Troll's Bane Town Guard [latest]

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Troll's Bane Town Guard

Troll's Bane Town Guard [latest]

Post by Troll's Bane Town Guard »

• OOC Note:
    This Topic is about proclamations of the 'Town Guard'.
    This is no place for discussions about the posts in here.
    Before you post anything here, please consider the option to send me a PM. Please do not spam this topic.

Thanks for respecting these Points

You may find a declaration of the recent changes (letter from the new captain) below.

ImageAbout the Troll's Bane Town GuardImage

Credo of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane:

• Firstly, a town guard should not follow his desire for a high rank or money, but for the safety of Troll's Bane,
    Secondly, a town guard is subjected to his own conscience. Of course, a town guard has to follow the orders of the captain, but only if those orders don't act against the laws of Troll's Bane,
    Thirdly, a town guard should always be there for his or her comrades. A strong comradeship will make the work easier and protect the town from outside influence,
    Fouthly, a town guard should always be there for the town and its citizens, even if he is not on duty,
    Fifthly, a town guard should honor the gods. Faith and believes are manifold, thus no certain deities shall be named here. Only the desire for protecting the town and its citizens from evil is desired.

For the gods, the town and the comrades!

Members:
  • Captain:
    Taylor Windslasher

Lieutenant:

Guards:
    Altrix
    Amaria
    Amadi Yusuf Randal

Recruits:

Applicants:
Competence of the Troll's Bane Town Guard:
  • 1.) The Town Guard of Troll´s Bane was given the duty to care for the security of the town by the Governor of Troll's Bane.

2.) The Troll's Bane Town Guard will act within the borders of Troll's Bane and within the laws of Troll's Bane. The guard will be observed by the ruling Governor and/or the High Judge.
    If you feel mistreated by a guard, don't panic! Don't use vigilante justice! Talk to the captain of the guard instead, or directly to the Governor or the High Judge.

3.) The Town Guard of Troll's Bane was founded to enforce the laws of Troll's Bane and to protect the citizens of Troll's Bane inside the borders of the town.

4.) In case of emergency or an investigation the citizens are told to obey the guards words. Hindering them in their duty or resisting their decisions is prohibited. Mind that the guards will be chosen considerate and know what they are doing. If you wish to participate in protecting the town and its citizens, you can apply for the post of a guard.
    A direct attack on any of the guards results in a permanent ban!

5.) In general, the guards are told to wait for a trial before deciding upon the fate of a person. However, if the life of a citizen or the life of a guard is in direct danger, a criminal tries to escape or major rules of Troll's Bane are violated, the guard got certain options:
    a.) A temporary ban may be imposed, to secure the town until the High Judge has spoken,
    b.) The guards have the right to attack and even kill a criminal who tries to resist against a ban and poses a direct danger to the safety of town.

6.) The laws the guards upholds can be found on the walls of Troll's Bane: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 329#511329
    ((a German version of the rules will follow soon))

Ranking system of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane:
  • The ranking system builds as follows:
    Captain of the Town Guard (T.W.)
    (announced by the Governor)

Lieutenant of the Town Guard
    (announced by the Captain. Deputy of the Captain)

Guard of the Town Guard
    (Recruits who have served a while and who have proven their loyalty shall be made Guards)

Recruit of the Town Guard
    (Recruited by members of the guard, though the Captain has the last word)

Allies of the Town Guard
    (Allies groups of Troll's Bane shall have the right to help the Guard with their work. Within the Troll's Bane borders though Allies should obey the words of Guards and the Captain. Vigilante justice is prohibited! Allies might be Knighthoods, for example. Allies may be chosen by the Captin, in cooperation with the Governor)

Mercenaries of the Town Guard
    (Mercenaries might be taken in times of war. Mercenaries don't swear on the Credo of the Town Guard and thus shall not be permanent and standard members of the Town Guard)

Of course, every citizen of Troll's Bane has the right to defend oneself. Also visitors may defend themselves if they are attacked and no guard is around.
If such a case occurs, mind to announce it at the town board or via letter to the Captain, the High Judge or the Governor to allow the officials of Troll's Bane to keep an overview!

Pay per dwarfen month:
  • Captain: 25 silver
    Lieutenant: 22 silver
    Guard: 20 silver
    Recruit: 10 silver

((If you have questions, please use a discussion on the RPG board or use the PM function. It will secure the clarity of this topic. Thank you.))
Last edited by Troll's Bane Town Guard on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Declaration of the recent changes (letter from the new captain)

Dear citizens of Troll's Bane
Dear inhabitants of Gobaith

In the past few month, and maybe even years, the town of Troll's Bane, but the town guard especially has seen a lot of change. Change of course is nothing bad in general, but only as long as it doesn't hinder the efficiency of a group like the town guard.

