The "Church of Gobaith"

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Darkform

Post by Darkform »

I have to step down for I'm going to go on vacation for a udetermind amount of time.

~Oloya Ra
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

I don't want to join the church but I would like to be a honorary priest of Oldra.

from the desk of Jhon Sivan

*delivered to the Union wall by a Darkform*
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

There shall be a ritual to honor Findari in the month of Findos.
((Sunday 8pm GMT))

Meet me at Tol Vanima. We shall meet in the elven city, second floor, in the temple dedicated to "The Five".

~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

There shall be a ritual to honor Nargun in the month of Naras.
((Sunday 8pm GMT))

Please meet me at the Old Lighthouse for the ritual.
Liscal

Post by Liscal »

All those who read or hear of this are welcome to take part in the ritual today. It is the month of the Lord of Chaos and chances are high that he will grant your requests, especially if you make a proper sacrifice for him.

~ Father Guldrap
Liscal

Post by Liscal »

The ceremony is postponed by 2hours.

~ L. Guldrap

(( i. e. starting in 2 hours ))
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

I want to remember the members of this church, that the old lighthouse is, at first part of the magic academy of gobaith, and second holy ground of the godess Elara.

I'm sure, that you as godsman understand, that we don't want ceremonies to pray other gods there.

With kind regards

~Kadiya Artaliar~
Headmaster of the magic academy of gobaith
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I seek to join the church of Gobaith as a priest of Eldan

Son of Aldan Vian,
Eilal Vian
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Those seeking to act within the ministry of Eldan within the Church are subject to the review of the Credii, who wish to maintain the true faith and orthodoxy as set down by the great prophet Basillicus. We would be pleased to have your cooperation with this. Also, we should like to profess our condolences on the death of your father - we hope that his next cycle may be merciful upon him.

In Eldan's name,

Expleti
Anthony Carthusiana, Bishop of the West
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

THough I stand by Aldans beliefs I will indeed learn the way of the Credii.

Eilal
Tuatha De Oldrann

Welcome Eilal Vian to the church as a priest of Eldan. Follow the instruction of the Expleti, and all will be well. Welcome!

Also, welcome to Squire Jonathon Caine as a Paladin of Bragon. He and his comrades are mighty warriors worthy of Bragon's praise! Welcome!

~Father Thyme
Elder of the Church of Gobaith
Archbishop of Trollsbane
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I...am afraid I can not be with the church now....I have to leave the island as soon as the funeral is over...

EIlal
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

*parchment has been ripped off and removed*

((Got rid of this char))
Last edited by Aldan Vian on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

(( No one reply to this yet...I need to contact Aldan via PM about joining the same guild three times with different chars... ))

EDIT: (( PM made, reply away ^^ ))
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

A short, pudgy man slowly meanders by the boards. He takes a quicks glance, and red, sweat covered face lights up, "Adron be praised!" He drops his pack on the ground and quickly rummages through it, cursing. "Where is it?!" Finally he stands tall, quill in hand. "Aha!" He pins a parchment on the board, and slowly writes.

To Whom It May Concern,
As a devout follower of Adron and his divine wisdom, I have been sent to these lands to preach his messages to those whom have not yet heard.
I seek temporary Deaconship within the church of Troll's Bane, hopefully to become a permanent priest here, tending to the altars and parish of Adron, and assisting his followers however necessary.
I seek this in the name of Adron, and may his name be never marred.
- Darius Marr

Smiling brightly, his note looked complete. Cramming his quill back in the pack, he turns and slowly walks off, hopeing his prayers and notes will be answered.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Welcome brother Marr!

We welcome a priest of Adron! There are no altars to him yet, and so your help is dearly needed. I would like to invite you to our meeting to meet others of the church.

I would like to call a meeting of the church as a whole, anyone who can come, to the Trollsbane Library. ((Sunday, 1800 GMT))

We shall hold a quick service to Elara in honor of Elos, and then hold a meeting about the future of the church. All are welcome to attend and contribute.

Thank you,
~Father Thyme
Slazf Kruvkva

Post by Slazf Kruvkva »

Good priests,

I follow the teachings of the deity Elara. I have been a hermit of sorts for some time, but I wish to cut away from the eschewing of society enough to become acquainted with her other followers, and serve the church as a priest, if it will be approved. I have not the concluded answers to her questions, but the will to aid others in pursuing them as I continue my journey along the path of the devout. I pray that you will consider my request.

Lady guide you,
Nimor Malghast
Lortz Hacum

Post by Lortz Hacum »

An old Elven priest hobbles toward the boards leaning heavily on his walking stick. His face draws in upon reading the recent words of the church. He takes out his quill and slowly scribes a note before pinning it to the board

Be Greeted,

It seems much has happened or in this case not happened since my departure from the isle some time ago. I must apologise for my sudden leaving but an invite to a certain relic in far off lands was too tempting to refuse.

The Elves writing gets worse and starts to trail to one side.

