An end to laughter (( open rp ))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Logrin Parr

An end to laughter (( open rp ))

Post by Logrin Parr »

A man in the tattered and decayed remains of what must have once been a wonderful coat sits in quiet meditation in a dark jail cell. The strips of cloth nothing more then black bandages at this point, deftly hanging of his grimey flesh. He keeps his blind eyes open as he slowly cups his hands togather.

Skimming them across the damp ground he lifts them to his mouth and drinks the filthy water that had pooled up on the floor. How many months he wonders. How many months have I been down her without food, with out water? Forced to live off what ever drips down from above, or crawls up from bellow. Worms, rats...the murky fluid that burbled through the crack in the ceiling. This had been his diet.

No one had came, not even his old friend. The one who had sentenced him to this waking torment. Not any of the people he had once help either, came to speak in his defence. Locked away for a crime, stealing of all things. A chuckle escapes his parched throat as he rubs a hand over the head of his bird, long since having colasped from hunger, it's body decaying where it lay in his bed. Not even the man he had supposedly robbed had taken one step in the jail house.

I think it's time that you and I finally took to the sky togather brother. My only regret is that we failed to bring the temple to the isle.

And with that the monk slowly braids his long white hair, having grown for all those months he was locked away. Taking a chair from the corner her stands atop of it, looping his hair once over a root that had grown through the ceiling. And knotting it twice around his neck.
The Shield

Post by The Shield »

"So?.... It is the easy way out that you seek...Old man?"

A crudely executed laugh emerges from the darkness of shadows, echoing through the cold, stone cell.
Footsteps can then be heard approaching thinly toward the monk, in a calmly fashion...

"Indeed, you have been foolish...By why should it be you that suffers this torment?... says a rough, yet quiet voice, emerging beyond the laughter.

A grim silence carries the air..

Use what you have...Monk...
For not even Chergas realm will accept you now.

There 'are' however, alternative pathways..."
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Rakust comes wandering to town, fresh from the mine, leading a mule laden with iron and coal, it's legs barely able to hold the weight of the ores, tugging along at the rope, he's almost stepped on by a large human, looking in a daydream.

Damned longleg! Are ye blind?

A penny drops in Rakust's mind, and for the first time in a long while, gold and beer aren't the only things on his mind.

Arr..Blind..Logrin...No' seen Logrin in a good long while, aye.

Grabbing the next passerby, an elfess, he asks her the question of his location:

Oi! Longear! Ye seen Logrin? Black stonres fer eyes, tall, an' he's usually in the buff lass.

A quick nod and point towards the jailhouse, and Rakust draws near, banging heavily on the door.
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

He pauses, one of his feet of the chair before placing it back on the seat, as he rubs his temple.

Great...and now I'm hearing voices....can't even take my sanity with me it seems...

He waves a hand into the general direction of the voice and lets out a sigh

I thought I was a bit more imaginative though...shadowy figures....it's never a pretty girl.

Before a loud banging interupts him
rakust dorenstkzul

Rakust finally has the door opened, by a quite bewildered looking guard.

"Uhhh, yes "Sir"?"

Rakust, looking out of breath following his brief sprint to the door, speaks simply

"Logrin..Tall..Blind..Naked..Where?"

"Over there, watch out for that crazy guy, says he's Hector Vin." he says pointing

Rakust nods at the man, ordering him to watch his mule, before making his way to Logrin's cell..
The Shield

Post by The Shield »

Sweeping back from Logrins hand movements, stood a thin, pale and strange looking man, fully adorned in black robes... A strange form of black ink has been smudged below each of his eyes, and his black finely kept hair now lays just covering scratch wounds upon his forehead. Wounds that lay etched in the shape of a diamond, accompanied by red ink smudged within the wounds...

"Foolish being... Perhaps it is a burden to you that I acknowledge your existence, yet you deny mine?...

Noneless, I shall give thee the benefit of the doubt, once more..."

The strange man's words release in anger fueled crude whispers, as he leans toward Logrin once more, attempting to grab firmly upon his arm...

"Do not you see?... *Laughs high pitched crudely*... They come as you wish to die... Yet, in life, they care NOTHING about your withered soul!

Releasing a glowing black stone with his other hand the stranger leans ever closer to Logrins ear, frantically blurting the words

"Place your hand in mine, and I shall lead you to freedom...brother..."
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

The monk sighs a bit and extends his hand against his better judgement

What have I to lose?
rakust dorenstkzul

Rakust arrives finally, after having a bit of a disagreement with "Hector"

Logrin! let go o' that hand! Ye've no' been in the jail fer THAT long!
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

Despite his blindness, out of reflex the monk turns his head to the noise, retracting his hand a bit

Rakust? Well...Either you've dug a tunnel in the wrong direction or you came for a visit.

Still balancing atop the chair with his make shift noose around his neck he offers the dwarfe a smile
rakust dorenstkzul

In the low light enviroment, Rakust excels.

Arr Ye've grown lad. Oi! off that chair! An' take that necktie off, ye'll do yerself a mischief!

Reaching into his pokcet, he removes an apple and begins to chew on it, as if expecting the monk to obey.
The Shield

Post by The Shield »

"You fool!"

As Logrin retracts his hand from the stranger, a green myst surrounds the man adorned in black robes...

