Announcement: A new era for Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

And there has also never been a tolerance for those who strike down unarmed females. Watch your back Drethek.

~unsigned~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Thane Godfrey wrote:"The bounty on Jorokar Sladrir for ten gold coins stands. Anyone striking his head on a spike and adorning the Town's Square with it shall receive the reward.

To be claimed directly from myself, Dina Trevare."
Liar.

~W.E~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Quite charming behavior, Governor. It seems that you do respond here when you think you are under threat. As your opinions and positions on things seem to be every bit as flexible as your morals are, I dare to wonder how many more such writings do you need to receive before you change your opinion on other things? “Oh, okay. I lied just a tiny bit”, “Alright, so, I lied”.. “Fine, Unsigned. I screwed the town on purpose”.

You banned Dominic Fisher for life and placed a bounty on his head. Then, you cancelled all this on the following days. You tell me, which one of these decisions was rash judgment, as they do not quite add up? You must be quite concerned of the individual to put a price on his head, and ban him for life, no? Quite concerned is an understatement, of course. You must be certain of the fact that the person is un-reformable. You may say that you have not pardoned them, but that is merely spin. If you choose not to punish people for their actions, before and after the war.. what else is it, if not a pardon. Quite funny when you try your best to change the meanings of words, Sladrir.

This all was brought upon the town by your innocent little “mistake”, as you so amusingly managed to express it. You did not declare the war, that’s true, but it does not make the inconvenient fact that your actions before the declaration, and after were selfish and lacking. In case you were oh-so-forced, as you would have us to believe, why not bring it up earlier? Like, during the campaign? Apparently not. It also seems to be too much to expect, that you would have told anyone except the accomplices in your Knighthood in the case that the news broke out. Then a bit of “waah waah, they made me to”, and you expect us to believe that? You lie, and then you make a pathetic effort to cover up those lies with more lies. Either way you wish to spin it, you don’t manage to make it sound right. Too many things made wrong in the most convenient points for yourself.

You acknowledged, that the entire war was against your personally. You claimed that you wished not to oblige anyone to fight by your side as a result. You were offered the chance to step down, in order to avoid the war. You, personally and no-one else, but no: You, high and mighty lord of men, chose to fight, in order to retain your position, gained through deceit and treachery. You chose power over the lives of those unlucky to be your new subjects. You never told anyone to fight, maybe that’s true, but you obliged the citizens of town to participate in your personal little inter-knighthood vendetta nonetheless. All you would have had to do, would have been to step down. A little act of unselfishness, to protect the innocent.. too much to ask, obviously. You fought not to defend the town or it’s people, but to defend you and the Knighthood.

If the welfare of the town would have been any concern of yours, you would have stepped down.

But oops, your massive ego, dishonesty and criminal selfishness got on the way of doing the right thing.

You, by your own free choice, endangered us. You had the chance to avoid bringing your personal quarrels into our lives, but.. you let us down.

Now, instead of no knighthoods, the lackeys of Jorokar reign supreme. On the other hand, that has been his goal all along, I wager.

Of course, like the most perceptive of you might have already noticed: The knighthood is swiftly moving to the rule of Sword and suppression of righteous laws, to the astonishment of few. What am I talking about? One of his lackeys is already implied his willingness to use extreme violence against a person, in a situation where nobody has been found guilty of nothing whatsoever at all. I speak of the notes written by “sir” Gregory Hardcast, one of Jorokar’s bloodlusty henchmen. As the leader of the Knighthood, he is solely responsible.

Naturally, the lack of action against these wanton threats backed up with steel is not surprising. Not only a lying, dishonest and deceitful governor and above all the Grandmaster of his Buddyhood, it seems that Jorokar is also the three monkeys, all in one. The blind, the deaf, the mute.. as his forces begin to step out of line, as one could expect a bunch with such a leader. People who have the integrity and wit of a sword, should stick to wielding swords. Not forcing their power upon everyone with the sword.

As usual, he does not expect even half of the moral backbone and righteousness from his own men or himself, as he expects from those who he brands as his enemies. Of course, I assume this was merely an “innocent mistake” as well. Just resign, you dishonest, incompetent, oppressive and criminal lout.

