Announcements and Decrees of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Voting begins!

Candidates are, in the order of most powerful title:

Duke Julius Rothman of Eastmark
Countess Fayne Furnir of Oakwoodshire

Voting:
Each noble shall cast their votes here, or send a letter to the archduke if they do not wish to make it public.

The voting ends on the last day of the current dwarven week. ((sun 14.12.08;20:00 cromwell time))

Lord Cromwell

((sorry, just.. stressed to death)
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Send their votes to the Archduke if they do not wish to make it public?

That's hilarious.

-
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

This was sssssooooo much easier when citizens could vote for which dumbo they wanted as govenor. No stressing over the fact that people might be bribed into bad decisions which will remove even more of our rights.

~unsigned~
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

I agree. But I believe all nobles, despite being granted more power than nobles should (considering they bought their titles and weren't elected by anyone) mark their vote in public so all the public can make count and we're sure there is no cheating.

-
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

To those posting below the Archduke,

You have not even given the Archduchy a chance, what has been so gods awful wrong with the government over the last months? Why is it you scrutinize the men and women that work so hard for you, the People? You cry corruption with no evidence. You say your rights are being taken away yet I for one will always listen to the concerns and thoughts of our citizens.

As for the post above me, I do not know what lands you come from but nobles are not voted upon. Not in Albar, Salkamar, or any other established country. In those lands the King bequeaths lands to his nobles. Here the Archduke has done so to divide the workload of government. This allows citizens of Troll's Bane to chose a borough or district that best suits their life style.

Troll's Bane is no longer dependent upon one person to lead the largest city on the island. We can specialize and focus our efforts in smaller communities to provide overall wealth and prosperity to this great city. As for buying land I did no such thing. The land of West Strand would have cost more then 50 silvers instead the land was bequeathed to me by the Archduke. The 50 silvers was a duty for the title of Baron which will be used to help all the citizens of Troll's Bane. So what are you crying about? I know that this government might not be liked by all, but I want you all to know that I spend my finances and share my resources for the greater good of this city and its People. I want each person in this city to have coins in his or her purse, a warm bed to sleep in, and food to fill his or her belly. I also want them to be able to provide for a family so that Troll's Bane grows in size and strength.

You tell me what is wrong with these ideals? Please show me where any other noble has wronged you. Perhaps you will say your right to vote, but let me put this scenario past you. If we were using the old governmental system and we had similar results like the last election where it was a deadlock. Half the citizens want candidate A and the other want candidate B. Each side would loath for the other to win. When the results are in side A or B is stuck with the person they did not want. Those people have no choice but to stay or leave. If they stay they might become inactive and if they leave that is bad for this city. Also what if there is a bad governor... under the old system it was nearly impossible to have a bad governor removed except for Constantine who was just completely inactive.

Now under the Archduchy if a candidate that you necessarily do not like is elected Archduke there is at least a buffer between you and the Archduke, that being your district. While the Archduke's job is to maintain the overall direction and leadership of the city your districts and boroughs allow for more personal involvement. I do not know one Lord or Lady that would not listen to the people they govern. It would be ridiculous to upset the people that live in your district or borough. For if you upset them they will just leave. No noble wants to displease his or her inhabitants, we want what is best for our People. This form of government provides a strong foundation of stability where people that are meant to lead can do so while those that are found incapable or inactive are done away with.

So show us where we have wronged you, I say again. Show us how we can better this city without your focus being solely on your vote. Give us a chance to be the extension of the Populous. Allow us to be the voice that carries your concerns and ambitions. I assure you we will not let you down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the Archduke and the People of Troll's Bane,

After questioning and listening to both candidates on their proposed strategy for being Archduke and having the overall consensus of the People of West Strand I have decided my vote. I, Eli Travinus, Baron of West Strand hear by place my one vote for the Duke of Eastmark, Julius Rothman.

Voice of the People of West Strand,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
Dantagon Marescot

At least with open voting and open nominations the choices were vast. Now men with paid titles vote for men with paid titles. This town is surely doomed if egotistical men who care only for their name and their betterment than that of the town are allowed to become govenor. This was prevented in the past, but it shall be prevented no more.

