Nominations for Governor of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

It's a nomination, not a vote.

~W.E~
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Another thing to be aware of when you all are thinking of writing here.
I may be mistaken but is this posting not about choosing a new governor?
From what i have seen, this has been a handful of nominations, and the rest is just people trying to ruin the reputations of others. And, i can assure you all that you are not making yourselves look any better by going around and throwing insults at eachother. Can we not show some respect even when it is coming to the elections for governor? Can we not try to be somewhat civilized when it comes to this list and save it for somewhere else? I for one find it quite sad that some among you want to be governor but cant even keep your head when it comes to chosing who will take on the position of governor. How can we know that anyone amongst is the best choice if you all cant even show some respect when it comes to just simply putting you name on a list? It may just be my opinion, but how about we save it for when the voting actually starts.
When i last checked, this wasnt a 'debate' list, it was a 'put your name down if you think you can do the job' list. I'm not sure if anyone else sees it this way, but maybe we should save it for debates and meetings.

Altrix,
Guard of Trollsbane
Page of the Knights of Gobaith
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

The note is moved.
Last edited by Evan Ross on Fri May 02, 2008 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

I wish to nominate myself. If I am elected, I shall do my best to protect Troll's Bane from the threat of war. I shall make sure that people are judged based on themselves and not which order they chose to join. I am sure that there are honorable individuals in most orders. There are in Kallahorn, for example Page Rawn. If I am elected, I will make sure to negotiate with other settlements and orders, to do my best to keep the peace. I will do my best to remain objective in my decisions. War should be the last sollution.

I do not believe that I am the only one capable of the title of governor. Select the one whom you would want to rule Troll's Bane. I shall work for peace, and I shall also work for understanding between different factions, if possible. I believe in diplomacy, not threats or violence. Violence might be needed as a last resort, though. However, only as a last resort.

//Keunthus
Recruit of the Town Guard's of Troll's Bane
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

First of all, who in the hell do you think you are? Calling me a julius lover!
Have you not noticed that my name has not been signed with the knights of kallahorn? It is signed proudly with the Kinghits of Gobaith. I had joined kallahorn at one point, but for reasons i will not mention, i left it. If i had been a 'julius lover' as you say, would i have left kallahorn for Gobaith? Maybe, you need to get your facts straight before you go around and call me such.

And, for a second point, you are hardly helping with the running of the election process. Did you not read the post i made earlier about if we want an argument, this isnt the place for it? Maybe, if you had gotten your facts straight as said, you wouldn't be sitting there writing this garbage. One day, when you have gone ahead and decided to take your head out of your ass, you can come back to be and plead for my forgiveness.

And, finally, i think the point was made before, when you leave your notes unsigned, they become as worthless as the hands that wrote them, for if it was someone who had any information on the subject, they would leave there name, as proof that they are standing behind what they say.

Signed,
Altrix
Guard of Trollsbane
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Julius Lover.

~Unsigned~
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Even still, as i proclaim my disloyalty to julius, there are some people, who are to ignorant to realize what i am saying. If there is someone out there, who is willing to deal with this man, or give me any information on who might want to see me out of their way, could you please tell me?
But please, dont send me a dove, i want the whole world to know of this man's stupidity

Signed,
Altrix
Guard of Trollsbane
Page of The Knights of Gobaithn
Not a member of Kallahorn
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Aye Altrix. These people really are completely illogical. They see 'Julius lovers' everywhere. Paranoia in the extreme.

~Colin
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Is it illogical too, to question someone who says they care about Troll's Bane, but have spent the last weeks 1) knowing wanted criminals were in their guild and didn't do a single thing, 2) knowing those within their guild threatened war against the town they are running in, and didn't condemn it until it was brought up a third time. That's a lot of care for town you have there.

F
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

I dont see any other candidates doing those things. Oh wait.. their names are not on a list..