"Be it on your head foolish one... Lay in your filth and die here you shall, surrounded by the liars who play coy and treat you like an unwanted child with your physical disabilities...

Do not say, I did not warn you..."

Turning his icy stare to the petite dwarf by the doorway, the stranger releases a deep angered sigh, then flipping a dagger from his sleeve and throwing it quickly in his general direction, before being engulfed by the green flashing aura and vanishing with it completely...
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

After a long pause, most likely perplexed by the odd vanishing act he returns his attention to the dwarfe

OH You know I normally would Rakust, but you see that would really be a tad detrimental to the whole intention of tying a noose in the first place
rakust dorenstkzul

He raises his eyebrows as a dagger goes flying limply by him, following which he turns to look at the monk, obviously now realising why he's got it there, and what he's trying to do.

Arr..Takin' the easy way out, aye?

Ye know..I've got my pick here.. i could dig ye out.
Last edited by rakust dorenstkzul on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Shield

Post by The Shield »

((
Turning his icy stare to the petite dwarf by the doorway, the stranger releases a deep angered sigh, then flipping a dagger from his sleeve and throwing it quickly in his general direction

So this will be dismissed? Thanks guys.))
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

The monk, never being aware of anything more then the sounds of magic used by the man to disappear due to his blindness, could not respond to the dagger, deftly tossed at Rakust
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

A giant of a man walks to the jail, bucket in one hand, bag of bread rolls in the other. He walks down the stairs to the room with logrin and the other prisoners. He calls out about food, only then stepping light of the torches, letting himself be seen as the captain of the guard

((sorry everyone, i had a pet die this weekend, and a hurricane hit my house and knocked out power for about a week, be lenient if you could...))
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

still standing with a noose about his neck on the chair he chuckle a bit

And why must I always take the hard way through everything, I swallowed my pride, and even let a friend lock me away, hoping that he would eventually come to my innocience on his own terms. Because of doing things the hard way, the right way. I have lost a brother for the second time! No, I think I'm just about through with doing things the hard way. Living off the dirty water and vermin that flit about the darkness of my cell. Tell me, is there any reason why I should indure this humilation any longer?
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

He shakes his head slightly to Logrin, before finally answering

I know you have spent a long enough time in here... and I still don't believe that you deserve it, the claims being that you took the coins unintentionally.

He takes a deep breathe before continuing

I have not been able to find any of the witnesses to the happenings of the day, so therefore, if you decide to take that noose off, i will let you out of here, but, you will have to make yourself remain available until everything is cleared up....

He then waits for the reply

((again, sorry i had to make you wait like that, nature decided to slow me down))
rakust dorenstkzul

Rakust spits to the ground, shaking his head.

If that's yer tone, Logrin, kick the chair away an' hang until yer legs stop kickin, since the lad i knew has already popped his clogs.

He stamps out, not waiting for a response, he grumbles something to Altrix in dwarven.

Nilsacks..Agak..
Fayne Bridgewater

Post by Fayne Bridgewater »

During a walk through the cherry grove outside the east gate, her thoughts turn to the conversation she had months ago with Logrin here in this same spot. Shaking her head with a grin, she turns back, stepping in her own small footprints in the snow, heading back to town.

She chuckles as she walks briskly through the streets of Trollsbane, her cheeks pink from the brisk wind, remembering all the jokes he's pulled at her expense. As she steps into the jail she sighs, thankful for the bit of relief from the cold. Hearing voices, she walks down the corridor to Logrin's cell, wrinkling her nose at the smell.

Greeting Altrix and Rakust with a smile, she then turns to Logrin, gasping as she sees the condition he's in and the noose around his neck. She plants her fists on her hips and narrows her eyes.

Logrin Parr! You'd better get down from there! She digs in her bag, pulling out an extra warm coat, thrusting it through the bars at him Here, stop this nonsense. If you were to go, who would play jokes on me? She grins a bit with this, still holding out the coat towards him, confident he'll get down and take it
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

As his hands loosen the knot around his throat he lets a reluctant sigh escape him

I could abandon my duties...

He says as the braid falls along his back

I could let my friends pleas fall on deaf ears...

He says as he steps down from the chair

But I have yet to discover how one says no to a woman...

He pushes the seat back neatly and starts to gather his things, purpose in his voice

You heard the lady Altrix, I haven't been given permision to take my last pilgrimage as of yet. But I will need a momment alone with my brother. There are rites I must preform if I am to give him a proper burial.
Fayne Bridgewater

Post by Fayne Bridgewater »

Fayne steps back with a triumphant smile, the small battle won easily enough, but sobers quickly, her eyes resting on the bird. Tears spring to her big green eyes as, despite the bird's...different...attitude, she had grown quite fond of him while caring for him when Logrin was in the desert.

"Oh Logrin...I didn't bring him any food...I'm so sorry...", she trails off, sniffling softly.

She wipes her eyes on the sleeve of her coat and pulls herself together. Straightening her shoulders and taking a deep breath, she turns back to Logrin, "Take your time, but when you're through, come find me and I'll make you something better than bread and water to eat." She tosses the coat towards him, "And put this on, its freezing out"

Without waiting for a reply, she turns to walk down the corridor, rubbing her hands together for warmth.