Announcement: A new era for Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

*a raven caws pecking at a note attached to it's leg.. eventually the bird releases the thong that binds it. the message reads as follows*

I've not been in this town long.. i live in the woods mostly but when i am in need of company i come to Troll's Bane. it's walls have protected me from fearce creatures. and hold a certain security i think.. however i do think they should not serve to shut others out.. walls are tricky things indeed.. on the matter of peace i say this.

i value almost every one in Troll's Bane as family.. the one's i dont.. well i dont know them yet... i am most pleased to hear any declaration of peace.. i've not been here long but Mr. Wolf was one of my first meetings and no matter his past i see him as friend.. it will be nice to talk with him again after such time has passed.. i can only hope peace will thrive.

Darius Kain
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Enough, all of you.

This fight, this war, this waste of time is over and done with. Let it end and let us speak no more of it from this point onwards. Now the isle must look foward to the future and stop quarling over the past few weeks. Let us lay down our arms and our quils and hope for a more peaceful future after a rough, confusing past.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

(below is scribbled hastily in a rough hand)

I propose unsigned writer for governor.

~Wolf
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:((second part of the post, Keunthus has his own. :wink: ))

“Sir” Gregory Outcast,

Is the air in your native Albar particularly thin, or is there any other conceivable explanation to why you are such an utter and complete airhead?

Dog? I’m not the one jumping and sitting when someone commands. I’m not the one on anyone’s leach. You are Sladrir’s little bitch, a mere lackey, at his service. If you seek a dog, look into a mirror, you pathetic fool.

Allow me to introduce you to the wonderful world of logic, reason and justice, I’m sure this is your first and most likely only visit:

A situation where someone is accused of something, a honorable person makes sure to investigate in order to be sure of the person’s guilt, before assuming he is guilty. You did not investigate. You assumed the accusation was true down to the last detail. You made the offer to protect any woman with your sword (quite admirable in itself). However in the next sentence, you promised to “punish” those accused by a woman. You did not promise to assist the town the town guard, just to punish. Even if no laws were broken, then ‘you’ would be the judge and executor, possibly relying on nothing more than the word of a bitter woman. Who knows, maybe the accusing lady made advances towards Magnus, but he refused? A real knight would think before taking action, you cannot, it seems.. just hack your way through everything. Apparently that is all you are capable of doing, idiot.

We have laws in the city, which should be the same even for your type of thinking-handicapped knightlings on a power trip. Your conduct is a clear display and proof of the fact that you are hardly sensible enough to be allowed to uphold those very laws your brash and threatening behavior so violates in so unjustified manner. Even a half-wit like Keunthus seems to understand it, but you simply cannot. I wonder why? Expect Jorokar to save your behind? I’m sure he shall overlook your misbehavior, don’t worry. He has a knack for pardoning violent criminals, as we know.

I heartily recommend that you do not lay your fingers on Magnus Magnol. Otherwise I can assure you, that you will come to regret the decision to harm him, and the knights who side with you shall as well. I am only equipped with a pen, ink, brains (something which most people seem to lack here) and a pair of eyes, so thus you will not have to take this as a threat from me, but simply as a fatherly advice to a clueless child. Magnus has saved countless lives of innocent people through his healing skills, (something which you, I’m sure, ignored or were ignorant of as you were trying to “protect” a damsel into giving you some out of pity) and this has earned him many powerful friends, even if he might be a bit eccentric at times. You, spoiled Albarian brat, are not even worthy of licking dirt from his boots. Good luck for the skirt-chasing, I’m sure you need all the luck you can get for that.

Heed my advice, Scatterbrain.
The Unsigned

PS. If you were truly concerned of anything, you would be confronting your Dear Leader instead of me.
(below is written in a welltrained, deliberate hand, in violet ink)

How utterly amusing. Thankyou for a morning chuckle.

I assure you i am not an 'airhead'. I, unlike you, have been educated.

Now, onto your pathetic excuse for an attack on my character, which is obviously by the way a desperately veiled attempt at discrediting the knighthood at large.

