The "Church of Gobaith"

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Who beinks Reverend Father Gravik? My name beinks Grakir...High priestsks of Father I beinks...Notsks Gravik...

Reverend Father GRAKIR
Clan Shaman of the Orcs
Priestsks of the Father
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

Father If you accept I wish to vbe the Abbot of the five if the position isnt already filled,and if it is could i be a monk of Bragon.

may the five walk with you,

~Maeglin Telemmaite~
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Just for the record he's my brother.

Father Vian
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Dear Thyme,
Aldan Vian and Maeglin are in no way capable of being priests of the Gods. They take up arms, try to support themselves without need of anyone else, and at one time were trying to take over Tol Vanima. Please reconsider.
-unsigned.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I took up no arms. Never tried to take over Vanima.I have help from plenty of others. And I have compleatly given up my swords.

Father Aldan
Maeglin Telemmaite

?!?!?!?!!?

Maeglin comes up dressed in his blacksmiths clothes and places a parchment on the board.

I have never risen a weapon except for food purposes and self protection against thieves and people who attacked me.Furthermore I have support from many of my friends,and dont rely((sry bout the spelling)) solely on myself,and we never tried to take over Vanima we just wanted help restore it.

P.S Aldan and is perfectly capable of being a priest.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Welcome Maeglin Telemmaite,

I welcome you as an Abbott of Bragon. I am re-working the Parish, and shall separate the Gods and their priests, monks and Paladins. However, I still expect cooperation between the 'Elder' followers.

To unsigned,

It takes courage to speak your mind, and I commend you to do more. However, it takes more to 'sign' responsibility to your words and stand by your convictions. I have personally witnessed the change in Father Vian and Abbott Telemmaite. Their hearts are pure and they wish to do good for people, given the chance.

Many times, people take to crime and unrest from boredom. Tis a small world after all. Let not their past trouble you, their future is all that matters now. I shall give them the opportunity to prove themselves.

In Humble prayer,
~Father Thyme
Maeglin Telemmaite

Thank you father I shall do my best.I was wondering though...is there a priest area open for Bragon.Aldan told me there was.

Also to the Unsigned...Sign your name so i might learn who I am talking with.I like to know the person who I am takling to in a discussion.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Maeglin Telemmaite wrote:Thank you father I shall do my best.I was wondering though...is there a priest area open for Bragon.Aldan told me there was.

Also to the Unsigned...Sign your name so i might learn who I am talking with.I like to know the person who I am takling to in a discussion.
Yes, there is. Are you up to fulfilling a Priests duties?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Father,
I writte here to warn you, this pair of elves should not be trusted nor given any power, the gods will ~not~ take it easily that you take these misguieded fools at priests just because they ask for it.

THose ~idiots~ wanted to build a thieve stronghold not tofar in the past, they even considered the holy islands of sirani as one of their building places, unless you want to draw the gods anger on you, you should stay away from them.

Believe in the words of those who were here before your, do not let your strive to have all priests or all gods in your "church" cloud your mind.

~Pellandria~
Telathon

Post by Telathon »

Arr...you should trust her, I trust her.
Boendal Graubart
Tuatha De Oldrann

Pellandria wrote:Father,
I writte here to warn you, this pair of elves should not be trusted nor given any power, the gods will ~not~ take it easily that you take these misguieded fools at priests just because they ask for it.

THose ~idiots~ wanted to build a thieve stronghold not tofar in the past, they even considered the holy islands of sirani as one of their building places, unless you want to draw the gods anger on you, you should stay away from them.

Believe in the words of those who were here before your, do not let your strive to have all priests or all gods in your "church" cloud your mind.

~Pellandria~
Dear Lady Pellandria,

The two 'fools' as you call them have been the hardest working, most generous, and reliable persons I have met since coming to this Island. Yeah, were it just us three, the Church would still be in good hands and the poor well fed & clothed. Do not be so hasty to judge a Book by it's cover. Nay, I will not throw them under a Cart because of your words. You have not proven yourself as reliable as they have.

As for the Gods, I believe I am closer to divining their Will than a "Mistress of Mana" who uses the gift to 'twist' what usually comes naturally. Magic has always been at odds with Religion. Magicians selfishly uses power for themselves, yet Priests Obey the Will of the Gods they serve without reward. The difference in motivation is profound and enlightening.

Which God do you serve m'lady? If you feel you are a servant of your God, teach us, join us, serve them.

In humble thanks,
~Father Thyme

OOC deleted. Please use PM. Thanks - Arien -
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I wonder where do you gathered such folklore, maybe one should remind you that I was one of those who have tricked the judge of faith and rescued the Island from its destruction, not long ago I was aswell one of the many who helped to restore the balance among the Dragon and thus we allowed the Icedragons to come back to our realm, furthermore I healed more people than you saw in your lifetime as working as a medico.