~unsigned~
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

I do not know what civilization you grew up in but judging by your comments it must have been Gynk. Every other notable country of the mainland uses some form of fiefdom. Both Salkamar and Albar have shown strength and stability since the years of war have settled. While cities like Gynk are home to some of the most nitrous criminals, thieves, and murderers. Government "needs" to be strong and a have clear foundation of stability. Each election sent Troll's Bane into a spiral of change and instability. Under former legislature Constantine was impeached by a bill of no confidence, Siltaris was murdered, and Caelum captured and controlled Troll's Bane. All of these things have resulted in the weakening of this great city.

It seems to me that you wish this city to be weak and flounder for gods knows what reason. Still you have not said one word about how to better this city except to hide behind insults of others' character and littering this board with lies of corruption. For nine years I have lived in this city and for everyone them someone has cried CORRUPTION! on these boards. So please forgive me if I do not care what you have to say without proof.

However, I will indulge you for a moment with a request to the People of Troll's Bane.

To all citizens I humbly request that you place forth here and now any words of corruption you have personally seen. Furthermore, please tell me how any of these nobles of Troll's Bane have wronged you. Tell me how they make your life miserable with examples, how they oppress you, or show signs of egotism. Or have everyone of these Nobles done the very best within their power to do what is just, what is good, and what is righteous? Please citizens of Troll's Bane let your voice be heard.

Zhambra Blessings,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

The island of Adron hereby belongs to Daelyn Mitore, until the day he disappears, dies or wishes to sell it. If the island is sold the new owner must be approved by the current leader of Troll’s Bane. If the owner of the island is to die, it shall be given to an heir approved by the current leader of Troll’s Bane, or if no heir is announced in the will of the old owner it shall once again be the property of Troll’s Bane government.

The laws of Troll’s Bane apply on the island of Adron. The island is treated as normal private property, with the Guard enjoying full authority on the island. As the owner, Daelyn Mitore may banish individuals from the island as he pleases, but may under no circumstances banish members of the Royal Families or Guard of Troll’s Bane.

Sign: Daelyn Mitore

Sign: Lord Cromwell
Both signatures are authentic.

I just thought I would make this contract official, as I am forced to leave Troll's Bane for some time, and not be back until after the elections.

~Daelyn Mitore~
Dantagon Marescot

Oh woe to the fact that the citizens no longer act. They hold no voice so they hold no care. Do not ask them to defend thee, for you have not defended them. No longer can a poor peasant who wishes good on the town be allowed to run. Only now will those with paid titles and egotistical minds belonging to their own well being do what they seek fit. The votes no longer fit fairly when money brings you the ability to ruin a town. Could a mere three people vote for one and four to the other. The other may win by people, but because one egotistical man hast three votes will he cause corruption to do good only unto him.

The nobles have their faults, none should be allowed to run. The first an egotistical man who will only care if it keeps him alive. The other only wishes to add titles to his name and will betray anyone to get them. You are as dense as a mules behind, for without waying the consequences of what you spew will you dirty the town of Bane. Another boy be the son of a father murdered by a titled man and only vengance rests in his mind. The last of men is unknown to most, he cares not of the town of Bane, only that in which he gains. The women 're smarter folk. One is out to destroy you, for in Hellsbriar they know her name. She cares not what happens to the town, only that in the end she gains. The other holds a kind heart, about the only kindness the nobles have. Yet in her mind she knows not what to do with power, nor how to take a stand.

Take note nobles, for I see into the hearts of you all. Know that whence in the past those of power have found the fall. So must you when comes the day, when the sky is black and people come dressed in grey. The people will either find their voice or a man of red will doom you all.

~unsigned~
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

I support Lord Julius Rothman for becoming the Archduke of Trolls Bane.
He is a noble man, and he will be a fine archduke.
Me, as former captain of the guard, know very many people. And I have to say nobody would fit as good as Lord Rothman for the position as Archduke.

~Amadi Yusuf Randal
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Unsigned Individual,

You are the only person I hear ranting, and you do not listen to my words because clearly you think you know everything. You are not a god you do not know what the future holds and still you cover these boards without a single constructive thing to say. You have not given a single instance where a noble has wronged a citizen of this city. You give no proof to corruption and you simply want to sow seeds of doubt into the hearts of our citizens. I swear on my behalf that I will do everything humanly possible to listen to the citizens of this town, aid them in anyway possible, defend them at all costs, see that they prosper, and never betray them.

So forgive me once more for not giving a single damn about you because you have nothing to do with the citizens of this town. I have stated rationally and earnestly the purpose that this council serves to the People. Citizens of this town that are simple farmers will prosper under our leadership as will any other profession. For Troll's Bane will have firm economic and governmental structures that do not change drastically after each election. Also, that farmer "can" change things for leadership cannot be suppressed nor can the voice of the People. There will be countless governmental offices for the people of this town to take which will undoubtedly insure that they have power within this city.