My name is Ascius Dilcanius Vincus. Some of you might know me, some might not. Let me only tell you that I came to this island from Salkamar a few years ago. I will try to do this job as good as I can, which is the same I will desire from my guards.
I was asked to take the position of the guard captain by the recent governor, Jorokar Sladrir.

You will have noticed quite a few changed of the town guard while reading the Credo, Competence and Raking System above.
What I will try to do is making the town guard a real guard again. It should only work inside the borders of Troll's Bane. Of course, guards might participate in conflicts outside town, but not with their official title as 'Troll's Bane Town Guard'.
I will also try to build up a certain distance of the guard from politics. It was common in the past to judge and change the town guard with the upcoming of new politicians, which led to a contant breakup and reunion of the town guard. Such is hindering the efficiency of a town guard. The guard is there to enforce the laws of Troll's Bane (which only slightly changed during the different periods of governors) and to protect the citizens of Troll's Bane from dangers from the outside.

Of course, the town guard can not be independent from the recent governor of Troll's Bane. Still, it should only be dependent on him or her by law. The town guard is not the personal army of the governor, but the personal defensive force of the citizens of Troll's Bane.

I have watched the recent conflict between the two knighthoods closely. I am not in the position to dictate politics. Still, I think no member of a certain group or other town should be a guard of the Troll's Bane Town Guard. This will keep conflicts which grow between groups who have nothing to do with the town outside the towns own protective force.
Of course I know that most groups only want good for the citizens of Troll's Bane and the inhabitants of Gobaith. We should honor their efforts. Thus, I want to create the 'Allies' rank. Like every citizen has the right to defend oneself, the righteous groups shall also have the chance to defend themselves and others who need help within the borders of Troll's Bane.
You have probably read the description of the 'Allies' above. I hope it makes clear what is ment by them. I wish to meet with the leaders of every gruild or knighthood suitable for an ally. Please respect that no allies are announced right away. This is a phase of change. Give everyone some time so no one makes mistakes.

I know that those are quite a lot of changes. Althought, compared to the status quo of Troll's Bane, they are not real great changes.
I just hope you all give the new plans a bit time to develop, and to trust me. I also trust all the inhabitans of Gobaith and the citizens of Troll's Bane to give the new order a bit time to develop and grow, to secure the safety and peace of everyone.

written and signed,
Ascius

((I will translate this all once I find the time to/Ich werde alles übersetzen, sobald ich Zeit dafür habe))
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Dear Captain,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your efforts and hope for a speedy formation of a just and competent Guard. Me and the Dwarves of Goldburg often spend much time in TrollsBane trading and helping others. Our Embassy is located in Trollsbane, and our recent support of the 'new' Governor during the last war only leads to tighter relations and security for all who desire peace. However, as wise men know, peace is often purchased with strength.

Goldburg wishes to be considered for the position of 'Ally'. We wish to continue our mutually beneficial relations with TrollsBane. I can speak to you and the Governor at your earliest convenience if needed.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg
Steward of the "Axe of Irmorom"
Manager of the "Glassworks Theater"
Friend to TrollsBane
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Hear ye!

I have spent the past few days looking for the old guards and recruits, and also with talking to possible allies.

I haven't spoken to everyone yet, but I will announce here what was done yet:

I have spoken to
Altrix,
Julia da Silva,
Eli Travinus,
Those three take back their old position. Although Altrix is advanced to the rank of lieutenant.
Timothy and Dereugh Sorntales are new recruits.

I will announce the time for a first official meeting soon.

I was also contacted by a few groups who could be allies of Troll's Bane. The negotiation still take place, be sure that something about them will be announced soon.

I still wish to speak to all the guards from the former town guard. I will try to find you, but you might also try to find me.

signed,
Ascius
Last edited by Ascius on Sat May 31, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troll's Bane Town Guard

Post by Troll's Bane Town Guard »

Topic: Criminal Offence

Today, the elf Borine, who looks like ((6474*****)) has tried to rob a woman who looked like ((1384*****)). The woman is asked to indenfity and give a statement via letter to the guard.

When lieutenant Altrix tried to stop Borine, he was attacked by him. Borine lost the fight, but was able to escape.

The offences are: Attempted robbery, attack on a town guard.

