The Free Women Circle

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Leva Beliu

The Free Women Circle

Post by Leva Beliu »

*It’s very early, the sun is not yet up, a rather chilly morning in Trolls Bane. A slight but energetic woman walks towards the well on the main ground. She looks around, but nobody is up yet. Without hesitation, she unrolls a parchment and pins it to a post that supports the well roof. She then takes a step back and starts to read, mumbling the words she knows by heart. Satisfied, she turns around and leaves : «Hmmm, unless they are blind… »
The parchment reads…*

THE FREE WOMEN CIRCLE

What it is…
The Free Women Circle is an association of women, of all races, that works to promote the interests of women of all walk of life, especially as regards the way they are treated in everyday life and official matter.
It also aims to protect its members against all forms of oppression, physical as well as verbal, moral as well as monetary.
It constitutes a channel to sell and distribute the products of feminine craftsmanship all over the island.

What it is not…
The Free Women Circle is not a guild or a league or any kind of sisterhood. It has no charter and no rigid hierarchy.
There is no fee, although a contribution might be asked for special activities.
It has no hidden goals or political affiliation.
The Free Women Circle is not directed against any other group of inhabitants of the island, particularly men… Although men cannot be active members for obvious reasons, they can assist or participate to the circle’s activities when invited.

How to participate
Contact any member of the founding commitee directly or by dove. Your application will be promptly answered.
Meetings and activities will be heralded through posts on the town board or by word-of-mouth.

Founding commitee members
  • Olive Feldtarp (secretary)
    Dellakim Thornbrae
    Misha Misha
    Joxia Doral
    Leva Beliu
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

*a cloaked man, wearing bandana and mask saunters up to the townboards, and stops by a notice, his dark eyes flickering over it, attention caught. He leans forward, lowering the mask and beginning to read, mouthing the words as he does so. An impish grin slowly forms on his face, before he glances over his shoulder momentarily, and flicking out a quill, giving the parchment a thoughtful look-over, before elegantly writing a few lines, and walking off, mask pulled back up over his face.*

Oppression sweet ladies? From who? Your cooking spoons?

~unsigned~
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

a dwarf walks up to the board eating an apple, he looks at the board for a moment and almost chokes because of laughter, then removes a piece of charcoal from his pocket and scribbles a few lines and walks off

If this is a free "woman" circle, Why is there a fish in the ranks?

There is a signature here but it is scribbled out
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Juliana effectively stays in the shadows and only an occasional gleam from her pale hair can be seen as it peeks from the hood over her head. Her two serinjah swords remain sheathed and her Salk armor makes no noise as long as she stays very still. She tilts her head seeing the cloaked man at the board, staying where she is until he leaves, and begins to move but spies the dwarf and with a grin watches him also before slowly walking over to read the notice. Chuckling quietly she shakes her head before turning toward the gate heading in the direction of the cemetary mumbling something about some men must feel threatened as her green eyes sparkle.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

The following is written crudely and in a scribbled fashion.

What I have read, is truelly a read littered with blasphemy... Get back in the kitchen.

~Frederic Deuce Gretchen
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

A note is posted up here written in elegant, fancy handwriting.

I wish to join your ranks and promote these activities. You can usually find me wandering about Trolls Bane or the surrounding wilderness. I truly think this is a much needed movement. Women of all races deserve freedom.

Signed, Emily Thorowitz.

Below the note is another with an emblem consisting of an overlapped M, L, and Y, and the following words...

By the way, what feminine things are you talking about in means of crafting? Artwork? Jewelry? Cooked foods? Flower arrangements? Cloth goods? Please do be more specific, as many things could be considered feminine.
Llama

Post by Llama »

A person reads the message and sighs

Treat women as equals? What next? The Trollsbane pigpen's liberation group? The Treat-undead-equally foundation?

That said I wouldn't mind a free woman.

There is no signature
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

scrawled messily and running almost on a diagnal is a barely legable note

I'm all for this proposed undead equality idea of yours

-Parr
Matron

Post by Matron »

Because Misha and Joxle are in this group I shall support it with coins and my special abilities when it is needed.
Magnus
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

~An elderly Dwarf reads the post with initial excitement, but then grows concerned as he reads the rest of it.