~Colin
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Colin,
If you feel true about what you say, and think you are what is best for the town... then I offer you, a test. Release this election. Run in the next one, and reform your guild. Rebuild -your- image as well as your comrades. As it stands... people have a certain right to be paranoid about you. You are a good man, I do not deny that.. but the current times are not fit for you. Wait, for you are young, and you have much to learn. Build up the time around you, and prepare for now is the spring of your life, don't let it pass you by in the drab and dreary work of listening to everyone complain and report every single thing to you, and listen to every single person who has -any- ambition try to plot your death. Right now, you are young, don't let it go to waste. Youth does, actually, only come once.
Your Friend,
Artimer Fault
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Artimer,

I am truly touched by your concern. But im afraid it will take more than that to persuade me to pull out of this. After all, im not doing this for myself, im doing it for the people of trollsbane.
Stay safe friend.

~Colin
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Colin, do people of Troll's Bane need you? Why do I need you as my governor?

Konrad.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

A man with short, black hair with traveler's clothing and a dark, grey cloak walks by the postings on the board. After glancing briefly over them, he rubs his chin, thinking to himself...after a moment has passed, he grins and carefully writes a fresh note.

"This contest will be determined by power of the tongue, and extinguished by power of the blade."

(Unsigned)
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Konrad, yes the people of Trollsbane do need me, or at least someone similar, for the single reason that i believe several other candidates will inevitably lead the town into a war. I understand that Jorokar does not want people to see him back down, but is his pride really worth innocent people's lives? Why should we risk war? I believe i could not only avoid this needless conflict but repair the damage caused.

As for my policies, ive already stated what they are earlier. Your choice if you want to vote for me.

~Colin
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

My dear Colin, my pride has nothing to do with me not deciding to withdraw
myself. I honestly do not wish for war, but there are several reasons why
I will still persist and opt for the high position. And here I will tell you:

- The right decision is never clear and never easy. I indeed thought that
withdrawing back would be the best decision, but Zhambra is not leading me
that way. Through prayer, I can feel that Zhambra is guiding me towards this
decision of keeping my nomination, and I will never oppose the God's will.

- War can sometimes be avoided, but other times can not. If this time it can
be avoided, then it is the threatening side that can lower their arms and accept
the Gobaithans' decision on who the next Governor will be.

- If these threatening people still desire this war, then let it be so. Most likely,
the war will be a benefit for all the people. Why, you may ask? Before I
answer this question, ask yourself why are some people threatening me
and Troll's Bane? The only I can think of is hatred towards myself or the
Knights of Gobaith. I think the largest part of Gobaith realizes that my as
well as the Knighthood's intentions are always right and never corrupted.
This implies that the threatening people are deciding to fight against the
good-willed, and even if I am not elected, they may still be a threat to
anyone else in the future, and the war they so desperately ask for will
sooner or later arise.

That is by far enough reasons why I will not withdraw back.

If this war truly comes upon us, I will not enforce anyone to stand by my
side. But I'll be there standing in the front line, and not withdraw until either
I or them have fallen.

May Zhambra bless and protect those people who truly deserves His
blessings and protection.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

It's not Jorokar's fault that there are areas of the island inhabited by idiots who wish to destroy him for very little reason. But this area is pretty much isolated to the southeastern portion of the island .. sort of near the troll forest, and by the water. You know where I'm talking about? Yeah.

F
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

I am sure your own reasons are noble Jorokar, i simply question the logic of any inhabitant who votes for you. What exactly would it achieve, apart from exacerbating an already volatile situation.

~Colin
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Colin Smalls wrote:I understand that Jorokar does not want people to see him back down, but is his pride really worth innocent people's lives? Why should we risk war?

~Colin
Seems to me that your a member of the faction who plan to declare war if Jorokar is elected.

~Unsigned~
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

What would it achieve?