The High Judge should take up work. Until the trial is over, the elf Borine is banned from the Town of Troll's Bane. He is not allowed to enter.

If Borine behaves from now on, the ban might be lifted. When that will be is his decision. Behave, and you might enter again sometime.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Ascius,

Myself, Behemoth and Indril are willing to become the militia.
The rest of people I fought with decided to go their own ways for now.

Konrad.
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Konrad Knox, Behemoth and Indril have been added to the allies list.

I will use this moment for clarifying what I though allies should be:

Allies should be whole groups or at least part of groups who wish to help Troll's Bane in times of need. Being on the allies list, they 'promise' to be there for the town if it is in danger.
Allied groups will not get prison keys, at least not everyone of them. Maybe their leaders, time will have to tell us whether that is necessary or not.
Allies are of course allowed to help the guards with their work and to attend to the guard meetings. They are asked to step in if crime happens inside the town.

For single persons, the recruit/guard or mercenary position should be chosen.

signed,
Ascius
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

TOWN GUARD MEETING

I would like to try the first meeting tomorrow in the evening hours. We shall meet in tavern. ((03.06, 18:30 GMT))
If you (guards, recruits, allies) can attend, it's fine, if you don't find the time, be asured that there will be other meetings.

Sincerely,
Ascius

((edit: I made a mistake!! It's the 03, not the 02! Sorry!))
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Keunthus was added to the list of guards.

He was a full guard before and will now continue his work.

signed,
Ascius
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Pellandria steps up to the black boards and hangs a Pergament on it.
The writing is not as neat as usual, perhaps the hand writing the letter being slightly shaky. The letter is signed in an authentic signature.

Alert Guards and Allies:

The man Dain Laiden has, without provocation or any reason at all, assaulted me alone in front of the jail. Julius stepped in, randomly slashing each one of us claiming it was for peace. Dain had then withdrawn, as well as Julius, however it did not end there.

When the rest of the Guards were there, Dain and Julius once again slashed at us all, gavely injuring many of the Guards, including myself, the Governor. They have been shown mercy recently, but it's time to show no more for these two.

They have been warned, and thus are now declared as outlaws. They are to be jailed immediately on sight. Be alert and armed at all times in the coming days. If one of them is spotted, contact the rest of the Guards as it is imminent and the highest priority to have them jailed.

~ Sir Jorokar
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

To all guards:

We need to find the woman called Kaelyn Ianale. She has to identify the prisoners.
Kaelyn is asked to who up and find the guards so the prisoners can be released soon, or at least their guilt can be proven.

Also, I ask the group calling themselves 'Watchers' to withdraw their threats. If you do not act and the innocence of Ricardo is proven, nothing will happen to anyone.

signed,
Ascius
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

The human Magnus Magnol is needed urgently to be jailed. Fines or any other sort of punishment will not suffice, for some questioning is needed. It is to be considered of importance to jail this person, and all guards should make sure that he will not care stupid portal books inside with him.

~ Sir Jorokar
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

*Below is hastily scribbled*

Id like to report a crime.

I was just entering into Elizas, when i found myself being blocked by a hooded elf (something in itself i remember being arrested for). He refused to let me into the shop, and after an altercation, he attacked me. I attempted to chase the criminal down, only for one of your men, Altrix, to allow the bastard to escape by attacking me.

Wolf
Lady Misha

Post by Lady Misha »

this seems to have been scratched into the peice of parchment by a shakey claw and tosses up with the others

A very rude north man with a red beard tried to kill Misha momments ago. As she exited Eliza's he yelled "this is for the watchers" and started swinging a sword at Misha. She managed to find a group of people who chased the man off to releif, and only sustained a small cut on her shoulder.

Below is a pastel drawing of the man

((158558569))

The drawing is quite good, good enough to recognise the man if he was standing next to it...though it is doubtfull the man had visable stink lines

Misha
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Wolf, you both have been ridiculously stubborn and both are at fault. The other elf, named Lonor, has been charged 8 silver coins and has paid them as requested. You are as well requested to pay a similar fine, and then you are free once again. I hope you do not pose any resistance and comply.

--

As regarding to the watchers: One of them has been reported to be dead, after insanely attacking people and never agreeing to cease or withdraw, even when he stood no chance.

The one who attacked Misha was hunted, and is now prisoned in the jail of Troll's Bane, thus posing no treat anymore. Page Gorim von Bragona as well Page Gregory Hardcast have done excellent work in this matter.
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

To all guards and allies:

The threats of 'The Watchers' to attack innocents, if the criminal Ricardo de Leon is not released from prison, have been made true.

