Nominations for Governor of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Nominations for Governor of Troll's Bane

Post by Fooser »

Starting a day early because my patience has long run out. Citizens only. Self nominations are accepted immediately, nominations of others require verification. Any immature behavior like last time doesn't count.

Accepted nominations:
-Thomas Rothman
-Colin Smalls
-Jorokar Sladrir
-Amadi Yusuf Randal
-Keunthus

F
Last edited by Fooser on Thu May 01, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Thomas Rothman

Post by Thomas Rothman »

Thomas Rothman

A life for Troll's Bane / Ein Leben für Troll's Bane
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

I nominate me.

I would:

1) Restructure the town guard. It is beyond pathetic right now.

2) improve relations with other factions. I have no enemies, and doubt i would provoke angry assasination attempts.

3) I will outlaw telling people dueling in town to stop.

4) I pledge to improve relations with the orcs, and deal with them verbally. Im convinced i can do this.

5) I will buy everone (two) drinks.

The future is bright people. The future is Colin.

~Colin Smalls
Last edited by Colin Smalls on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

I nominate Fooser, because he has been doing his job well so far and I am sure he will continue doing so. He proved to be a solid government force, and he supports the building projects that benefit our city.

I also nominate him because I'm cautious about any candidates whose names are on the Kallahorn list. It came to my attention that Julius plans to implant a governor to take control of the treasury and channel it outside the city. He does not have to run for governor himself, all he needs is put one of his men who happen to be on the citizen list - into office.

Why do I care? I have money invested in Troll's Bane, and i don't want it stolen.
Indril Linwelin

Post by Indril Linwelin »

In my opinion Fooser is the best current choice to serve as our governor.
If he was not nominated already, I would nominate him.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Remember people, sign your names or I don't know if you're a citizen.

F
Rhyel Lester

Post by Rhyel Lester »

With the things I hear and the way things look, Fooser be the way to go.

Rhyel Lester.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Konrad Knox wrote: It came to my attention that Julius plans to implant a governor to take control of the treasury and channel it outside the city.
You mean the little that wasn't channeled into Foosers personal coffers yet...
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Just a name is scribbled at the parchment below, affixed by a signature

Fooser

Lady Ashayen Cromwell
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Konrad Knox wrote: I also nominate him because I'm cautious about any candidates whose names are on the Kallahorn list. It came to my attention that Julius plans to implant a governor to take control of the treasury and channel it outside the city. He does not have to run for governor himself, all he needs is put one of his men who happen to be on the citizen list - into office.

Why do I care? I have money invested in Troll's Bane, and i don't want it stolen.
Im sorry that you think this Konrad. I thought you might have known me better. Not everyone in Kallahorn is a mindless puppet of Julius'. I am acting of my own accord, and though i cant speak for everone in the guild, i think most people i have had dealings with will attest to my strength of character. I'm an honourable man Konrad, and the idea of doing what you say would counter everything i stand for.

The fact is, citizens of Trollsbane, what Mr knox is claiming is nothing short of fantasy. If Julius really wanted control of trollsbane, he could quite easily march in with his stronger allies and take it. He simply does not need to bother with such a plan. Anyway, even if he did want power through political means, i doubt he'd use me. Unless you are calling me a thief, im pretty sure your money will be kept safe.

Truth is folks, im nominating myself because i want to see a change. Fooser and his circle of friends claim that he has done a good job. No doubt hes been a good governor, but i dont think im alone in saying the leadership of this town has deteriorated. We are run by the same type of people, making the same mistakes, over and over again-isnt this giving us a message? Im not a great warrior, or powerful mage, nor do i have any powerful connections. But since when were any of these requirements to be governor?

If you dont want me as governor fine. But i urge the people not to let fooser and his allies shepherd you all into voting one way. Make your own choice.

~Colin
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I wish to nominate myself.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

If Jorokar is to win, there will be war. Simple as that. You want bloodshed? Vote for Jorokar.

