Battle of the Bards

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fianna Heneghan

Battle of the Bards

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

This is meant to be a friendly competition to determine who is the best musician among us. The prize will be a full year of bragging rights and a small purse of coins. All are welcome to participate.

The performance must be a combination of music and poetry. It may be played by one performer or a group of performers. The judging will be based on the quality of the music and lyrics as well as the performance of them.

The exact date and time of the competition will be posted in the near future, so start practicing!

~ Fianna Heneghan ~
New Owner of the Arena Theatre

**********************************************************************************************************
Schlacht der Barden

Es ist findet ein Wettbewerb statt, um den besten Sänger und Dichter zu ermitteln. Jeder ist willkommen mitzumachen.
Als Preis gibt es den Titel "Bester Sänger/Dichter Gobaiths", der ein volles Jahr lang getragen werden darf und einen kleinen Geldpreis.

Die Aufführung sollte eine Kombination aus Musik und Dichtung sein. Die Aufführung kann durch einen Darsteller oder eine Gruppe dargebracht werden. Bewertet wird die Güte der Musik und der Dichtkunst, ebenso auch die Ausführung des Auftritts.

Der genaue Zeitpunkt des Wettbewerbs wird in Kürze bekannt gegeben, also beginnt mit den Proben!

~ Fianna Heneghan ~
Neue Eigentümerin des Arena Theaters
Last edited by Fianna Heneghan on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae reads the post then appears thoughtful mumbling to herself...

It says nothing about having to sing....

.. as a small blush forms on her face before taking a pen from her bag and signing under the note.

Achae Eanstray.. harp and poem

The word poem is underlined before she walks away with a quiet giggle.

I know I wouldn't win with my singing!
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

Greetings,

The great Darok Frankes from the mainlands
wants to join this event.

~Darok Frankes
The Great One
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Greetings,

Though it has been a while since my youth, I think maybe I should give this tournament a try. I suppose it's time to shake off the rust of my boyhood instruments.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Caecilianus Cathari

Post by Caecilianus Cathari »

Please add Brer Beothach for Buttocks and Mouth.

Thank you,

Brer the Godmen,
Fianna Heneghan

I have just received an addition to the prize purse by someone who wishes to remain anonymous. Keep practicing!

~ Fianna ~
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Ich, Alan Dowland, melde mich hiermit zum Wettbewerb. Ich werde zunächst mit Laute und Gesang auftreten, und sodann ein Gedicht vortragen.

/gez. Alan Dowland

---------------------------

I, Alan Dowland, hereby announce my participance to the competition. I will sing and accompany myself on the lute at first, thereafter I shall recite a poem.

/signed Alan Dowland
Triton

Post by Triton »

Luthille hällt an dem Anschlag an.
Sie legt den Finger auf das Blatt und geht die Namen durch.

Seufzend geht sie weiter.
Rhandarja Opalin

Post by Rhandarja Opalin »

Rhandarja liest den Aushang, dann kramt sie schnell einen Kohlestift und einen Zettel hervor, schreibt etwas darauf und pinnt ihn dann darunter:

"Ich, Rhandarja Opalin, werde auch teilnehmen."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhandarja grabs a paper and a pencil out of her back and writes:

"I' will participate. Rhandarja Opalin."
Andor Branduin

Post by Andor Branduin »

Andor Branduin bleibt vor den Aushang stehen. Einige Zeit studiert er ihn und geht dann grübelnd weiter.
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

the note is very poorly scrawled across the page

Will there be wine?
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

There is good chance I will show to this. For those of you that remember me, my name is Airin Merrymount. I play the lute and sing improvisations, Meaning I will sing about that which I observe.

~~Airin Merrymount~~
Fianna Heneghan

The competition time has been set for (( saturday 11 October at 7PM GMT/3PM US eastern time )).

The old language competition will be held first, followed by the new language. Bards speaking both languages may participate in either or both events as it pleases them.

If you are not competing, come sit in the audience to support your friends and the arts.

Good luck everyone!

****************************************************************************************************

Der Zeitpunkt für den Wettbewerb wurde festgelegt (( Samstag, den 11. Oktober um 7PM GMT/21 Uhr deutsche Zeit )).

Zuerst wird der Wettbewerb in der Alten Sprache durchgeführt, danach in der Neuen Sprache. Barden, die beider Sprachen mächtig sind, können an einem oder auch an beiden Veranstaltungen teilnehmen.

Alle die nicht auftreten, kommt in das Theater und unterstützt Eure Freunde und die Kunst.

Jedem viel Glück!
Fianna Heneghan

Due to unforeseen circumstances the Battle of the Bards competition must be postponed two dwarven weeks. The new date will be (( October 25th, same time )). I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it currently can't be helped. The good news is that everyone has a bit more time to practice.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Wegen unvorhersehbarer Umstände muss der Wettkampf der Barden um zwei Zwergenwochen verschoben werden (( neuer Termin 25. Oktober, gleiche Zeit)). Ich bitte um Entschuldigung für die Unannehmlichkeiten die dadurch entstehen, Die gute Nachricht ist, dass sich nun jeder noch etwas besser auf den Wettbewerb vorbereiten kann.
Pranck

Post by Pranck »

Graham geht an dem Brett vorbei und überfliegt die Namen.
"Interessant..."
Grinsend verschwindet er wieder.
Fianna Heneghan

This event must be again postponed, this time by a single dwarven day. The competition will now be held on (( Sunday, October 26th at 7PM GMT/3PM US eastern time )). I apologize for the confusion and I hope everyone will be able to attend.

************************************************************************************************

Der Wettbewerb muss leider wieder verschoben werden, dieses Mal um einen Zwergentag (( Sonntag, 26. Oktober um 7PM GMT/21 Uhr deutsche Zeit )). Ich bitte um Entschuldigung für das Durcheinander und hoffe, dass alle teilnehmen können.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Aufgrund persönlicher Gründe wird es mir leider unmöglich sein an dem Wettbewerb teilzunehmen. Ich bitte um Entschuldigung,

gez. Alan Dowland
Fianna Heneghan

As the day of the competition draws nearer, I wanted to let everyone that will be particpating know to expect Rosendil as the old language judge. I also want to acknowledge and thank him for his support and assistance with translating so that all members of the community can be made welcome.

~ Fianna Heneghan ~
Fianna Heneghan

My apologies to all the bards that have been planning to compete. I must again postpone the event. The new date will be (( Sunday, November 9th at 3PM US eastern time/9PM german time )) I hope all that had been planning to compete can be there for the new date.

********************************************************************************************************

Ich bitte alle Barden, die am Wettbewerb teilnehmen wollen, um Entschuldigung. Der Wettbewerb muss leider wieder verschoben werden. Der neue Termin ist (( Sonntag, 9. November 21:00 Uhr deutsche Zeit )). Ich hoffe alle Teilnehmer werden auch am neuen Termin teilnehmen können.
Fianna Heneghan

As a voluntary punishment to myself for so often postponing this event and compensation for all the bards that manage to keep their interest up, I am offering a participation prize to all competitors on the day of the event in addition to the prizes awarded to the winners.

******************************************************************************************

Als freiwillige Bestrafung für mich selbst, wegen dem häufigen Verschieben des Wettbewerbs und als Entschädigung für alle Barden, die es schaffen, Ihr Interesse weiterhin aufrechtzuerhalten, gibt es zusätzlich zu den Preisen für die Gewinner, für jeden Teilnehmer an Tag des Wettbewerbes einen Sonderpreis.
Fianna Heneghan

Garon Goldhand has generously donated prizes to be awarded to the winners. Thanks for the support.

*******************************************************************************************

Garon Goldhand hat großzügigerweise Preise für die Gewinner gespendet. Herzlichen Dank für seine Unterstützung.
Rhandarja Opalin

Dear Fianna,

due to several circumstances, I'm not sure, whether I am able to take part in the competition. I will try my best, bit it's at least a matter of hours on this day.

May I join the compatition, even if I come in immediatly befpre it starts?

Lady Sirani may bless you,
Rhandarja Opalin
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

I sign up for the competition... That is, if my eye has gotten any better.

Signed
Liam Heneghan
Borgrud

Post by Borgrud »

Bor beh deh! Meh mek promise to dah fire ladeh!

MEH POETREH BES MIGHTEH!

~Bor *a crooked yellow tusk is drawn*
Fianna Heneghan

Greetings bards and music enthusiasts. Good news! The competition will now be two events! The old language event will be (( Sunday, November 9th @ 9PM german time )) judged by Rosendil and the new language event will now be (( Sunday, November 9th @ 9PM US eastern time )) judged by Fianna. You now have twice the opportunity to compete and be entertained. There will be prizes for the competitors and winners of both events as well as diversion and amusement for the audiences. I hope to see you there.

*************************************************************************************************

Seid gegrüßt, Barden und Liebhaber der Musik. Gute Nachrichten!Der Wettbewerb besteht nun aus zwei Veranstaltungen.Die Veranstaltung in der alten Sprache wird ab (( Sonntag, den 9. November 21 Uhr deutsche Zeit )) durchgeführt;Preisrichter ist Rosendil. Der Wettbewerb in der neuen Sprache findet ab(( Sonntag, den 9. November 9 PM US eastern time )) statt; Preisrichterin ist Fianna. Ihr habt nun zwei Gelegenheiten gegeneinanderanzutreten und Euch unterhalten zu lassen. Es wird Preise gebenfür alle Kontrahenten und die Gewinner der beiden Wettbewerbeund Abwechslung und Unterhaltung für die Zuhörerschaft.Ich hoffe Euch beim Wettbewerb zu sehen.
Rhandarja Opalin

Could you please give me a hint about how the competition will work?

How many songs are we allowed to play? Is there poetry mandantory?

and so on ...
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Verzeiht, Mylady,

Es war mir unmöglich an dem Wettbewerb teilzunehmen weil ich Verpflichtungen anderer Art hatte, die kurzfristig sehr wichtig erschienen. Sie nahmen mich derart in Anspruch, dass ich es nicht einmal schaffte rechtzeitig eine Taube zu schicken.

gez. Alan Dowland.
Natilie Rosemary

Post by Natilie Rosemary »

I was unsure if I would be in the area of Trolls Bane by the time the competition was set. If you are allowing late entries I would be interested in performing in the competition. I will try to be as on time as possible, though I will need to tune up my lute before hand.

Natilie Rosemary
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

(( Did the English one start yet? ))
Fianna Heneghan

New language event starting shortly at the Arena Theatre.

~ Fianna ~