In the ruins of Caleum

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Dantagon Marescot

In the ruins of Caleum

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

A messanger is sent to the outlying towns. There he places a message upon the boards for all to see.

Citizen's of Gobaith,

An army has marched this day to the walls of Caleum to remove the threat of the remaining Albarian army. Upon entry we found our work had been done for us. The courtyard was littered with dead bodies. Not long after we found outselves fighting demons which were soon slain.

The once closed off town of Caelum now remains filled with the dead of the Albarians. Soon the bodies will rot, spreading maggots and the smell of decaying flesh. Also the walls of Caelum will crumble with no one tending to the town. I currently request help with laying the dead to rest so that the sent is not spread to the outlying towns by the wind. Please bring shovels and priests so that the dead may be laid to rest properly.

Also, being as Caelum is now abandoned and the former citizens have left the area I wish to know what it to become of the town. Thus far I have not heard of any member of Caelum wanting their town back, nor did any of them help free it. Therefore I suggest that the town be given to the church so that may have a home, a library, and a place to hold mass. That is, unless the people of Caelum come to me in mass with a list of towns people who will take care of the town.

Let me know your suggestions, and please... someone help me lay all these men to rest, else we may as well just burn the place.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

Caelum's fate shouldn't be in someone's hands that never thought too highly of them. You act as though you own it because you assembled at a bridge and took down a weak force of what.. under 50 men?

The message is left unsigned.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

No, sir. The albarians were dead. There was a demon that stood there instead.. and he was more powerful than most would believe.

Please, respect the work and sacrifices of the dead.
-Artimer.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

on the lower part ot the parchment somebody added:
i think, the land should be given back to the former owners, the halflings.
to replace a lair of mages with a lair full of heretics would be nonsense.
there is no signature
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Givinks Caelum to the Church! Then Grakir can havinks its...We wouldsks have use the North and Southsks of the Briar to worshipsks the Father!

Good ideasks, Marescot.

Reverend Father Grakir, Shaman of the Father
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

I agree with Grakir on giving it to the church, but not to him personally.

Liam Heneghan
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

I say give it to me, and rename it Kazzxsstan!

~Taliss
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Lets lay the dead to rest before we go any further, yes?
-Artimer
Dantagon Marescot

Behind the ruins one may hear the movement of armor and the digging of the earth. There Dan can be seen making a makeshift grave for at least one man of the Albarian's. The hero, Haneus.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Dear people,

Whatever you decide, it need my agreement. Keep it in your mind.

Furthermore i do not want to repeat me hundrets of times. But Caelum is no town.

Whoever is not possible to make a difference between a town like Trolls Bane and the agglomeration of some buildings, owned by a single dead guild, i do not know what i should think about such person. Propably, that he must be an uneducated child.

Caelum is a ruin. It will breaks with time more and more. Whoever will try to built it up has to stay with following conditions:

- a guild with at least 4 members, which all are only in this guild and no other, inspecial the leaders.

- the guild has no other buildings or need to leave existing ones.

- permission of the neighbours. In this case Greenbriar. However, make contracts, threat them.

- active support of a town, in mean to be an ally or outpost of this town, so that help will be supported.

And of course Caelum is a bit oversized currently. Propably a rework is neccessary. That depands on the next owners, in case that the old ones do not return.

~Lorian MacGintish~
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

As I stated earlier at the battleground, I am currently living in the ruins of Caelum, I am a citizen of Caelum and so no one will get this town without my permission.

Any intruders trying to claim the land will suffer.

-Seregon
Dantagon Marescot

Are there more than one of you living there? Because if there isn't, then the place will surely start to fall apart. I do not remember you stating such thing, nor did you stay after all the fighting to help clean up all the dead bodies. Are you really part of the town or guild, what ever this place is. If so, please provide the building master with proof, else you may want to think about passing the ruins off to a goup (I don't care who) to help take care of it. As far as the building master knows, no one lives there.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I reside there often as it is a peaceful deserted place, as i stated, i live in the "ruins" of caelum, meaning i do not give a crap if the place is falling apart, i still sleep there and meditate there as if it were my home.

I do not clean up dead bodies there because they would have provided me energy for my necromancy. I do not need to provide the building master with proof, because I am not building, I am living here. I do not wish for intruders so leave the ruins and me alone and get on with your lives instead of trying to claim more and more things through greed.

-Seregon
Dantagon Marescot

Now listen here. Don't you get spiteful with me. I was only trying to be consiterate and make sure that Caelum didn't just fall apart. I wanted to make sure that an owner for the place still existed or will exist. Theoretically, just because you call it your home, does not mean you have a right to be there. I am not going to kick you out, nor do I care to kick you out, but you do not have to be rude to everyone or disrespectful to those who are only trying to be helpful. Sit in your gods damned ruins and leave the rest of us alone! If anyone else wants to take the ruins from you, then I most certainly don't give a damn what happens to the place.

Dan

P.S. I cleaned up the mess. If you want corpses, you can dig them up yourself.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I'm a big, bad, magic user. Fear me, or die.

F
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Dear friends,

We will happily come to assist to bury the dead and clear corpses. For this we ask no payment, it is our pleasure.

We also appreciate the sentiment for a Home for the Church, however, Caelum is too far away, and too ruined as a Home. Perhaps it should return to Greenbriar as a stronghold for their defense. We will happily donate some materials to Greenbriar to modify Caelum as a Halfling stronghold.

The Church will not own property in vain. We have plans for a Grand Cathedral in time. Even though we can, we cannot jump on the first open Building we see for no purpose. Any buildings we own before the Cathedral will be temporary, until another more suitable Guild can own it.

Thank you, but Caelum, yea all of Briar should belong to the Halflings.

~Elder Father Justin Nickov Thyme
Church of Gobaith
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I do not want any tears on this parchment Dantagon, please clean up your mess aswell. Feel lucky that i haven't shouted at you for even removing the bodies.

-Seregon
Dantagon Marescot

I think Caelum looks nice the way it is. The bodies were buried inorder to stop the spread of disease from their rotting. We consitered burning the place at first, but I decided to be nice make sure Caelum would be in the right hands. The bodies are buried to the north of town. They deserved to be laid to rest properly. If you wish to defile them past that, that is your choice, but I shall have no part in it. Do not bother to argue with me past this parchment. It will be in vain.

Dan
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

You'll be happy to know that Caelum is now under new ownership, so you need not mess your underwear up further.

-Seregon