The nobles are not tyrants nor are we titling boasting egotists we wish to better Troll's Bane and strengthen it. I have nothing further to write to you because you simply care not to listen and only wish to sow your seeds.

Zhambra's Blessings,
~Lord Eli Travinus~
Joxia Doral

vote

Post by Joxia Doral »

To the Archduke and the People of Troll's Bane,

I the Countess of Riverside to hereby cast my vote for Duke Julius Rothman.

Voice of the people of Riverside,
Countess Joxia Doral
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I vote for Duke Julius Rothman.

~Sir Roland Ross,
Baron of Southfields~
Toran

Post by Toran »

As a citizen of Troll's Bane (my citizenship was accepted by the governor Jorokar) I would like to state my opinion to the dictatorship of the self-appointed nobles and support Dan Marescot.

Dear fellow-citizens!
Out of pure eagerness for power Cromwell appointed himself as archduke. For this he needed support of even power and title hungry stooges.
In order to reward those he took the formerly free land from the inhabitants of Gobaith away, giving it to his henchmen who again exercised limitation of rights.
Nothing from this serves the interest of Troll's Bane.
We do not have any advantage through this corrupt tyranny, instead they took away our rights to affect our fortune ourselves by voting or deciding.

You usurpers and want-to-be nobles!
This simply is arbitrariness and was never approved by the people.
It is absolutely irrelevant whom you betrayers may choose as your leader.
It is the task of the town guard to throw you all into jail if - for reasons of dependance - they don't want to be your paid beadles.

Toran Guld
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Als Bürger der Stadt Troll’s Bane (ich erhielt meine Bürgerschaft von Gouverneur Jorokar) möchte ich meine Meinung zur Diktatur des selbsternannten Adels äußern und Dan Marescot unterstützen.

Liebe Mitbürger!
Cromwell ernannte sich selbst aus reiner Machtgier zum Archduke. Dazu benötigte er Unterstützung durch ebenfalls macht- und titelhungrige Ja-Sager.
Um sie belohnen zu können, nahm er den Bewohnern Gobaiths das vormals freie Land und schenkte es seinen Handlangern, die wiederum neue Einschränkungen der Rechte praktizierten.
Nichts davon dient den Interessen von Troll’s Bane.
Wir haben keinerlei Vorteile durch diese korrupte Tyrannei, stattdessen nahm man uns alle Rechte, über unsere Geschicke durch Wahl oder Entscheidung selbst zu bestimmen.

Ihr Usurpatoren und Möchtegern-Adligen!
Dies alles ist reine Willkür und niemals durch das Volk gebilligt worden.
Wen ihr Betrüger jetzt als euren Anführer wählt, bleibt völlig bedeutungslos.
Es ist Aufgabe der Stadtwache, euch alle ins Gefängnis zu werfen, sofern sie nicht aus Abhängigkeit nur euer bezahlter Büttel sein will.

Toran Guld
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Kaila frowns after carefully reading all the posts on the board, not writing anything knowing she is not a citizen now though was once under Jorokar. "I guess I should have written Archduke Cromwell when he placed a message on the board offering to include all in the citizenship list". Seeing the latest post however, she holds out her hand saying a few magic words as a pen appears then writes on the same parchment in fairly sloppy handwriting, running out of room as the writing then roams up the side possibly covering a few letters of the original.

Sir Toran Guld,

I wasn't going to post not being a citizen either, but I must object to you calling my husband a "power and title hungry stooge". Anyone that knows him would think this is laughable. I think it a very noble cause you supporting the Knights of Gobaith.... as I do also, however I see no connection between the Knights and the issue at hand. Tol Vanima has Elders, Silverbrand has Kings and Queens, Greenbriar has Clan. I don't understand your objection to Nobles representing all in Trolls Bane as most human ancestry has done on the mainland, though I personally think Elders would be more appropriate.

Kaila Travinus

The pen now disappears as Kaila finishes signing her name, then a gate appears as she mutters "It is time to meet Shenandrea" with a mischievious grin on her face.
Dantagon Marescot

I know of no connection either besides the fact that Trolls Bane has foolishly claimed our land and our keep. Also the fact that the knighthood and myself am not pleased with that and truely want nothing to do with this tyranical goverment. Sure we had no council to stop Cromwell from appointing himself archduke, but is the council now any better? One could simply appoint himself king and claim himself in power, ignoring the council.

