For the Attention of Free Men.

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nalzaxx

For the Attention of Free Men.

Post by Nalzaxx »

Verdazar wrote:Peoples of the Island of Gobaith,

Today a turning point in the history of the island occured, at once a moment that fills me with great hope, and with great discontent.

Under the directions of my former master, Avalyon el'Hattarr a large number of men and women, dwarves, humans and elves descended upon Hellbriar to launch what they believed to be a surprise attack on both myself, and my brothers. Much to their disarray and confusion we had anticipated such a predictable move by the previous Overlord and lay in wait to defend ourself from such aggressions. The battle was long and hard, but once again the courage and cunning of the Temple outwitted our opponents and led to a decisive victory against the opposing forces. While those under Avalyon suffered heavy losses and ultimately had to flee the field of battle, the Temple collective suffered not a single casualty despite being faced with overwhelming odds.

There are a pair of important lessons that should be taken from this occasion;

Firstly, and most importantly is that placing your trust in a man such as Avalyon, one who cares nothing for your health, and only for his own vengeance is at best misguided, and at worse dangerous. Perhaps in your anger against our boldness and uncompromising nature you allowed yourself to be taken in by his poisonous words, and to hope, for a moment that he would be the key to our undoing. Let it be known clearly that Avalyon's departure from our organisation was far from voluntary. He was infact asked to leave for no less than expressing an unnessesary desire to spill your blood. A feat that he has managed to accomplish in rather underhand ways. He cares nothing for you, and should he have succeeded in defeating us today, it would be only to reassume leadership of the Temple.

Avalyon has drawn you into a power struggle for leadership of the Temple, and you have paid with your blood, while he flees unharmed from the site of the confrontation.

Secondly, is that we are not without power, we have not been left weak and defenceless by Avalyon's departure. Rather it has cleansed our ranks of disease and left us stronger and more able than we ever were with his membership. We are inspired and set free without his presence and this has led us to a new era of prosperity. One in which we do not want to spill the blood of more innocents. We do what we must to survive, and we are better at what we do than any other. If you raise your hand against us we will crush you underfoot. If you treat us with respect and civility we offer the same in return. Do not throw yourselves into a needless conflict you cannot win. You will find we are quite reasonable when not threatened.

To wage war against the Temple is to wage war against the tide, both futile and without need. Today we slew men that mere days before we were happy to battle alongside, you choose war over co-operation and yet we are the warmongers?

Each last one of you should pause a moment for thought, and consider what has led you to such a costly engagement. Was it the actions of a Temple that has shown benevolence and comradeship to you in the past weeks, or was it the memories of suffering and pain under a Temple that was run by no less than the same elf who led you to war today.

With hope, and civility,

Overlord Verdazar Ivinius.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Taliss Kazzxs wrote:Stop tugging your own tail, your epic victory was nothing more than the result of poor judgment after a bout of drinking games at the tavern.

After countless mugs of ale three fighters and a heavily intoxicated Avalyon stumbled into hellbriar looking for a good brawl. I do apologize to anyone injured in the encounter as indeed it was quite messy. Having seen many fuzzy images during this recent stupor, none plague me more than that of Verdazar and Daelyn springing from a shared bed to combat a group of men at their front gate. I really do hope we have not disturbed your evening in too large a degree. It is quite silly to think a small group of cultists could defeat a force as described above, that is when I must remind myself that ale is not consumed only in the fluffy sheep tavern but hellbriar as well.

~seeking a sober resolve and enjoying the entertaining parchments posted around Gobaith
~Taliss
Aust

Post by Aust »

Daelyn Mitore wrote: It amuses me, Taliss, how the tables have been turned. You used to accuse us of lying, yet it is you who speaks untruthfully now. What I do not understand though, is why you attempt to disguise an unannounced, coward attack, as a drunk unannounced coward attack. Lizards must have a twisted view of honour. I also find it curious that you started planning this drunk attack a week ago, which I know for a fact that you did. I must clearly be misinformed...

That you are drunk might explain your poor mathematical skills, but it must be strange spirit that you have drunk. I thought beer and wine makes you see double, not go half blind. Being absolutely sober myself, I can inform you that I alone injured 5 men yesterday, and none of them was Avalyon. I can also assure you that the other members of the elite team were not standing idle.

~Lord Daelyn Mitore~