Chester thinks "Hmm....maybe Leva was talking about more than just what I thought of her?"

A Dwarf begins to write on the Parchment

"Ladies, I would like to support your efforts with coin....."

The Dwarf then crosses out the remark thinking "Uh-oh...sounds like Prostitution"

He then writes

"Ladies, I know I have been 'forward', but I would just like to become close to the many friends......"

The Dwarf crosses it out again thinking, "Damn....sounds like I'm asking them for dates again", then writes,

"Perhaps I could be a buyer for your wares...."

He crosses this out again thinking, "Damn....their gonna think I'm buying prostitutes..", and thinks a moment.....

"Many of you are dear friends, and I have enjoyed your talents....."

At this point, the Dwarf slaps his forehead in frustration thinking "By Irmorom, I wish I have been enjoying their 'Talents'" with a lustful grin. The Dwarf reconsiders and crosses this line out again.

With a sigh, he throws the piece of coal down, steps on it and writes nothing at all and reluctantly walks away with one head hanging to the right, and the other hung low.
steckenthis

Post by steckenthis »

ein alter, müder Mann, mit lederiger Haut wagt sich, den Bemerkungen der Frauen zu nähern. Er liest und wird sehr nachdenklich. Er überlegt sich, was er tun soll, ob er reagieren soll. Er erinnert sich an seine HAltungen, seinen Wunsch nach Mitsprache und Demokratie. Er erinnert sich daran, dass diese seine Träume nie und nimmer Wirklichkeit wurden. Er nimmt einen BOgen Papier und kritzelt darauf:

Frauen! Bedenkt, bevor es um Rechte von einzelnen Rassen und Geschlechter geht, sollte es darum gehen, dass alle Kreaturen frei entscheiden dürfen.
Er versucht das Geschriebene mit einem spitzen Messer zu tilgen, was aber nicht gelingt.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Lizard and Elven women are free to visit my bedroom.

All other females are not equal with them, or with men.

F
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Colin Smalls wrote:*a cloaked man, wearing bandana and mask saunters up to the townboards, and stops by a notice, his dark eyes flickering over it, attention caught. He leans forward, lowering the mask and beginning to read, mouthing the words as he does so. An impish grin slowly forms on his face, before he glances over his shoulder momentarily, and flicking out a quill, giving the parchment a thoughtful look-over, before elegantly writing a few lines, and walking off, mask pulled back up over his face.*

Oppression sweet ladies? From who? Your cooking spoons?

~unsigned~
No, but all they will get to satisfy themselves with from now on, is cooking spoons.

No honestly, I am all for women's rights! One should always fight for the weak ones in society. The five might have made you smaller and less intelligent than us men, but why let that stop you?

We should all get together and discuss this over dinner some time (which you will make of course).

~Jorokar Sladrir~
-Governor of Troll's Bane
-Grandmaster of The Knighthood of Gobaith
-Follower of Malachin
-Acolyte of the Council of the Faith
-Slave of Ayla To'lorn

P.S: May I join you if I cut my penis off?

P.S. P.S: Ill be on top and youll make breakfast!

P.S P.S P.S: Please don’t tell Ayla!

The signing looks nothing like authentic...
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

~a dark haired elfess stops to look over the parchments, chuckling to herself then pauses to have a closer look at a particular one, adding something at the bottom of the page before turning away with a smirk~
Fooser wrote:Lizard and Elven women are free to visit my bedroom.

All other females are not equal with them, or with men.

F
promises, promises hun
Irania

Post by Irania »

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Women are not equal to men! We are far far below them! Be aware that men are the more dominant gender therefor we should see to their every whim!

You wenches should take a look around and realize that you belong as slaves to men. Let them beat you, let them berate you! It is the way things are meant to be. To find such a man would be a treat indeed. You should consider yourselves lucky if you ever find one. Yes, if you ever find one willing to show you who really is the master of your pathetic life.