Truely I find this goverment to be worse off than before. Sure Eli has a point, it may be more stable, but how long will that last? Siltaris' goverment was rather stable in my opinion until some group attacked and murdered her. This could become true for the current goverment as well. Just because you think it is more stable goverment wise, does not make it any more stable or safe from destruction.

I have been a long standing citizen of Bane for a good two dwarven years now. I can not say so much as to a person like Julius Rothman or Roland Ross who just recently became citizens of Bane this term I do believe (correct me if I am wrong). Being as I have been around longer, what gives me less right to become leader than any of you besides the fact that I give my money away and the rest of you have used it to buy a worthless title.

I see no advantages to this goverment besides a council. Something which willingly could be accomplished through elections done by the people once more. I want my choice, I want my vote, I want my rights which I have so willingly fought to defend year after year in Trolls Bane to return. Now if I choose to defend them I could be branded a traitor and hung. All that would be a lie of course, pushed upon my name by a noble. Afterall, I have been a truer citizen to Trolls Bane than others can claim, but that doesn't mean I have to remain true to those in power, just true to those below.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings there Mister Marescot,

I've idly peered over this boards for too long and watched you slender nobles' names. You must understand that with these reforms, Edward and Liam did not simply choose men and women who paid first or paid the fastest, they chose men and women who could lead. Who had the ripe ability and the dignity of a noble. Because Julius Rothman is a egotistical and sometimes carrier of many titles, I don't think he represents the entire circle.

Many of these nobles you have claimed unjustly insults upon couldn't be further from the truth. If you wish to drudge up old habits of mine and the dark cloud that surrounds my past, then by all means do so. Slender my name and do whatever you wish. However, the other nobles only wish what's best for Trolls Bane and hold no ties to anything about the few of us that you talk about.

As for the reforms and their purpose.. as Eli as stated their is not a united Kingdom anywhere that goes by the traditions of the old Trolls Bane. Quite frankly, it took me some time to get down the basis of the old system upon my first step upon this isle. I was appalled by it, to put it blatantly. Not only did the old system have someone famous (and not the simple farmer, mind you) winning every time but it also had much corruption.

Ever since I stepped on this isle, I've seen more corruption in the elections then I have in my life. Your Knighthood places every single member in your ranks as a citizen and then voting for your candidate as governor is.. even if you claim it's not, a form of corruption. Men paying off voters and other corrupted ideals were held in the old system. Not only this, but I've watched the Governor seat change from hand to hand (each time to someone more then a peasant, mind you) and the new Governor doing nothing new.

He would come in and change the town parchment, repel a bandit attack, collect taxes, and hardly do any good for the town at all. The reforms do more for the town then you think they do. Your vision is simply blinded by the jealousy of yourself not being chosen to be a noble. As for your Keep, I already made it known, as well as all the other nobles that your land will be restored and the relations of the town and yourself will improve.

If you wish to lead a revolution against this.. noble power then by all means, the gates are open. It won't be us that calls you an outlaw, it will be your actions against men and women who are innocent that gives it to you. Don't expect your attacks not to be repealed and your Knighthood to crumble. The same thing happened to myself when I attempted the same thing, screaming the same thing as you about corruption, and unequal rights. An attack against the town, no matter the system that is in place, is a crime. I of all people should know that, Mister Marescot.

Signed,
Lord Julius Rothman
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

Julius wrote:Greetings there Mister Marescot,

I've idly peered over this boards for too long and watched you slender nobles' names. You must understand that with these reforms, Edward and Liam did not simply choose men and women who paid first or paid the fastest, they chose men and women who could lead. Who had the ripe ability and the dignity of a noble. Because Julius Rothman is a egotistical and sometimes carrier of many titles, I don't think he represents the entire circle.

Many of these nobles you have claimed unjustly insults upon couldn't be further from the truth. If you wish to drudge up old habits of mine and the dark cloud that surrounds my past, then by all means do so. Slender my name and do whatever you wish. However, the other nobles only wish what's best for Trolls Bane and hold no ties to anything about the few of us that you talk about.

As for the reforms and their purpose.. as Eli as stated their is not a united Kingdom anywhere that goes by the traditions of the old Trolls Bane. Quite frankly, it took me some time to get down the basis of the old system upon my first step upon this isle. I was appalled by it, to put it blatantly. Not only did the old system have someone famous (and not the simple farmer, mind you) winning every time but it also had much corruption.

Ever since I stepped on this isle, I've seen more corruption in the elections then I have in my life. Your Knighthood places every single member in your ranks as a citizen and then voting for your candidate as governor is.. even if you claim it's not, a form of corruption. Men paying off voters and other corrupted ideals were held in the old system. Not only this, but I've watched the Governor seat change from hand to hand (each time to someone more then a peasant, mind you) and the new Governor doing nothing new.

He would come in and change the town parchment, repel a bandit attack, collect taxes, and hardly do any good for the town at all. The reforms do more for the town then you think they do. Your vision is simply blinded by the jealousy of yourself not being chosen to be a noble. As for your Keep, I already made it known, as well as all the other nobles that your land will be restored and the relations of the town and yourself will improve.

If you wish to lead a revolution against this.. noble power then by all means, the gates are open. It won't be us that calls you an outlaw, it will be your actions against men and women who are innocent that gives it to you. Don't expect your attacks not to be repealed and your Knighthood to crumble. The same thing happened to myself when I attempted the same thing, screaming the same thing as you about corruption, and unequal rights. An attack against the town, no matter the system that is in place, is a crime. I of all people should know that, Mister Marescot.

Signed,
Lord Julius Rothman
If you want to gain votes, i think bribing would look better than this peverse arse-licking.

~Gregory Hardcast
Olive

Post by Olive »

its only slander if its false.

i was approached TWICE to BUY land and a title. I was even asked to enter into a bidding war for a parcel of land that was going back up for sale.

Clearly it IS only about money and power and very LITTLE to do with anythign one would consider noble.

O.F.F
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I see that they do not teach basic arithmetic to the children of Albar. I believe if you knew how to total votes, you'd easily come to the conclusion that I've already won. Making any supposed "arse licking" irrelevant.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

Toran Guld!
Du warst seit Monaten icht auf der Insel.
Was hast du hier zu schreiben? Du kannst nicht wissen.
Gehorche deinem Meister und Entschuldige bei Lord Rothman.

Toran Guld!
You havent been on the island for months.
What made you state on this board? You are not up to date.
Hear your master and do an excuse to Lord Rothman.

~Amadi Yusuf Randal
Dantagon Marescot

Julius,

Get your facts straight as we explained them to you last time. When Jorokar became govenor at least 5 of our members either did NOT VOTE for him or at all. The only reason you are complaining is because YOU did not agree with the choice that the PEOPLE made. I will not force my knighthood to vote for anyone, they make their own choice. We went through the numbers last time you had a hissy fit and we could probably pull up the votes and prove it. Also, if you really think about it, it makes sence that a GROUP of PEOPLE who THINK the same way might VOTE the same way.

Also, I stated that I am not interested in being a part of a rebelion. I disagree, I want chance, but I am not about to attack the town. Nor am I jealous about not being "chosen" as chosen as you can be to pay 50 silver and gain a crappy peace of land, to become a noble. Instead I am frusterated because I CAN NOT VOTE. I have to sit here and watch the old system go down the drain because someone got greedy. Garenteed someone will get greedy again and probably make themselves king, completely ignoring the council and removing it. It will happen, the govenor system worked so long as the person kept to the system. Cromwell did not.

Trolls Bane is a place for votes. If you do not like it, move to another town, do not try to change it. People got upset when Fooser made himself a temporary king, people will get up set if this does not change. When they realize they can not vote it will be your problem.

I am not going to rebel, instead I am going to warn you and warn you and warn you and point and laugh when you do not listen. Once again you prove your worth or lack there of to the citizens who you want to rule. Just please do not brag after tallying your votes, you have insulted the citizens enough, please do not rub it in their faces.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

Julius wrote:I see that they do not teach basic arithmetic to the children of Albar. I believe if you knew how to total votes, you'd easily come to the conclusion that I've already won. Making any supposed "arse licking" irrelevant.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Apologies, you are correct. Well then let me congratulate you archduke and hope this turns out better than i suspect it will.

~Gregory Hardcast.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

If you wish to be able to vote, Simply join a Borough who's allows its citizens to vote for who they well vote for.

~Sir Roland Ross,
Baron of Southfields~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

"Sir" Marescot,

Considering your amoral exploits with Duke Rothman's daughter, I find it laughable that you are lecturing anyone of ethics or the "people's will" on the walls.

