Announcements and Decrees of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

I agree.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A figure walks up to the Wanted Poster of the elf Wrath and takes it down, placing a new one in it's place. One can notice an additional 10 silver is added to the bounty, and 5 shall be given if he is dead.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Ayla To'lorn, former citizen of the town, has renewed her citizenship on this day.

Also, pending further clearance from the Archduke she has expressed interest (and subsequently paid) in the land near the Adron Lake. A small patch of land, of course, in the area marked I.

And last, the land marked V. that was formally given to Joxia Doral and taken during her inactivity by Liam has regained it's former owner. The baroness has returned and after a brief talk with her, I believe it's fair that she is given temporary reinstatement. Of course, the three notions above will await the approval of the Archduke.

Signed,
Lord Julius Rothman
Chancellor of Trolls Bane
Mr. Cromwell

Motley of announcements

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Ayla To'lorn has been accepted as a citizen. The situation with the aforementioned land area will need to be cleared up with me first. A letter shall do.

Joxia Doral has indeed returned on the island, and has been welcomed back as the Baroness of Riverside.

Baroness Furnir has expressed interest in changing West Strand to Oakwoodshire. Her request has been granted, thus Baroness Furnir is now the (Second) Baroness of Oakwoodshire.

Eli Travinus has given an oath of loyalty to the Archduchy, and is thus declared as the (Second) Baron of West Strand. Congratulations to Baron Travinus.

Lord Cromwell
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Attention!
The wolf, with a black ribbon and vial tied around her neck and who is accompanying Lady Ashayen Cromwell is tame and harmless unless provoked. Harming her is strongly forbidden and will be punished.

Furthermore, the Citizenship list is updated.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Out of pure interest... When will the nominations start?

Liam Heneghan
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Announcements

Joxia Doral and Fayne Furnir have gained the rank of Countess, and shall be known henceforth as Countess Doral of Riverside and Countess Furnir of Oakwoodshire.

Lord Cromwell
Last edited by Mr. Cromwell on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Nominations

Dear nobles, citizens and whoever else it may concern

As I pledged in the very beginning of the reforms, there would be time when I shall step down, handing over the responsibilities of the Archduke to someone else. Though, some of you may have doubted this intitially, I am glad to announce that the moment of my abdication is getting closer by every passing day. An important milestone in this process is the nominations for the election candidates, which begins now. During the next few days, I hope that those Nobles of Trollsbane who consider themselves to have the necessay ability, personality and vision to successfully lead the Archduchy shall step forward, and announce their willingness to take the burden on their shoulders.

During this nomination period, I hope to finalize the Ducal Chapter of Trollsbane, to cement the current social order and the reforms which have taken place, and to create a chapter which makes the rights of the nobles and the rights of the Archduke more clear than they have thus far been. One change I feel necessary to announce now, is the fact that in the future the singe Archducal term is shortened to two dwarven months, as I feel that this creates more activity and decreases the stress on the Archduke himself, thus ensuring more active rule.

List of Nobles

The following nobles are eligible to vote and be voted as the Archduke:

Julius Rothman, Duke of Eastmark
Edward Cromwell, Count of Northbridge (Archduke)
Fayne Furnir, Countess of Oakwoodshire
Joxia Doral, Countess of Riverside
Silas Farron, Count of Midlands
Roland Ross, Baron of Southfields
Eli Travinus, Baron of West Strand

The nobles shall announce their candidacy here or inform the Archduke in person, no nominations are accepted. While it might be good in a mob-rule to somehow pretend reluctancy or hesitation when having political aspirations, this is wholly unnecessary here. Those who desire to become the Archduke instead of the Archduke shall take the step forward themselves.

The nominations last until the noon of 11. Bras, after which the elections begin. The elections shall take place immediately thereafter.

Lord Edward Cromwell, the Archduke

((Nominations close on Fri 05/12, 21:00 Cromwell Time))
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I believe I am best fit for the position so therefore, I declare myself eligible for candidacy.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Last edited by Julius on Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

// Scratched off
Last edited by LifeWonder on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julius

Post by Julius »

As Edward stated, only nobles are able to step forward and declare themselves eligible.