*The writing is a bit jumbled and no signature seems to be evident*
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Julius hasn't taken the town because it wouldn't be very wise, and a decent majority of his members would probably leave on the spot if that occurred (if they haven't already). Not all change is good, I don't consider pools of blood in the shop from dueling a good change. Or talking with orcs like Rugh'To, who was attacking people at random the other day, then ran off to gather more orcs to invade us. By the way, what are your thoughts on being in the same order as criminals like Rugh'to?

F
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Maybe its your closemindedness and refusal to accept other points of view which causes the anger people such as rugh'to seem to have? Since ive yet to converse with the orc my feelings are neutral on him. I listen to both sides o governor.

~Colin
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

These people have mud in their eyes, Fooser is a flaming bafoon that has done absolutely nothing for this town except for complain like some old scaley bastard, form biased oppinions leaving no roomfor democracy and get rich.

~Nobleman
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The treasury was about 250 silver when I got it. It will be over 1,000 silver today, so let's look at the math on that:
250 - 500 (doubling of town money)
500 - 750 (tripling of original)
750 - 1000 (quadrupling of original)

So it went from 250 silver to 1,000 now (it was actually 1,200 at its peak), and that's even with guard salaries and payments for armory items. According to a couple unsigned writers, I've done all that and apparently stole most of it at the same time, that's pretty impressive.

F
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

So you admit the treasury is on a downward curve? My thanks for proving my point about good leadership deteriorating governor. Nice to see some honesty for a change.

~Colin
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yes, I gave 200 coins to Amadi to cover guard wages for the week, and armor purchases, so it went from 1200 silver to 1000. What a deteriorating situation.

F
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I wish to nominate Fooser, but as King, not as Governor.

~Roland Ross~
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Considering the guard currently seem unable to do their job that silver was no doubt wasted, so yes. It is deteriorating.

~Colin
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Be careful Colin, You are close to crossing the line between running an election campaign, and outright Defamation. Proving a point is one thing, But personnel attacks are something else all together. Out of curiosity, if you think the current guard is ineffective, what well you do to change this and make it better?

~A concerned citizen~
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Firstly I would replace Yusuf. No disrespect intended to him, but in my view he's not up to the job. If taliss wanted the position again then i would give it to him, but if he was unavailable i feel Drathe would make a fine guard captain, given the opportunity. The man worked hard for no reward in the old guard, was rarely paid, and eventually turned against the guard itself. He is skilled enough with a sword, levelheaded, well liked, and would know what problems needed to be rectified.

I'd also have any recruit who missed more than two meetings (without a valid excuse) automatically fired. The dedication among some members is questionable to say the least.

~Colin
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

War to be waged should Jorokar become governor? From my experience with him, he doesn't seem the war mongering type so I must assume that this writer is threatening Trollsbane of war should he be elected. If this writer's identity is found, perhaps he should be tried for treason.

E. Marescot
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Such notes are always unsigned, since the writers seem to cherish their reputations enough not to attach their names to such stupid words. It always has been this way and always will be.

Though there is a certain someone ... who doesn't like the Knighthood of Gobaith ... and didn't mind going to war with them on a whim in the past ...

F
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

A simple name is posted below.

Julius Rothman
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The two notes are moved closer. Nothing new is written.
Fooser wrote:Such notes are always unsigned, since the writers seem to cherish their reputations enough not to attach their names to such stupid words. It always has been this way and always will be.

Though there is a certain someone ... who doesn't like the Knighthood of Gobaith ... and didn't mind going to war with them on a whim in the past ...

F
Julius wrote:A simple name is posted below.

Julius Rothman
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

*below is scrawled hastily*

If i find you evan, you'd better be surrounded by the scum you've decided to mix with. Im going to enjoy killing you. You treacherous piece of filth.

Written this here as it seems the most likely place you'll find it now.

~unsigned
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

You know Evan Ross isn't a citizen of Trollsbane, So why would he find that note there?

~Unsigned~
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Well he wont be finding it on our guild board. The dirty little traitor.

~Unsigned
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Please try to kill him in Troll's Bane, I look forward to it.

F