Noble peoples of Gobaith! Hear our call! ((Deutsch auch!))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tuatha De Oldrann

Noble peoples of Gobaith! Hear our call! ((Deutsch auch!))

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Hail Noble peoples!

I and others are forming the "Church of Gobaith" which will represent all Gods and Goddesses in an organized format, and with Good and neutral Missions to benefit the people of Gobaith.

We plan to feed the poor, clothe them, spread knowledge and scribe Books, Build Chapels and set the Dead to rest, among a host of tasks.

We seek Priests ((Role-players)), Monks ((Crafters, Collectors)), and Paladins ((Warriors)) for each God or Goddess ((Only one please!)).

All ye who wish to join us in our work, send a dove to me, and I shall hold meetings to administer the Oath and begin our great work!

In Humble Service and Prayer,
~Father Justin N. Thyme,
Church of Gobaith

((I need a Priest, Monk or Paladin. Pick a God or Goddess to serve. The difference is a Priest will RP more, and a Monk will collect and craft more, and a Paladin will fight.

I Need:
Character Name (for the Guild formation):
Forum Account Name (also):
Preferred Position:
Diety Followed:

Ideas for service –
A follower of Cherga rests the Undead with chapels and cemetaries

A follower of Elara could copy and collect information, making books and such.

A follower of Eldan will represent all 5 of them Elder Gods........so also need ideas for them. For Game balance-a Priest for one Elder God will represent all 5 in this church. It gives the Younger Gods more voice.

The organization I already have planned will prove exciting and comprehensive. many players will be able to gain title, responsibility and direction. Thanks.))
Last edited by Tuatha De Oldrann on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Grüsse edle Leute,

eine Gruppe von ehrenwerten Menschen, unter anderem auch ich, bilden zur Zeit die "Kirche Gobaith's". In eben dieser Kirche wird jede erhabene Gottheit einen Vertreter haben, welcher mit göttlichem Wohlwollen den Menschen Gobaith's beistehen wird, in guten wie in schlechten Zeiten.

Die Aufgaben der göttlichen vVertreter sind von überaus edler Natur; die Pflichten bestehen darin, den Bedürftigen Speis und eine warme Decke an kalten Tagen zu reichen, gar göttliches Wissen zu verbreiten, dieses Wissen in Büchern niederzuschreiben und nicht zu vergessen, heilige Kapellen zu errichten und die Toten zu bestatten, wie es ihnen zusteht.

Für diese eben genannt, ehrenhafte Aufgaben werden heilige Priester ((RP'er)), fleissige Mönche ((Sammler, Handwerker)) und mächtige Paladine ((Kämpfer)) ein jeder erhabenen Gottheit benötigt. ((Nur eine(r)))

Ein jeder, welcher sich diesen gar heiligen Aufgaben berufen fühlt, möge mir einen zahmen Vogel schicken und wenn ihr sodenn auserwählt seid, so habt ihr die Ehre und Pflicht, den heiligen Eid abzulegen und mit den Aufgaben zu beginnen.

Neigt euer Haupt vor den Götern,
Im demütigstem Dienste und Gebete,
~Vater Justin N. Thyme~
Kirche von Gobaith

(( Ich benötige einen Priester, Mönch oder Paladin. Eure Götter müsst ihr schon selber wählen. Ein Priester wird mehr RP'en [jedenfalls bis zum Priestersystem], ein Mönch wird mehr Sammeln [z.B. Spenden] und Arbeiten und ein Paladin wird eher in heilige Schlachten ziehen

I brauche:
-Den Characternamen
-Forums Name
-Bevorzugte Position
-Eure Gottheit

Dienste könnten wie folgt aussehen:

-Cherga's Anhänger werden die Untoten zur letzten Ruhe betten
-Elaras Anhänger sammeln und bewahren Informationen und scheriben Bücher.
-Eldananhänger rpresäntieren die Fünf Alten Götter.
-Das Ganze könnte sehr nervenautreibend sein, vor allem die Organisation. Viele Spieler können mitmischen. Für weitere Ideen bin ich gerne offen...
Danke fürs Lesen.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

seid gegrüsst, ehrenwerter Vater Justin N. Thyme,

mit Interesse las ich Euren Aushang und wünsche Euch für Euer Vorhaben den Beistand und Segen der Fünf.
Eure Absichten und Pläne sind äussert löblich, doch könnt Ihr Euch den Bau von Kapellen für einige der Götter sparen, da bereits Altare vorhanden sind:

den Schrein Malachins findet Ihr in der Grauen Zuflucht
der Schrein Usharas befindet sich im Falkners Hain im Nordwald
ein Schrein Eldans ist im Kloster im Westen der Insel zu finden
ein Tempel Tanoras wurde bereits im Südosten der Insel errichtet

Weitere Altare mögen vorhanden sein, entziehen sich allerdings ad hoc meiner Kenntnis.

Solltet Ihr jedoch Hilfe für Euer Vorhaben benötigen, wendet Euch gern an mich, die Druiden des Waldes stehen gern - so weit es ihnen möglich ist - mit Rat und Tat zur Seite.

hochachtungsvoll
~ Aurora Mahirimah ~
Medico
Druide des Waldes

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

be greeted, honourable Father Justin N. Thyme,

with interest I read your parchment and for your plans I wish you the guidance and blessing of the Five.
Your plans are really honourable, however time and silver for the building of chapels can be spared, as there are already shrines existing:

the shrine of Malachin can be found in the 'Grey Refuge'
the shrine of Ushara is situated at Falkners Hain in the Northern woods
a shrine of Eldan can be found in the monastry in the western part of the isle
a teple of Tanora has already been built in the south-east of the isle.

Further shrines may be existing, however I cannot say for sure right now.

If however you need help for your plans I am gladly awaiting your dove, the Druids of the Forest are willing to help, as far as they are able to.

yours faithfully
~ Aurora Mahirmah ~
medico
druid of the forest
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

Werter Vater Justin Thyme,

Lasst mich Euch sagen, dass die großen
Religionen Gobiath sich bereits im
Konzil des Glaubens vereint haben.

Desweitern befindet sich der Schrein
des Weltenschmieds Irmorom im
Königreich zu Silberbrand.

Gezeichnet

Ferin Zwergenblut
Wahrer des Glaubens Irmorom
Tuatha De Oldrann

Senrin der Ältere wrote:Werter Vater Justin Thyme,

Lasst mich Euch sagen, dass die großen
Religionen Gobiath sich bereits im
Konzil des Glaubens vereint haben.

Desweitern befindet sich der Schrein
des Weltenschmieds Irmorom im
Königreich zu Silberbrand.

Gezeichnet

Ferin Zwergenblut
Wahrer des Glaubens Irmorom
Ja, Danke bruder Ferin,

Enschuldig, mein alte sprache ist nicht so gut. Irmorom ist ein Zwerge Gott, und der Schrein ist da. Wir eine 'cemetary' wurden gebaut fur die Zwergen folk, und fragen Ihr fur helfen auch.

Ich glaube wir kann freunden seid. Ich wurde mit du getreffen und wir kann dieses gesprechen.

Dank sehr,
~Vater J. N. Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

Silas Farron wrote:Dear Mister Thyme,

Should I find out that any follower of Moshran serves your cause, I shall not waste any time to hunt all of your members down and end your "mission".

-High Judge Silas Farron
Baron of Midlands
High Mage of the Academy
High Judge Farron,

Followers of any God or Goddess are welcome, however in the case of Moshran, you are quite correct to be fearful. Allow me to say, that any follower of Moshran shall be 'interviewed' very carefully, and character references required, and that person to be of Good or Neutral alignment, free of criminal encumbrances. I will take all precautions to allow only the 'positive' aspects of Moshran to become used. Every God has a 'positive' side, believe me. Even in total darkness, there is light.