Yours truly,
The Unsigned
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Unsigned parchment warrior.

You are effectively arguing the same as me during the election campaign (except for using more inflammatory language). Unfortunately, it is over. The people made their choice. Jorokar may well have used the town for his personal vendetta, but it is now the past. He is our governor, and we can only trust that he will learn and become a leader we can trust and respect.

~Colin
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

He's not trying to get him out, he's just pointing out he believes it's a travesty.

~W.E~
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Drethek,

There are easier ways to get me out of my armor than beating me. Maybe I can teach you a lesson.

Starling
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

You claim that Sir Jorokar Sladrir lies. I would like to see proof of that. While those who started the war deserves to be punished, I cannot say that it was unwise of Jorokar to forgive them. That way, peace can be kept, and also, if they would dare to break the law once more, they will be outlaws. You could call it a "second chance", something you seem to be unwilling to give our governor.

If you, "The Unsigned", were attacked by thugs, would you not defend yourself? I am certain that you would. Sir Jorokar allowed us to chose whether we wanted to participate in the war or not. He didn't force us. Also, he tried to keep the peace, yet he didn't manage to. Why? Those who want war will get it. War is easy to start, unfortunately. Easy to start, hard to stop. Nevertheless, Sir Jorokar Sladrir managed to stop the war after just a few days.

The Knighthood of Gobaith protects Troll's Bane and uphold law and justice, just like the Town Guard. Are you objecting to the Town Guard, too? I think not. The Knighthood of Gobaith is built on noble ideals, and a town run by followers of these ideals won't become corrupted. You should consider taking a look at them.

Gregory Hardcast is a page of the Order. Isn't it true that pages are to be tested before getting into a higher rank? Thus, the actions of Gregory Hardcast, or any other page, cannot be blamed on sir Jorokar. Besides, what wrong has Gregory Hardcast done? As far as I can tell, by the notes written on the Town Board, all he has done is offering his protection to a lady. I do not see the evil in that.

And now, yet again you insult sir Jorokar, without even daring to show your own name. Have you no honor? The one who is spreading lies is you, sir. Sir Jorokar teach us that we should try to avoid bloodshed if possible. Perhaps if you read our Code of Chivalry you would gain a better understanding of our knighthood?

Sir Jorokar Sladrir is an honorable, just and reasonable man. He is a capable leader. Why do you spread these lies? Have you any proof of anything you've written? No, of course not, because it all is conjecture. This town has laws against defamation, which you have broken. Of course, you probably know that you are telling lies, why else would you hide your name?

//Keunthus
Page of the Knights of Gobaith
Town Guard of Troll's Bane
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

Indeed. It says volumes about you that you call offering to protect the women of the town bloodlust.

You appear terrified of signing your name. I assure you there is nothing to fear. We do not waste our time on low slanderers who appear capable of nothing more than listing a series of extremely biast, base, opinions. The only true thing which can be determined from your accusations is that for some reason you despise Sir Jorokar.

Crawl back to your hole dog.

Gregory Hardcast.
Last edited by Gregory Hardcast on Thu May 15, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

The fact that peace was offered to Jorokar many times before the initial decision is what concerns me. Now, he's shown as a hero because he "pardoned" criminals when in fact, he could have ended the war 3 times.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Even due to a certain sadness siding along with the actually discussed matter, it somehow does not lack a certain amusing tone to see a group senselessly declaring war on a town without keeping in mind that such an action would bring almost the whole island into their literal backs, the sword-swinging way, for nothing as a goal but an obvious greed for power, carried out on the shoulders of the common people's freedom. Indeed, i would even consider it either quite a great thoughtlessness or an effective, publically-demonstrated incapability of the responsible tacticians of said group.
I myself, in simple words, would rather die of shame after causing such an act of astonishingly demonstrated dimwitness, or at least avoid stepping into public with a choice of words that sound as if i either won the whole affair, or as if nothing ever happened.

~Damien
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

((quotes used and post split in order to ease reading :wink: ))

To Dumbledee and Dumbletwo, Keunthus and Gregory, possibly the two most dullest swords of the entire Knighthood, quite an achievement in itself.