No, you are a dog. And you have left your disgusting pawprints all over this discussion. There is no more evidence i need to give.
I disagree with Sir Sladrir over several things, however i have stayed out of the discussion on the war (in which by the way, noone was killed) as i have not been on the island long enough to fully understand the causes or situation. I look in the mirror often enough, dont worry. I openly admit my vanity.

Now then. How the HELLSBRIAR have you come to the conclusion that i will not investigate the situation fully?? As far as i know, we have never met. You know nothing about me, therefore such a bizzare statement proves that either you are stupid or you have an agenda. I suspect you care nothing for this 'magnus', and are simply using the issue to portray myself, and the knighthood in a poor light. Thank Zhambra you are to stupid to succeed.

Perhaps i should make myself clear. If a lady comes to me, and reports on any individual either insulting or molesting her in an unwanted manner, then i will investigate the issue, and if found in the wrong, punish the guilty party in a way i see fit.

You sir, appear to be demanding that the woman in question should be ignored, and left to her ills. You are absurd. My honour is intact, and yours, if you had any in the first place, is subsequently in tatters.

I will ignore the rest of your accusations, as they appear to be nothing more than some bizzare rant where you repeat yourself countless times, and make little sense. You try to swamp people with your words, but you swamp yourself with your idiocy.

If Sir Jorokar wishes me to refrain from defending women of the town, i will do so. Skirtchasing? Peasant, i assure you i dont chase. I sit on a chair, and let her do it for me.

Now shutup, and crawl back to your kennel. You distress the people with your smell.

Sir Gregory Hardcast
Page of knights Gobaith
Household knight to Andrew Hardcast, Duke of Albar
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

“Right facts?”

Interesting choice of words, “Governor”. The undertone seems to be that for you, there are both “right facts” and “wrong facts”. I am satisfied to say that for me there are only facts, regardless whether you prefer the reality presented by these facts or not. So yes, I do not accept the “right facts” thank you very much.

In order to clear this for once and all, let us underline what we know for sure. The undeniable facts, that cannot be disputed. The reasons can be debated, but this the text in bold is what happened:

1. A contract was signed between Julius and Jorokar. Jorokar broke his word.

He says he was forced and abducted; I say bollocks. See point 2 for explanation.

2. Jorokar did not inform the public of the shady backroom deal.

It is irrelevant if he told to the image staring back at him from the mirror, if the public was not informed. How does it make the situation of the Trollsbane citizens any better, if he only informed his lackeys?

So either he planned to use the pact against Julius in the event of Kallahorn victory in the elections (thus; recognizing its usefulness even if he was “forced” to sign it) or he actually had no qualms to sign the pact before his thirst of power got the better of him . If he had been “forced”, why not to reveal the plans of Kallahorn to all? It makes absolutely no sense to announce the “abduction” but then to withhold the actual reason of the abduction from the public. No, ladies and gentlemen.. It is much more likely that Jorokar either signed the pact willingly, or decided to retain it as a tool against a Kallahornian governor. Thus, it was in his best interest to keep the public in the dark, even if it had been everyone else’s best interest to know of it.

When a merchant doesn’t tell you that the bread you purchased is rotten inside, despite knowing it, he is lying to the buyer by misleading him. By not telling of the treaty, Jorokar was misleading those who voted for him, and everyone else.. lying to them.

One can also argue that Jorokar was immediately obliged to inform Fooser of the treaty due to its treacherous nature (“sharing” the town between third parties) something which he evidently failed to do.

He says he feared another pact-signing ambush? What? He feared they would make him sign the paper again, as well as a non-disclosure agreement? Bollocks. He knew, he should have told it immediately. If he would have had some qualms with the pact, he would have, ambush or not. A knight would place the public good before his own, instead of misleading people for his own gain.

3. Julius declared war on Trollsbane, using Jorokar’s violation of the pact as the pretext. All sides agreed, that it was actually a war against Jorokar personally.

Jorokar agreed, Julius agreed, Dantagon agreed, gods, even I agree.

4. There were several peace offers from Kallahorn, which were promptly refused or ignored. The first offer expected nothing more than Jorokar’s resignation. Jorokar at the same time claimed not to oblige anyone to fight by his side, but decided to involve and endanger the citizens of the town directly by not resigning.

