The "Church of Gobaith"

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

A large new poster is placed on the Church board, covering most of the old notes, with a few bits and pieces sticking out of the edges. The paper seems to be fairly new, the writing bold and readable.

To the parishioners of the Church of Golbiath.

It has become painfully aware that some form of change must be put into effect, to keep this foundation alive. Our membership has dwindled, with many of our former members heading on travels, or taking up some other following.

To help, I wish to institute a new doctrine, one that shall trim some of the excess that was created by the loss of members. The leadership shall be cut, and we shall begin on a new path, with new goals.

First, I would like to remove the leadership within the differing parishes as connected with the main body. If a Father runs the parish to Bragon, that does not give him any leadership within the Church as a whole, but only among his flock. However, a successful, flourishing parish will award more responsibility from the body, as well as more rank within.

Setting up a proper Church leadership will lay the ground for a better functioning body, and I think by establishing members in charge of certain tasks are vital. I would like to instate a few positions as well, including but not limited to: Elder Priest, Paladin and Monk, Master Crafter, Event Planner, and a few more. The members who assume the positions willfully shall be rewarded among the Church and it's followers in many ways.

Second, I wish to change the motivations of the Church, from building. We should begin by recruiting more members, although it is not easy. We should also look to build these altars in the hearts and minds of the people, before we begin on material ones. We should also seek to keep ourselves active within the various communities, helping spread the word of the gods through our actions.

I would like to see members not have to commit to a specific deity, yet allowing them to serve the gods better in their own way, as some are prone to.

I anyone has anything to add, comment on or debate, I am more than open, and would be very receptive to any ideas. Please feel free to contact me, or leave a message here.

- Elder Father Darius Marr
Aldan Vian

A message written in the dark.

Post by Aldan Vian »

*The following message is written in blood*

Your days remain numbered Marr. As long as you and your church are against our Lady's dark ways

Signed,
A hunter of the night