Dead of Night

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ayla

Dead of Night

Post by Ayla »

(( ... Open RP, feel free to reply. I'm bored, I just ask for sensible responses, nothing foolish. ))

It had to be around midnight at best, from the way that the full moon stood vibrantly near the center of the stretching navy blue sky. Midnight, and the only sounds that lingered for more than a fleeting moment were the everlasting breezes that caused the grass and leaves to rustle about. In the distance, the snap of a banner could be heard from the battlements it stood upon. Accompanying the breeze was the occasional trill of a cricket or crunch of stones beneath a distantly passing footstep. It was a silent and solitary place, where she sat in comfort.

Completely solitary... So was the figure of the familiar elfess rested with her back against the old naldor tree nudged up to the river by the eastern gates. With the black cloak shrouding her slender shoulders, the hood pulled back from her silvery hair, she gave the image of a peaceful and relaxed moment. Her eyes turned up to the skies, taking in the star-scattered view as the shadow of freshly-bloomed leaves played over the moonlight that starkly contrasted her facial features. Though from a distance peaceful, it was those features that belied the relaxation she tried to play off. Her brows were subtly furrowed and her lips, which normally bore some sort of ghostly smile, were turned down into a mild frown. She had pulled her knees up near her chest and allowed her arms to wander about them as she took in the shadowed surroundings before her. And without a fire to warm her as the nights were still cold, she trembled ever so slightly from beneath the cloak that fell about her on the ground.

It had been a long day, an equally long night. And alas, Ayla found herself once more unable to rest peacefully upon the single bed she called her own. Sighing softly as a cool breeze teased a lock of hair out of her face, she leaned her head back upon the naldor. It had become so lonely and boring on this island, she caught herself thinking. For her, there wasn't much left to keep her wandering at bay. She had found herself many times considering the idea of slipping off to the mainlands again, just to see what there was to see. Letting a sadistic grin flick over her lips fleetingly, Ayla muttered softly to herself.

"What am I thinking..?"

To escape again would to be a mistake... Again. Though where she stood, Ayla entertained herself with the thought that it couldn't get much worse. Chaos had insued, in her life. No longer a revered Knight, if ever she were. No longer trusted by her own friends, much less the general populace. A chuckle slipped from the elfess' lips, hardly humorous and lacking any real emotion as she let her eyes drift closed against the breeze. Who was she anymore?

Grimacing, Ayla opened her eyes once more and rocked forward. Dragging herself up from the ground to full height with a reluctant sigh, the elfess placed a thin-gloved hand upon the smooth bark of the naldor she had leaned upon. No one seemed to be coming around to entertain her any time soon, there was no point sitting around outside. Rolling her shoulders back, her left one creating a loud popping sound as the joint slid back into place, Ayla stepped forward with a fleeting wince. Casting a look about her once more, the elfess shook her head and stepped in the direction of the eastern gate, a slender hand coming up to drag the hood of her cloak over her head.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

She closed her Depot at Eliza's and nodded farewell to Eliza and walked outside of the shop. Silently the tall elfess moved through Trolls Bane. Her dark coat floating around her body, hiding most of her figure. The hood of her coat was pulled down into her face, to hide it from the cold of the night.

The way she moved, should be wellknown by her friends and people who know her, though for others she just looks like a stranger, like no one to take care about.

With a silent sigh she stopped walking at the well, and looked through out over the market place. Remembering the old time at the campfire with her friends.

"The good old times.... how do i miss them" After another look around she straightens herself and walks towards the gate.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Julius turned his wrist to the left quickly as he locked the door, his hand shifting to pocket the key to his belt as he turned. His eyes pierced the darkness that surrounded him, his hand flicking to his blade as he hesitantly stepped forward, his other hand grasping the bandaged side in pain. With every step he'd pause and strain his ears for anything out of the ordinary. Maybe he was just being paranoid, perhaps not. But he knew one thing was for certain, a man tried to take from him his life. The familiar feathers at the end of the arrow was the only lead that he had to take down his would be killer. But still, the thought of hunting down someone caused the now weary Julius to have serious second thoughts.

As his mind raced with those thoughts, he allowed himself to relax as he trudged through the woods, his hand slowly pulling it's own self from his hilt. A brief *crunch* of twigs was heard behind him as he stepped from the brush of trees, stopping instantly. He strained his ears once more, before shaking his head and continuing on, a bemused chuckle streaming from him. He slipped his hand back to his hilt for perhaps some reassurance, his hand missing the hilt altogether as it brushed past a loose note in his side pocket.

With that, he slid the note from his pocket gently, his eyes holding a mysterious gleam in the illuminating moonlight as he brought two fingers to his lips before shortly bringing them back down to touch the folded paper. After a few brief moments of simple thought, he let his fingers go and the wind carried the small note over the nearby stream.

It was said and done now. She had left him. For nights Julius would lay by himself and think of the old adventures he had as young man, the many harlots whose bed he had visited, and the deeds, both good and bad that he had accomplished. Now, he was a simple man on an isle of even more simpleton inhabitants. The many titles that he used to long for were now meaningless to him. He wanted to find it. Not only did he want to have true love, something that.. even he a man that had so many women, had not stumbled upon yet, but he also wanted to make his life more enjoyable.

Since the day he had stepped back on the isle it had been a whirlwind. His bodyguard left him for a bandit gang, his wife too had left him, and his son seemingly dead. Even through all the commotion, all the events leading up to this point in his life, there was something that twinged at his heart and begged for something more. Was his life truly that boring that he would lay awake at night and think of making it better? Though the answer to that question was not immediately obvious to him, one answer was. He had to do something to change his current situation for the better.

