybe you'll finally get what you want.

~W.E~
Caecilianus Cathari

Post by Caecilianus Cathari »

Actually, the answer to those questions is "Yes".

Brer Beothach
Diplomat of Caelum
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Oh personal attacks, I guess you're running out of justifications already. You didn't put up a deserted sign, but the man who worked on your buildings did, and frankly I care a lot more about his word than anyone elses. And yes, if a building is uninhabited for a year, new ownership should be sought. Especially in Trolls Bane of all places. As for the lizard land, a number of them are actually here and willing to take care of it from what I've heard. You on the other hand claim you aren't around to take care of things, yet here you are pinning your notes up. Your 40 gold goes to waste if you lose the land, your 40 gold goes to waste if you keep the land, I believe that makes you a certified loser.

F
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Hail Fooser, Lord of Caelum

-Unsigned
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Wildeberry havinks Grakir's supportsks...

~Unsigned
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Dantagon wrote:Besides, if you are to kill anyone for taking that land it may as well be Seregon. He claimed he would do the exact same thing as you are claiming now, and yet he did little more than shrug when Fooser and co took over the place. Seems like an internal matter to me.

Incorrect. I did not take the land, I have always been a member of Caelum ever since it was first built, this is why William has not even spoken against me. I agreed with Fooser and co that they will help maintain the place, that's the only reason I let them in, but if William wants to reclaim his land I will have no objections to helping him, for he was the respectful founder and let me in the first place.

Maybe the reason you were so pissed before at my first statements of living in Caelum was because you did not know I have always lived there? Interesting.

-Seregon
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Fooser wrote:Oh personal attacks, I guess you're running out of justifications already. You didn't put up a deserted sign, but the man who worked on your buildings did, and frankly I care a lot more about his word than anyone elses. And yes, if a building is uninhabited for a year, new ownership should be sought. Especially in Trolls Bane of all places. As for the lizard land, a number of them are actually here and willing to take care of it from what I've heard. You on the other hand claim you aren't around to take care of things, yet here you are pinning your notes up. Your 40 gold goes to waste if you lose the land, your 40 gold goes to waste if you keep the land, I believe that makes you a certified loser.

F
Oh wow, my builder says it's yours. Oh, that makes all the difference then. You know, the person who I hired to build the stuff.. who doesn't own any of the property or the deeds or have any right to give it out.

The fact that it has the potential to be used supposedly better than I can use it doesn't give you the right to claim it and use it in that way.

And by the way, Dantagon, I forgot to mention, Caelum was never "abandoned". Abandoned means it was left, and noone would ever return. It is very much NOT abandoned, it is simply used less frequency than one would hope.

And if I'm a loser, then sure, let me be a loser, but I'd be a fool to give it away to you too, and I guess being a fool and a loser would aptly enough make me a Fooser, which I'm not prepared to be.

Again, as I stated, if you think you could use the land better, congratulations, most of the isle is unclaimed. Go and build something somewhere else. For such a great leader, it should prove no problem to build an even better place for your needs, no?

~W.E~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

And by the way, we didn't change your locks. You really have no idea what's going on do you?

F
Caecilianus Cathari

Such superb wit!

Brer Beothach
Diplomat of Caelum
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

Just take over the Knight's of Gobiath castle when Dantagon leaves for a few moments...

C.R
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Aye, at least they won't have the strength to take it back.

-Unsigned
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

This bickering is pointless. Calm your quills. Your arguing is that of children in the training ring. I do not see what the problem is. Sure you built the encampment, But it was also in the clause from the builder that should your care of the encampment should go foul, The owner forfiets all rights. This is in the clause of your agreement with the builder. Since You, nor any of your men wished to place the time and effort into keeping up your beloved encampment in your absence, This is not the Credii's fault. It is yours.

You should be proud that men wished to keep your dream of this world, and not forgotten under the sands of time, William. Keeping your encampment, and still calling it what you named it, Shows honor to you. Simply look at how many times the Castle of the Knights has changed names. Your narrow point of view is obvious. And your temper even more profound.

Should you try to take it by force, you will show your arrogance, and inability to work with those wishing to help. I have yet to see a list of your members that works into the clause your builder laid out to build your encampment. Doing such may gain you acceptance, However, you insist on arguing with men who have paid their dues to the builder, and have complied with his clauses. I will take no side in this battle. And encourage all who are not involved directly with the Town to step back. This is not a battle, merely a territorial issue. Keep your weapons sheathed. Otherwise others will be forced to act.

T.W.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

It's on the real Caelum board.

And no, that wasn't in the clause. In the clause was that it would be our own fault if our walls crumbled due to inactivity, but not that other people could claim our land. He cannot give that away, because we have the deed to the land. He can only say what happens to the structures he built, and considering they're in our territory, noone can access them.