I have returned with renewed vigour for our church and hope that I may continue my work within my parish forthwith. There are some tales of far away lands I would convey to those who would listen. This church must not fail.

Lortz Hacum
Lortz Hacum

Post by Lortz Hacum »

To members of the Church,

I have written upon the church's boards that I would like to scribe a new and up to date register of the church's membership. I have so far only had two notes delivered to me from current members. I ask once more if you are still a member of this church, please write on the church boards or send me a dove.

~Lortz Hacum~
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I am the Guardian Paladin of Nargun a staunch supporter of the Church of Gobaith. I am still a member. Father Liscal is the Priest of Nargun and is away for a bit but told me he will return and continue to run his parish.

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

I'm a Honorary Reverend Father of Oldra.

*delivered to the church wall by a Darkform*
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

A new parchment, written in big block letters, is on top of them all.

To whom it may concern:

I am stepping down as the High Priest of the Parish of Adron. I have been ... enlightened, beyond measure. I cannot keep this position anymore, as my views have changed.

I am, however, taking the place of the head of the Church. If one wishes to challenge this, protest, or anything else in that matter, say it here. I shall wait at least 1 dwarven month, for a response, maybe two.

Leader of the Church of Golbiath, Darius Marr
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

I'm going to step down from being a Honorary Reverend Father. I have enough dutys as leader of the Union.

*delivered to the church wall by a Darkform*
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Father Marr,

Trolls Bane will not recognize you as the Archbishop of Trolls Bane. Father Anthony though busy with matters on the mainland right now has not forgotten his duties to the the church here and will take things in hand once more on his return.

~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

Archduchess Joxia Doral,

The Church welcomes and thanks your opinion.

Personally, I do not understand why you stand behind someone who has not been around for a long while. I understand he used to lead, but look where that has gone. His absence, and the lack of activity, has put this organization at risk.
When was the last time you tithed, Archduchess? Even had any help from the church? Tis a shame, how we have fallen so far.
I am surprised, Archduchess Doral, your faith seems to waiver, in my eyes. I wish to propose a new doctrine, for the Church. One that doesn't have the leadership divided like so, one that does more than build altars and pray.
We have nothing, few active memebers, no leadership, and nothing to make us even remotely active. That is what you want?

I cannot stand it anymore. If Father Anthony is to return, one day, he can have leadership back. I do not want it, just a working Church.

- Father Darius Marr
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Archduchess Doral, Elder Father Marr,

I do believe you've both gone a little off the track, if I may say so. Father Marr, you did not propose removing me as Archbishop...That is separate to the Church of Gobaith, that is the Archbishopric - of which I am in charge of. I am not to be replaced, I believe you mistake me for Father Thyme, whom you stated on our guild board that you wished to depose, in which I supported you.

I suggest, as your advisor, that you refine your argument and realise that I have never left this island, and that I have been active within the Church...I am not Father Thyme, do not confuse us.

In Eldan's Name,

Expleti A. Carthusiana, Archbishop of Troll's Bane
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

Archduchess Joxia Doral, Father Anthony Carthusiana,

My humble apologies, and my deepest respect for you both.
I was wrong, and I misunderstood the Archduchess, I am sincerely sorry.
I was confused about your position, Father Anthony, and about whom Lady Joxia was referring to.
My humble apologies, I was a bit hasty with my response.

- Father Darius Marr
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

I urge all active members to hold various classes and training, in this month to Eldan. Accept all who wish to show, and please make it well known somewhere, so that all who wish can attend. I know many of you are unsure of what to teach on, but you have much knowledge to share. Teach on the gods, or your personal deity. If you know a trade, speak what you can! If you know the sword, the staff, or another weapon, many would benefit from you knowledge. I urge you, we must begin the steps toward an active Church, we must share and grow. May this be the beginning of something new.

- Father Darius Marr
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

To whom it may concern:

I assume the position of Elder of the Church of Golbiath. May the Elders guide me in this new leadership.

As the head of the Church, I shall not change any of the articles set in place, and all contracts and agreements shall be upheld.

- Father Darius Marr
Daruis Marr

Post by Daruis Marr »

It has come to my attention that the recent conflict between Troll's Bane and Silverbrand has turned to a war, and our position on this matter needs to be clarified.

Memebers of the Church are asked not to take sides, as the accusations by both parties have gotten out of hand. Combat with either side is against our beliefs, and should be avoided at all costs. If one must raise sword against either side, let it be in self defense or to protect the helpless. If a fight is unavoidable, you are not to kill your enemy, no matter what they said or did in this conflict.

It is recommended that members stay away from any battle sites, as not to be drawn in to this conflict. If one must be at the place of battle, it should only be to offer prayers of protection, to see to the injured on both sides, or to help the souls of the fallen pass on.

We should seek resolution to this matter in a peaceful manner, like the wisdom of the Knights have shown. Please, I ask all members to try and help end this pointless war.

- Elder Father Darius Marr