Irania Bel'Arus Beothach
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Indeed, you should let them impregnate you and then cut your child out, atleat good to see that madmans now stand together.

~unsigned~
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Irania wrote:This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Women are not equal to men! We are far far below them! Be aware that men are the more dominant gender therefor we should see to their every whim!

You wenches should take a look around and realize that you belong as slaves to men. Let them beat you, let them berate you! It is the way things are meant to be. To find such a man would be a treat indeed. You should consider yourselves lucky if you ever find one. Yes, if you ever find one willing to show you who really is the master of your pathetic life.

Irania Bel'Arus Beothach
Who let you out of the kitchen, you wench?!

The note is unsigned
Borine

Post by Borine »

Hmm all this abuse seems unfair... I will help out if I can and if any man abuses them they can answer to me....

Chris Rigden
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

I got abused by Leva, one of the founding commitee members of this group.

If you think freedom consists of swearing beating and cursing as much as the lowest of low life male filth that walks these lands then so be it,
however there are different ways to achieve equality with men than
drawing swords, pushing, beating and foaming from ones mouth like a madman.

I will have a keen eye on this group and if it does turn out as something good it will have all the support I can possibly offer,
however what I saw up to now makes me doubt of the honest intentions of some members of this society.

Faladron Furnir
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

What I find hilarious is that, as always, the useless woman ends up as the secretary. Women already do feminine craftsmanship. It's called cooking.

~W.E~
Borine

Post by Borine »

You bastard... you have no respect...

C.R
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

I am glad, that this announcement finally was made. And I am glad, that several women found a possibility to work together, protect each other and to distribute/exchange information and goods.

I hereby announce my full support to this group. If any member of the circle needs anything forgeable, i shall grant and donate it. Be it tools, armory or fine smithed goods.
If any member of the group seeks my advice or help, i will have an open ear and i will provide any support I am able to.

My best wishes to the honorable and bold Ladies.

signed:
Harok Silversmith

Beside the signum is a small ornate hammer, the ink it was drawn with gleams silvern in the sun.
Arwyn

Post by Arwyn »

A note is written carefully around the border, even going upside down near the bottom with tiny, undecorated handwriting, in a deep purple ink.

" It is good to see our plans coming into fruitation. Hopefully men will more understand our influence on their world. I do hope to sign on and join your ranks, despite my previous slip of the tongue. We will find equality, and will not be oppressed by any! ~ Arwyn Ranskori "
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yes, we realise your significance. You're required to make new males. That is obvious.

~W.E~
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Should it be needed, I would like to donate to this group. By doing this, perhaps I could show that not all men are as bad as they seem.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

You are going to show them they are worse?

~Dominic Fisher
Joxia Doral

womens circle

Post by Joxia Doral »

I am withdrawing my membership from the Womens Circle. Due to some actions taken by Leva and some supporters that I do not agree with, I feel like this is the best course of action for me.

Joxia Doral
Ruben van Mjellheim

Post by Ruben van Mjellheim »

A man, clad in noble yarn which best days are long gone but still impresses those who's body is protected from the cold by simple linen, walks up to the well and stops for a brief moment.

His eyes wander over the parchment. Suddenly, his facial muscles start to cramp. After finishing reading, he burst out in laughter, barely being able to stand upright. Only a grasp for the edge of the well saves him from not dropping to the floor. Joy and felicity return to the once worn face, eyes that have seen so much evil start to sparkle again. While holding his belly, he barely manages to breath, his face turning red.

As the whole town resounds from his joyful laughter, he keeps pointing at the parchment and stammers:

"They can... not... be... serious... Most funny... thing... I ever... read!"

The sun sets and the laughter faints. But as the night turns dark and the moons continue their everlasting chase, one can hear him murmuring in his sleep, walking the plains of dreams, his face showing a grin. And when the sun finally rises to reconquer the skies, the sound of laughter gets renewed in the streets of Troll's Bane...
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

The men of this island do not offer the support that should be given to the hard-working women we have amongst us. I am in full support of this new brothel.

~Dain~Laiden~
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Wait wait, Brothel?
I'm in!

-Kevin Lightdot