The Town of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Leonarde

Post by Leonarde »

I fear some people indeed misunderstand some points.

1.) Myself never attacked the bunch of flesh witch is know as "Fallen" in the position as judge. To the time, were i follow my faith to Malachin and draw my sword against that, what called himself a creature of the unspoken god, i was not judge of Trolls Bane.

2.) In the Situation yesterday, i try to avoid any fight with or for these demon, not only in reason, that i know, that normal wepoons can help against these creature witch fight with black, unholy magic. All i try, was getting it out of town.

3.) These creature was banned in reason of break follow laws:

• I F - Conspiracy to commit a Crime
  • II C - Obstruction of Justice
  • II E - Disobedience
  • II G - Threat and duress

Explanation:

As a confess demon of the unspoken god, he follow the way of blood and death. Maybe this bunch of flesh does that very deliberate and not very quite evident, but we should not forgot that such creatures speak with split tongue.

It is clear, that a demon of the unspoken god, is a threat for all peaceful and godly people of the Trolls bane. We would betray, all we stand for, at least our faith, if we wait, until such a creature his bloody and dark work begins.

We cant allow that is fool us and manipulate the townsfolk even more.

The law is not only to punish a criminal after his crimes, it is also to avoid crimes, to avoid suffering.

---Against that decision can be appeal to the governor.---

I know, these situations is delicate. And I also think these creature poisoning our all mind. In reason of that I will not accuse these people witch try to protect these unholy creature.

Malachin shall guard us all
~L. Q. A. Brousseborgne

Jude Atelhier

Post by Jude Atelhier »

These creature was banned in reason of break follow laws:
  • I F - Conspiracy to commit a Crime
  • II C - Obstruction of Justice
  • II E - Disobedience
  • II G - Threat and duress

Explanation:

As a confess demon of the unspoken god, he follow the way of blood and death. Maybe this bunch of flesh does that very deliberate and not very quite evident, but we should not forgot that such creatures speak with split tongue.

It is clear, that a demon of the unspoken god, is a threat for all peaceful and godly people of the Trolls bane. We would betray, all we stand for, at least our faith, if we wait, until such a creature his bloody and dark work begins.

We cant allow that is fool us and manipulate the townsfolk even more.

The law is not only to punish a criminal after his crimes, it is also to avoid crimes, to avoid suffering.

I know, these situations is delicate. And I also think these creature poisoning our all mind. In reason of that I will not accuse these people witch try to protect these unholy creature.

Malachin shall guard us all
~L. Q. A. Brousseborgne

Your missing the point entirely. Banning is NOT your choice. Also it is NOT your job to enforce the laws outside of a court. Do your job and let we who protect Trollsbane do ours.

If i find you acting out of line i'll knock you on your arse and throw you inta the first open cell i'm able to access. THAT is all you need to understand sir Brousseborgne .

If you have a complaint bring it up with the governor or the captain of the guard. If you cannot then be well warned, you will be punished when you step out of your station, just like anyone else.

I'll not tell you again

Felix
Mercenary of the Guard
Leonarde

Post by Leonarde »

Mister Felix,

please change your words, it's not what you say, but how you say it.

What I does was not a simple banning out of a mood, it fast a just a quick judgement, because the situation ask for. The role of the protector was, like it need to, in the Hand of the Town guard, in the hand of Guard Rorak.

Friendly Greetings
~L. Q. A. Brousseborgne
Jude Atelhier

Post by Jude Atelhier »

Then i shall talk to Rorak myself when I next have the chance. He wrote no offical notice of a ban therefore no ban actually exists.

Until the time this matter is spoken on by Rorak who you say was there, No ban made by the High judge should be honored. Without trial a judge has no way to call a true ban.

And i'll not change my word for you, if the brashness of my writing helps you understand that we all have our roles and yours is not guard then it has served it's purpose.