The note is left unsigned.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

He also stated no nominations are accepted. So I guess that rules out both Joxia and Julius currently.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Julius

Post by Julius »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:Nominations

The nobles shall announce their candidacy here
or inform the Archduke in person, no nominations are accepted.
Dantagon Marescot

Mr. Cromwell wrote:Nominations

The nobles shall announce their candidacy here or inform the Archduke in person, no nominations are accepted.
Julius wrote:I believe I am best fit for the position so therefore, I nominate myself for candidacy.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Aye, rush to cross off your words, Julius. But I know better.

Dan
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I have no intention of insulting any of those nobles who were declared eligible for the position of archduke... but you, Cromwell, write here that only those people who happened to have the money at the time, and were able to run to you first are eligible to run trollsbane? Should the position of archduke be given to those most capable, and not those who are the richest, or those who manage to find you first?
Dunno... sounds like a better idea to me.

Altrix

PS: now we shall just wait until my 'fanclub' follows along and says that i am saying that i wish to be the next governor... i have no intention of it, so dont waste your ink
Last edited by bdgdkay on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Altrix..

I was there when the system was took in effect and, at least then, we only took people who we considered able of the position and the duties it brings.. Now I will admit that there has been one or two mistakes.. But not everything is perfect.

Liam
Fayne Bridgewater

Post by Fayne Bridgewater »

I hereby announce my candidacy. I don't claim to be any better, nor any worse a choice than my opponent, Julius Rothman, but I would like to be ~another~ choice. Let it rest in the hands of the nobles to make the decision.

Lady Fayne Furnir
Countess of Oakwood Shire
Julius

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

Though, I do not take kindly to death threats from your side of the campaign, I consider you and I at least friendly. I look forward to a debate between you and I and hopefully, a good election.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Lord Rothman,
I wish to know who has threatened you with death. I do hope they are not a noble.

~ Sir Roland Ross ~
Fayne Bridgewater

Post by Fayne Bridgewater »

There have been no death threats from me, Lord Rothman, that you know. I will not get down in the mud with you, I've not insulted you in the least, so let's end that here.

Lady Furnir
Countess of Oakwood Shire
Julius

Post by Julius »

I believe you, Lady Furnir. Your side of the campaign meaning, those who support you. Please excuse me if I were unclear in my words. As I said, hopefully you and I will be able to hold a good debate in front of the nobles, should you wish it.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Dantagon Marescot

I shall make this quick and simple. Julius' words of death threats are created by mixing up words I have said to him. I was speaking of important buisness which just so happened to be infront of the gates of Trolls Bane. We were right in the door way and Julius comes along and states that it is illegal to congegate there. I let him know it isn't and he insisted that if there were an emergancy, our standing there could lead to peoples deaths. I stated that I could careless expecially if it ended in his death.

The only other threat I made against Julius was because he kept interupting the important buisness with stupid jokes about how he should be running Bane in these desparate times. If Julius had the mind to pay attention to what was being said, he would realize that what was being spoken about was the safety of Bane and that if he wants to be archduke, he should be conserned about it. Because he would not stop talking, I in my irritation, told him to either shut his mouth or I would send someone to cut out his tongue.

This is the man who wants to become archduke, eh? What is he campaigning against besides his own ego? He is being chosen by the nobles, let us keep this between the nobles as I and my idol, provoked threats have nothing to do with the election.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Secession is the only answer.

F
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I would like to propose a Council Meeting to take place before the elections. This would be a time to discuss anything that the Council wishes to bring up, As well as have the candidates discuss what they wish to do. Does ((8:30 GMT, Friday, December 4)) at the Seahorse Manor suit everyone?

~Sir Roland Ross,
Baron of Southfields~
Julius

Post by Julius »

It suits me. I shall be there.

Signed,
Lord Rothman

((anything in the next week is iffy for me.))
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

I will be there.

~Lord Eli Travinus~
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

As will I.

Unsigned
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

(( Council meeting starts in about 15 minutes ))
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The Nominations are over.

Duke Rothman and Countess Furnir are the election candidates.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Has voting started yet?

~Sir Roland Ross,
Baron of Southfields~