Announcement: A new era for Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

abcfantasy

Announcement: A new era for Troll's Bane

Post by abcfantasy »

CEASE ALL HUNTS AND FIGHTS

To all citizens of Troll's Bane as well as inhabitants of Gobaith, I wish to bring forth this proclamation.

These have been days of chaos, days of insanity, days of uncontrollable anger, from both sides. I have made my own mistakes, I have made my own shameful acts, but I have always fought for the better of Troll's Bane. And for this, all I got in return was ambushes from the enemies, and great insults from some common citizens and my deepest friends. I feel that every each one of us has done his own mistakes. I have decided that it is time to stop this immediately, and hopefully, this will not be yet another mistake. In the end, you decide if it was a mistake or not.

On this new month of Olos, I declare that there shall be no more hunted people and their past crimes shall be put aside. Everyone is equally allowed to walk upon the lands of Troll's Bane without the risk of having a blade drawn to their necks. There shall be no war over the grounds of Troll's Bane, but peace shall hopefully thrive after this proclamation.

Herewith, I order all to treat no one as criminal anymore, unless their crimes happen after this day. Dain Laiden, Julius Rothman, Frederic Deuce and "Wolf" shall no longer be sought and are allowed as much as anyone else to walk through the streets of Troll's Bane. Only the following very small condition or "warning" shall apply:
  • Dain Laiden, Julius Rothman, Frederic Deuce and "Wolf" are truly free from their crimes. However, any crimes from this day onwards shall cause them to be definite villains again. This should be however no problem for it will be not the case if they desire peace.
For the days of peace and cheer, I hope that this is no mistake, and that this initiative shall not be abused. Following this, I shall work on Troll's Bane parchments and on the Guard, and then all who wish to speak to me to establish or renew contracts can approach me.

May Zhambra bring peace and joy amongst our town of Troll's Bane.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Does this mean, that the Knighood of Gobaith has just surrendered in the war against Kallahorn?

-Unsigned-
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

You deserve no reply.

~ Sir Sladrir
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

*A simple parchment is placed below the others, the handwriting a bit tilted as if written by a weak hand, though perhaps still vaguely recognizable. It is left unsigned as well.*

It means that finally, both sides have come to their rightful senses. It means
that the man actually does have the decency to put the past aside and
forgive. For that much, he earns my respect. The question is, however, will
those he puts his swords aside for return the favor? If so, they too earn
long-lost respect back. If not, I fear I may actually have to bother finding my
sword again and honestly, I'd rather not.

-Unsigned
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

I am glad that the war was won without much bloodshed at all. You are a competent leader, Sir Jorokar, and I am very happy to see that you managed to remain governor. May you rule with wisdom and honor.

May your honor never break.

//Keunthus
Page of the Knights of Gobaith
Town Guard of Troll's Bane
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Is that because you cannot reply? Hush-hush?

Never before, has the governor already betrayed the town prior to elections, with secret pacts of power division with third parties. Not only did he betray those who voted him into the office, but also the ones he made the pact with. A pathological liar, how delightful. This should constitute as an act of Treason against the town!

Never before, has the governor shown so much boundless bloodlust, only to indecisively flip-flop after a mere few days.

Never before, has the governor taken the town into a fruitless war for his own goals, for the benefit of his own guild, endangering all the good, honest inhabitants of the town. On the first day of his office, for the sake of gods.

Never before, has the governor pardoned so many people who will obviously continue to cause death and misery in the future, regardless of this impotent act of mercy. Is the pardon because you can nothing else? What of those who will be maimed and violated as a result of the "merciful" act?

New era indeed. I sadly expect nothing, but more lies, more wars, more indecisiveness and more disappointments from your part.

Congratulations for that,
Sladrir

To call you Sir as you so self-righteously do, makes mockery of the honor, decisiveness and honesty the title stands for.

-unsigned-
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

You deserve no reply.

~ Sir Sladrir
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

You cannot reply.

How quaint, that your Guild-companions rush to your defence, isn't it? After all, it is their best you have been considering all along? The takeover of Trollsbane by you and your little group of henchmen.

Which one means more for you? The guild or the town?
As it seems, Trollsbane is now a subsidiary of the Knights of Gobaith, under the grossly incompetent, impotent, treacherous and self-serving leadership of "Sir" Jorokar Sladrir.

Draw your own conclusions from the actions of this supposed knight, who fails adhere even to the most basic principles of Knighthood.

-Unsigned-
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

This is a very smart move Jorokar, I respect your actions.

Seregon
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

As much as i want Rothman blood, this is a clever move.

Rakust
Citizen of Goldburg
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I won't waste my time replying to anonymous cowards.

Anyone wanting to mock me or have some questions or anything, approach me and we'll talk, instead of hiding behind your unsigned letters.

~ Sir Sladrir
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Yes, I'm sure. I'm convinced that you'd gladly send your henchmen to silence me.

Considering how much your word as a knight seems to be worth and your violent personality, I have no doubt in my mind that should I approach you or reveal my name.. I'd mysteriously cutt my head off while shaving or perish in some other, mysterious and akward accident with sharp objects. One option is of course, that I will conveniently strangle myself in a cell while being arrested for defaming you, as I reveal the truth.

My fears are valid, it is your lack of proper response which is the true cowardice, young Jorokar. Though, I am sure the tools who serve under your "leadership" will be impressed by how brave you are by not responding to these quite valid concerns. If they can just scribble their names here in your support, when they are not busy staring at things blankly and drooling.

Why do you lie?
Why do you consider yourself to be fitting to decide the fate of the town with shady backroom deals?
Why do you make decisions which endanger the town, but protect your little knighthood?
Why do you knowingly turn the blind eye on people who are known to keep on hurting others? I'm sure that this "mercy" will wipe the tears of the victims away..
Why are you a flip-flop?
Why are you so spineless, that you fail to answer any of the concerns which arise from your own actions?

Stop being a coward, and act like a governor.

-Unsigned-
Olive

Post by Olive »

((a poorly written scrawl is nailed just below))

to mister unsigned...

i have been very critical of both the soldier groups and while they probably could have taken some untoward measures i'm still allowed to live in the town....

why are you so mean to people when they are trying to make a change? I'm happy mister jaro, hmm no Joro, (the previous is scratched out) the town boss has decided to try to be civilized even if some of the other group of barbarians is still acting up

signed Olive
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Olive; you've been around for about 1 day, your opinion has no status, meaning, reliability or validity whatsoever.

Good day.

~W.E~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Dearest Olive,

Unlike the spineless piece of refuse we are unlucky to have as our governor, I am not afraid to answer to questions.

Both of the Soldier groups were indeed, worthy of being critical.
However, "Sir" Sladrir decided, which he has admitted by himself, to make a deal concerning the fate of the city with Julius Rothman of the other bunch.

Then, Jorokar Sladrir became the governor, and broke his word to Julius. With these actions, he betrayed both the trust of his constituents (signing a shady backroom deal about the fate of the town) and his partners in crime (by breaking his word of honor).

As he was threatened with war, Jorokar neither wished to relinquish the control of the town he had aquired for his little group, nor to act as obliged by his word of honor under the contract, even when he was threatened with war. He endangered the town, pushing it to a brink of war, for the benefit of himself and his Knighthood. Julius may have declared the war, but Jorokar was well aware that his actions could have consequences. Drunk with power, he called Julius' bluff, resulting in a bloodbath.

He first declares all Kallahornians to be murdered at sight, calling them unreformable and evil. I'm not even going to talk about his unchivalric and despicable actions and conduct during the war itself. Then he decides to be lenient with them, in full knowledge that many of those he decides to "show mercy" will keep on hurting, maiming, killing and stealing.

He portrays himself as the shining beacon of righteousness, though you are more likely to run into more honorable, serene and righteous person by randomly choosing amongst the bandits that roam in the North.

It's not about change.
It's not about me being mean.

It's about his dishonesty, his criminal lack of concern for the welfare of the town and the citizens, the decent, hard-working and good people of the town. He is willing to risk their lives, for the sake of bringing more power for himself and his group of lackeys.

Sincerely,
-Unsigned-
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Not for the sake of you, but for the sake of other people I will reply.

I have never taken the town into a fruitless war, and the war wasn't either for the benefit of the Knighthood of Gobaith. First and foremost, the war was declared by the Knighthood of Kallahorn, not myself. Excuse me, but I will not escape from a war that someone else has declared on me. And since it is 'them' who declared the war, it is them who are endangering the good and honest inhabitants.

Secret pacts of power division with third parties? You do not know of what you speak about. I was assaulted by at least five and tortured and threatened until I had signed. Why didn't I insist and left myself to be killed by them? Because even if I did, the citizens would have still been in danger, and the situation would have only worsened. True, I have broken that forced contract. Even though it was forced, there is some shame in breaking it, and for that reason I still intend to repent. It is just a matter of a few days now.

Boundless bloodlust? Stop misinterpreting my actions. I have first offered a chance of peace for everyone to walk freely. That offer is ruined by their ambush so I ask their imprisonment, as any other governor would. Seeing how they declared war thereafter, and proceeded with a second ambush, what other option had I left? You tell me.

I have not pardoned these criminals, but I have put their acts aside. Why this sudden change? It is because of 'their' change. The Knighthood of Kallahorn had surrendered already, and they withdrew their declaration of war. So this also answers that the Knighthood of Gobaith has not surrendered to their war.

Furthermore, who are you to know they they will continue to spread fear and death? At this moment, Troll's Bane is strong enough to easily seek and defeat the few that oppose. So certainly, the decision was not because there is no other option left. Any small crime they may commit from this day will cause them to be outlaws once again, and there'll be no more mercy thereafter. But I don't think they'll act as fast anymore. They'd have no more excuses if they do.

I am no liar. But I am a man like any other, and I do my own mistakes sometimes. I, at least, learn from my own acts and intend to improve. If I am really despised by the majority, then please write your names here and I shall step out from my responsabilities, for it would be pointless to rule a town with citizens who do not trust my position.

~ Sir Jorokar
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I agree with a pardon for actions in a time of war, but pardoning what they did before that is an insult. Deuce walked into town not only once, but twice, maybe more, and assaulted citizens of the town (me twice, Ichus once, maybe more) before the war even began. He is a madman, but I suppose letting him come into town will land him back on the list eventually, just be prepared to tell whoever he strikes next that you let him back in for a good reason. As for Julius, it seems those around him have finally come to the realization that he doesn't care about them, and as for him, he still openly threatens violence against just about everyone when they cross him, and openly flaunts the fact that his guild inflicted enough damage on the town.

Proud men always have, and always will be the scourge of this island, and letting them go on their way is not going to fix that.

F
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Hurray!
The peace is acknowledged, accepted, welcomed, and in fact, appreciated!
Hail everyone! For love and peace! Now, how about building some roads and bridges? *a curved smiling face is drawn*

Konrad~>
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

Sir Jorokar Sladrir,

I really admire your bravery. I respect your actions and I am sure you will do the right decisions from now on.
It was a difficult start for sure. But from now on it will become much easier.
I am sure not all amnestied persons will take the chance to change. But if only one does, your action may be called sucessfull.

I wish you the blessing of the gods in your decisions,

~Yusuf
Borine

Post by Borine »

Death to TrollsBane!

-unsigned-
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

Sir.

You know you have my respect, and these actions certainly appear to be noble (if too lenient), but a part of me cant help but wonder if you are not making a mistake.

Forgiveness is all very well, but surely you would be protecting the island better with these men dead (or banished). From what i hear, repentence and becoming model citizens is unlikely.

However, i of course bow to your wishes.

~Gregory Hardcast~
Joxia Doral

war

Post by Joxia Doral »

Thank you, Jorkar, I see only the honorable man I have always thought you to be by these actions. May The Gods smile upon us all for these new decisions and may the madness stay ended and the peace be longlasting.

Olive your oppinon does matter dont listen to him.
W.E. dont be so rude to newcomers, htey have every right that you do.
Joxia
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

They have no right to speak on the politics of a town they've vaguely sauntered through on one or two occasions.

~W.E~
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Dear people,
Each individual is doing what they believed was best for the island as a whole. So thus you all may argue about who is right and what is wrong and you can all have a nice big arguement over it, but this will not change the hardcast opinions that belong to each person and differ to anouther. Let the past, be gone. Strive for the future, unless you wish to bring up every bad thing that has ever happened on this island, since it was discovered, which in all honesty would be a long and worthless time. Everyone has their own views, and their own way of telling their version of the truth.
And in all honesty, the people have spoken. They wish peace. Kallahorn seems to be willing to extend this, as is Troll's Bane, so let the peace be made. And should their be a crime, let the criminal fall, and serve his time.
Sincerly,
Artimer Fault.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

So, Jorokar, when are you cutting the hounds loose? Your militia further tarnishes your honor with their lack of it.

Starling
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

If Trolls Bane has enemies written down to go to war with, the Standing Army will by any means neccessary remove those targets if they are in Trolls Bane.

I do not expect this to make sense to you Starling, afterall, nothing ever really did you.

-Drethek
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Well Drethek, if you want to feel like a big man, I understand. Unarmed women can be very menacing. It's a great loss to you that the governor declared an end to hostilities. Now you'll have to ask me nicely before you slap me around.

Starling
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

Holding a finely rolled parchment under his right arm, his left hand pushes an apple onto his teeth as he bites into the fruit. Thane walks towards the noticeable announcement by the governor, and pins the scroll under the other missives.

"The bounty on Jorokar Sladrir for ten gold coins stands. Anyone striking his head on a spike and adorning the Town's Square with it shall receive the reward.

To be claimed directly from myself, Dina Trevare."
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Hail Governor!

I was late awaking from my slumber this morning, but have read and contemplated your announcement. I know it is something you must have personally agonized over, preferring justice, so I also know it is not a decision made lightly. I hope the former 'enemies' realize the 'gift' and second chance you are giving them and use it wisely.

Goldburg will comply.

Thank you.
~Chester Copperpot
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

There has never been and never will be any tolerance for people who get in the way of persuits and stand in door ways to protect criminals, Unarmed or not. You should have expected to be struck.

Enough now, you learnt your lesson hopefully Starling.

-Drethek