Felix
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

He has a point. And -that- creature may be a follower of the 'unspoken god', but maybe you ought to consider this. He was -forced- into that form by anouther creature. If you hurt him, you hurt an innocent and thus are acting in a manner that lacks honor. Split the two, or leave him be. If he has been in a conspiracy to commit a crime please tell that crime. Disobendience sounds like it was against you, after you told him to get out of town without grounds to do so. Threat and duress, perhaps that could be further explained. If it is for the reason that he is a creature in that form, then you are out of line. If it is because he threatened you because you tried chasing you out of town, once more you are out of line. So perhaps further explaination of the truth would be effective.
Thank you,
Artimer Fault.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Citizens,

Being a full member of the guard it saddens me that people do not bother to read the laws and know their rights. As it reads in the second principle of the law in the Troll's Bane doctrine:

LAWS AND REGULATIONS wrote:Principle 2: When one is accused by authority (Guards and higher positions), they may not refuse to cooperate and/or disobey the authority, even if innocent. If the accused one is found innocent later, they are compensated. Should they refuse or disobey authority and later proven innocent, they are not compensated and may be also charged for disobedience.

Higher positions include the High Judge of Troll's Bane my dear readers. Even the adviser to Troll's Bane can accuse a trespasser for a crime and can order the following punishments under the law:

LAWS AND REGULATIONS wrote:To punish criminals according to their status and graveness of the crime, the town employs several different kinds of punishments. These include but are not limited to: Humiliation (Pillory), Forced Labor, Fines, Confiscation of property, Imprisonment, declaring someone as outlaw or Execution (By hanging or decapitating).
As a word of caution to the newly instated High Judge of Troll's Bane and members of the guard, please read the laws carefully and act accordingly. You have all right under law High Judge to accuse someone of a crime and deal the proper punishment, but I daresay tread softly for you are an elected official of the people. Furthermore, regardless of your personal devotions and faith it is NOT against the law to be a worshiper, servant, or associate to the god Moshran.

That law was done away with under Governor Cromwell's reign. If you wish to reinstate that law by all means have a word with Governor Sladrir. I would like to remind you, however, of the state in which the guard is in currently. We are poorly supplied, undermanned, and inadequately skilled to resist the followers and worshipers of Moshran that are on this island. We cannot even remove the current outlaws that roam the street each day.

Also, High Judge Brousseborgne I once again urge you to reread the laws because unless the accused demon has miraculously made it onto the citizens list he is NOT allowed an appeal to the governor.

CITIZENS AND RESIDENTS wrote:Non-citizens: Still protected by law, but cannot appeal to higher court for review. Must pay taxes for any contructions in the grounds of Troll's Bane.

People of Troll's Bane the simple fact remains that under "these" laws only citizens and residents have outstanding rights. All others fall under the discretion of the guard. There is NO appeal for non-citizens. So for all of you wishing to defend the demon it may be short lived.

Lastly, High Judge Brousseborgne it is usually customary to describe how the accused broke each law. I plead on behalf of the people to do so, Sir. For the explanation given does not merit any of the laws you deemed him breaking.

Member of the Town Guard,
Servant to Lord Zhambra,

Mage Eli Travinus

*an extra bit of parchment is added to the document above*
Artimer if the demon is in fact two people I would like an immediate dove sent to me on the circumstances. Perhaps we can save the person trapped within or expel the demon.
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

To Felix:

Mercenaries of the Town Guard
(Mercenaries might be taken in times of war. Mercenaries don't swear on the Credo of the Town Guard and thus shall not be permanent and standard members of the Town Guard)

YOU ARE NO GUARD!
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Felix may as well be a guard, he is one of the best we have.
Artimer Fault.
Leonarde

Post by Leonarde »

Mister Travinus,

my thanks for your clear words to settle this distribute.

The current laws have much room for interpretation, especially if you need to translate them first (we work at a translation at the moment, when they is finished, I'm sure there will be lesser problems). But anyway I will plead for more clear laws in cooperation with Governor Sladir.

Also there will be a standard method for trials and there documentation as soon as possible.

But back to these trail. Indeed the law forbidden not directly to follow the unspoken god. But the history had teaching us all what objects followers of the unspoken gods, especially demons, have. So we have the choice to ignore these threat until these creature kill the first people or we react directly by banning him out of town. To give a relation, when wolf would be in town, you would wait until he is hungry?

In the beginning the "fallen" don't break the law by action but in his existence, it scare some citizens, he threat them by his existence to run away and violence these citizens with fear (Law: II G). In his following refusing to leave the town he break quite a number of other laws.

My advice to appeal was not given to the demon, but for the people witch defend him.

