Announcements and Decrees of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Archduke Cromwell,

I am saddened by the sale of our monastery from Sir Julius Rothman's hands to those of the newly-formed Archduchy of Trollsbane, not that I resent the city but in that the Credii were not informed. However, I hope that our monastery shall be allowed to flourish under Trollsbane's ownership and that the faith of Eldan continue to be lived out there - as I'm sure my brother and superior Expleti Cathari hopes too.

In all faith,

Expleti Anthony Carthusiana
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Greetings again Archduke Edward Cromwell.

I am really sorry for the pretty much unrelevant mix up with the count and the duke title but the question remains - why do you and the chancellor get the count title right away while all other have to wait?

And sure you have stated the reason for Julius title but is that really a good thing that one can get the duke title that fast just because he give a piece of land away? As someone implied - is that not pretty much like bying a title? If someone else want to pay let say 2 gold - will that person get the title right away as well? In that case please state that right away and make that clear for those who are willing to get the title as soon as possible as well.

I sure understand that the first edition of rules/laws would not be perfect but this time you actually break one of the rules - that is not the same I say. And one can wonder for what reason you break the rule? Why could not Julius wait like everybody else and you could have seen the land as payment for the titles instead?

The Knighthood of Gobaith is meant to protect the entire island of Gobaith and should not be forced to follow the laws of a town unless the members of the knighthood enters the town areas of course. And if the headquarter is in the area of Trollsbane then the Knighthood pretty much loose the neutrality.

You state that Trollsbane own the ground the castle is built upon and that Trollsbane laws are to be followed there. As far as I know all agree that the land previously was neutral and didn't belong to Trollsbane until you just decided that the area now belong to Trollsbane. What makes Trollsbane have more right to that area than the ones that built the castle with the promise of the neutrality of that area?

Yes you claim the land as it is now but why do you have to claim the land where the castle is built upon? As far as I know the former governors have agreed that the specifik land that the castle is built upon is to be considered neutral ground and therefore not to be claimed. You now seem to change this. Is this correct? If not - please explain your view of this.

Instead of wasting ink and not giving me any real answers please waste the ink to clarify what I wonder even if the words are not exactly correct all the time. Would have saved this parchment and the ink and parchment needed for you hopefully coming answer. I gladly give you the ink and parchments I have if you want some compensation for the wasted ink and parchments - just let me know.

Signed,
Frederick Hawkmoon
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Don't waste your ink, Fredrick. Cromwell will not give you any pleasant and clear answers to your questions. We did not have an official contract with town to show that the area belonged to us and not Trolls Bane. This is all that matters to Cromwell and will be all that matters until a new contract is agreed upon by both parties.

Dan
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

I learnt to read back in Albar, an' I can read jus' fine 'ere - but I don't think that wi' all 'is words Fredrick's sayin' anythin'. Senseless rabble-rousin' an' questionin' authority like this ought ter be banned, so it should. I don't agree wi' insubord'nance like this, an' neither should any moral cit'zen o' this 'ere town.

Rolfe Yeoman
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Nevermind I am staying and would still like to be a citizen the reason I was going to leave has been solved.

Aldan Vian
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Aldan Vian (again) and Jason Felarion are now also citizens of the beautiful town Trollsbane.

Liam Heneghan

*Another name has been scribbled under the others*

And Luc De'Paul..
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

I was able to contact Miss To'Lorn this eve and questioned her about the event in question. After a long talk, I believe that she shouldn't be unjustly pursued or attacked by any member of the guard or Armed Forces any longer. The previous watch/ban I placed on her has been lifted.

Thank you,
Sir Julius Rothman of Kallahorn
General of the Armed Forces
Duke of Eastmark
Weilanderus

Post by Weilanderus »

Ich mache die Herren von trolls bane darauf aufmerksam das bei der Strasse oberhalb der farmer's Union ein Ork sein Unwesen treibt.
Der Reisende um Geld und Leben bringen will.
Wäre es nicht sinnvoller diesen Ork zu jagen als Land zu okkupieren, unter dem Vorwand Räubereien zu verhindern?
Oder haben die hohen Herren von Troll's Bane gar bezahlt für diesem Ork, um einen Grund für die Erweiterungen ihrer Grenzen zu haben?