Lies, Keunthus? You request, I shall provide. Let us only focus on the most glaring example, and ignore the way he misled the voters and lied to Julius Rothman (which he admitted himself) This is what your high and mighty lord has written earlier:
I have never taken the town into a fruitless war, and the war wasn't either for the benefit of the Knighthood of Gobaith. First and foremost, the war was declared by the Knighthood of Kallahorn, not myself. Excuse me, but I will not escape from a war that someone else has declared on me.
Since you seem to be barely literate, I have underlined the important parts to speed up your slow comprehension. Read, observe and think. The first part of his entire first sentence, a lie. How so? As I have already demonstrated.

Allow me to present you, the words of others, the evidence which I have simply gathered here:

As written by Julius Rothman, firstly, after the declaration of war:
If you take Jorokar from office then I shall gladly end the war. Simple as that, Sir Fooser.”
Afterwards written by Jorokar himself, and I quote:
“Since, however, the opponents aim me, personally, I will oblige no one to
fight by my side. Anyone who wishes to do so will be entirely their will.”
In his own words, ladies and gentlemen. A personal conflict, to which he dragged an entire city. The elderly and the infirm, the young and strong alike. Completely unrelated to his personal quarrel with Kallahorn. Jorokar placed them all in danger to satisfy his unquenchable thirst for power and desire to settle some personal vendetta against the other knighthood (which, without any doubt, was simply because he felt that his position was threatened again).

Yes. You chose to fight alongside him. However, the citizens of Trollsbane made no such unanimous statement. Not even the fact that he was elected as the governor is a sufficient proof of such statement, as the voters were misled at every possible turn by him, intentionally. The citizens are those who I am concerned of, suffering under such a reckless and inconsiderate leader.. who first drags them to a personal conflict and then sets murderers and troublemakers free to walk amongst the fair folk, and to hurt again.

Of course, Jorokar could argue that the offer was not directed at him personally, but that would simply prove that his pitch-black, calculative and ruthless heart is covered by three-inch thick skin. The offer to end it all was there, the offer, to protect the innocents and retain the peace. He chose to reject this offer, and dragged the town to a perfectly avoidable, fruitless war.

Obviously, I don’t expect him to reply here, simply because he knows that there is no way he can sensibly counter any of my arguments.
If you all would focus more on his actions and not my mysterious identity, you would actually notice that my words are simply the truth. Maybe harsh and sharp, but truth hurts. It has to hurt you, as there is no other way to reveal even the most basic and obvious information to you blockheads in a manner which would be simple enough for you to comprehend.

Mister Outcast’s status does in no manner diminish the responsibility Jorokar has over him. Should he misbehave, he ought to be held to the standard your band of brigands supposedly has (though, what are the chances of that happening?) After all, Jorokar himself held at one point the entire Kallahorn responsible for the actions of “select few members” (in case you are too much of a dimwit to understand what I mean, then I simply refer you to Jorokar’s declaration of war against the entire Kallahorn, even though it can be stated, that the vast majority chose not to participate in the war at all). As soon as the Town Guard reacts with threats of violence and use of extrajudicial powers at the slightest and most vague accusation, yes, I shall oppose those “protectors” as well.
However, they do their job at least with acceptable degree of competence. They protect the town and do not have conflicting interest and allegiance towards a Knighthood.

Keunthus, my boorish.. git. If you would actually remember to wipe the drool from your chin every now and then, you would understand that a chivalric code is not worth the paper it is written on, when the spirit of the code is violated at every single turn. Just like the members of the Knighthood do, following the example of their treacherous leader, Jorokar.

Thinking for yourself is so important. You should try it someday.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

((second part of the post, Keunthus has his own. :wink: ))

“Sir” Gregory Outcast,

Is the air in your native Albar particularly thin, or is there any other conceivable explanation to why you are such an utter and complete airhead?

Dog? I’m not the one jumping and sitting when someone commands. I’m not the one on anyone’s leach. You are Sladrir’s little bitch, a mere lackey, at his service. If you seek a dog, look into a mirror, you pathetic fool.