If it is true, that a innocence person is in these demon I would truly welcome if he can exempt from these unholy creature. But the risk for the citizens of Trolls Bane is to high to, the risk that his words are nothing as lies is simple to great to allow these "fallen" to stay in town.

Friendly Greetings,
~L. Q. A. Brousseborgne
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

There is but one fallen man, and he was cursed due to powerful magic. He is not in control of this, he is just along for the ride. You can either attack and kill an innocent, or leave him be. He has not and will not attack unless provoked by such actions such as your own towards him.
Artimer Fault.
Joxia Doral

Bane

Post by Joxia Doral »

Felix should have the same authority as a full guard.He takes the job seriously and is very fair minded.

Joxia Doral
Leonarde

Post by Leonarde »

Mister Fault,

I would be grateful if you could tell us from witch reliable source do you have your informations.

Friendly Greetings,
~L. Q. A. Brousseborgne
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Eyewitness encounters. The change happened while the man and Drethek went into the graveyard to train. As they reached the inner most point the came across the man, and turned 'Fallen" from his original state as man into a servant. His entire personality was gone, and thus we had this new creature who goes by Fallen. Fallen shortly returned to town, and he was peaceful for the most part, until people started hitting him with swords. Then he became scared. His master left, but the curse did not break. And on that first day when he was in town, there was a change in the middle of a conversation. It was evident that the man was still within, but then the Fallen took back control. And that I saw with my own eyes.
Artimer Fault.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Vern Kron wrote:There is but one fallen man, and he was cursed due to powerful magic. He is not in control of this, he is just along for the ride. You can either attack and kill an innocent, or leave him be. He has not and will not attack unless provoked by such actions such as your own towards him.
Artimer Fault.
I more than agree with this. Falllen has told me of youor encounter with him and it is you sir who is in the wrong. i consider him to be a very good friend and he often comes town just to seek me. I have never seen him behave badly and even when provoked he gives ample warniing and oppportunity for the person to back down. He will NOT be banned from town.

Joxia Doral
Jude Atelhier

Post by Jude Atelhier »

Amadi Yusuf Randal wrote:To Felix:

Mercenaries of the Town Guard
(Mercenaries might be taken in times of war. Mercenaries don't swear on the Credo of the Town Guard and thus shall not be permanent and standard members of the Town Guard)

YOU ARE NO GUARD!
Felix has been added as a mercenary.

He accepted to continue his former work for the town, and though we are not in times of war, he shall be granted this 'special' position.

Sincerely,
Ascius
Very true. I choose not to be a full guard because more oft then not a guard and the town officals are the ones who need to be watched and chastised when they behave foolishly or out of sorts.

The fact that an 'elected'or should be said 'chosen' officals being granted the same power as the force assigned to defend the stead I find completely distasteful and more over undermining to the folk who walk the roads an keep the peace. If the words of a recently sworn in man are the same as those of a guard or it's captain then it's clearly pointless to have protectors who are able to do more then swing a blade, else there will be constant internal arguments. Mayhaps some old laws should be rewritten.

I won't join the guard offically because the freedom of a mercenary suits me far better. I've no intention of holding back on anyone who impedes my work be they enemy, citizen, guard or offical.

Felix
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

A cloaked person with hood kept up, only a few strands of pale blonde hair may be seen occasionally sparkling in the moonlight, stands in front of the board barely breathing as she reads the latest posts closely. Whispering so quietly only a few words are possibly heard if standing next to her ".......possible... if so......dagger......the eyes" she grabs a pen now and writes at the bottom of the previous parchment with penmanship so heavy, a couple of tears are seen though the writing is still clear.

Fallen does no one harm.

The note remains unsigned.

Calling a dove she tears off a small corner of the parchment writing quickly a few words, then placing it on the leg of the dove whispers...

Stay there until I get an answer.

Holding her hand up and with a flick of her wrist she sends the dove on it's way before moving to the shadows between the buildings to wait.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

I sighn the words of High Judge Leonarde regarding the "Fallen" incident as true.

It is not neccecary to repeat everything, but two things should be added.