If you fail to grasp the idea of using 'Evil' toward Good purpose, I would humbly ask for a private meeting on the matter, and I shall gladly enlighten you. Perhaps this 'idea' may be useful in your own work as a Judge.

Threats are unnecessary, and I am sure we can understand each other before we allow misunderstanding to prevail. Let us meet as men, learn as men, and behave...as men. I ask for your patience and faith that we will not allow a 'Black Wolf' within the fold of Faith.

In Humble Prayer and Service,
~Father J. N. Thyme
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

A church of Gobaith...

How often i had listen such words on this Isle now? 'The Pantheon' was also such project, which is going down with its ideas.

I am Lennier, the Souvereign of all in the Grey Refuge and Grandmaster of the Grey Rose, the protectors of the Shrine of Malachin.

I say, Malachin and Ushara are my Lords and sometimes i also pray to an other. I allways would spent my capacities to help everyone to build a new temple.

But never i will accept a common temple of all. Every of our Lords is worth to get an own temple, only to pray to the one Lord.

I never will accept that any organisation try to build up something, that lowers the holy authority of the old shrines and temples.

I never will accept any organisation, that treat me and my friends to pray to our god and in same time other people pray on the same spot to an other one...

Such temple will never see my big feets inside.

And i never will allow, how the whole public get threaten every day with a temple in our towns, where the unspeakable has a place. An organisation, which compare paladins of the gods with poor souls of the Lord of blood, will not find a friend in my person.

~Lennier
Souvereign of the Grey Refuge,
Grandmaster of the Grey Rose~
Last edited by Lennier on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

J. N. Thyme,

be informed, that the Nordmark worships Our Lady Tanora, the Mighty Warrior Malachin and the High Lord of Crafting Irmorom!

no shrines for other gods shall be built on Nordmark soil.
and who befoules our holy groves by worshiping outlandish gods on these sacred places, has to clean them with his blood.

Tjalf Kormson, Jarl of the Dragonclan, Co-Leader of Nordmark
Rothonor Lyralis

Post by Rothonor Lyralis »

~A note is pinned upon the board~

There is much knowledge to be gained from all the gods, none of us know their true purpose or what their final will shall be. A priest of Moshran I fear would always be a danger to others as it is thought that the 'blood lord' only teaches knowledge to those who are of pure evil. What harm is there in a church for all, that the many septs of faith may further their understanding of their own gods counterparts. If orc and man can be at peace as they have in the past, man and elf can be foe's then friends but think that their own gods will not seek vengeance upon them, it is wrong and unjustifiable of you to say that priests of any deity may not ally to further their own goals and indeed part and become enemies should they disagree. Only once ths church has been established and set to work do I believe that we may judge it's well meant actions.

~Rothonor~
Tuatha De Oldrann

Hail Lords of the Northmark, Grey Refuge and others,

I fear we are being misunderstood, because of assumptions that we are like churches of the past. I am new here, and do not know this history, but we are nothing like other churches. Our church is divided into "Independent" parishes, which concentrate on their Diety, and a Mission for the Church as a whole. The local Diety is "Sacred" to us. Let me provide an example of our Mission.

Example 1:
The Nordmark worships Malachin, Tanora and Irmorom:

Good, we will help YOU build a temple to those for only their worship. We will also help YOU build a cemetary as well, for YOUR honored dead. We will provide Food and clothing for YOUR poor. We may provide Priests, Monks and Paladins of MALACHIN, TANORA and IRMOROM only. Nothing else.

Example 2:
The Grey Refuge worships Malachin and Ushara:

Good, we will help YOU build a temple to those for only their worship. We will also help YOU build a cemetary as well, for YOUR honored dead. We will provide Food and clothing for YOUR poor. We may provide Priests, Monks and Paladins of MALACHIN and USHARA only. Nothing else.

Have I made our cause plain? Have I calmed fears. Our mission is to help Gobaith bring all the Gods back into the world again, bring organization and respect back to the Priesthood, and allow the Gods the respect from their followers they deserve.