This is clearly the point where Jorokar put his personal interest, and those of his personal group, in front of the interest of the citizens he is supposed to represent . He claims this is due to his belief that they would forcibly assert themselves as the rulers of the town, but the notion suggests he is lying through his teeth as usual. The balance of power would have remained the same, and the knighthoods would not have been able to move against the town, without the other getting agitated.

So, what exactly would have been different without Jorokar? No war. No knighthood scatterbrains thinking that they are above the law. No more fear of Kallahorn taking revenge on Jorokar someday. No lying and deceitful leadership. Things might be calm now, solely due to Jorokar’s overpower in the number of numbskull bruisers. Should he weaken, I am sure that his enemies will jump at the opportunity of hanging him from the highest tree of the town because of their growing personal grudges, and we don’t know what that mess will do to the innocent townspeople.

Should he have resigned, the worst thing which would have happened is that the war would have continued and ended a bit. Most likely not. I’m sure the foolish declaration would have been withdrawn, and the two knighthoods would have either settled it by themselves or situation would have returned to status quo. On the other hand, without him Trollsbane would have a neutral leader, a leader who can be trusted to consider the Town’s best interest before the interests of his own little group. A leader, who does not endanger the citizens and place the town under threat to quarrel with some random guild.

5. Jorokar was about as decisive as the wind during the conflict, handing out death sentences and lifetime bans with one hand, then pardoning the same people with the other. First statements are all fire and brimstone, denouncing entire Kallahorn and some members in particular as irremediable murderers. He then in effect, pardons the same people in a mere few days, despite acknowledging their constant danger to the public earlier.

He first endangered the people with war, and then he let those accused of starting the war and being complete no-goods loose in the town. Maybe that ended the war sooner, but is it worth it to stop when the job is only half-finished? Criminals should have been tried and punished, and not cleared of their sins... so they can hurt and murder someday again.

He claimed not to tolerate criminals and crime, but his mercifulness crosses the line from mercy to indifference. Too many years in the knighthood have made him oblivious to the plight of the common man, the fact, that not everyone is a sword-waving, armor-clad numbskull like he is. So he let the criminals loose, to simply hunt them again someday? What is the difference, citizens?

I tell you what: More innocents will be hurt before the evildoers receive their rightful, due punishment. They have received a pardon, completely undeserved, for all their past crimes.

Citizens of Trollsbane!

Your governor has no vision of future, and dark clouds cover the horizon of his own. He only wishes to cling on to power for the sake of clinging on to it, as well as to keep any potential challengers from the opposing knighthood at bay. He places the town, its citizens and infrastructure under threat by dragging them into his personal conflicts, releasing troublemakers to the streets, as well as leaving many grudge-bearing enemies to sharpen their daggers and wait for his weak moment to pay back. When it happens, it is the moment when he places the citizens in danger again, directly, by his refusal to have neutral and Trollsbane-concerned leadership for the town.

Down with Jorokar Sladrir! Replace him with someone neutral and competent! Someone truly From Trollsbane, For the People of Trollsbane! Not for any guild or knighthood! Open your eyes! Save yourselves from the downward spiral and death this man, Jorokar Sladrir, is certain to bring in his wake!

The Unsigned
Dantagon Marescot

Or you could simply see where the rest of his term goes and wait for the next election. Many govenors in the past have screwed up, what makes you think Jorokar should have any less right to a second chance?

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Oh, but allow me to turn this question around:
What makes you think Jorokar should be given a second chance despite all his reckless, inconsiderate, dishonest, questionable, disloyal and downright criminal behavior? Especially as it is quite likely that this "second chance" will bring nothing but more suffering for the citizens of Trollsbane?

How do you simply shrug off all his acts? Do you think he should remain unpunished and be simply allowed to be as nothing had happened? How do you justify this to the Citizens of Trollsbane?

Is there any justification? Other than you two being in the same knighthood, and best buddies, of course.

No, of course not. You would not ask for second chances, unless the governor was a friend of yours. This kind of behavior is what tarnishes and drags the reputation of your entire Knighthood down, Dantagon.

