A vote for no more voting?

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mark Strongarm

A vote for no more voting?

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I put this parchment for all to sign who think that there should be a vote to decide if there will be no more elections for Governor, since I think an elected governor should need such consensus before he eliminates the process. Please sign here if you are a citizen of Trollsbane and agree.

Mark Strongarm
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Voting has NOT been eliminated, Simply changed.
~Unsigned~
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

I disagree as well..

Liam Heneghan

Count of Oakwood Shire
And an important person in lots of other things..
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The governor has complete authority when elected.
Therefore, I Disagree that a vote is needed for this subject.

~Roland Ross~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Don't bother Mark, all the people Edward bribed with land and fancy names will come running here to say "no", as has already been shown. Though I am a bit disappointed in him. Edward could've easily made those slices of land smaller, and squeeze in a few more, to bribe a couple more shameless people into joining up .. I thought he was an expert in such matters.

F
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

There ain't no need fer this vote, so we ain't havin' it. Yer knighthood keeps interferin', I think it should mind its place, an' stop rabble-rousin'.

The guv'nor decided, and it was legitamate 'cos 'e was elected, weren't 'e.

-Rolfe Yeoman, Citizen of Trollsbane
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

A vote for the dissolution of the knighthood?

Just a suggestion, with precisely the same amount of influence as the vote you are suggesting, Mister non-citizen Strongarm.

Furthermore, when you try to second-guess my decisions, I would appriciate that you would at the very least comprehend the nature and manner of the reforms, before you pointlessly call for a poll over something which I have already stated to continue in the future. It would be much less embarassing for yourself as well.

Just to summarize for those who are not blessed with the ability to extract information from complex sentences, and to deal with the matter for once and for all:

There will be an election.
Election campaign wrote:The industrious, courageous and active citizens who are willing to involve themselves in the affairs of Trollsbane shall be rewarded and raised above those who do not.
I am merely fulfilling my campaign promises. I encourage the good citizens of the town to be cautious, as yet again outside forces are attempting to meddle with the internal affairs of our town to further their own influence and keep the town divided and weak. Is this the neutrality your Knighthood so values, Mister Strongarm?

Lord Cromwell
The First Archduke of Trollsbane
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

You claimed that our land belongs to Trolls Bane, therefore you meddled first. Keep off our land and we will stop meddling for our neutrality will have been restored.

Dantagon Marescot
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

You build on our land and expect to enforce the law on our land, thus I consider it to be neutrality that the law applies on you as well. Trust has to be a two way street.

I have sent Mister Strongarm a most fair and reasonable suggestion for a contract many weeks ago, yet I received no response. The lack of response is understandable, as I also know that the knighthood has already been plotting against me.. Yes, Dantagon. I know of your plans to remove me from power.

Plans which were made well before these reforms were made public, or you had any clue of them. How is that as neutrality for you, Mister Marescot? I eagerly wait for you to explain this most honorable and honest approach to our debate. Now you knights are merely trying to incite unrest in the town, to further support their treacherous and bloody schemes..

I was the one who extended my hand to your knighthood, Mister Marescot, and as a thanks I have a bunch of knights working and acting behind my back like petty thieves. If Mister Strongarm has been witholding the contract from you, I recommend you discuss with him before taking any futile attempt to overthrow me.

Regards,
Lord Cromwell
The First Archduke of Trollsbane
Dantagon Marescot

What are you talking about? When have I told anyone I intended to overthrow you. Why are you accusing me of such things? I could care less about you, I just want the castle to not be part of Trolls Bane. It was built before you became govenor. If that means I have to sit with a bucket of cold water to throw at passing guards, so be it.

Dantagon Marescot
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Mr. Cromwell wrote: I am merely fulfilling my campaign promises. I encourage the good citizens of the town to be cautious, as yet again outside forces are attempting to meddle with the internal affairs of our town to further their own influence and keep the town divided and weak. Is this the neutrality your Knighthood so values, Mister Strongarm?
Kind of like how you bring in outside people to be the "armed forces"? Ones that openly gloated a few months back about how much damage they had done to the town (though in reality it was very little, that is the nature of a big ego).

F
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

If the knighthood's intention was to somehow convince me that their "neutrality" is a good or desirable thing, you have truly shown your wisdom by first ignoring my letter, then plotting against me, and then making attempt to meddle with the town affairs and incite the similarly-uninformed people into some wave of protest.

Marvellous.

I quite don't care when the fort was built. Our unwavering position is that it was built on TB soil (confirmed by even your claim of a 'contract') and thus by default subject to Trollsbane's laws. I don't even understand what the big fuss is about from your side, and am deeply disappointed by the lack of moral reciprocality and and the general behaviour of a five year olds. I truly do not understand the desire to be 'neutral' while sitting on someone else's land, and enforcing their laws. You do not have a contract with the town in currently, and I have offered a very very reasonable one to correct the situation. The contract would have ensured mutual lack of interferance and allowed the knighthood to expand the fort at will (except to the direction of the road, which would have remained unblocked). Trollsbane would have recognized the knighthood's right to administer the claimed area with the full, broad rights over property which property-owners enjoy and have the independence in their operations as long as these are not directed against Trollsbane or their allies, to mention a few. In turn, the knighthood would have recognized the fact that the lands in question undeniably and permanently fall under Trollsbane law.

I have no intention to take your castle away from your group, Dantagon.. however, I have every intention to make any arrangements between us to be firmly two-way in nature and discourage this kind of knee-jerk meddling in our affairs that Mister Strongarm seems to be committed to. This is precisely why I think that a neutral fort, filled with hostile knights but without the town's legal reach is a bad idea.

You don't have a contract with the town, I offered one, but you apparently couldn't care less about having good relations with your partners either.

Lord Cromwell
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Cromwell will be finished off if he acts outside of his jurisdiction.

So will the Knighthood.

-
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

It was just a simple question, I've only read a few replies. The uproar a simple inquisition has made does make me a little nervous. But so far I have nothing against the new rules for Trollsbane (keeping in mind I still hope to discuss the issue of our Castle Mr. Cromwell, our knighthood meeting on the matter is on the 10th). I was just curious, anyhow I wont be looking to this segment of the walls anymore, I've posted a new parchment I hope is more clear on my intentions. My appologies if this note seemed aggresive, but I really don't think it was.

Mark Strongarm
Last edited by Mark Strongarm on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dantagon Marescot

What contract? When did you suggest a contract? I have seen evidence of none.

Dantagon Marescot
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Bloody politics...

((edit:)) unsigned. ((forgot to add just to clarify))
Last edited by Tanistian_Kanea on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

Maybe a war could sort this out...?

Unsigned