And yes, I assumed that when I checked the locks that it was your doing but I've been informed that it was the Albarian. Your pardon for this particular blaming.

Fooser, I don't care how much you write your witty one liners here, you can't have it. End of. In all seriousness, if you want a settlement, build one yourself. Nordmark did. It's not too much to ask that you don't take ours without permission when we intend to return, no?

And also, Windslasher, go home. Of course I'm angry, wouldn't you be? And don't give me that bull about how you'd be calm and rational; you can pretend all your like but you wouldn't know reason if it bit you in the face.

~W.E~

p.s. Care to tell me who these truly terrifying "others" are?
Christopher..Rigden

Mister T.W please continue to describe these other forces in much detail... my curiosity is perked... you seem to act in a calm and content manner yet...

"Others will be forced to act" ... this may be seen as a threat from yourself towards the said W.E. I do concur... continue this statement as W.E has asked for.

Officer C.R

P.S If you don't know already... a threat is usually an agressive statement which involves violence and perchance even the unsheathing of weaponry.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

A piece of parchment that was pinned to the board before is pinned over Williams Reply
Dear people,

Whatever you decide, it need my agreement. Keep it in your mind.

Furthermore i do not want to repeat me hundrets of times. But Caelum is no town.

Whoever is not possible to make a difference between a town like Trolls Bane and the agglomeration of some buildings, owned by a single dead guild, i do not know what i should think about such person. Propably, that he must be an uneducated child.

Caelum is a ruin. It will breaks with time more and more. Whoever will try to built it up has to stay with following conditions:

- a guild with at least 4 members, which all are only in this guild and no other, inspecial the leaders.

- the guild has no other buildings or need to leave existing ones.

- permission of the neighbours. In this case Greenbriar. However, make contracts, threat them.

- active support of a town, in mean to be an ally or outpost of this town, so that help will be supported.

And of course Caelum is a bit oversized currently. Propably a rework is neccessary. That depands on the next owners, in case that the old ones do not return.

~Lorian MacGintish~
A small piece of parchment is placed next to the above piece

William,
perhaps your anger blinds you. read, and understand what this letter from your builder writes.

As for me. Three years in the wild of the mainland can change one William. Becoming closer to malachin has calmed my anger. Though not completely, It has calmed.

T.W.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Personally,
I want no part of this battle. I only joined to help keep the ruins from crumbling and make a home there. This isn't what I signed up for.

Screw this crap, I'd rather go to Greenbriar and deal with those friggin farmers!

Take my name off the "Province of Caelum" member list please.

Later ye sick fools!
~Bernie
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

You have my support Mr. W.E.

Aldan Vian
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Yah know, I was only trying to give a few words of advice. You don't have to attack me over it. Fine. Deal with your own damned problem. I won't get involved either way.

Dan
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

He retreatinks after he seeinks he can'tsks steal the land...That beinks the Knightsks of Gobaith for yousks: Stealink, then they beinks found outsks, then they run off with their tailsks between their legs. Figuratively speakinks of coursesks...

Reverend Father Grakir, Shaman of the Father
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Taylor wrote:That depands on the next owners, in case that the old ones do not return.
Taylor,
Perhaps your conviction blinds you. Read, and understand what this letter from my builder writes.

Old ones. Check.

Returned. Check.

Guess that's settled.

~W.E~
Riniao Teries

Post by Riniao Teries »

Elderberry,

then you can pay me and dozens of other warriors for fighting on Caelums ground and save it from the evil which was there.

You became inactive, it was your fault that they were able to settle there.

I want a compensation.

Riniao Teries
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

For what? You actually broke the laws by going there, evil or no evil. I'm sure your contribution was of no real value, and it's not as if we couldn't have solved it ourself given the chance.

You were a fool to stick your nose in, and an even larger fool to expect a reward.

~W.E~
Riniao Teries

Post by Riniao Teries »

*Riniao comes to the board and writes angrily ASSHOLE over the ~W.E~*
Caecilianus Cathari

Hmm, old ones implies more than one.

Brer Beothach
Diplomat of Caelum
Christopher..Rigden

Riniao Teries wrote:*Riniao comes to the board and writes angrily ASSHOLE over the ~W.E~*
Watch yourself fetcher... If you knew Mr W.E you'd know he'd be able to sort out his own problems...

Officer C.R
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Christopher..Rigden wrote:
Riniao Teries wrote:*Riniao comes to the board and writes angrily ASSHOLE over the ~W.E~*
Watch yourself fetcher... If you knew Mr W.E you'd know he'd be able to sort out his own problems...

Officer C.R
If Mr W.E could sort out his problems he would rid himself of a head and bury himself.

~Unsigned.
Llama

Post by Llama »

"...And as the host departs from his house, the rats and the cockroaches scurry over the floors..."

~K.Tao~