From this moment on the group of 'The Watchers' is classified as outlaw. Every member of them no longer has the permission to enter the town.
Guards and allies are asked to use force to enfoce the ban. The gutless actions of 'The Watchers' will not be tolerated any further.

I am still willing to solve this conflict in peace. It is the 'The Watchers' choice where this will lead. Anyway, if one more attack on a citizen is reported, their chance will be gone, and they will be outlaws forever.

Sincerely,
Ascius
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Logrin Parr was set free from the prison. His innocence was proven.

We thank him for his cooperation.

signed,
Ascius
Borine

Post by Borine »

Seems like you don't even know who the watchers are...

Unsigned
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Felix has been added as a mercenary.

He accepted to continue his former work for the town, and though we are not in times of war, he shall be granted this 'special' position.

Sincerely,
Ascius
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

I was attacked and nearly killed by the elf Vynas Astelminion in front of the trollsbane workshop, I was barely able to escape and nearly died from the poisoning in the attack

Ichus Zmorl
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Post the names of Watchers, please. Or at least, suspected ones.

I take it Gregory is not one of them then?
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I, Sir Dantagon Marescot, suffered an assult of both the auditory, visual, and physical kind just a few hours ago. While at the workshop a man came looking for Joxia. I told her she went to go cook. After asking where she might be cooking at, Konrad Knox made a joke about what he would get in return if he knew. I called back over the man a (slightly insultive if you aren't Konrad) joke, which the man thought I said to him. He then procceded to raise a finger on his hand and yell an obcene word at me. I then told the man it was not directed at him, but he continued to walk off anyway.

As he walked off I told him where to check for her. However I also told him that I would like an appology for his gesture and words. His next reaction was something which makes me ponder his sanity. He walked closer to me and stated he was going to hit me in the throat. The man then proceeded to swing at me. I attempted to grab him in order to keep him from running off and to protect myself. In the attempt he managed to ram his elbow into my nose. At that point Thaylin and Konrad came over to see what was going on. I had let the man go after being hit and decided it was better to not follow him as this was best reported.

The man may look a bit like ((1052****)).

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Hey, that wasn't a joke! I was serious, I don't give directions for free! At least not directions to women.
Sorntales

Post by Sorntales »

7. Chos 24

On this day the human male named "Munalunder" committed the following crimes:
  • Disturbance
  • Assault
  • Defamation
  • Conspiracy to commit a Crime
He fled from being questioned and is currently at the large.
He is armed and knows potentially harmful spells.
Everybody stay vigilant.

D. Sorntales
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

I have talked to Munalunder about the incident.

He insured that he and his potential 'victim' are friends and have only played a game. The friend also insured that.
Although, Munalunder cast illusion flames on doors and escaped from a guard. Since he was very cooperative now, we have agreed that he shall be banned from Troll's Bane for one day and shall not be fined.

It all looks like a misunderstanding. Munalunder insured me that something like this will not happen again.

Also, I would like to thank recruit Sorntales for his good work.

signed,
Ascius
Joxia Doral

guard

Post by Joxia Doral »

I witnesses this man seeting magical flame to the doors of the governors house. Upon seeing me he ran. ((using #me runs away)) From what I saw I dont see how it can be considered a 'misunderstanding'. But then Sorntals did not even want to know what I saw...
Citizen of Trolls Bane
Squire of Kallahorn
Joxia Doral
Borine

Post by Borine »

I suggest the Town Guard has training days in order to teach the citizens how to fight and give them weapons there are too many assaults on townsfolk and action must be taken!

Christopher Rigden
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Munalunder is quiete an arrogant and self focused young man, the guard would better be off to punish him and show him that the laws are enforced, instead of giving him a handshake and later on carry off the corpses this all may cause.

~Pellandria~
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Dear Citizens,

I would like to remind you that this is not the place for a discussion.

Concerning Munalunder, it was his first criminal offence in Troll's Bane. The flames, by the way, were 'only' illusions.
Because it was his first time to become 'criminally active', the punishment is very low. Everyone can do something wrong from time to time, if it happens for the first and only time, it's fine.

Be asured that a more severe punishment follow if people cause trouble for more than one time.

Sincerely,
Ascius
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Pellandria wrote:Munalunder is quiete an arrogant and self focused young man, the guard would better be off to punish him and show him that the laws are enforced, instead of giving him a handshake and later on carry off the corpses this all may cause.

~Pellandria~
If people punished based on arrogance then you and I would both be in a lot of trouble.

~W.E~