Defending eachother regardless of the evil acts. There is no place for such behavior in Trollsbane, where normal, hard-working civilian people live their lives.

The Unsigned
Dantagon Marescot

I think he should be given a second chance because I am really tired of your complaining. Will you give it a break all ready? You point has been made multiple times, we get it, Jorokar played in cow dung and screwed up. Will you give it a rest for now?

Dan
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

I believe that he simply wishes for justice to be served. "Jorokar should be given a chance because I do not like the truth and shall therefore ignore it until it goes away", is not a valid reason for giving him a second chance. Who knows how many wars we will be led into under his rule?

~unsigned
Dantagon Marescot

If he leads Bane into another war, I promise to smack him up side the head multiple times. Event's happened to quickly before and after he became govenor. Just see where everything goes and hope he doesn't screw up again. I must wonder if the attacks on his time as govenor are people finding flaws because they don't like him, or because they really do care about the mistakes he made. I some how doubt the latter.

And with that, let this war of words end. At this point it has become nothing more than annoying.

Dan
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

AYAYAAAAYYY!

F
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

You promise to smack him in up side the head multiple times? Honest? Cross your heart and wish to die?
Thank you Dantagon. Reading those lines has taken a huge weight of worry and concern for the citizens of Trollsbane off my chest, and it seems that finally I can let this all be...

...In your dreams, you indifferent, honorless and nepotistic scumbag!

Is this actually the best you can do to even fake concern of the danger your friend places us all into with his rule, and the massive amount of dishonest, reckless, criminal and downright honorless actions he has committed?

Oh, we better just kneel down and pray he doesn't stick to his modus operandi and recklessly endanger the town for personal gain, or just screw up out of sheer lack of competence. Is that what you seriously suggest we ought to do? Hope? I on the other hand, can offer you a guaranteed of way him not doing that. His signed resignation, announced here for all to read (as opposed to announcing it to his knighthood buddies alone). Not more difficult than that.

There is nothing he can say to defend his criminal and dishonest ways with. Nothing. Neither can he, and thus he remains silent! Hoping everyone would just ignore what he has done to get into power, eventually forgetting about his dishonesty.

Sadly, seems that I should let it be. By gods, revealing the truth about Jorokar and discussing it here annoys Dantagon. You may doubt my motivations for your heart's content, but then again, if you placed half the effort into doubting your friend's honesty and ability to lead the town succesfully (Both of which I have proven to be close to nil) you'd actually join me in asking him to resign!

I might not like your friend, that's true. However, that is because of his multiple and serious flaws. You on the other hand ignore the flaws, close your eyes and pretend they are not there, simply as you like him. Which one is worse, knightling? Opinion based on concrete, hard facts, or opinion based on nothing expect your own imagination?

I do not expect a real, honest answer from you. Why should I? I'm getting used to dealing with you knights-in-denial. Hope he doesn't screw up? That was even more pathetic than I feared, Dantagon.

Congratulations, the bar has been lowered.

The Unsigned
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

You say nothing new. Jorokar is not going to resign, and you are wasting your time. What is it you expect to achieve? Are you calling for a re-election? A rebellion? What exactly?

~Colin
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Do any of you expect anyone to to read these massive blocks of text, when all they contain seems to be nonsense?
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

I could do far worse things with my time, such as join the Gobiathers.

What am I calling for?
A rebellion? No. I value the lives and well-being of our citizens much too highly to suggest such brash course of action.

What, then?

I am above all, asking for Jorkar's immediate resignation and the appointment of governing citizen-council for the duration of his term in office, or any earlier date set by the council. After this date, new elections would be held.

I believe that Fooser, the previous Governor, in cooperation with some of the most highly-regarded and prominent (non-aligned) citizens of the town should take over the management and governatorial duties. This will provide the town the kind of competent, unselfish and neutral type of leadership to ensure governance in the best interest of the town and it's citizens.

I also believe that the nomination rules should be amended to exclude all those who are part of any other military organization than the town guard. This, simply to make it clear, that no more shall the town be dragged into senseless conflicts between two competing, foreign militaries. By no means do I intend to outlaw any knighthoods, but simply to prevent them from interfering in the internal matters of Trollsbane in the future.