Allow me to introduce you to the wonderful world of logic, reason and justice, I’m sure this is your first and most likely only visit:

A situation where someone is accused of something, a honorable person makes sure to investigate in order to be sure of the person’s guilt, before assuming he is guilty. You did not investigate. You assumed the accusation was true down to the last detail. You made the offer to protect any woman with your sword (quite admirable in itself). However in the next sentence, you promised to “punish” those accused by a woman. You did not promise to assist the town the town guard, just to punish. Even if no laws were broken, then ‘you’ would be the judge and executor, possibly relying on nothing more than the word of a bitter woman. Who knows, maybe the accusing lady made advances towards Magnus, but he refused? A real knight would think before taking action, you cannot, it seems.. just hack your way through everything. Apparently that is all you are capable of doing, idiot.

We have laws in the city, which should be the same even for your type of thinking-handicapped knightlings on a power trip. Your conduct is a clear display and proof of the fact that you are hardly sensible enough to be allowed to uphold those very laws your brash and threatening behavior so violates in so unjustified manner. Even a half-wit like Keunthus seems to understand it, but you simply cannot. I wonder why? Expect Jorokar to save your behind? I’m sure he shall overlook your misbehavior, don’t worry. He has a knack for pardoning violent criminals, as we know.

I heartily recommend that you do not lay your fingers on Magnus Magnol. Otherwise I can assure you, that you will come to regret the decision to harm him, and the knights who side with you shall as well. I am only equipped with a pen, ink, brains (something which most people seem to lack here) and a pair of eyes, so thus you will not have to take this as a threat from me, but simply as a fatherly advice to a clueless child. Magnus has saved countless lives of innocent people through his healing skills, (something which you, I’m sure, ignored or were ignorant of as you were trying to “protect” a damsel into giving you some out of pity) and this has earned him many powerful friends, even if he might be a bit eccentric at times. You, spoiled Albarian brat, are not even worthy of licking dirt from his boots. Good luck for the skirt-chasing, I’m sure you need all the luck you can get for that.

Heed my advice, Scatterbrain.
The Unsigned

PS. If you were truly concerned of anything, you would be confronting your Dear Leader instead of me.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Let it also be known, that the Knighthood of Kallahorn offered Jorokar peace in the very beginning, shown by this contract.
The Contract of Neutrality wrote:
With this note, Jorokar Sladrir, has agreed to the following terms if he is to win the election. The is bond not only by his word but also by his signature:

- Jorokar agrees to step down as Governor if he wins the election.

- Jorokar agrees to help I, Julius, implant a new government in Trolls Bane. Choosing one member from each guild (KOG AND KOK) to run for governor in a election. This member will be instantly striped of his of his rank as in his respectful Knighthood. The only ones that are allowed to vote in this election are those that are strictly citizens of Trolls Bane, and not either Knighthood.

- With this deal, both Knighthoods will become the official guardians of Trolls Bane. This will usher in a new time of peace and neutrality on the isle. No war, no harm, just a firmly bonded Town.

Signed,
Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn

Signed,
Jorokar Sladrir
Knight of Gobaith
If he would have been a knight as you so claim, he would have never even signed such a contract. He was not forced to, just asked to. It is one thing to be forced by someone's hand to do something, but to agree to it for your freedom and then attacking that same Knighthood after signing your name? What honor, "Knight".

It may also be noted that Jorokar was offered peace in exchange for the prisoner Wolf. He initially accepted this deal before trying to run behind a closed door with the Knights Julius, Dain, Seregon, and Dominic in close pursuit. How Knightly to accept something and then immediately run behind a locked door? Of course, everyone sees this as a honorable action, I assume? His Knightly arse was beaten down a long with his henchmen.

~Fallen tongue~
Last edited by Julius on Fri May 16, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Enough, unsigned writer. If you are not willing to sign your name then no one will truely listen to you. If you have something to say, say it with your name.

Jorokar won the election, screwed up, and yet, he is still govenor. If you don't like it, run for the next election and see if there isn't one person who will chastise you and your actions. There is always someone who will complain, seems this time around it is you.

And please, all though this was a personal matter between Julius and Jorokar, stop acting as though both knighthoods agreed with it. It purely was a personal mater between Jorokar and Julius. Many members from both knighthoods really didn't want to get involved. Many members refused except in the case of defending others or themselves. Get that through your head before you write again.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Someone who didn't want to be involved or associated with that war.