He lifted his chin as a soft sigh escaped his slitted lips, his eyes meeting the ramparts of the eastern gate as he stepped through the large doors. The grimace on his face was unclear through the dark night as he made his way to the shop.. and the way his stomach roared, hopefully a decent meal.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

A gentle swoosh of the wind rustling the leaves of the naldor may bring the scent of strawberry wafting through the eastern gate before dissipating in the air. The brief glimpse of three elfess' dancing in front of the campfire before disappearing completely may have someone wondering if they were seeing things. The bite of the chill air racing with a shiver down the spine then disappearing may portend things to come, or just the typical mysterious veil of the night.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

At reaching the gate, she heard something behind her. Instantly her hand moved under her coat towards her side where she normally had her sword sheated, noticed that it wasn't there. She began to curse in a lower voice "You're such a fool!How dare you, to run around in Trolls Bane without..."
Hastily she threw a look over her shoulder upon hearing that noise behind her again.
Her hand moved towards her hood, to pull it behind her ear that she could hear a bit more, what's around her.
A sigh of relief escaped her, as she got aware that it was just the wind in the trees near the gate.

Once more she gazed towards the door she stood infront. Talking to herself "Do you really want to leave this place that soon again?" as she shook her head and turned away from the gate, walking towards the tavern.

Reaching the tavern, she first gazed through the window, to see who's inside. Taking a deep breath before she opened the door. She walked into the familiar tavern, and smelled the warm and used air and the heavy stench of beer. Making her way through the tavern she nodded to the few guests sitting at the table near the door.
Just infront of Borgate she sat down on a bar stool and whispered "Hello dear friend of mine, how have you been?"
Borgate answered her with his typical dwarven voice "Quite fair i guess, business is going well."
A smile appeared on her lips "That's good to hear, so why don't you give out a goblet of mead for free, for an old friend...?"
As she ordered a goblet of good mead. "Well, longear...you should know me better."He said with a big grin on his face.
As he brought her the mead, she flipped the coins over the counter. She raised her goblet towards Borgate before she took a sip out of it.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

As the elf sat and waited he was munching on an apple he had saved from before.He sat and waited drinking his mead and eating his last apple.He notices the Girl come into the tavern but took no notice,Except for the fact that she had no sword in her sheath.He went behind the bar for a moment and Borgate didnt even say a word.He pulled out a Magical longsword sheathed in a golden leather.He sets it in front of her, sits back at his seat and says

To dangerous for someone to be traveling without a sword no matter for how long of a time.Borgate let me have a bottle of your finest mead...actualy make it two of them.

Borgate:You got it Maeglin.

After Borgate hands him the bottles he slides one to the woman and flips Borgate some coins.Then he introduces himself.

The name is Maeglin Telemmaite.

He holds out his hand in greeting.It has three rings of gold on it and one of them has a blackish stone embroidery with red rubies surrounding it.It is his middle finger which holds the ring with jewels.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Frowning she looked up from her goblet as he placed the sheathed sword in front of her. Her eyes examined the sheath of golden leather. Hearing the elfs words, she just nodded in agreement. After some time she answered in a low voice "That's true, at least in this town."
Reaching out for the bottle of mead,instead of taking the sheath, and pouring some of it into her goblet she looked again at the elf.

Hesitatingly she tilts her head and some of her blond hair can be seen under her hood. Reaching her hand out towards his, she answers him
"Thank you for the mead, and i am Shenandrea Lorean. It is a pleasure to meet you, Maeglin Telemmaite."
Her fine and slender fingers taking his hand, with a strength someone might have not expected at seeing her.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Quite the grip hey! Let me know if you need anything else. I can usualy be found at the workshop,the mines(either one) or cuasing some mischief.

At the last words the elf smiles at her,downs his mead,and starts to walk out the door.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

She chuckles at his comment, answering him with amusement in her eyes"Don't judge someone you don't know at first sight. It might be, that something unsuspected happens."

As he starts to leave the tavern she turned back to face Borgate again. The sword in its golden leather sheath now came back into her sight. Reaching her hand out towards its sheath she looked over her shoulder to see, that he has just left the tavern, door closed behind him.

Mumbling and cursing she finally took the sword from the counter. Raising from her stool, leaving her goblet, still half full with mead behind as she follows him.
Maeglin Telemmaite

The elf notices the creaking from the bar door open as she opened it.He stops and waits for the reaction slightly unsheathing his own sword of black metal of some sort and in a blood red sheath as well. He spins around knowing she is there and looks directly into her eyes with his that are fogged over as to see into her soul(in a sense)

May I help you Shenandrea or have you started following me for something else?
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Seeing him unsheathing his sword she stops at once at the doorstill,looking at him. She holds the sword infront of her body, sheated, its tip pointing towards the ground. Nothing in her stance implies that she'd be willing to draw the sword any time soon. Slowly moving her left hand up to her hood, pulling it down, revealing her face completely. Withstanding his look she returns it.

With a calm voice she speaks to him."I don't think you can help me." As she speaks, she extends her right arm to give him his sword. "But, this is yours. I don't want to be the last one who has seen it and maybe be accused in the end, that i've stolen it." With a faint smile on her lips she waits for his reaction.
Maeglin Telemmaite

:D)) He sheathes his sword and smiles..

It is a gift and I wont accept taking it back.

He pulls down his hood revealing hair that is swirling with mist like a fog.When his eyes diminish from the fogged over galze they turn a deep crimson and his hair turns to a black with the fog gone.It is only to his shoulders.He looks at her caringly((I cant spell. sry))and smiles at her.