Of course, I am highly sceptical of achieving my most reasonable expectations. After all, Jorokar himself would have to resign, and he is too powerhungry to do that, even for the common good.

The Unsigned

As for the other unsigned writer: I expect only people who are capable of comprehending the text and who have a heart that cares about the town, to read the gospel of my quill. Obviously, as you fail in both categories, you may sod off.
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

Dantagon Marescot wrote:If he leads Bane into another war, I promise to smack him up side the head multiple times.

Dan
Another selfless Knight making light of war? Oh! He is apart of the "Knighthood of Gobiath" where the bar is put so low even someone like Jorokar can end up being the leader of it.

Jaren
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

The reason I did not write yet is since I have more important errands to do for the majority pleased citizens, rather than wasting time and ink to reply to one or two dull, close-minded, prejudging persons. You think you are wise coming with all these points and "facts", using your wit to twist the whole plot and turn it against me, like this was all my doings. Yet, you do not use that biased wit of yours to actually accept and admit that much of what you say are lies, and that you refuse to accept the truth, even when it was clarified by both me and my past-attackers. You've been insulting the various people here, but I think that you are the downright thickhead.

I have wasted enough ink to explain all about this "pact", the truth was proven to all. Now if you are too blockheaded to at least accept this, then you are completely useless to me or to anyone that reads your petty letters. I'm starting to believe that you do not truly care for the citizens or for this town, but use that excuse as a mask of deceit to bring yourself seem higher and more reasonable then your dumb mind actually is. Your bigoted behaviour can only be explained with either personal hatred, jealousy or simply a way to do something with your life.

And another thing, probably not surprising: You are contradicting. You (and I agree to this small part) harshly insist that the past-opposers had personal issues against particularly me. Whether it was simply hatred, or injustice, or unfairness or whatever, the past-attackers wanted nothing but myself, in attempt to take me down from my position. Very well, so far as good. Now, you claim that I have let these people (that, for the sake of your denseness, I repeat that they wanted and targetted particularly myself) roam freely on Troll's Bane endangering its citizens. How is this contradicting? If the last point was true, then it becomes clear that it was not something personal from the beginning, but rather that these men are simple criminals that wish to outdo anyone in their paths and that they wish to. But no, they aren't. It was a personal attack, and they are not simply going to slash at any citizen they encounter. Besides, their recent crimes were all related to the Knighthood of Kallahorn or its leader, and now they have all disbanded that Order.

In any case, I have said enough and will not once again write another letter. And please, don't be an absolute imbecile and unequivocal tomfool again and state that I do not respond simply because I am cannot answer your divine, all-so-true, godly words or..."facts".

A governor cannot please all the people, but only the majority. I shall strive to widen that majority as much as I can, but to those one or two people who are too proud of their seemingly wise-judgements and seemingly good-wit to actually accept the facts as they are, I will refuse to attempt to please them.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

I’m quite amused and glad to see that your writings are finally beginning to show emotion. It is quite evident that you either feel threatened, or I indeed hit a sensitive spot.

As you have shown yourself as incapable of absorbing information or learning, I think it would be waste of time for me to lecture you of Knightly and Governatorial etiquette and manners. I sincerely wish, for the sake of the people of Trollsbane, that you will not have to deal with difficult diplomatic issues as your nonexistent ability to cope with differing opinions in at least outwardly polite manner. Surely, I provoked you, but surely enough, you managed to show your inadequacy as a knight and governor. So, after I am done with chuckling, I shall simply skip the nonsensical insults and focus on the essential; tearing your words to shreds as usual.

The truth was not ’proven’ at any point, unless you consider your word as a sufficient proof. Of course, what the rest of us already know is that your word is known to be quite fragile and easily broken, as you have admitted yourself, though words and action. Thus, your word is inadequate proof.

I gave a quite logical analysis of the situation. Or, why is it that you cannot offer your “happy citizens” an explanation for keeping them in the dark of the pact? Why didn’t you inform Fooser of the treacherous plan? Unanswered questions, governor. You have proven absolutely nothing. You have merely remained quiet, not answered any of the difficult questions that have risen… and now you wave the silence as your “proof”, you pathetic idiot. I hope you choke to the silence.

