Nominations for Governor of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Thomas Rothman

Post by Thomas Rothman »

Vote Rothman!
Callith

Post by Callith »

It is my personal opinion to the few who value it that none of the candidates have the right mixture of experience, ability, friends, and intelligence to perform the required tasks as a governor. The only candidate with any realy experience at controling a group of people is Jorokar, and I feel he lacks the mental fortitude to take up such a stressful job as ruling Trollsbane.

Amadi while he is named captain of the guard has done nothing to improve the guards and all he has done is hand out the equipment and wages they needed, he does not have the neccisary skills to control the whole town, especially if he wants to implement any changes.

Colin has no leadership experience, and while he talks a good game against his opponents he has been shown up time and time again. He also associates with the wrong people, people do judge you by association Colin wether you like it or not you associate with Bone Lord Worshipers, murderers, and a Rothman, you should have disassociated with them when you announced you were running.

As for the last candidate I do not know who he is and that more or less says it all, the others have put it accuratly and I shall not repeat it again, but it is foolish to vote for someone you do not know.

While I do acknowledge that there will be a stand for Thomas Rothman, he is not a real candidate, as apart from his little banner he has shown no interest in the debate, nor has he set out any plans should he win, so a vote for him would be as a pratical joke.

As I previously stated none of them are capable of the job, and I feel it may be time for a new form of governement the system of a single ruler worked for a while, I even helped set it up, and all the people who have been in charge have been able to do the job, but it is once more time for a change.

Callith
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

How can you be so sure none of us are capable of the job when we have not yet been given the chance? Rather presumptious of you Callith. At least gives whoever wins a chance to prove themselves before calling for a change in the system.

~Colin
Callith

Post by Callith »

As usual Colin tries to attack rather than defend himself, I would rather not give somoene without the experience and skills to do the job the chance to fail and ruin the town. I wouldn't put a raw recruit onto the front line of a battle it would put the saftey of everyone around him in danger, this is the same situation, I do not want anyone without the ability taking over town, and risking the towns saftey because of a lack of experience.

Callith
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

I dont see how anyone can ever gain the experience if they are refused any oppurtunity to learn. I suggest people vote for whoever they agree with and hope that the candidate they have picked is a quick learner. You sound rather pessimistic about everything Callith.

~Colin
Callith

Post by Callith »

I am not pessamastic, I am merely being honest, no one is capable of leading the town safely as far as I can see. Gaining experience is easy, as I said, Jorokar is the only one with it, but he doesn't have some of the other needed qualities. You can gain expereince by volunteering to lead things, setting up your own groups and helping others with theirs. The same way a soldier gains experience, you start from the bottom and work up, gaining eventually more and more experience. You want to start building your house from the roof down Colin, and that is why you are not suitable.

Callith
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I am always suspicious of guild members doubling up as governor of the town, but what the others say is correct, Jorokar is by far the most experienced and the one with the best will toward others. A vote for Jorokar might be a vote for war, but whose fault is that?

F
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

Dear people of T.B., dear Callith.

I really think ALL the candidates should earn our all respect. They all would offer their time, their power and of course risk their life to make Trolls Bane a better place.
Callith told us I didnt improve the guard. So I will give you a short overview what I did the last month.

- Hired 5 new recruits, released one from his duties.
- Changed the whole locks in the prison. Thanks to Mr. Buildingmaster here. And I gave jailkeys to the guards of course.
- Paid wages to all guards. Most of the old guards didnt receive any wages for months.
- Bought loads of guards equipment and gave the stuff to the guards.
- I translated the whole guard-board into old language. Of course with the goal to get more "old speaking" guards.
- I gave short lessons in behavior to new recruits.
- Worked out a completely new punishment - system and offered the concept to governor Fooser.
- Hunted down some criminals. Imprisoned two of them
- Organized two guard meetings with some training sessions after..

Well, Callith, I didnt see you around for a long time. I really dont know how you can say I d have missed in improving the guard.
Well, you should stop writing wrong facts. Its really no fair behavior.

I want to state my opinion about the candidates here:
Jorokar Sladrir:
I think he would do a good job as governor. He is a very fair person. He has a knighthood behind him. I think he would be a fair leader.
I am sure he would be able to keep peacer in town, and find any new relationship to the Knights of Kallahorn, instead of war.

Colin Smalls
I dont know him well. I think he has much power, and would do everything to make T.B. a better place. Probably he isnt very good in diplomacy, but he seems to be very honest. A honest leader is the most important thing.

Keunthus
He made a great job as a recruit. He will become a full guard next time I see him. He is very honourfull and has a great sense about justice.
I dont want him as governor, because I think he is too important as a guard.
If he wins the election, I hope he will do the same great job then as a recruit.

Thomas Rothman
No idea. Met him once in Trolls Bane. I cant say anything about him.
But thanks for offering your power to the city of T.B.