I did not yet saw anything of what I just said steam from your way, you got two misguided fools who have no respect and aren't far from pulling a blade on everyone they come across and disagree with them.

Not to mention that I did not yet saw any poor man orwoman being clothed or fed by you, indeed I must be to busy to rescue you from utter destruction.

You just came upon this Island so I let the foolishness of your words go by, because you did not know better, but you should ~inform~ yourself before you anger the gods and you should live by your own codex, before you insult me with you assumptions and lies you should first inform yourself.

~Pellandria~

OOC deleted. Please use PM. Thanks - Arien -
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Mr Aldan beinks no priestsks...He not a worthy offerinks to any Godsks, it beinks folly to take this THIEF into the new churchsks.

~Reverend Father Grakir,
Shaman of the Orcs
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Surely only the gods themselves may decide who may be their priests? Is this Thyme a god?

Your concerned gypsy,

Colin.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Bellringer wrote:Mr Aldan beinks no priestsks...He not a worthy offerinks to any Godsks, it beinks folly to take this THIEF into the new churchsks.

~Reverend Father Grakir,
Shaman of the Orcs
Father Grakir,

I pay no heed to the words from outside the church, for they know not our goals nor have any committment to us other than 'toleration'. However, you are a member of the Quorum of Twelve, so your words have much merit, and equal my own.

However, this is not the place to discuss this issue, please continue this discussion on the Church Board. If the majority agree with you, action shall and must be taken.

In humble thanks,
~Father Thyme

((Please post on "Church of Gobaith" Forum: Thread "Distance Meeting...."))
Maeglin Telemmaite

MR THYME,

yes I am willing to take on full responsibility of priest duties and will respectfully and humbly serve the gods untill my time is done here on this earth and after if they see it fit.I am sorry i couldnt write earlier but i had some buisness to attend to on the mainland.

Pella i respectfully ask for your forgivnesss for when i offended you some time ago and anyhing else i may have said to anger you.I have not spoken or seen you for quite some time but I am changed now from the boisterous Elf I once was so please give me a chance.

Father Grakir,I respectfully ask you to give Aldan a chance.He is a good elf and will serve the church well.I know it is not my decision but I would let him stay in the church.If you are still unsure i propose an idea,let Aldan stay in only have people watch him very closely and report back to you or some other way of keeping tabs on him.I am devoted to the gods but if My brother goes then I will be sorry to say that I go also,For even though i would serve the gods untill they deem me not to serve them anylonger,I would go to Hell and back again for my brother and would follow him till the ends of the earth.
Let the river run red with blood as a sign that the gods forgave me for my sins
a man who I met in the street one day
~Maeglin Telemmaite~
Aldan Vian

Forgiveness

Post by Aldan Vian »

Thank you Maeglin. Also I would like to apologize to all I have offended over time..even Pellandria. I would also like to meet with father Grakir sometime for It seems he does not know the true perpouse of my so called "Thieves Guild or bandits hideout" or whatever you called it. Be it known that I am not a criminal and never have been. I am only a person of second chances. I offered past criminals a chance to redeam them selves. I offered them to join me their past forgotten if they swore to give up their ways. For all deserve a second chance.
For redemption look to your enemies. For enlightenment look to the heavens.
-From on of my stories
Hopeing to be forgiven by all thoughs I may or may not have offended,
Father Vian

((Also I think maeglins quote is supposed to look more like this))
Let the river run red with blood as a sign the gods forgave me for my sin.
-A man I met in the street one day.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

One last thing...WE NEVER CONSIDERED SIRANI! That was what many wanted us to do but I diden't allow it!Personaly I was thinking the southern forest.

Aldan
Last edited by Aldan Vian on Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

This beinks discussed by the Quorum, Shaman Grakir not wantinks to discuss in publicsks. We thinkinks about your positioninks.

~Reverend Father Grakir,
Shaman of the Orcs
Maeglin Telemmaite

Of course father,but seeing as you are one of the Quorum,I just thought that you may hear my plea.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Judgement of the Quorum of Twelve:

Father Vian and Father Telemmaite are hereby 'defrocked' as priests of the Church of Gobaith. It was determined that as representatives of the Gods, their actions and attitudes were not appropriate as 'priests'.

However, it was further determined that due to their loyalty, hardwork and change of heart, they are offered positions as "Monks" within the Church, so that they may continue their work, and prove their worthiness to become priests again someday.

Let us pray that this wound will heal, and not divert people from our mission: To help the peoples of Gobaith in work and worship of the Gods.

In Humble thanks and prayer,
~Father Thyme
Wrath

Post by Wrath »

*A misterious message is on the boards, as if it appeared over night.*
Aldan Vian is a lier and a hypocrite. There is no reason the gods should have to kill him for defiling there names, when there are plenty of people who want him dead already. Consider my words, he is no priest. I agree strongly with Pellandria and believe this fool deserved to be removed like he was.
* A signature is written in deer's blood.*
~Wrath Nightblade~
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Colin Smalls wrote:Surely only the gods themselves may decide who may be their priests? Is this Thyme a god?