(( Keep it fair. You do not know that Julius wrote it but by the poster and this is ooc. - Nitram))
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Yes, the infamous "Knights of Gobiath" code of Honor (or lacktherof) in action again.
"We will ignore you, if you don't tell us your name"

When a person is being mugged, do you ask for his name and place of residence before you decide to help? Entire town is being raped, mugged, robbed and lied to by the Governor as we speak! Do something about if you are half the knight you pretend to be!

So honorable, so impressive, so serene. You are a spineless idiot, Dantagon.

If you were not, you would do something to save the waning reputation of the knights. But sure, ignore the criminal and dishonorable actions of your Grandmaster.

As usual to your habits, twiddling your thumbs and closing your eyes is all you are capable of.
Jorokar has failed himself, his code of honor, his supporters, his town, his knighthood. If he has any integrity, he should resign. Even you acknowledge that it was between the two men, personally. What kind of a knight endangers innoncent bystanders to settle his own scores? You tell me, "knight".

But go right ahead, ignore the painful and difficult questions. Ignore those who need help and are being wronged. Ignore the truth, when it is too much for you to handle. We expect nothing more from anyone from the Wronghood of Gobaith.

The unsigned
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

All i want to know as a citizen is: Are any of those accusations true?

- Did our governor really set his name under the contract with Kallahorn on free will?
- Did he agree in exchanging Wolf against peace and breake his word after it?

Please tell me it is not the truth.

~Citizen A
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Unsigned writer, you are putting it in this way: I have caused a war upon the lands of Troll's Bane and endangered its citizens since the opposers had threatened a war against myself, thus all this being a personal conflict. It's however all the contrary. It is the opposers who spread a personal conflict to the whole of Troll's Bane, for I perfectly remember that they declared war explicitly against the town of Troll's Bane and not against myself, Jorokar.

Now, you say, there was the offer to end it, wasn't there? I was considering doing so at that time, but since Fooser had stepped down, I feared for Troll's Bane. It was quite possible that Julius would then force his way to rule Troll's Bane, or some of his followers, and that is certainly not the better for the town.

Regarding Page Gregory, yes, I do have responsability over him. But what proof do you have nothing has, is, or will be done in response to the behaviour? Yours is pure idiocy, for no one can expect change to come in a single day, or in a snap of a finger.

And to the other unsigned writer, "fallen tongue", don't be ridiculous. Your words speak nothing but lies. Being ambushed by four of the opposers when all are asleep, kidnapping and torturing me until I'd have signed the contract is not 'asking' me. Despite the tortures and threatens, I have indeed hurt my honor, to that I do not disagree. However, for what appeared better for the people of Troll's Bane, I couldn't allow any of them take the place of governor. Secondly, "release Wolf or you will die" is not much of an offer of peace. That's purely pathetic and laughable.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Quit involving the entire knighthood with Jorokar's mistakes. I do not agree with his actions and nor does Ayla. Keep your attacks on him, not on the knighthood.

And I still suggest you sign your words. Most people do not like it when people remain hidden with unsigned words.

And Fallen tounge,

Only Julius would make such remarks. And he can not keep his word so he has no right to command Jorokar on such mistakes. He has broken his own words too many times.

First Kallahorn Keep. We had five dwarven days to decide, as agreed, then it turned into 5 minutes. Then Evan, he claimed we broke a contract because I bribed his members. Infact it was Julius who bribed them into leaving because of his snide and uncarring attidude towards them. Evan left on his own, Julius just wished for a reason to say we broke it. So infact it was he who broke our contract of peace, who knows how many times he may have attacked our members, hidden or through the use of others.

No, Julius is not a knightly man, and has no right to say Jorokar is unknightly as well. Only when he learns to keep his word, does he have the right to chastise the words of others.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Well, considering from where we came, this is still better than Cromwell's.
He would not fight wars, as he was too scared to endanger himself, instead he bribed the criminals, set them into the guard, and let them have free reign terrorizing the people as he hid inside the Seahorse.
Brilliantly done, truely.
Then Edward asked for protection from a man who he bribed but saw him for what Edward was, and caused trouble. Shortly after, this govenor left his office, for fear of his own death again, by fear that he would be caught in a war, and he left with a large chunk of money missing, and suddenly, all the people stopped complaining. These bad people have left, and are now busy with their own things. Maybe they are poking pigs, or tending to a very large skeleton population to the south.

