Nominations for Governor of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

That is a lie Colin. The men of the Knighthood of Gobaith have welcomed me with open arms even after all I've done, Even after I openly opposed them for some time. They have also said that any members of Kallahorn may join them if they truly wish to join a real knighthood. How is that in any way Prejudices? How is that Excluding members they don't like?

~Captain Evan Ross~
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

So, you are saying, that should you not be voted in, and Jorokar is, you would still be part of kallahorn?
And if/when he is voted in, there will be war. So, what i conclude from that is, you will part kallahorn while fighting with the guard against kallahorn while still have no affiliation with gobaith who happens to be fighting against kallahorn also while being on the side of the guard seeing as the guard and knights of gobaith have the same leader.
This makes no sense to me... if you could clarify the situation, that'd be great...

Signed,
Altrix
Page of the Knights of Gobaith
Guard of Trollsbane
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

And also, what Evan said is true. I had been part of Kallahorn. I left it for Gobaith, and they didnt have the slightest problem with it.

Signed,
Altrix
Guard of Trollsbane
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

Forgive me now for ever bothering to step in on this lovely conversation
you lot are having via the usage of parchment. Normally, I stay out of
such things because in the end, it finishes in problems brought up and yet
never solved. However, this time I have something to say on the matter,
directing it to Colin. You call the Knighthood I stand under "prejudiced",
aye? Because we exclude members that we do not like. How do you come
across this assumption when most of the Kallahorn people never once
came forth to us beforehand? You say the men of Kallahorn have most
likely joined due to ill treatment at the hands of myself and the other
Knights of Gobaith or the Guard. Take a change to actually know the rest
of your Knighthood, Colin. Very, very few of them have had nothing to do
with us in the ways of being "treated badly."

The reason we have denied "acceptance" as you may say to some of
your.. Ah, brethren is because we are a Knighthood that values personal
morals and ethics just as much, if not -more- than we value skill. To say
we deny people because we "do not like them" is an utter disgrace. We
deny some for they seek no better than the average criminal.

As for the matters of these ideals of peace, read over what Mister Ross
said above. His words speak true enough.

Thank you for time well wasted,
~ Dame Ayla To'lorn
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Evan Ross wrote:That is a lie Colin. The men of the Knighthood of Gobaith have welcomed me with open arms even after all I've done, Even after I openly opposed them for some time. They have also said that any members of Kallahorn may join them if they truly wish to join a real knighthood. How is that in any way Prejudices? How is that Excluding members they don't like?

~Captain Evan Ross~
So your saying Julius Rothman or Deuce would be permitted entry into the knighthood of Gobaith? If so, i take what i said back. But the knights of Gobaith are not perfect, no matter what you say. There are plenty of reasons why someone may not wish to join their guild.

Altrix, its very simple. Ill fight on the side of the town, against whoever is the aggressor.

~Colin
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

As a side note, nominations are closed now.

F
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I don't represent the Knighthood of Gobaith, but I believe that if they where truly sorry for their crimes (Directed more so at Julius than Deuce), They would be given a chance to join and prove themselves. Also, No one ever claimed they where Perfect, They are just a hell of a lot closer then Kallahorn.

~Captain Evan Ross~
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

To clear something that has not yet been answered:

Colin, you earlier wrote that I myself am in favour of war and that I want
the Knighthood of Kallahorn destroyed.

You have either misunderstood my words or twisted them to your favour, so
I take the time to clarify:

I am not in favour of war, I am not quick to draw my blades, and I do not like
the sight of people suffering. However, a Knight knows when it is the time
to raise their blade of justice. If a group declares war against me, then I shall
not fall to cowardice, but face whoever opposes the good-willed. I will not
be the one to start the war. I'll also say that never have I actually declared
that such a war would be against the Knighthood of Kallahorn. I am more
than certain that some are able to see the truth and distinguish the good.

Evan Ross has also stated correctly. He is given a chance to prove himself.
I take this moment to also mention that I even offered Julius a chance
to sacrifice his title to join my Knighthood. The initiative to do such a
thing would have been a respectful act.