I wish we may get a fair election campaign.

~A.Y.R.
Captain Townguard
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Please do not forget all the fines you handed out because of the crime of "Defamation".
Artimer and myself are examples of that and I think I can speak for the both of us if I say that we do not wish your accomplishments to go unnoticed, all of them.

Faladron Furnir
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Don't forget me Faladron.

~Captain Evan Ross~

P.S. I also seem to remember him trying to arrest me while I was organizing a group to defend the town from an undead raid (For some reason I thought this was his job, I mean he is the captain and all) and only when 2 knights, a mage and Artimer told him to wait until later did he decided to let me finish doing his job for him.
Rhyel Lester

Post by Rhyel Lester »

Greetings. I have read that due to using my full name I was not allowed to vote. I gave the governor my gull name which adds to when spoken in my tongue to Rhyel Sarmir Ryrin Lester, but casually, not in the official documents I am known as simply Rhyel Lester. If using this name is what you'd prefer, please feel free to correct it on the citizen list.

((my character name as on the login is Rhyel Lester, I specified the full name in this thread to make it official, just did not want to overwhelm everyone I meet with my full name once I #i. I did not know it would affect my voting rights. Sorry.))
Indril Linwelin

Post by Indril Linwelin »

I must admit to a certain amount of newness where it comes to "democracy" but is it a common practice to have the voting books go missing during the time of the voting? I would think that would make it more difficult for citizens to vote with peace of mind knowing at any moment the librarian might just pop up and move the books so she can set up tables and chairs, lovely though the setting might be. Perhaps someone with authority in this matter of the election should look into this mistake for I would shudder to think any person other than the librarian would dare move such an important aspect of the voting process.

-Indril Linwelin, a concerned citizen.

((I think the books got wiped during the map update... at least I hope that’s what happened :shock: ))
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yes I went too and it seems they were gone.

F
Olive

Post by Olive »

an election? oh my how exciting!!

sadly i must abstain from voicing any opinion as i'm so new here that i dont think i could possibly know the people well enough to give my opinion, although i think i heard mr colin was around when those nasty zombies invaded and had me holed up in the guard tower while the people below trie dto fight them off. my goodness there were so many of them too!!

so thank you mr colin for getting rid of those smelly zombies so fragile ladies like me that dont know how to weild a weapon can wander the streets in safety
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The books got reinstalled.

Nitram
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Olive wrote:an election? oh my how exciting!!

sadly i must abstain from voicing any opinion as i'm so new here that i dont think i could possibly know the people well enough to give my opinion, although i think i heard mr colin was around when those nasty zombies invaded and had me holed up in the guard tower while the people below trie dto fight them off. my goodness there were so many of them too!!

so thank you mr colin for getting rid of those smelly zombies so fragile ladies like me that dont know how to weild a weapon can wander the streets in safety
A pleasure lady. Please, just call me Colin.

~Colin
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

She's not a citizen anyway if she's new.

~W.E~
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I was just wondering. Doesn't Jorokar have enough to worry about with Kights of Gobaith? I ean i think it is to much for any human to deal with by himself. Also doesnt this make him to powerful if he gets elected? Because power can actually cause WAY to much stress. So I just thought i'd ask before i elected him (which i was going to do if he can cope with this position).

Thanks!
Jonathan Cain,
Citezen of Troll's Bane

*a man is seen adding to this* Also i want to know why fooser didnt run again. for from what i can tell he was always a great governor.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Don't the citizens of Troll's Bane wish for a safer place? Are the citizens really
afraid of me and my aims? Do the citizens really think that I will use the
power wrongly? I've said it already and will say it again, that if I do indeed
use the power in the wrong ways, then I order all members of the Knighthood
of Gobaith to torture me until I have suffered enough for my wrongdoings.

To address the fact of 'stress', I must say that it is true and possible. But that
is why I will give higher responsabilities to the Knights, and spread my own.

I hope that that answers to your questions.

Thank you.
And may Zhambra guide us all along the good path.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Jorokar. Watch your back. This is advice, not a threat.

-unsigned-
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Yet another unsigned threat directed at enemy's of Kallahorn. Maybe someday you well all have the courage to sign your notes...

~Captain Evan Ross~
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I hereby announce that Jorokar Sladrir won the election with 9 voices. Colin Smalls got 2 voices. Thomas Rothman and Amadi Yusuf Randal got one voice.

Congratulations Jorokar Sladrir.

Nitram
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Congratulations Jorokar.
It may not mean much, But should there truly be a war, My sword is with you.

~Captain Evan Ross~
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Congratulations. I wish you luck. It seems you are now the most powerful man on Gobaith.

~Colin
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yeah you might think that, but really; no. Governors get barely any privileges, little respect and many ingrates whining at them all day.

~W.E~
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

I was reffering to his 'other' title too..

~Colin
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

A knight of a weak Knighthood.. what power.

~Unsigned~