Our Mission is just, and our motives altruistic and selfless. If these simple examples cannot enlighten you, I will not further talk, but act, and through action, perhaps one can see the truth when it was hidden before.

I pray for understanding and wisdom to prevail,
~Avatar Justin N. Thyme
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I have never read wiser and truer words from a halfling before. I also do not condone a "corporation" that regulates our religion. I do not care if you would like to help every religion in building up temples, or in their worship, for you cannot help if you do not understand the fundamental differences in each god. How can I allow help from an organisation that affiliates with Nargun and Moshran?

I am sorry, but any elf in your organisation, shall not be an elf I talk to with respect when they walk upon the lands of Vanima, the lands granted to the elves by the Five. This heresy, by talking of a combined effort between priests of entirely different gods, is something that I truly cannot begin to fathom.

May the Five protect me from your influence, "father" Thyme,

-Alandur Allithyn
Lortz Hacum

Post by Lortz Hacum »

~a note is scribbled on a tattered piece of leather and nailed to the board~

As a priest of Cherga I must say that I too worry about their being allowed into this 'church' any follower of the 'Blood God'. It is not in their nature to be remotely good toward others and I fear that their presence would be detrimental to the church's plans.

Given my beliefs, I find a simple neutrality toward any other being regardless of what Deity they follow. It is my duty to assist my beloved goddess in taking the spirits of the fallen so that she may guide them onward to their designated resting place.

My only concern is that these priests of the 'blood god' will attempt to offer those souls to their grim master to meet their own ends. Priests of Cherga and of Moshran are opposites in all parts of their beliefs and practices.

I pray daily that I may receive some enlightenment on these matters. As yet, my prayers have not been answered.

~Lortz~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Mister Thyme and Lord Silas Farron,

Southfields shall also pledge it's support against any and all cultists and their supporters.
We shall never accept evil on this island.

~Lord Roland Ross,
Baron of Southfields~
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I think many of you get the wrong idea about the listing of Moshran in this new temple. Moshran is one of the gods and therefore should at least be acknowlaged and understood. He may be the god of blood and bones and associated with the cultists, but he is also a god of battle and prayed to by some orc tribes. If by chance a member of the cult (that was unknown to being a cult member) happened upon joining this temple, I assure you, as soon as it is seen that his or her actions are proved to be disagreeable to that of this temple I shall see that they are removed by Father Thyme.

The object of this organization is to unite followers of the various gods and will allow people who wish to learn more about the gods a place to seek asistance. This temple also allows those who do follow gods a chance to work in their god or goddess' name. I hope this will at least be viewed as a noble cause even if at one point we are unlucky enough to accidently meet a cultist in our ranks. There is always a chance of one bad egg in a dozen.

If you do decide to hunt down the church because some dark cultist appears in our ranks, I ask you to leave the majority of the church out of it. You would not murder a priestess of Sirani or a monk of Adron would you?

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Moshran has forsaken all races, and I do not understand how you can even defend him still. He is one of the gods, there is no denying that, but gods are not by default acknowledged. I can understand how a human does not understand the full extent of Moshran's deceit and lies, but know this, any elf will know. And any elf, that knows his or her heritage will acknowledge this fact.

-Alandur Allithyn-
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Faddhur save yoor coward gods along with dis world, and dis beh how yoos show gratitude? By nub eben honoring him for the great being that He is? And yoos call yoorsulf smart.. no wundar dat Faddhur never smile upon yoos.
Yoos sulld beh ashamed.

For da clan, for Faddhur!
Warlord Rogruk!
Tuatha De Oldrann

Alandur Allithyn,

I fail to understand where your 'authority' comes from. I have posted my letter from my former church of the All-Mother, in the Kingdom of Salkamere, from which I declare openly, my authority.

You also presume to speak for all elves, which you do not. Know, that I am a spry 3200 year old elf. I have seen 'cults' and noble movements start and die at the hands of such ignorance and deceit, yeah even from my own kind.