Lastly, I wish to say that despite these writings, I had a certain respect
for you, Colin. But you have lost some of that upon blatantly mentioned
the utter lie that we have mistreated members. I do not need to mention
any more on this.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

And i, too jorokar, had some respect for you. I lost that when i realised you want exactly the same as Julius, except you hide behind a pretence of nobility and self-righteousness.

I have good friends in the order of Kallahorn, and i dont mean to abandon them to the 'blade of justice'. It seems i am the only man here who 'truly' wants peace.

~Colin.
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

Sometimes they say that no matter how much a person wishes that all
things could be solved by lovely, peaceful talks over a mug of ale or a
goblet of wine, there will always be blades involved in the end. Peace
cannot be achieved by word alone, Colin. I, myself have had to face this
fact. Blades will be raised, at least Jorokar's is raised in the name of
Justice and not Greed.

You insult not only Jorokar, but myself as well and in turn our entire Order
by saying that the man wants the same as Julius. What is it Julius wants?
Explain to us that and we will decide if the two are indeed so much alike as
you claim they are. But of what I know, I assure you one thing, Mister
Smalls. When it comes to wants and goals, morals and ethics, Julius and
Jorokar are absolutely nothing alike. To say so is an insult in the end,
more than likely to both parties, the way things are.

But of course, in your eyes my words are more than likely biased. They'll
have no effect on you, hm? Precisely why I weary of this pointless arguing
through parchment already.

Yet again, thank you for time well wasted,
~ Dame Ayla To'lorn
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Easy Colin. Knights of Gobaith don't take it personal.
Look at me, I am not a criminal, I'm a known citizen, a blacksmith, a semi-capable combatant, and they still rejected me, denied me knighthood when I kept asking for it. They held me as a Squire for over a year, and I was not able to prove trustworthiness.

Sure, I do have a grudge on them, but it doesn't mean I'm going to join some other group to go crush them. It simply means I will never try to join them again. It's not a reason to be their enemy just because they're rejected you.

It's a typical argument of the snobs who think they are better than others, and people who are bitter about it. Be above it, Colin. Why bark like a small dog, when you can stay calm and silent, like a big dog?
Just accept them as they are. They won't change unless you kill them. But are you willing to kill them just to have them be gone? Are you willing to draw aggression of every single law-abiding citizen of town? Just to get rid of a few snobs?

It's not worth it. Words cannot change K.O.G. Best you can do to hurt them is just not join them, it's that easy.
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Aye Konrad. I'd be perfectly happy leaving them alone. I was merely answering Altrix when he demanded to know why someone would want to join a knighthood other than gobaith.

I dont buy the claim both cannot co-exist. And i think those who claim this are seeking an excuse for war. Judge for yourselves who is right i guess.

~Colin
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Did i demand to know why anyone would join anything other than the knights of gobaith? I believe not i simply stated that the two knighthoods have different views of justice. Also, when I said if they had the same views of justice, why not unite under the same flag, I was not saying that the 'one flag' would have to be the one of gobaith, it doesnt matter what flag we were united under. If I had found that both groups had the same sense of justice, I might still be in kallahorn, but I quickly found out that they are nothing alike.

Signed,
Altrix
Guard of Trollsbane
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

Governor - election

Accepted nominations:

-Amadi Yusuf Randal
-Colin Smalls
-Jorokar Sladrir
-Keunthus
-Thomas Rothman

-----------------------

Governorwahl.

Nominierte:

-Amadi Yusuf Randal
-Colin Smalls
-Jorokar Sladrir
-Keunthus
-Thomas Rothman
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

No Fooser?

Hrm.. Can Residents (as in: not citizens but on the resident list) vote?
Amadi Yusuf Randal

I couldnt find any law about that so I think Fooser will have to decide about it.
But arent residents allways citizens, too?
In my eyes they should be allowed to vote.