Es erscheint schwächlich wenn Orks in ihrer Umgebung lauern, banditen Troll's Bane direkt angreifen.Beseitigt erstmal das Chaos bevor ihr euer Chaos in andere Gebiete lenkt.

Gez. Agnir
Bürger Silberbrands

(Geschrieben vom Schreiber auf Diktat, ohne Verantwortung für den inhalt)
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Prison Break.
I fear I must report the bandit Wolf escaped jail last night. I was out of town because a bandit had taken Luc hostage and I was going to make sure he was safe. Later when I returned to town I saw the same bandit (an elfess) with Wolf outside of Eliza's. However I was incapable of capturing them.

Squire Jon Cain.
Recruit of the Troll's Bane Townguard
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

To all whom it may concern,

Due to Joxia Dorals absence, I take control of Riverside until further notice.

Signed
Liam Heneghan

Count of Oakwood Shire
Mr. Cromwell

LIAM HENEGHAN: WANTED

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOBAITH
LIAM HENEGHAN IS WANTED FOR THE FOLLOWING CRIMES

High Treason (Betrayal of the town, its government and sworn pledges with the intent to surpass the election process and overthrow the government)

Attempted murder, planned murder (Members of the Rothman family are encouraged to be particularly cautious)

Kidnapping, enslavement and torture (At least one count, possibly more)

Organization of and cooperation with the Bandits

Planned treason (Membership in a secret organization)

Other crimes may be added as the full extent of his deceit and treachery will be unraveled.

All his positions, lands and titles are taken away from by this decree. Furthermore, he is henceforth declared an outlaw. Thus any assistance to this man will be a criminal act, and may result in proscription of property or a lengthy prison sentence.

Furthermore, the city of Trollsbane is offering the reward of TWO GOLDPIECES for the capture of this man, dead or alive when he is handed over to the City, or to a third party if so designated by the Archduke. No questions asked. The person handing him over shall be given amnesty of any possible previous crimes.

My personal mistake is that the intelligence regarding his connection with the bandits was overlooked, as I dismissed the news as nothing more but work of jealous tongues. Allow me to express my most sincere apologies for that. Julius Rothman is made the new Chancellor of Trollsbane. The guard, the allies of Trollsbane, bounty-hunters, mercenaries and citizens are encouraged to track his whereabouts and attempt capture at every opportunity. However, he is not only armed and dangerous, but also treacherous and deceitful. Exercise extreme caution when apprehending the outlaw.

Information leading to his capture may also be rewarded.

Lord Cromwell
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

*A hastily written parchment is pinned below that of the Archduke*
Lord Cromwell, I don't think this be true at all. Lord Liam Heneghan is a most loyal subject o' Trollsbane, an' a good Count too. I think that too many tongues 'ave been wagging 'ere, an this ought to be sorted out, right.

I can't see no evidence for this, an' I stand by me role as Freeman o' Oakwood Shire and the Lord o' that there county. I don't believe this bein' true at all, an' I'm shocked to 'ear such lies, so I am.

Respectfully,

Rolfe Yeoman
Citizen of Trollsbane and Oakwood Shire
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

*A hooded man which is OBVIOUSLY not Liam, walks up and paints over it with red colour*

FREEDOM TO THE PEOPLE OF TROLLSBANE, DOWN WITH CROMWELL!
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Mister Yeoman,

While I shared your opinion until very lately, the recent actions and revelations regarding your master have greatly eroded my trust in him. If he is willing to turn himself without the need for such violence, I will show my typical merciful spirit and be more lenient than I otherwise would be.

