The "Church of Gobaith"

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You are walking on thin ice "Father", you accuse old guilds upon our island of falling apart and ~failing~, while you yourself recruit fools, you should step carefull, or you perish in the flood caused by your own words.

~unsigned~
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

be warned, you, who are in that group, that calles itself shursh or whatever!
we got our own holy men, ghodis, in Nordmark.
very few outlandish ghodis are allowed to speak to us for the gods.
among them the ghodi Nerian Finera (even if he is a little soft for such a strong god as Malachin)
but you and your riff raff are certainly not aknowledged as holy men!
so if you value your tongues and heads, don't preach in Nordmark!

Tjalf, Jarl of Nordmark
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

We shall conduct a worship Service this week's end to Sirani in respect of the month of Siros.

Time: 22 Siros ((7 pm GMT - Sunday))

~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

I am in the process of assigning Parishes 'altar locations'.

A Parish's duty is threefold:
1) Build/expand Altar/chapel to Diety and/or Cemetary/Crypt
2) Maintain Altar/chapel and/or Cemetary/Crypt ((Keep it from rotting))
3) Hold worship/ritual services to Diety

A Parish does not own, rent or lease any altar/cemetary, but is only allowed to "Use" the area after an agreement is signed by the local Lord or Leader. In the absence of a local leader, the agreement is not necessary.

All Excerpts and Holy Writings will be moved to the Internal Board, as well as any confidential information such as Treasury, Supplies, Projects, discussions, Contests, etc.

This board will be for 'public' use only. Please check the Internal Board for news and updated material, it changes almost daily.

In Humble Thanks,
~Elder Father Thyme
Rhandarja Opalin

Post by Rhandarja Opalin »

Tuatha De Oldrann wrote:Location: The Three Sisters, by the Dock
Time: 22 Siros ((7 pm GMT - Sunday))~Father Thyme
Dear brothers and sisters ... I wil lead the worship of our Lady. But ... could we please change the starting time for it's a lot far to travel for me.

Rhandarja Opalin
Priestress of Lady Sirani

((could we please change the time to after 20:00 UTC/GMT ... at 19:00 it's impossible for me to attend))
Tuatha De Oldrann

Rhandarja Opalin wrote:
Tuatha De Oldrann wrote:Location: The Three Sisters, by the Dock
Time: 22 Siros ((7 pm GMT - Sunday))~Father Thyme
Dear brothers and sisters ... I wil lead the worship of our Lady. But ... could we please change the starting time for it's a lot far to travel for me.

Rhandarja Opalin
Priestress of Lady Sirani

((could we please change the time to after 20:00 UTC/GMT ... at 19:00 it's impossible for me to attend))
Yes,

Mother Opalin, I am pleased you will be available to honor the Goddess Sirani in this, her month. I shall be happy to assist any way I can.

We shall conduct a worship Service this week's end to Sirani in respect of the month of Siros.

Time: 22 Siros ((9 pm GMT - Sunday))

~Father Thyme
((Yes, that's fine, 2100 GMT thank you!))
Tuatha De Oldrann

• ~Worship Services~

All the Months of the Year were named after an Elder or Younger God. In respect of this fact, we shall hold a single worship service/ritual each month, to the Diety of that month, beginning in Siros, year 26.

~Father Thyme

~From the Text "Commentaries", page 14~

Notice the months all contain parts of the God(dess) names, yet have been twisted over the millennia to be nearly unrecognizable as such. Perhaps local Dialect or time has twisted the words. Let us reconstruct the Gods and thier months here:

Elos = Elara
Tanos = Tanora
Zhas = Zhambra
Ushos = Ushara
Siros - Sirani
Ronas = Ronagan
Bras = Bragon
Eldas = Eldan
Irmas = Irmorom
Malas = Malachin
Findos = Findari
Olos = Oldra
Adras = Adron
Naras = Nargun
Chos = Cherga
Mas = Moshran

Note how Bras and Elos are side to side. Is unknown why they are honored after each other. Perhaps it is because...."
Tuatha De Oldrann

Welcome back Lord Aidin Darksilver. He has found favor and returned to us.

Our rewards lists for the paladiins is growing and members are being recruited. All is well!

We shall hold a service to Ronagan on 21 Ronas
((Sunday 2100 GMT)) at the Harbor.

In these uncertain times, a prayer to Ronagan will go a long way to getting the information one needs to make an 'informed' decision for the troubles Gobaith faces.

In Humble prayers,
~Elder Father Thyme
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Father Thyme,

I wish to offer my services as a paladin of Bragon, should there still be room for me in that position.

Signed,
Altrix
Squire of Gobaith
Guard of Trollsbane
Marshal of the Southfields
Acolyte of the Order of the Flame
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Father Thyme,

I've recently been on a spree of bad deeds and am slowly coming to realise it is not the proper way to cure my boredom.

I hence would like to join the church and find myself a more useful, friendly hobby.

If you would be so kind to let me by your ranks and help me labour on the path of righteousness, let me know.

- The Kid
Tuatha De Oldrann

There is room for all.

Altrix, I know you well by reputation already. Yes, I shall add you as a paladin of Bragon. Please read the requirements and tell me if there is a problem. I am also enclosing a parchment allowing you access to our internal Boards.

"The Kid", I do not know you, so we shall have to meet for an interview. Can you be at the Harbor on 21 Ronas? ((Sunday 9pm GMT?))

In humble thanks and gratitudes,
~Father Thyme
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

I shall try.

- The Kid
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

I will with this parchment show interest in becoming a paladin for Zhambra which I believe is the perfect raw model for the knightly values I stand for. I gladly protect his interests as they are the same as mine. If you feel that I am worthy this honor, then I am glad to be at service.