According to Mark Strongarm, one of the persons who consider the
demon as a "friend" the creature called "Fallen" is harmless until Mas.
As he is one of the Knights of Gobaith he would not lie, and if that would
just contain a small piece of truth "Fallen" poses a great threat to the
population of Trolls Bane.

That the ceature doesn´t show any hostileness is a too optimistic view.
If it is as peace- and powerful as everyone claims it would not have had
the need of drawing its weapons against a guard that tells it to stay
out of town.

If the ban schould be negated, I wish for an audience at the Gourvernor.

~Rorak, Town Guard
Joxia Doral

fallen

Post by Joxia Doral »

Whats the matter Rorak...you scared?

unsigned
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Once again Rorak and High Judge Brousseborgne you are missing a very large point. The guard cannot support and enforce such conflict at the moment. For all intensive purposes the last time we banned a person from Troll's Bane on the grounds that he was a follower of Moshran do you know what happened? I shall tell you, at the time the guard was much as it is right now, it was few in numbers and about the same in skill. The city of Troll's Bane decided under former Governor Siltaris' reign to ban worshipers of Moshran indefinitely.

The aftereffects were CHAOTIC as soon as Dain Laiden stepped into the city guards and people passing by at the time attacked him immediately. This resulted in Dain not giving a care about the law along with other worshipers and NO ONE could drive them back. You already said you were taken down by this Fallen's skill before you were High Judge. Can you ask yourself what instigated such hostility from this creature? I urge you now on behalf of the safety of the people of Troll's Bane to relinquish this hostility toward Moshran followers at least until we have a strong guard.

I know what will happen because I have seen it, you think you make the streets safer by banning someone/something from the city. This is far from the case when you don't use the law you are sworn to uphold. It is even worse when no one in the guard can match the skill or blade use of the one you ban. Now this creature has NO REASON at all to be civil in town.

Furthermore, you say that it scares people I would like to see a list of citizens that fear for their life in the presence of this creature. To further prove my point, I am sure at one time people were terrified of Goblins that strolled into town. Knowing that the ones to the north are nitrous thieves and muggers, yet now, I rarely see anyone afraid of goblins. I am sure you also realize that a great majority of Orcs are confessed and devout worshipers of Moshran, yet they are free to roam about the city.

For the Guard and Troll's Bane,
Wishes of Zhambra's Blessings,
Eli Travinus

abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

The banning of this hideous creature referred to as 'Fallen' shall NOT be lifted. If any person has the ability to free this creature from its curse, then do so, but until then, the creature is unwelcome in our town.

Troll's Bane should not fear one's strength, and lift one's banishment simply for the reason of their strength. If there's the need for banishment, then the need will be satisfied.

This word is final.
I hope that I will not have to repeat myself again.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Governor of Troll's Bane
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

May I remind everyone, citizens and non-citizens alike who are on the grounds of Troll's Bane some important points:

- You are to obey the authority (authority includes the Town Guard, and all the officials) no matter the case. If you are unjustly punished by a guard, do obey as well. Failure to do so results in disobedience of authority which is a crime in itself. If you are a citizen of Troll's Bane, you have then the right to appeal to the High Judge or Governor if you think you are unjustly punished, and if we see that you are innocent, you shall be compensated. Only citizens may do this.

- When any authority is investigating a scene in which you are suspected to be part of, fleeing the area is intolerable behaviour and prove you guilty. Bear a little patience until the decision is taken by the authority.

- Respect should be shown towards the authority. You do not insult other people, let alone the authority. You cannot refuse or disregard the authority, for they have control over Troll's Bane. If you do not wish to have someone above you, then stay away from Troll's Bane.

- Unjustly attacking a person is a serious crime. Attacking a guard is graver. Assaulting the Governor is an insane, intolerable vandal that can lead to serious punishments including execution.

- Following improper use of magic within town can lead to the banning of magic usage by a particular person.

There shall be no debates on these matters.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Governor of Troll's Bane
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Yeah, I have a debate. Why is assaulting the governor a greater offense than assaulting a citizen of town. We elected you, we defended you, and we pay tax and feed the city. If there is anyone who should be protected in a harsher way, it's not the governor, because you, Jorokar, are a capable fighter. It's the young women and children who the authority should switch their attention to. Assaulting a peasant, an unarmed farmer, crafter, or cook or other non-combatant should be the gravest of offenses.
Such is my opinion as a concerned citizen.