~A.Y.R.
Captain Townguard
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Amadi: Amadi has been a faithful servant of the long arm of the law. He is a lovely canidate, but he also went insane with power over it at times. For example, I tried to cut a tree down to prevent the workshop from recieving damage due to the roots of the tree, and Amadi became enraged. And go ahead, charge me with defamement, because I am showing people the good and bad of you, and this is only the tip of what will be happening over these next few days during election time, as people delegate.

Thomas Rothman: He is related to Julius. He has declared openly to others that he had intentions of restoring his name the way his family does, by lieing and taking away rights. The Rothman estate in Salkamar ought to be enough for them, and seems to have a little leadership experience... but most likely would be controlled by Julius.

Colin: You are a general young man, who is strong and obviously thinks things through. Unfortunatly, you seem to want peace, and stand beside Kallahorn all the time defending them even when the ones, note that it is not all but a small few, are criminals. Such as Dominic who has been banned from every city, as well as a few other members. Do not forget that Julius has threatened the children of the Knights of Gobiath, and that Dominic has openly attacked them, and the fact that Deuce has tried to assassinate Fooser, as well as others. They may be your friends, but turning away from these deeds, obviously shows bias, and that is why they were rejected from the knights and not liked by them.

Konrad: You constantly declare that you waited for a year to become a knight, and that you could fight better than them and all this and that. You knew for a -very- long time that the Knights weren't just stab enough times and you become a knight, but rather you need to assist others. Had you stopped asking every day, and just listened you could have been a Knight. Most likely when the events that occured during Bras, that most certainly would have put you into the Knights, but you became displeased at waiting and threw a tantrum and ran off.

Keunthus: A bit too young and experienced for this kind of thing I believe. He arrived on the island about a month before nominations, andit would make little sense to vote him in from that stand point. On the other hand, he is some fresh blood, and may change Troll's Bane for the better, or worse. At this point he is a vague person, but he seems like a good guy.

Jorokar: Jorokar has experience leading, and he has made great strides in -trying- to keep peace between the two groups, but Julius seems to focus more on the fact of the past, that his relative was removed from Gobiath with force, after he did some extreme crimes. On the other hand, some one has decided that if he would win there would be a war, but I do not believe it will be a war, more of a slaughter. This threat obviously came from some one within Kallahorn, and probably some one who is a higher up, who hates the Knights of Gobiath with a passion. Jorokar has also been on the island longer than most, if not all, the canidates, the only problem I see is the fact that he can get a bit too excited in the rush of it all.
So there you have it people, what I know of these groups and my general opinion. Vote how you wish. No matter what there will be people who are angry at the winner.
Signed,
Artimer Fault.
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Dear Artimer,

I dont know why you write here about the candidates. But if you are keen on telling the Island your opinion, I want you to write the whole truth.

You tried to cut down a tree, right infront of the entrance of the workshop.
I asked you to stop, because it was too dangerous that anybody would become injured.
You came back a few moments later and started again to cut down the tree. After I asked you again to stop you cut the tree down completely and nearly injured people standing next.
Then I wanted to talk to you, about the danger of cutting trees in town. But you ran away and tried to fool me.

Thats a behavior I cant accept as a guard. When a guard wants you to stop, you have to. Otherwise you make yourself suspicious, and maybe get stroke down by the guardsman doing his duty.
I just want that everybody knows what happened. Its no "getting insane with power". Its just I dont care if you are a Knight or a simple fool or a grandmaster or something else. If you commit a crime you get punished. As long as I am captain, I will handle it like this.

~A.Y.R.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Artimer, I'd like to know when I attacked the Knighthood of Gobaith. It's great to see how much weight you think you pull in the town of Trollsbane as well. Especially since you don't seem to understand the simple rules of the town.

~Dominic Fisher
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Lets see, there was the time you came into Greenbriar, and caused general havoc and threatened everyone.
Artimer Fault.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Ah, so "causing general havoc" and "threatening people" counts as physical attacks does it? And you'll have to remind me of when I did that.