Signed,
Page Frederick Hawkmoon of Gobaith.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

A man steps up to the board, his eyes tracing over the newest parchments before he shakes his head and gives a short sigh. "Only more incentive for the lad to spend nine hours in the Graveyard."
Tuatha De Oldrann

Hawkmoon wrote:I will with this parchment show interest in becoming a paladin for Zhambra which I believe is the perfect raw model for the knightly values I stand for. I gladly protect his interests as they are the same as mine. If you feel that I am worthy this honor, then I am glad to be at service.

Signed,
Page Frederick Hawkmoon of Gobaith.
Frederick, I gladly accept you into the Ranks of the Paladins of the church. Sadly, we have no other paladins of Zhambra yet, however if you display His qualities (Lyalty, Comradship, Fellowship) to your fellow Paladins of other Gods, they will happily quest with you. You need but ask.

I have also enclosed a parchment giving you access to our internal boards. Be sure to train with other paladins and see the "Rewards for Paladinhood" page.

In Thanks,
~Father Thyme
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Well, there are other way to be comrades, show loyality and fellowship than fight in packs, so don't you worry.

I am happy to be accepted in the church and I am looking forward to fulfill my duties.

Signed,
Page Frederick Hawkmoon of Gobaith
Tuatha De Oldrann

Great News!

I have recruited Liam Heneghan to be High Priest of Malachin!

Liam has a long and difficult past as a Hunter, and has found a calling to the master of Hunters, Malachin!

To Liam: I have included a parchment allowing you access to our internal Boards.

We are 50% complete on materials for a shrine at Kallahorn, and you have 2 paladins at your disposal. I wish you well in the months to come.

In humble thanks and blessings,
~Father Thyme
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

Due to my stances in other projects and political arrangements, I hereby resign from my position as the Paladin of Malachin. Quite frankly, I don't think I was fit for the job in the first place. My old bones can't take the strain of the undead as they used to. However, that does not mean I will not continue good tithing with the Church. The altar that I previously decided on building with Father Thyme will still be built and I'll pull some resources from my pile to build the Chapel.

This project is a brilliant one led by a smart man, tis too bad I'm too busy of a man to take part in it any longer.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Tuatha De Oldrann

Julius,

I regret that you must resign, however, I am in need of an advisor in matters of the sword, of which I am sure you qualify.

It is voluntary, and unpaid, but will help me in directing the Church. Good men seek Better men to help them, and I think all the people in the church are Great! I would hate to lose even one.

Please stay and advise me, and we'll continue the shrine unabated.

In humble prayers,
~Father Thyme
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings once more,

I suppose I shall accept your offer. Although, I'd rather not carry it as a title so heavily as one would the title of Paladin. I'll stick to the duties and needs that you ask of me.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Tuatha De Oldrann

Many thanks Julius,

As an advisor, I come to you for advice. It holds no other priviledges or duties, do not worry.

As I said, I hate to lose even one person. Be well, and we'll talk more.

In humble thanks,
~Father Thyme
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I heard that your ~church~ wants to build an altar near the northeren forest, I would ask you to forget this agenda, the northeren forest is not resting since weeks, angering whatever lurks in there with an altar of nargun, is certaintly not a smart choice.

~Pellandria~
Tuatha De Oldrann

Pellandria,

Thank you for the warning, it is well-known the Northern forest is dangerous. The Parish of Nargun is assigned various 'chaotic' nexus' of power, one being near the Old Lighthouse. This is far enough away from danger so as not to be a threat to the Northern forest.

However, considering the danger, I am in negotiations for another site for Nargun Parish and shall consider all possibilities for an altar to Nargun, which must be built for Gobaith has none to this God of chance, luck and chaos. We surely need to pacify him in this hour of uncertainty, don't you agree?

Thank you for the warning.

~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

On a more positive note:

Congratulations to Joxia and Daelyn for becoming members of the church.
Joxia, a famous warrior, shall serve as a Paladin of Nargun, while Daelyn, a mage, shall serve as a Priest of Eldan.

WE wish them both happy tidings and success in their service to their Gods!

In sincere and humble thanks,
~Father Thyme
Caecilianus Cathari

Post by Caecilianus Cathari »

Hahahaha! You have forgotten the almightiest of rightiest, the bestest thant he restest, the postivitists something.

The Godman!

Brer Beothach the Godmen.
Father John

Post by Father John »

Hello my name is Father John Glaston and I would like to join your order as a priest of Eldan. Please send me a dove with your answer. Thank you Father Thyme.
~Father John Glaston, Priest of Eldan
Tuatha De Oldrann

Welcome Nathan Grimskalle. He has joined us as the High Priest for Ronagan. He is a Bard with knowledge of many things, and we wish him well here.

~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

We've added the positions of "Scribe" to the Church as a result of the many fine works and translations our priests have been doing. Only members of the church may view these for now.

Scribes, Paladins and Priests are paid positions now, based on set conditions, with opportunity for advancement and raises.

Anyone currently in the church, may change professions at this time to Scribe, if they feel they are called to do this important work for the church. The Head Scribe will be chosen based on merit, not 'first come' as before.

In humble thanks,
~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

I have added a variety of services our church can do for the people. Please see the beginning page of this board.

~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

Great news,

We have obtained permission for any member of the church to use the grounds of the Farmer's Union free of charge. Now we have a place to meditate, and grow wonderful food to give to the poor.

I also ask that if you farm, leave a little for Oldra, there is a simple shrine there.

Many thanks,
~Father Thyme