A victory will mean the end of this threatening group, not making citizens
uncomfortable anymore. Right now, they act, and we never take action.
So now I will step forward and face this problem; face them.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I must agree with Jorokar, many people know that the cause of the Knights of Gobaith is a just one. Many people know that the Knights of Gobaith want nothing more than to make it so that this land is a better place. But, when there is a threat to the Knights, the only people who would dare to threat a group based on justice, is one that is unjust itself. Maybe such a war would open the eyes of the people, and Jorokar, i can guarantee that should this war start, I will be willing to stand at your side in battle as I am sure that the rest of the knighthood and, should you be elected in, the Guard of Trollsbane will be at your side.

Signed,
Altrix
Guard of Trollsbane
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Evan Ross wrote: Seems to me that your a member of the faction who plan to declare war if Jorokar is elected.

~Unsigned~
Whoever you are, ask around members of Kallahorn and see what their feeling is. Julius is on his own in desiring war.

And Jorokar, so you are in effect stating that you want war, and the knighthood of kallahorn destroyed.

I am stating that i want peace, and both factions to co-exist.

Seems to me the difference between you and Julius is much less than most would claim.

~Colin
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Tell us Collin, would you step back, if someone declares war should you be voted?

~Pellandria~
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

If someone, kallahorn or Gobaith, declared war, i would attempt to reason with them, and then face them head on should that fail.

I would also leave the knighthood of Kallahorn should i be elected, to mantain neutrality.

~Colin
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Colin,
So long as Julius Rothman leads the Knighthood of Kallahorn, The two group CANNOT co-exist. He is constantly being hostile and threatening war against both Trollsbane and the Knighthood of Gobaith if he doesn't get his way. If another where to lead the Knighthood of Kallahorn, Perhaps things would be different, But until that time, There won't be peace.

~Captain Evan Ross~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Colin Smalls wrote:
Evan Ross wrote: Seems to me that your a member of the faction who plan to declare war if Jorokar is elected.

~Unsigned~
Whoever you are, ask around members of Kallahorn and see what their feeling is. Julius is on his own in desiring war.
What a foolish statement. No factions were named as such, but you've just pushed Kallahorn out there and stated that Julius is desiring war. Congratulations, you managed to implicate yourself.

~W.E~
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Tell me Colin, if the two knighthoods have the same views of justice, then why are there even two knighthoods at all?
Why would we not both unite under the same flag and allow julius to go off on his own with no followers to stand at his back?
And, tell me colin, when the time comes for war, as it will inevitably do so, who would you fight for, Julius, or the town guard and knights of gobaith?
Answer this honestly and then we shall decide who deserves the vote.

Signed,
Altrix
Guard of Trollsbane
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

How do you co-exist when they don't even have enough responsibility to hand over suspected criminals when the town asks. Then wonders why some aren't allowed to be citizens? That's because citizens DON'T negotiate with the town over diplomacy, and citizens DON'T have the authority to declare war on other citizens. I don't mind Kallahorn's existence, but without some drastic changes, and quickly, there won't be good co-existence.

F
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Not really. Ive already told people (as if anyone didnt know already), and since most people already believe what they believe no matter what i say i doubt anyone who supports me will suddenly lose faith because of that.

I've said i want peace, if you think im lying william, come find me and say it to my face.

~Colin
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

bdgdkay wrote:Tell me Colin, if the two knighthoods have the same views of justice, then why are there even two knighthoods at all?
Why would we not both unite under the same flag and allow julius to go off on his own with no followers to stand at his back?
And, tell me colin, when the time comes for war, as it will inevitably do so, who would you fight for, Julius, or the town guard and knights of gobaith?
Answer this honestly and then we shall decide who deserves the vote.

Signed,
Altrix
Guard of Trollsbane
BECAUSE, Altrix my fine friend, the knighthood of Gobaith has prejudices which means they exclude members they do not like. Men who have joined kallahorn have most likely done so because of treatment at the hands of the knights gobaith or the town guard.

I would fight for the town guard.

~Colin