I am contradicting myself? Jorokar, Jorokar, you are such an utter and complete ass. It’s the other way around: You are contradicting yourself. Everything I have said of the 'criminals', is more or less a direct quote from your writings, and the conclusions from those said writings. YOU said they were irremediable murderers and criminals, and should be killed. You said that they are a danger, and thus any action against them is just. You and your cronies banned them from town for life, and put prices on their heads. You are the one who then, mere days later, retracted all these statements and pardoned them. You are the walking contradiction, you drooling fool. In no way does that prevent the conflict itself from being personal (thus dragging the town, ruled by you personally, into the conflict), or that they would seek to pay ‘you’ back with dues (endangering the citizens again). I’m glad to see another attempt from you to downplay the dangers posed to the citizens of the town by such conflicts.. and you dare to suggest, that I would not care for the town? Well, obviously the pain and suffering of the common man is no concern for a “sir” such as yourself..

Yes, a governor might not be able to please all.. But who are you trying to please? Your blockheaded cronies in the Knighthood, it seems... as you are already disassembling some of the most basic structures of the town. I’m hardly surprised to notice that you have decided to do away with the position of the Guard Captain. After all, now that you have Trollsbane as mere doormat for your knighthood, I’m sure you can double as the Governor and Captain of the Guard, aside your day-job as the Grandmaster and self-appointed “Sir” of your phony knighthood.

Yes, go ahead, focus on the “Happy majority”.. whatever imaginary group you mean by that. If your memory was not so selective, you'd remember how you refused to answer these questions, starting from the moment they appeared. Only public interest in the questions and the fear of getting caught of your misdeeds made you scribble mostly nonsensical fluff as response. Stop trying to pretend as if you had been interested in responding to these questions at any point. As it is evident from these parchment alone, you did it merely out of necessity.

Citizens, be alarmed. Your governor has apparently decided to act as the head of the Knighthood, the Governor, and the Captain of the Guard at the same time. Where do his loyalties lie? With the knighthood, of course. Opression, here we come..

The Unsigned
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

You have proven a single thing Jorokar, you were not ready to be Governor yet. You lack the experience, foresight, wisdom and overall leadership required to be head of a Country. This will prove itself more and more clear as your term goes on.

Jaren
Damien

Post by Damien »

It is always amusing that, when a public election has been held and a decision was made, a few individuals or groups will try, no matter the methods, to change the outcome to their favour.
In fact, the most arguments brought up here do not lack a certain childishness.

It also sounds like lacking a certain fairness, towards both the citizen and the elected, not to give them the chance they deserved.
If you strive for power, regardless to noth responsibility and enormous workload such a won election will bring, accept that the election has been decided and wait for another chance to come.
Also keep in mind that unfair methods or bad treatment of persons, especially political opposition, always decreases the chance of being elected, not only effecting actual, but also later elections.

I say, Jorokar has been elected by the public, he has held the sympathies of the most groups on the island during the conflict, therefore it seems quite pointless not to accept the outcome of this election.

~Damien
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

So your moral is, that as long as the criminal is elected into the office, he must be allowed to remain there until the end of the term, regardless of his actions? If the town is ruined, do you think knowing that "oh, the person won't be elected again for sure now" is going to be sufficient relief? ..Or do you even expect and hope him to ruin the town completely, in a sad attempt to get more elves into the currently forgotten and empty Vanima?

Go and hump a tree, Damien. That's the only thing your pathetic moral flexibility and "wisdoms" qualify you for. I'm sure you know to watch out for nasty splinters in embarassing places out of sheer experience with the subject, so just focus on the things you know best. Enjoy the hump, though I do hope that you get stuck, so we wouldn't have to read any more of your garbage here.

The Unsigned
Nerian Finera

Post by Nerian Finera »

Indeed, it is Jorokar's right to stay the head of the town until the next election follows. Then maybe another person will be given the chance to lead Troll's Bane.
For the moment, however, you should keep in mind, that Jorokar is yet to grow fond of his responsibilities. Give him some time and things soon will look better. He is a noble man who just has come to know how hard it is being the leader of a town like Troll's Bane.