On the second note, Fallen is a harmless fellow. I think if we can secure him in chains during the short month of Mas, when he supposedly goes berserk, he is quite a pleasant being to deal with. Leonarde attacked him in the shop, for nothing more than being ugly, and Fallen, having bested him, treated him with his own healing potion, paid for it, and carried him on his back to the hospital. Something most non-Moshran followers don't even bother to do.

Konrad Knox ~>
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Take my label from the Allies list. I protect not this broken government.

Any more of your guards treat me with disrespect, they shall lay in their own blood again.

///
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I made myself clear.

I am almost shocked and appalled to see such a lack of respect towards the authority. There's barely any place on the whole of Illarion where the Governor is treated like an ordinary peasant. If Troll's Bane does not enforce such respect, then the state Troll's Bane shall never improve. If people show respect to the authority, then respect shall be shown back, the citizens more heartily protected, and affairs gone well.

As regarding Fallen, the decision and thus the banishment remain as they are. It may be the case that it will be further discussed, but otherwise, it will not change currently.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

abcfantasy wrote:If people show respect to the authority, then respect shall be shown back, the citizens more heartily protected, and affairs gone well.
If such were true... I would not have slain your guard

///
Borine

Post by Borine »

Hmm I guess that defending your self from groping arms is assault now...

*the letter is signed in large capital letters*

CHRISTOPHER RIGDEN
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

A parchment is hastily placed on the town board with writing not identified at first having never written anything on it before. Up in the corner of the parchment there is a small hand print, obviously a baby's with something that could possibly be strawberry on their hand. The note is written fairly carelessly, and one or two words go up the side, as if someone may have been busy doing something else also as she wrote it.

Fallen was almost dead and I healed him, He did no harm to me or Darren. If the month of Mas is a problem, follow Konrad's advise. I hope the government of Troll Bane will reconsider it's position.

Sincerely,
Kaila Travinus

The "s" trails off and down the page onto a very large ink spot at the bottom as if the pen quit working. There is an empty pen on the floor.
The Shield

Post by The Shield »

A broad muscular man dressed in a long hooded black worn cloak approaches from the shadows of the night, delicatly attaching an elegantly written note whilst none bear witness...

Tis amusing, Jorokar, to bare witness to you sitting upon your liars chair, watching as the your empire of dirt in which you lead shatters such as the glass smashed by a jester at the royal event.. Foolishly stumbling drunk before a crowd of judgemental eyes.

It is all too clear to all in which you once had convinced, what a true coward and fool you have become. How does it feel to be on the sharp end of the blade? To have your masked pulled from your large pompous head.

Your ego shant match the wrath in which you shall now face.
May the gods have mercy on your soul.

The following signature has been written in blood, possibly pigs blood..
~The Shield
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

According to Mark Strongarm, one of the persons who consider the
demon as a "friend" the creature called "Fallen" is harmless until Mas.
As he is one of the Knights of Gobaith he would not lie
If you consider my words to be the truth you would have also listened to me when I tried to explain that fallen is a peaceful creature. I can understand why you would draw at first site of a creature looking like fallen, most demons attack instantly without a word. Fallen - as I made very clear - is a friend of myself and many in town and has not started trouble with anyone. After being totally discriminated against, insulted and threatened Fallen returned some harsh words against the guards (a crime I think can be forgiven since he was under pressure of much abuse) After the ban, he left immediately in my recomendation.

Speaking half my words for your own advantage is congruent with lying and slander to my integrity as a knight - I in no way condone the banning of fallen from trollsbane

On a seperate yet perhaps relevent note somewhat brought up by eli - I feel in no way that worshiping the bloodgod should be a crime. Often these followers brake the law and that is when action should be taken. Worshiping a god ((and a god who fell defending Illarion .. acording to legend)) should not be a crime.

Furthermore I feel the governor should take into account all witnesses and not the accounts of non-witnesses to the event in question.

The event in question is an act of violence against the peaceful and law abiding being Fallen. It was commited by Rorak while another guard and the high judge watched passively. If I can press any kind of charges I would like to , there were other witnesses there who may feel the same way.

Sincerely
Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobiath
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

~This note has been removed~
Last edited by Q-wert on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.