In any case, things are better than what they were, and though the begining of the transition of power was rough, it generally is, one can either accept this change, and then choose differently next time around, or complain, whine, moan, and in general make themselves a large disruptive pain in the side of every person in the general area, by plotting and sending out useless lies and propganda to confuse people and just in general try to upset the natural balance that comes with this town.
Yours Truely,
Artimer Fault.
Julius

Post by Julius »

abcfantasy wrote:Unsigned writer, you are putting it in this way: I have caused a war upon the lands of Troll's Bane and endangered its citizens since the opposers had threatened a war against myself, thus all this being a personal conflict. It's however all the contrary. It is the opposers who spread a personal conflict to the whole of Troll's Bane, for I perfectly remember that they declared war explicitly against the town of Troll's Bane and not against myself, Jorokar.

Now, you say, there was the offer to end it, wasn't there? I was considering doing so at that time, but since Fooser had stepped down, I feared for Troll's Bane. It was quite possible that Julius would then force his way to rule Troll's Bane, or some of his followers, and that is certainly not the better for the town.

Regarding Page Gregory, yes, I do have responsability over him. But what proof do you have nothing has, is, or will be done in response to the behaviour? Yours is pure idiocy, for no one can expect change to come in a single day, or in a snap of a finger.

And to the other unsigned writer, "fallen tongue", don't be ridiculous. Your words speak nothing but lies. Being ambushed by four of the opposers when all are asleep, kidnapping and torturing me until I'd have signed the contract is not 'asking' me. Despite the tortures and threatens, I have indeed hurt my honor, to that I do not disagree. However, for what appeared better for the people of Troll's Bane, I couldn't allow any of them take the place of governor. Secondly, "release Wolf or you will die" is not much of an offer of peace. That's purely pathetic and laughable.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Dear Jorokar,

We are not at war anymore, do not drive me into this conversation anymore. I wish peace and now you bash my name even more? You know all to well that I did not torture you. Hell, you also know that I didn't even attack you. It was Deuce and Wolf that brought you to your knees, knocking you to the cross. I took you away from town, and tied you to a tree. Can you tell me how that is torture? I never did anything to force you to sign that contract, I never told you a hint of warning. I even cried in front of you.

Tears poured from a man's eyes that are usually nothing but hate. I hated what we did, but I offered you life and sparred Ayla's. I understand that kidnapping is wrong, Sir Jorokar but however, do not fault my name anymore with accusations of torture. We are at peace now, Jorokar. Please keep it that way.

As for "peace or die". Dain offered you peace for Wolf. If you choose not to release him, we were still at war. So therefore, attacking you while within town is nothing short of bad. We were at war with you, within your base. What else were we to do? "Alright, Jorokar, thanks for not wanting peace. Meet me here in 15 minutes for a small skirmish." Nay.

The war is over Jorokar. Please respect that and stop bringing my name up in your conversations.

With best wishes,
Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn

((I ask everyone to ignore Vern Kron's post. His character has no way of knowing it's "Cromwell's" or Edward's. Obviously, the PO needs to grow up and figure out to separate OOC from IC.))
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

This is not something that should be put on Jorokar's shoulders, since the town was already under attack from Kallahorn for weeks prior. I call it war when people come into town and strike Troll's Bane citizens, while their leadership says what? Yes, nothing. Or "oh we can't control them". That is, you "won't". This problem had to be dealt with, and I am glad some form of resolution has occurred. The initial stiffness to their former members (telling Wolf he had to go to jail instead of a fine, threatening Dain, etc) was unneeded, but I still think some things have been left unresolved.

F
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Dear Julius,

We are not at war, no. I am simply stating facts to prevent these cowards of unsigned writers from poisoning people's minds. You and your friends' actions can be quite considered as torture. And don't claim not to have raised your own sword against me, for I remember perfectly that you did. But anyhow, tell me what options did I have? Surely, if I refused, you would have released me? That would have only put you into trouble. You forced yourself through a path where there was no way back, then.

As for the rest, you and your group had shown shame and disgrace. True, we were at war at that time. But a particular day of the war had been set, and it is utter disgrace to act any day before that. I was at least planning to cease all attacks when the day had been decided.

Needless to say, the war is indeed over.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

When do you plan to call off the dogs, Jorokar? You never said and your beta hound, well-trained though he is, seems to think I need a lesson taught to me. Is this official town policy or is it personal?

Starling
Last edited by Kamilar on Fri May 16, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

“Governor” Sladrir,
“It's however all the contrary. It is the opposers who spread a personal conflict to the whole of Troll's Bane, for I perfectly remember that they declared war explicitly against the town of Troll's Bane and not against myself, Jorokar.”
So if you do not actually set the house on fire, but merely break in, steal everything inside for yourself and add some more fuel to the flames, you are not a criminal? I mean, the house would have burned anyway, and so would have the things as well.. Is that what you are implying?

For an intellectually lacking or completely dishonest person it might indeed appear as so, but that requires “conveniently” forgetting the all the inconvenient facts.

1.) You signed a secret treaty with the other Knighthood, and never told anyone of it. (Treason)
2.) You then, broke your words while keeping the constituents unaware of the treaty
3.) You (afterwards) claimed to (waah-waah) that you were forced to sign it. Nonsense, a honest knight would have told about it right away. Who are you trying to fool?
4.) You agreed, your knighthood agreed, your enemies agreed, that it was a personal conflict. Sure, the war was declared on Trollsbane, but only because you, personally, were the governor, after breaking your word and flar-out refusing to resign. Their decision, yes, but which you could have easily undone, and their decion stemmed from your personal decisions.
5.) You then refused to relinquish control, even if that would have spared the town from all retribution from your actions, without endangering anyone.
6.) You promised the voters that there would be no war by your side, but how many would have believed you, had they known that you had a secret pact with a third party, which you were intending to violate? Not many, I fathom.

Your decision to withhold the information from everyone, sign a treaty which ALONE is treachery against the town and should earn you a place in the darkest cell of the Prison, was the main catalyst of the conflict. That, and your conscious choice to break the treaty, cling on to power and refuse to step down.

Fearing what? How could things possibly go more wrong, than having a war from the first day onwards? You think someone could screw things up better than you? Oh, Jorokar, you give yourself much too little credit when it comes to that. The mere notion of you being worried on the behalf of the town is absolutely outrageous. If that would have been the case, with your information, you would have refused to run for the governorship to begin with. I am sure you feared behalf of yourself, but if the town would have been your concern, you would have stepped down, and bled without including any of us.

The only poison here is you. You are poison for the freedom and indendence of Trollsbane. You are poison for the safety and prosperity of its citizens and residents. You are poison for the same noble ideas you claim to stand for.

Shame on you, you lying, reckless and indifferent fool.
Resign, Sladrir.

The Unsigned
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Artimer Fault. What a suitable name for you, a man with so faulty faculties. Only a "Scatterbrained, gibbering idiot" would be more fitting last name for you.

So, Mister Aritmer Scatterbrained, gibbering idiot..

What relevance does your completely unrelated expression of personal displeasure against this individual have to the discussion of your corrupt, dishonest and incompetent friend?

Let us begin from the basics, as it seems that you crawled from underneath some stone just to spout out slander against seemingly random people here. You didn't come to the current situation from "Cromwells" or "Edwards", in case you failed to notice, the previous governor was a lizard called "Fooser" (at least outwardly competent, please draw parallels between him and Jorokar). Now that this is cleared up, I graciously recommend you to simply crawl back underneath the stone from where you came from, and refrain from participating any discussions anymore. This is in order to prevent you from looking like a total brainless moron (hard, but worth trying for your own good).