Nerian Finera
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

I shall start by answering the post directed towars me, unsigned. You have not presented any evidence against Sir Jorokar Sladrir. What has he lied about? You claim that he lied about not taking the town into a war. That is simply untrue. Sir Jorokar never forced anyone into participating in the war. He tried to protect the town, he even let some criminals get away from justice to protect the peace.

You claim that I fought alongside him. You are ignorant. I chose to avoid fighting, in an attempt to provide a good example for the members of the Knighthood of Kallahorn that hadn't joined the war. Also, you claim that the citizens were mislead by his deception. I ask of you again for proof.

You cannot claim that he started the war. If governors starts to give in to the threats, then eventually the whole Gobaith will be run by criminals.

The spirit is broken? No, you must be hallucinating. I have done nothing of the sort, and I'm sure that neither has the other members of our Knighthood.

May you gain some insight.

//Keunthus
Page of the Knights of Gobath
Town Guard of Troll's Bane
Dalam

Post by Dalam »

Well then, spineless being, or "The unsigned". I see you have summed up all your arguments in a wonderful, colourful parchment. You think you are clever, undermining and disproving the others' arguments? Face the mirror.

** some quotations are written down in a different ink **
1. A contract was signed between Julius and Jorokar. Jorokar broke his word.

He says he was forced and abducted; I say bollocks.
What an elaborate way of discussing.

As you wrote aswell, let's see the next paragraph.
2. Jorokar did not inform the public of the shady backroom deal.
He did. The first official reaction on Mr Rothman's decleration of war contained exactly that information.

One can argue about the time before this point.
Mr Rothman is a shady, tricky boy. How could Sir Sladrir know the exact use of that fake contract? The only solution was patience. Revealing the truth at an too early point would have been a fault. It is called tactics, spineless being. Something you obviously don't know.
We'll see later why it was necessary.
3. Julius declared war on Trollsbane, using Jorokar’s violation of the pact as the pretext. All sides agreed, that it was actually a war against Jorokar personally.

Jorokar agreed, Julius agreed, Dantagon agreed, gods, even I agree.
Thus you agree that Mr Rothman directly threatened the people of Troll's Bane, instead only Sir Sladrir.

Hereby your third argument is nil as it wasn't Sir Sladrir who endangered the town. It was Mr Rothman who proclaimed "War on Troll's Bane".

So we have a man who endangers a whole town because of feud with only one person. A man, leading a knighthood, declaring war without the consent of its members. Some members even left because of Mr Rothman and his actions.

On the other side we have another man who brought peace eventually without harming innocents. A man who didn't want anyone to force to stand by his side. Yet many allies were found. Of course there were friends of him who wanted to stay neutral. But it is up to the gods to judge them.

Why is all that important? Because in the end it is a matter of belief and evaluation. It is obvious that one can't trust Mr Rothman. That leads one to assume - with a high probability - that Mr Rothman really forced Sir Sladrir to sign the relevant contract.

Additionally the contract had no advantages for Sir Sladrir.
You claim that he could have used it against a Kallahorn Governour. But Mr Rothman had the parchment with the contract written on it. Why should he reveal it? Thus Sir Sladrir would have no evidences. He would have seemed like a liar and defamatory enemy of the current leadership.

Hereby your first argument is nil. It may only concern Sir Sladrir himself and his own view on his honour.

So even if Sir Sladrir would have accused Mr Rothman of forcing him to sign a contract before Mr Rothman himself revealed it, Sir Sladrir would have had no evidences. Such an accusation causes a doubt on the relevant person's credibility. Perhaps that would have been a backstab for Sir Sladrir's election. Why didn't that have to happen?
Before I explain this, I close my argument.

Hereby your second argument is nil. Sir Sladrir had to wait until Mr Rothman revealed the fake contract. Immediately Sir Sladrir told the truth, on a public parchment.

Continuing the last thought it is clear that neither Mr Rothman nor one of his menials would have been a benefit for Troll's Bane in any leading position.