~Dominic Fisher
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

To Artimer Fault. It is true that I have only been on this island for a month. However, I am 25 years old, thus, I am not sure if "young" is the correct term to catagorize me with. My reason for running for candidate is to bring more dialogue between the organizations and settlements of Gobaith and to do my best to make sure that the peace will remain intact. That will be my priorities if I win.

May your honor never break.

//Keunthus
Recruit of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

You need to vote for a candidate who actually has some power. A small army is needed to be in controll of Trolls Bane. As it is now one would be naive to the point of stupidity to think the governor actually rules Trolls Bane. I believe Jorokar Sladrir is the candidate who is closest to having sufficient power.

-Unsigned
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

I vote for Lithiel.

F
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Since everybody is throwing their opinion around, I guess I'll have a go too.

-Amadi Yusuf Randal: Yusuf has both the intelligence and fighting ability to take care of himself. He is often around Trollsbane, attempting to keep the peace, and as far as I can see he deals with things rather effectively, and does not have enough enemies to make his job difficult for him, which means he is both likeable and approachable.

-Colin Smalls: Colin has some of the right ideas, but rushes into things, and lacks experience in a position of any power. He would be very vunerable to assassination attempt as well. He is also aggressive and fails to take in his surroundings. Therefore, I would not recommend him as governor unless you want the town in ruins within an hour of the election.

-Jorokar Sladrir: Jorokar is very good at smoke and mirrors, and I commend him for managing to drive his knighthood on for so long, without it disappearing into obscurity. His judgement can often be a little askew, but he always tries to do what is right, which I suppose is something. My only concern is that if Jorokar was elected, the Knighthood would have a monopoly over the town of Trollsbane, and I thoroughly expect that Ayla and Dantagon are given influential positions in the government, and Taliss leads the guard. I think it is much better for the town if the leader does not belong to a guild like this, giving it more neutrality. Someone like Yusuf can offer this.

-Keunthus-I do not believe he is the right man for the job. He has barely arrived on the island, and it would perhaps be better for him to watch and wait before making a stand for governor. Also, he is a member of the Knighthood of Gobaith, under the control of Jorokar, so electing him would effectively be electing Jorokar. Also, Keunthus strikes me as a man to be led rather than a man to lead.

-Thomas Rothman: Who?

~Rufus
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Die Wahlbücher die wie immer von mir, Nitram, der Stadt Trollsbane bereitgestellt werden, stehen in der Biliothek des grauen Lichts in dem kleinen Raum in der oberen Etage.

Die Bücher wurden entsprechend der Mitteilung von Stadthalter Fooser für die Kandidaten Amadi Yusuf Randal, Colin Smalls, Jorokar Sladrir, Keunthus und Thomas Rothman vorbereitet.

Alle Bürger der Stadt Trollsbane die auf der Bürgerliste stehen sind wahlberechtigt. Die Außnahmen bilden die Kandidaten die nicht an der Wahl teilnehmen und folgende Personen:
Anthony Xavier
Carim Black
Dannon
Na-Chaya
Jerimedes
Perrillynn Appalachia Primrose Asmurf
--R-h-y-e-l---S-a-r-m-i-r---R-y-r-i-n---L-e-s-t-e-r--
Rorak
Shane Lovett
--S-t-a-r-l-i-n-g--

Der Grund für das Ausscheiden dieser, ist das sie entweder die Insel verlassen haben oder unter falschem Namen auf der Liste stehen.

Die Wahl beginnt am 5. Findos des 24. Jahres n.VdH um 21 Uhr und endet genau 9 Tage später am 14. Findos.

Nitram

---------------

The votingbooks are as usually provided by me, Nitram, for the town Trollsbane. The books are placed in the upper floor of the library of the grey light in the small room.

As governor Fooser told me the books are setted up for the candidates Amadi Yusuf Randal, Colin Smalls, Jorokar Sladrir, Keunthus and Thomas Rothman.

All citizens of Trollsbase that are written down on the citizens list are allowed to vote. Exceptions are the candidates and the following persons:
Anthony Xavier
Carim Black
Dannon
Na-Chaya
Jerimedes
Perrillynn Appalachia Primrose Asmurf
--R-h-y-e-l---S-a-r-m-i-r---R-y-r-i-n---L-e-s-t-e-r--
Rorak
Shane Lovett
--S-t-a-r-l-i-n-g--

The reason why they are not allowed to vote is that they left the island or they are written with a false name on the citizens list.

