Why Rothman?

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Thomas Rothman

Why Rothman?

Post by Thomas Rothman »

Righteous citizens,
you may ask yourself "Why should I vote for a Rothman?". The answers are simple. I stand for the dawn of glory days, without poverty, envy and wrath. I hereby promise to bring justice, wealth and welfare by the following measures:
  • No more injust laws - only the will of the gods, written down in 5 great and 11 minor commandments shall hold
  • No more private property - for everyone should have the same share of wealth
  • One man - one rule. All power shall be united in the person of the governor. An end comes to arbitrariness of self appointed "protectors"
  • No more elections - for only a dynasty can stand the test of time
  • An open town - everyone who dwells or resides in Troll's Bane has the same rights and duties

Do no fall to the venomous words of powermongers. Let the glorious Rothman family rule your fate and make sure your children will be raised in times of peace and security

Vote Rothman!
Last edited by Thomas Rothman on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

A ripped peace of paper lies here
Last edited by Llama on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lairia Rothman

Post by Lairia Rothman »

*The message on top has been ripped of*
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

An excellent choice Mister Thomas would be.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Olive

Post by Olive »

* a particularly bloody parchement is attached to the wall by a skilled raven that pecks the paper into place*

mister rothman, in the past, if we had bad government, we could remove it be elections, yet you propose removing elections, so how should we remove you if your government no longer suits the town? shoudl we just murder you since we have no more elections?

*there is no signature, just alot of bloody fingerprints*
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Wow what a great idea. You put yourself in power and then you can't be overthrown hence forth.

And it's even endorsed by his relative! Why, I would certainly be voting for this prospect if I were a citizen!

That is, if I were a masochist.

~W.E~
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Thomas has stated before that he planned to speak only partial truth in getting the election. He would strengthen the guard, not to uphold the law, but to be his little soldiers. Should you say something against him, he will surely send them after you. Should you question his authority, or fail to pay the tributes that will surely follow with being voted in, he will attack you. He is what Troll's Bane is not, and Troll's Bane is good.
-unsigned-
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Thomas Rothman has been caught bribing people for votes. How pathetic is that...

~Unsigned~
Lairia Rothman

Post by Lairia Rothman »

*everything underneath Julius' Rothmans last message has been ripped off, the remains have disappeared somehow. Strangely enough, the person ripping them off was a child, seemingly living on the street.*
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Vern Kron wrote:Thomas has stated before that he planned to speak only partial truth in getting the election. He would strengthen the guard, not to uphold the law, but to be his little soldiers. Should you say something against him, he will surely send them after you. Should you question his authority, or fail to pay the tributes that will surely follow with being voted in, he will attack you. He is what Troll's Bane is not, and Troll's Bane is good.
-unsigned-
Instead of on parchment though, it is carved onto some wood which is then hammered into the stone tightly.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Julius Rothman stepped to the board to find a random, and seemingly impossible carved wooden plank. He slid his sword in behind it and pulled towards him, ripping it from the wall. He muttered to himself as he propped himself against the wall, sword in hand, "Must be a strong arm or magic nails, for I've never seen a board nailed to a brick wall."
Lairia Rothman

Post by Lairia Rothman »

*A beautiful, red haired woman comes casually, bringing Julius some bread, ham and wine.*
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A small child, probably about 14, runs up to the board and writes 2 large words over the original page of Thomas Rothman

Fooser for King!

The child then runs off laughing
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Evan Ross wrote:A small child, probably about 14, runs up to the board and writes 2 large words over the original page of Thomas Rothman

Fooser for King!

The child then runs off laughing
(( Those make 3 words. ))
Thomas Rothman

Post by Thomas Rothman »

Citizens of the once glorious town of Troll's Bane,
to restore the fame and honor of this town is my aim, nothing more, nothing less. For this, we all must sacrifize and tighten our belts. On this island, strange habits were established, so much different from the customs on the main land. While the main land has recovered from the dark days that made people seek refuge on Gobaith, Gobaith itself has become a dark place...

Those who seek my patronage, with all benefits like free food, an income and protection, shall not hesitate and come to the bosom of the Rothman family.

Vote Rothman!
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Amazing how many people try to live off the name and deeds of one man.
Vorg

Post by Vorg »

A message is scrawled at the bottem of the parchment

Stevan ow Vorg 50 Silver.

Wont pay.

VORG
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Oh I see how this is. My original note was ripped down.

It said something along the lines of:

Wow, you get yourself voted in and then secure yourself a permenant position. Amazingly, even Julius Rothman himself endorses his relative. How surprising!

~W.E~

P.s. I wouldn't rip, edit.. or even touch this piece of parchment; it's hexed.