Lord Cromwell

Cromwell shall step down within a dwarven month.
*This is clearly written for the red ink*
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings there,

I have found through my months with .. a close relationship with this man that he is not the loyal subject of Trolls Bane many may claim. His lies to my former Fiance and his recent actions towards my family are evidence of foul play. Not to mention the fact that they day Wolf was released and I chased him from the town walls with swords drawn, a look of confusion spread across his angry features. He claimed to me that former Chancellor Liam released him on terms of alignment.

Any how, instead of spending hours tossing back and forth arguments and evidence, let us as free people of Trolls Bane rejoice in this continued reforms now steady step forward. I shall do my best to honor Lord Cromwell's decision to give me this vacant and esteemed governmental position.

Signed,
Chancellor of Trolls Bane
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

This truely seems a bit odd. I thought Julius and Fianna were engaged to be married. Why would Liam wish to kill his future brother in law?

But although I believe there is something deeper in this to be understood, I shall not meddle and I shall not help. These are not my problems, only events which make me curious.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon

A quick note is scribbled underneither.

Never mind.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

*below is a roughly scribbled note*

You know who your friends are Liam.

~Wolf
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Oh my!

F
Julius

Post by Julius »

A small note is added under the poster, with rather large letters to make it stand out under the other.

Liam Heneghan is now wanted for the death and murder of Lairia Rothman. I offer a prize added to the 2 gold coins that Edward offered for his death or capture.

Signed,
Chancellor of Trolls Bane
Brother of a Fallen Sister
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

A short, stout figure throws an uninterested glance at the board. He frowns lightly at the sight of the latest one and approaches to add a small, unsigned note;

Might we have a description of so said Liam?
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

A small hooded man sees the posts and chuckles before writing something under it..

Just to make this more interesting.. I am quite short, I have bright blond hair, and blue eyes. I am rather muscular and usually I wield my poisoned blades. Have fun my friends.

L.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Stepping out of a tree's shadow as someone comes to pin the last parchment, the stout figure observes the persona walk off with a light, amused smile. He scans his surroundings hurriedly before he scribbles a last note under it and strays off.

I never said I was coming after you.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

He comes back after about a day and sees the new little line of text.. he tilts his head a bit before writing something new.

Then what?
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

An excellent judge of character, as usual, Mr. Cromwell.

F
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

A large note has been hung in front of the others.

Cromwell, I ask for a temporaral truce so we can discuss a proper peace so that no more have to suffer or die. And frankly, I am tired of running. I will be very open-minded in these negotiations, so please accept my request.

I await your reply.

Liam Heneghan
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Mister Heneghan

I must bitterly congratulate you for your skills in evading your would-be captors. Even though I feel that you should have brought back to Bane in chains, and know that eventually you would return in such fitting manner, I'm not certain if I am willing to extract the necessary price from the blood of my common people.

So, I mercifully accept your plead for truce.

The reward placed on Liam Heneghan by the Archduchy of Trollsbane shall be lifted for the duration of the negotiations, beginning now.

Lord Cromwell
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

ATTENTION
The Elf known as Wrath/Sipheous is wanted by
the authorities of Trollsbane for questioning.

A bounty of 5 silver well be payed to the person who arrests him ALIVE.
An additional bounty of 10 silver is now added on to this due to new information being brought to my attention.
The total bounty for him being brought to the authorities of Trollsbane ALIVE is now 15 silver.

5 Silver well be awarded for his head should he be killed in the process of capture.
Sir Roland Ross,
Baron of Southfields
Last edited by Evan Ross on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Evan Ross wrote:ATTENTION
The Elf known as Wrath/Sipheous is wanted by
the authorities of Trollsbane for questioning.

A bounty of 5 silver well be payed to the person who arrests him ALIVE.
Sir Roland Ross,
Baron of Southfields
Can't we get a silver or two if we kill him?

-
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

No. The bounty is only if he's alive. Of course, since he's been outlawed, If you wish to bring him in dead, you won't be arrested.

~Sir Roland Ross,
Baron of Southfields~
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Sounds fun.

-