That being written, I split your fourth argument for a better explanation.
4. There were several peace offers from Kallahorn, which were promptly refused or ignored.
Mr Rothman would have used this "peace" to strive for the reign over Troll's Bane.
Why?
He actually wanted himself to be nominated.
Even a member at that time described him as "powerhungry".

As I stated above, this didn't have to happen. Therefore Sir Sladrir acted right.
The first offer expected nothing more than Jorokar’s resignation.
His resignation would have opened the doors for Mr Rothman. This didn't have to happen.
Jorokar at the same time claimed not to oblige anyone to fight by his side, but decided to involve and endanger the citizens of the town directly by not resigning.
As we can see, Sir Sladrir actually saved the town from a big misery, called "Governour Rothman".

Hereby your fourth argument is nil. He didn't put his personal interests in front of citizens of Troll's Bane. It is rather the opposite.
He now has to bear the shame of breaking a contract, even if it was a forced one, but he did it for the citizens.
He risked his life by announcing a time for the war to take place, without even knowing about any of his allies. But he did it for the citizens.
5. Jorokar was about as decisive as the wind during the conflict, handing out death sentences and lifetime bans with one hand, then pardoning the same people with the other. First statements are all fire and brimstone, denouncing entire Kallahorn and some members in particular as irremediable murderers. He then in effect, pardons the same people in a mere few days, despite acknowledging their constant danger to the public earlier.
Thus you support my argument that neither Mr Rothman nor one of his menials should have become Governour as they are a "constant danger to the public".

Sir Sladrir's actions were necessary in order to secure peace and safety for the citizens.
Many of those accused criminals were only accused because they supported Mr Rothman. But the latter has given up, his "friends" turned their back to him. Still hunting them down would have resulted in a great danger for the citizens of Troll's Bane because these accused people would have focused Troll's Bane for their hate and aggression - which came unfortunately with the tense situation. By pardoning Sir Sladrir ensured that their focus rested on Mr Rothman who layed so much shame on the Knighthood of Kallahorn and their members.

If they really start to make trouble again, there are now enough allies of Sir Sladrir to prevent those outlaws to do much harm.
A small sacrifice in contrast to the consequences of not pardoning.

Hereby your fifth argument is nil.

You are weak. You are nothing. But a spineless being.
You had your fun. Now go home and let the adults fulfil their tasks.

After a dangerous time there is finally peace, which the majority wanted, voted for. Do not dare to break this peace. You can't win.

~ Dalam Vanherl Yg'Erfan
~ A courageous signer
Damien

Post by Damien »

If you really insist, Sir Unsigned, i shall agree on teaching you a few things about respect and politeness, if we meet the next time.
Using senseless insults about a matter where the majority of people decided, only shows a provocative attitude, which only becomes "necessary", from a children's view, when it is "necessary" to distract from the weightlessness of the own argumentation, especially if there is not enough honor in a person to stand with ones name behind the own arguments.

~Damien
Olive

Post by Olive »

(( a dirty parchment is nailed next ot the larger letters))

oh my those are some really large words, can somebody just give me a shorter easier to understand version? thanks

Miss Olive
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Jorokar is crap.

No he's not.

Yes he is.

Stop bickering you two!

No you're wrong.

No it's true, Jorokar is crap.

Ha I just pretended to prove all of your points wrong with invalid arguments that you had previously disproved!

Stop bickering, I have my angry hat on now.

That's about where we're up to so far. Glad to be of assistance.

~W.E~
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

Silas Farron wrote:And who are you? I have never seen or heard of you before.

Silas Farron,
High Mage of the Magic Academy of Gobaith
Advisor of Troll's Bane
I have not heard of you either. What is your point?

Jaren
Borine

Post by Borine »

Why should such a bad town like trollsbane even have a new era?

-Unsigned-
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Many ill words were written here by people who have not the slightest clue as to the events that lead up to and caused the "war". I do not mean to be crude to those who simply have productive thoughts in mind here, but I urge you not to make accusations about men based on the words of others(myself included). Let us try and remember that each man involved in the "war" was showing an enormous lack of honor and dignity.

~Dain~Laiden~