You're a one-track, honorless, spineless and lecherous idiot. Shut your mouth. You, for all your boastful words, do not represent the will of the people, nor do you know their hearts or minds. Stop being an embarassment to your knighthood. Self-proclaimed protectors and knights have little clout to complain about any other changes or proclamations, you carnal shite.

-Unsigned-
Dantagon Marescot

Um... yeah... You lost me at exploits. You want to run that by me in person perhaps?

Dan
Julius

Post by Julius »

After the fiftieth parchment from "Sir" Marescot since the elections began, I must say if you can look past how annoying and childish it is, it's quite comical. You've said several times you are a noble (in a jealous tone) and you present yourself as a child or a King's jester. Perhaps you should should stick to your word "citizen", or so called noble, and present yourself in a more quiet and preserved manner? But then again, no one here expects for you to go back to your corner and simply be quiet. We can all dream, no?

No signature is left at the end.
Last edited by Julius on Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Julius wrote:it's quite comedical
What?

-
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The voting has ended, and the votes have been counted.

Julius Rothman:
Seven votes.

Fayne Furnir:
Two votes.

Abstaining (empty):
Two votes.

Didn't vote:
Two votes.

Lord Rothman, Lady Doral, Lord Cromwell, Lord Ross, Lord Farron and Lord Travinus casted their votes.

Duke Julius Rothman of Eastmark shall become the next Archduke of Trollsbane. Congratulations. He shall ascend to this position officially within the next days, after giving the necessary oath to Trollsbane and the new charter in the presence of the current Archduke. The treasury and necessary keys shall be handed over to him as well.

Lord Cromwell
---

Lord Farron apologises for his absence from the island, and appoints Verdazar temporarily as the Steward of Midlands.
Last edited by Mr. Cromwell on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The Archbishopric

The monastery has been falling into disrepair, and for a pious land such as the Archduchy, it has been a stain of shame. Recognizing that the Archduke should not meddle with divine affairs, the Archduchy of Trollsbane has turned over the administration and ownership of the Monastery to the Church of Gobaith and Credii. This results in a new administrative area for Trollsbane, the tenth Borough, which is known as the Archbishopric.
1.) The Monastery remains under the Authority of Trollsbane law and a part of Trollsbane. It will be handed over to the Credii and the Church of Gobaith, who form the backbone of the new administration of the area.

2.) The Monastery shall be turned into an administrative area known as the "Archbishopric", while the names of the individual buildings can remain as they are. Following the name-change, the leader of the Archbishopric is known as the Archbishop.
a.) Father Thyme shall be named as the first Archbishop, and he pledges loyalty to the laws and social order of the Archduchy.
b.) Father Thyme, as all the future archbishops, must give a pledge of loyalty to the Archduchy of Trollsbane before he can ascend to the position. This pledge must be made in the manner specified in 2-d.
c.) The Archbishopric shall have peace to conduct it's business as they wish, as long as the pledge is respected and the pious and shall be allowed to pray on the land.
d.) The exact wording of the pledge: "I, -name- hereby swear in the name of -name-, to diligently and without desire for personal gain to perform my duties as the Archbishop. I shall shepherd the flock fairly, to be pious and respect the laws of Trollsbane. I thank the Almighty gods who have blessed me, and pray that I shall serve them well, for they are the beginning and the end, and I am a mere mortal."
e.) The Archbishop manages his own organization, and should have elections amongst the priests of the Archbishopric on set intervals. Citizenship of another town or area does not prevent a priest from becoming the Archbishop. However, only the priests and monks of the Archbishopric shall be given the right to vote or run for becoming an archbishop.
f.) The priests of the archbishopric are allowed to have their own congregations or churches, and are not forced to cooperate with each other beyond adhering to the commands of the Archbishop, and the election of the Archbishop.
g.) The archbishop has the right to sanction monks and priests for misbehavior, and to ban individuals for committing crimes or blasphemy within the Archbishopric territory.

3.) The archbishop and the archbishopric shall enjoy a status comparable to a borough with a single vote, with the exception that only those Archbishops who are citizens of Trollsbane shall be able to exercise their right to vote. Furthermore, this vote is only available in the election for the governor, and the Archbishop does not have any connection with the council of Nobles.
Father Thyme has given the pledge and is thus appointed as the first Archbishop of Trollsbane.

Lord Cromwell