I shall ignore most of the irrelevancies you scribbled of this "Mr Cromwell" and his supposed behavior, focus on the underlying message which is more relevant for the current discussion:

Are you indeed so desperate to cover up and support your friend? Or are you simply trying to make your criminal friend to look better? Saying that "years ago, someone else was worse in my opinion" doesn't make a strong case for you when discussing current events, nor does it make you look like an intellectually honest person. So you think, that because someone else was worse than Jorokar, we should accept any kind of dishonesty or criminal behavior from your friend Jorokar? Insinuating this makes you to appear either as a complete retard or nepotistic, crooked person of magnitude comparable to that of Jorokar Sladrir (choose). You can decide which one of you two is the pot, and which one is the kettle.

"Natural balance" is a situation where the Jorokar and his cronies pack their things and get the hell out of the town, before they cause any more harm, danger and mischief to the honest citizens with their reckless antics.

As a sidenote, I heard that the broad you are shagging is pregnant. On the behalf of the entire Gobaith, allow me to express my most sincere feeling of utter devastation. Good gods, the last thing we need is more idiots like you multiplying, and producing every last bit as retarted and dishonest children.

I sincerely hope you are not the father (which is, all things considered - quite likely),

The unsigned

(( Have a beef with what I do or write? PM me. Thanks. :) ))
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Have you not taken the little chance to read what's been written here? Now are you simply stubborn and use all harsh and deceptive manners to persuade people's minds with your own wrong judgements.

It has been made clear that I was attacked at night and kidnapped, for it was openly written so, and to your surprise, I haven't paid Julius to write that.

You say I have not told anyone of it. That claim is simply pathetic. Who are you to know that no one was told about it? What is true is that it was not made public, for I am most certain it would have led to another of their cowardly ambushes before any action had been taken.

To answer the rest I shall say this. At first, I had by no means at all the intention to nominate myself, the thought hadn't even passed to my mind. However, after seeing the threats done, after seeing Fooser stepping out, it occurred to me that the best decision was to put myself forward. Then I was faced with a choice. One involved withdrawing myself, which I considered. However, it was clear that that decision gave the chance to the opposers to forcibly assert themselves as the rulers of Troll's Bane, and that would certainly be of harm. Therefore it is for the sake of the town that I persisted, that I was so willing to to fight whoever threatened me, for I knew that had I ceased my perseverence, Gods know what terrible fate would have awaited for Troll's Bane.

And please, by all means now, stop the utter lie of this "secret pact" and me having signed it voluntarily. It is evident that I had been forced, at least, do not stick with this anymore. Otherwise, these discussions shall remain circular, as you are not willing to accept the right facts.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Hun? The dogs?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Oh excuse me, your tiny letter was hidden behind all the other large ones.

Anyhow, call off? No one of them is going to act, provided you behave, of course.

~ Sir Jorokar
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

I always behave, hun. Some men just can't control themselves. Look to your dogs and their training. You'll see what I mean.

Starling
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Actually, unsigned man or woman, it has little to do with any of that.

What I was trying to express is that Julius has done this before. He clawed his way up, clinging to people of power, and turned on them, time and time again. Julius has multiple times stated he won't stop until the Knights of Gobiath are destroyed, and that he would do anything to do this. Hopefully he will keep his word, and as will Jorokar, and there be no further trouble. Innocent lives being lost really is not good for the already dwindling ranks of both knighthoods and town.

Thus since what I have heard from members of Kallahorn disloyal to Julius, and their hind-sight which is always clearer, Kallahorn was formed for the lone purpose of Julius to apease his power hungry family back in his lands, and that they chose the transition of power to upset at a time that the town would be at its weakest. I do not claim that this Jorokar is right, but I do claim that he was put in due to us (the citizens) and he should atleast be given the chance to right what you see as wrong, and do what he hopes within reason. If at that time the people are still not pleased, there surely will be anouther election going on, and then you can choose a different govenor.

Until then, let him work. If he does that truely bad of a job, don't you think that things would be actually stopped before they go truely out of hand? Or perhaps you suggest that he sit back and let Julius, who has decided long ago to try to take this town, take over.

Also, what is it any business of what me or her do? If I really tried, it would be rather easy to discover who the person is writing these comments, but because you actually seem to have a head on your shoulders, I choose not to. Although, it seems personal attacks are a bit below your standards. Try not to filthy yourself like that.
Sincerly,
Artimer Fault.