Do not presume to speak for all elves, nor for all Gods, and most certainly not for our Church. There are brave and noble persons here who understand the simple logic of using followers of Moshran to expose his powers and knowledge of the undead, and necromancy, for our Good. Like a soldier-filled merchantman, we shall sail close to the 'Undead' pirates, and defeat them where they hide. This is the power available to us, if we just use wisdom and try where others have failed.

I have seen much, and had training by several masters of worship, both human and elven, even Master Lethurgis of Salkamere, who as you may know conducted unpopular experiments upon the undead, and was finally vindicated when he exorcised a zombie from it's body. The logic of acknowledging Moshran with the other Gods is self-evident. Neither you, the Credii, nor even Mr. Silas Farron will change this 'natural' common sense.

Continue to waste energy with your criticism and threats, I shall not yield to half-crazed passions. Your criticisms do not hold authority nor sense, and hurt your cause. It's always best to wait and see what happens. When cooler heads prevail, so does wisdom.

In sincere assertiveness,
~Father Justin N. Thyme
Avatar of the "Church of Gobaith"
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Silas Farron wrote:Dear Mister Thyme,

It appears that you understood me wrong.
My statement was not a threat, but a mere fact. Should any dark cultist join your cause, I shall do anything possible to hunt your "church" down to the last man.
I will also not engage on discussions about the relativity of the Blood God's alignment - You have been warned.

Believe the word of a man.

High Judge Silas Farron
Baron of Midlands
High Mage of the Academy
Silas, Yer a bloomin' arse! Ye get yer way when ye bully yer way around, eh? Well, If ye try ta kill everyone in this new chruch, ye'll have to come for me too, and I'll kick yer arse!

I don't take kindly to bullys, and this guy's gettin' on me nerves.

Father Thyme,

I ask ta be a servant of Irmorom. I aint no good at that preachy stuff, but I can make armor, weapons and other stuff. I also kick arse's of people tha' deserve it! Arr!

List me as a Paladin or Monk. I don' care which.

Lord Chester Copperpot
Tuatha De Oldrann

Lord Copperpot,

Welcome. I would ask 'restraint' with these critics. They know not what we do. I am sending you a dove on details, but with your 'manner', perhaps a Paladin would be best for you.

Again, welcome and I hope to see you at our meeting in Trollsbane in 4 dwarven days.
((Sunday 8pm GMT))

In humble thanks and appreciation,
~Father Justin N. Thyme
Avatar of the "Church of Gobaith"
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

We havinks been invitinks too and joined this new church, we hopinks others will follow our examplesks and do the same. May the Father, saviour of Illarion bless you who are blinded from his gloriesks.

Shaman Grakir, High Priest of the Father
Kianna Wolfsbane, Abbess of the Father
Warlord Rogruk, Guardian of the Father
Last edited by Bellringer on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Bellringer wrote:We havinks been invitinks too and joined this new church, we hopinks others will follow our examplesks and do the same. May the Father, saviour of Illarion bless you who are blinded from his gloriesks.

Shaman Grakir, High Priest of the Father
Kurga Wolfsbane, Abbess of the Father
Warlord Rogruk, Guardian of the Father
Correction: The Abbess is Kianna Kurganov Wolfbane. All three of these were duly researched, interviewed and vouched as persons of good, lawful character.

Reverend Father Grakir is a Goblin of wise words and thoughts, who believes the 'Father' encourages loyalty, gives blessings during the hunt, and keeps all aware of their own mortality, not by evil means, but with natural consequences of the fight for survival.

The "Father" is misunderstood, and has been used by 'Evil' Orcs for 'Evil" purposes. These three represent the Good we can see in the "Father", Honor, Loyalty, Truth and Justice.

May we all allow them to prove their value in this mission, and the 'righteousness' of this wisdom.

In Humble Prayer,
~Father ThymeAvatar of the Church of Gobaith