Your concerned gypsy,

Colin.
*A slim man wearing a bandana peels of the parchment, before attaching it below the last one with another note added.*

I am still waiting for my answer sirrahs. If it is uncomfortable to reply in public, i would be satisfied with a dove.

~Colin
Tuatha De Oldrann

Colin Smalls wrote:
Colin Smalls wrote:Surely only the gods themselves may decide who may be their priests? Is this Thyme a god?

Your concerned gypsy,

Colin.
*A slim man wearing a bandana peels of the parchment, before attaching it below the last one with another note added.*

I am still waiting for my answer sirrahs. If it is uncomfortable to reply in public, i would be satisfied with a dove.

~Colin
Colin,

I am not a God, only a simple tailor who has been called to perform work no-one else seems to desire to do at the moment.

The "Church of Gobaith" has nothing to do with my 'former' church from Salkamar. However, I see it as a way to fulfill my original mission: to lay the undead to rest.

I formed the church to resemble a 'confederacy' of loose groups "Parishes" to work together in common like a ladder with rungs. Separate, but equal.

The title "Avatar" was better than a title of "High Priest" for representing 5 "Elder" Gods. However, upon further reflection, perhaps that title is too strong for this position. I shall change it.

It will be changed to "Elder" to reflect the "Elder" position it holds, my "Elven" background, and the "Elder" Gods.

Thank you for pointing this out, and thank others for talking about this issue within the church.

~Father Thyme
Elder of the "Church of Gobaith"
Maeglin Telemmaite

De chen stens Bura.((its romanian for those who dont know))

The drow of the old world~
Nerian Finera

Post by Nerian Finera »

Father Thyme,

I hereby request to remove the list of Malachíns follower from your board. There already is a community of the silver lord that holds his doctrines. As High Priest of Malachín who has been in service for nearly a whole decade I will not accept another community of Malachín. Furthermore I do not recognize Logrin Parr as High Priest, since he has never proven his knowledge to those who have been studying the Silver Lord.

Nerian Finera,
High Priest Of Malachín,
Earl Of The Grey Rose
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Father Thyme,

It should be noted that the monks of the Credii question the validity of Aldan Vian as 'abbott' of Eldan. The fact that his theories and preachings have none of the authoratative power of the Credii behind them makes us deeply concerned, especially given the fact he is to preach around OUR monastery. Let it be known, that the Credii are the only people who may preach the word of Eldan at his sacred Monastery, for only we are capable of avoiding the heresies of modernism and populism.

I agree with Earl Finera on the subject, that if the de jure order which gives authentication to the priests does not agree with the appointment of a priest to their God, then they should not be allowed to preach as their representative. I feel this can only lead to the watering-down of religion throughout this isle, and when the order on the mainland hears of this heresy they shall not stand for it. The Credii will not join this new 'cult' for so long as non-Credii represent Eldan or preach at our Monastery as if it were their own.

Eldan's Blessings,

Expleti A. Carthusiana
Tuatha De Oldrann

Dear Nerian Finera, and Expleti Carthusiana,
To the High Priest of Malachin and the Creedii,

The Parishes to Malachin and Eldan shall remain as they are within our church. We understand that you have worked many years to create a community of followers, however, how has that fared? I have not seen them.

The reason the Eldan Monastary has fallen into disrepair again is because of narrow-minded 'followings like yours.

Your followers are few, your "Religious Orders" not worthy the title of "Guild" nor are they capable to repair a simple monastary, which is now owned by the Archduke of TrollsBane anyway. The Creedii trespass now.

Churches and 'Orders' have failed in the past because of narrow views such as you two represent. We would not want to confine ourselves to one God, nor one place, but to serve all Gods and followers in an open-minded purpose for all of Gobaith.

Just as the Grapes on the Vine wither in winter, so have your Orders seen their better days pass. I rebuke thee and urge you to stop, invert thy Craniums from thy Rectums, and see that we are trying to do what no other church has done in the past, or had the courage to do.

The Gods care not if there are 2 or 100 worshippers or churches in their names. So, begone with your insults, slander and narrow-views. They fall upon deaf ears here. I rebuke thee!

In Stern admonishment,
~Father Thyme
Elder of the "Church of Gobaith"
Tuatha De Oldrann

By strange chance, we have recruited our new High Priest of Nargun "The Lord of Chaos" - Reverend Father Liscal Guldrap.

The Lord of Chaos is chance, pure and raw luck.

The Fisherman who catches a shark today, may catch a 50 lb fish tomorrow.

The Mother who prays for a baby Girl, gets twin girls.

The poor man who wins the lottery, and becomes rich!

Chance, Luck, Providence....Serendipity. All these are known to this God, and we pray for enlightenment and some good luck for all in the future.

In Humble thanks,
~Father Thyme