The vote starts at the 5th of Findos of the year 24 AW at 9 o'clock pm and ends exactly 9 days later at the 14th of Findos.

Nitram
Last edited by Nitram on Wed May 07, 2008 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

To Rufus: I assure you, if I am elected, I will seperate my duties of leading Troll's Bane and serving the Knights of Gobaith. Jorokar would not control Troll's Bane if I would be elected.

May your honor never break.

//Keunthus
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

It seems the odds are stacked against me. However, i would like to make one final plea for people to listen to me, and vote Colin. A vote for Jorokar, is a vote for war, and for a leader who is naturally biast due to his beliefs and duties. I see no reason why someone would vote for him, unless of course they also, like him want war. If thats the case then go ahead.

Yusuf: I simply dont believe the man has the right ingredients to be a leader. Yes, he can fight, but in my humble opinion, he can do little else. The guard has been worse than useless under his command, i cant imagine what the town will be like.

As for Keunthus, who is this man? I barely recognise his name, and i think others would agree. He sounds sensible and reasonable, but surely one must experience the town's problems for themselves, rather than reading about them via the boards or someone else's stories, before attempting to jump into management.

'Rufus', you claim i am aggresive, yet i am the candidate who appears to be trying to stop the war? The one who plans on talking rather than killing? Are you insane? And can you give evidence as to how i 'dont take in my surroundings?' Are you confusing me with yourself perhaps?

When i nominated myself i did not read under the requirements that all nominees had to already hold power in town, nor that they couldnt be 'vulnerable to assasination attempts'. If, as someone has suggested, the town is too corrupt for a normal citizen to take the post of governor, then surely that is a message that something is wrong and it must be changed?

I would like to thank those who have defended me, and i wish the person who does win (if it is not me) luck. However i still think you should vote Colin.

~Colin.
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

Many have talked about the fact that I have not been long on this island. That is true, I cannot deny that. However, does that mean that I am unfit to lead? To be able to lead the town into a time of peace, is that something only one who has been on the island for a long time could do? Might it not be best if someone, with little bias and contacts beforehand, one who might be able to remain fairly objective, to run the town?

/Keunthus
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I will write once again to address an utterly stupid and senseless claim,
possibly one of the worst that I keep reading, pathetic even.

You obviously know by now what I refer to, but why do I say such a thing?
Saying that I will be biased and will favour the Knighthood of Gobaith is as
stupid and laughable as saying a Troll's Bane governor favouring the Troll's
Bane guards.

People claiming that are in other words saying: "Don't vote for Jorokar, he
might show preference to those who dedicate themselves to protect Troll's
Bane. What's worse is that he might also help them to be able to carry their
task more efficiently."

Yes, those claims are as pitiable as that. I have authority over the Knighthood
of Gobaith, and may as well have over Troll's Bane. It's no abuse if I'll aim
and work with the two to make Troll's Bane a better place.

My aims and the Knighthood's aims are not power and greed. If I ever fall
to the temptation of any of the two, I'd have betrayed my loyalty to the Gods,
and my principles as a Knight. If I ever fall to those, I ask the members
of the Knighthood themselves to subdue me and torture me until I would
have repented enough.

I don't know if it's new for some of you, but my principles as a Knight are
based on a very strong relation and loyalty to the Gods, Zhambra, Malachin
and Sirani. I please them through my doings on Gobaith, and they happen
to be fighting for justice, for good bonds between people, for peace, for
protection.

Lastly, voting me does not mean war. I am not intending to start any war.
I am tired repeating this. But if someone else causes a war, I obviously
will not stand back and watch them, I'm no puppet. If any of you don't want
to fight, then stay out of it and you'll be spared.

I hope that the people's decision will be wise, and that they do not think of
me as one who is willing to ride into war.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir