Nominations for Governor of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Better yet, Come to Caelum and do it.
Even better, Act like a true knight and give us your name instead of hiding behind a pen.

~Captain Evan Ross~
Richter Brown

Post by Richter Brown »

There are many citizens speaking old. So please announce in both languages, Fooser.
My nomination is Amadi Yusuf Randal. Current guard captain.

-Johann Brown-
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Have you even MET the man?

~Unsigned~
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Sure, Amadi has done some wrongs in the past, be have not we all?
though, no offense Amadi should you decide to read this, he may not be the best person for the governor, he surely isnt the worst person to be in charge of the guard.

Secondly, Julius, your threat of war should Jorokar be elected in, is not only something i would expect of a child, it is a suprise to me that it isnt being taken as a threat to the knights of gobaith. And though i have taken to you kindly in the past, i would not hesitate to you or any man down if they had threatened me or my association.

Third, adressing the many comments on the guard. There is not much that can be done. i havent seen many of you out there signing up to join. Also, another thing is, is that there arent nearly as many warriors around these days. And, what people we do have in the guard, we are human, we are not perfect, and there is noone who is capable of being elected who is able to change that, unless one of you has found some kind of miracle cure that can make it so that noone has to sleep anylonger.

I say all of these things not as a threat to anyone, nor an insult. i say this because many of you are acting childish and you need not to say that all of the people around you need to change, but you should look deeper into the situation and many of you will find it is yourself that needs to be changing.

Signed,
Altrix,
Proud Guard of Trollsbane,
Proud page of The Knights of Gobaith,
and apparently the only one among you all, except maybe a select few, with a valuable asset known as common sense
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

bdgdkay wrote:Sure, Amadi has done some wrongs in the past, be have not we all?
though, no offense Amadi should you decide to read this, he may not be the best person for the governor, he surely isnt the worst person to be in charge of the guard.

Secondly, Julius, your threat of war should Jorokar be elected in, is not only something i would expect of a child, it is a suprise to me that it isnt being taken as a threat to the knights of gobaith. And though i have taken to you kindly in the past, i would not hesitate to you or any man down if they had threatened me or my association.

Third, adressing the many comments on the guard. There is not much that can be done. i havent seen many of you out there signing up to join. Also, another thing is, is that there arent nearly as many warriors around these days. And, what people we do have in the guard, we are human, we are not perfect, and there is noone who is capable of being elected who is able to change that, unless one of you has found some kind of miracle cure that can make it so that noone has to sleep anylonger.

I say all of these things not as a threat to anyone, nor an insult. i say this because many of you are acting childish and you need not to say that all of the people around you need to change, but you should look deeper into the situation and many of you will find it is yourself that needs to be changing.

Signed,
Altrix,
Proud Guard of Trollsbane,
Proud page of The Knights of Gobaith,
and apparently the only one among you all, except maybe a select few, with a valuable asset known as common sense
Friend altrix.. noone is suggesting the guard can be made perfect, but surely you agree improvements can be made? We CAN do better.

~Colin
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I should put forth the reminder that the guard is a "volunteer force", and people as individuals and citizens may choose to join, and choose to put forth what effort they deem necessary.

Also, all people nominated so far are worthy, though I have a single question for Colin: How is any reasonable person in Troll's Bane supposed to trust someone, who takes orders from one who threatens war towards a significant number of other citizens?

F
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

What proof do you have that i accept orders from him? Kallahorn is a jointly run organisation dont forget. Its my opinion that i could heal the damage between the town and the guild.

I would also of course leave the guild should i be elected, so as to remain neutral.

~Colin
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

If by "heal" you mean pardon multiple crimes, ignore the threats of an orc attack, and basically let them have their way with you, then perhaps you could.

F
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

by heal i mean jailing any criminals, no matter their guild affiliation, attempting to talk the orcs out of attacking before using force, if necessary.

Theres only one person around currently who i'd let have their way with me. And shes not in Kallahorn.

~Colin
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I got that impression, maybe because they SAY you take orders from him:
Julius wrote: Group Name: Vacant
Group Leader: Squire Faladron
Group Knight: Sir Julius Rothman, Sir Dain Laiden, Sir Dominic Fisher
Group Members: Edward von Ulrich, Page Colin Smalls, Page Mathanial Caine, Page Rawn, Page Metir da Dague
Current Group Task: Improve relations with foreign rule. Grey Rose as an example. Choose a group name.
I assume a knight is higher than a member, that is sort of the idea in a knighthood. You take orders from Julius, who has threatened harm to numerous citizens, and you take orders from Faladron, who assaulted a man, and then insulted half the town after I brought it up. You take orders from those who are not only denouncing your town, but a few are also wanted by it (Rugh'to, etc), and where are you during all of this? Is that, or is that not a CONFLICT OF INTEREST. Leaving a guild after winning does not mean you are suddenly neutral. This goes for the other side too, but I am less skeptical about them, since they are less inclined to threaten war against those on the citizen list that are part of Kallahorn, while Kallahorn is more inclined to do that for the Knights of Gobaith on the citizen list.

F
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

I nominate myself.

~ Lithiel Tremere
tarzi-kins

Post by tarzi-kins »

Hags are too useless to nominate themselves.
Incorrigable youth.

--Lithiel.
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

I'm no hag!

Quit forging my name!

~ Lithiel Tremere
tarzi-kins

Post by tarzi-kins »

You hypcritical youth.
And you wonder why I run after you screaming with two swords held over my head.

--Lithiel.
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

Unforgivable chap!

If you don't stop forging my signature, I'll have you arrested!

I still would like to nominate myself.

~ Lithiel Tremere
tarzi-kins

Post by tarzi-kins »

Thane, dear, you stole my fish and now you are impersonating me.
If anyone is to be arrested, it's you.

Go find another map to play with.

--Lithiel.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Colin, oh Colin....

Oh... Colin...

Colin, Colin, Colin...

All I can say is, with this I'd like to volunteer myself as a mercenary/standing town guard and require no pay. If possible I'd like to be in position of outside defender rather than internal street police. Should the city go under siege or the gates be marched over by enemy from the outside - that's where I'd like to be summoned to fight.
Investigation and anti-thievery are not my areas of interest.
If such positions within the guard are available, I'd officially take them.

Konrad Knox~>
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I think I've made my point. There have been two threats now, one against Jorokar, and one against Evan, both obviously from Kallahorn. And Collin refused to condemn it, and even chooses to be a colleague to these classless individuals. Having had my fun, I feel that I will not be able to fill the obligations to the town, my time will be very limited in the coming month or two, making it so that I do not wish to run again. Ever since coming to the island I advocated a good overthrow every so often when it was needed, so I will do so again, this time peacefully by allowing new blood to enter. I endorse Sir Jorokar, a passive and selfless individual who has never given anything but good will to others, and I hope others will support him in his efforts.

F
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Please explain to me why Kallahorn would threaten one of it's own members? When it comes to Jorokar; I can asure you that the knighthood as a whole is not threatening him, though induviduals may be doing so without the suport of the rest of the knighthood.
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Fooser. If you read the document enclosed by Julius on our guild board, you will see that he not only endorses me, but you as well. Does this mean governor Fooser is a criminal attempting to destroy the town?

All i will say is this. You constantly refer to people associated with myself, claiming that my intentions are ill for no other reason than my name appearing on the same list as a few certain individuals. You are desperate for a way to discredit me, and since you realise there is no way this can be achieved concerning my own character, you consistently throw other names about. Its pathetic. Name any crimes i have committed. Or any reason why people shouldnt trust me, without grabbing onto another name.

~Colin
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

It really isn't that hard Colin.

Crimes of their members have been documented, you'd rather choose to ignore it. Two of their members threaten citizens (of the town you wish to run for governor for) right in front of you, and you have yet to condemn such actions.

You say "hm, people in their order commit crimes and threaten the town", and then join. What does that say about your principles?

F
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

I condemn Julius' call to arms should Jorokar be elected. Should the knights of Gobaith then use this to damage or destroy the knighthood of Kallahorn then we will of course defend ourselves.

I know of no other member threatening a citizen. Try again governor.

~Colin
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

I still don't see my name on the list of nominees. Please don't forget me.

~ Lithiel Tremere
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I am not a citizen, but I have become an ally to TrollsBane recently.

As an outsider, I have witnessed threats and deeds by members of Kallahorn and Orcs upon the good citizens of TrollsBane. Their leader, Julius, is a liar and powerhungry tyrant, who has delusions of Grandeur and Power. The 'Knighthood of Kallahorn' as a whole, are 'shady', selfish and untrustworthy people in my opinion, and it is all due to their leader. A sane and just person would avoid joining this group.

When the Town was threatened with invasion by him, we secretly provided ample armor for the Guard for free. Luckily invasion was avoided, but may not always be so. We shall continue to supply arms, armor and Gynk Fires in it's defense when needed. Trollsbane has many allies.

I have had numerous dealings with Governor Fooser, and I have not met a better Governor for Trollsbane in a long time. I feel safe that he will keep his word and that he is trying his best. If he endorses Jorokar, then we of Goldburg shall continue to support this town. We are helping to beautify the Arena, and expand the Town as well.

If any member of Kallahorn becomes Governor, we shall not. We may even consider the leadership as 'hostile', especially if influenced by the likes of Julius and his 'thugs'. Orcs, Bandits and thieves shall roam the streets with impunity, and Trollsbane will fall into chaos again.

I hope the citizens of Trollsbane make the same decision I have and elect Jorokar for Governor.

A friend and ally to the current Government,
~Chester Copperpot
~Chief of Goldburg
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

I agree with being nominated.

I think its urgent to get a bilingual governor. I d be looking forward to be the one.

If I would be elected, I would:

- Ask Taliss to become my follower as Guard Captain.

- Build up a new area/building for doing punishment of criminals. So more beneficial work and less imprisoning would be the goal.

- Stay neutral in all Knighthood questions. No knighthood would be prefered. Everybody would have the possibility to become a citizen, guard recruit..., member of any Knighthood or not. The person would be decisive. Not the knighthood belonging to.
Of course a wanted criminal, so decided from a judge, wouldnt be accepted as a new recruit.

- Write down any official parchments in both languages.

- Try to continue what Governor Fooser started.

I want to thank Altrix. He really knows what it means to be a guard. There will allways be persons feeling treatet unfair. Thats the appointment of a guard, it seems.
I allways tried to act fair, without any prejudices. And of course didnt get just friends with acting like this.
As governor I would try to act the same way. And in this case I have to disagree, Altrix. Before someone tried you cant know for sure if he will do a good job or if he wont.

~A.Y.R.
Guard Captain

Hier schreibe ich es in alter Sprache:

Ich bin einverstanden mit der Nominierung für Governor.

Ich finde es sehr wichtig einen Governor zu besitzen der beide Sprachen spricht.

Ich als Governor würde:

- Taliss fragen, neuer Captain der Wache zu werden.

- EIn neues Gebilde bauen zur Bestrafung von Kriminellen. Weniger eingesperrte im Gefängnis. Mehr Gemeinnützige Arbeit soll das dort werden.

- Neutral gegenüber allen Ritterschft sein.
Egal welche Ritterschft es ist. Es ist egal. Es geht um die Person, nicht um die Gilde der angehört wird. Die Gilde darf kein Grund sein jemanden zu verwehren.

- Alle Aushänge so gut ich es kann in beiden Sprachen verfassen.

- Das was Fooser gestartet hat fortsetzen.

Es ist als Wache nicht immer so leicht. Einer fühl immer als ungerecht behandelt.
Ich versuchte immer alle mit gleichen AUgen zu sehen. So versuche ich auch als Governor, wenn gewählt.
Danke Altrix für das gesagte.
Ob es ein guter Governor ist kann man erst sagen wenn er es versucht hat.

~A.Y.R.
Stadtwache Captain
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I am truly honored by Fooser's and Chester's words.

I have to say the following to the people of Troll's Bane. I initially did not have
even the slightest interest of attempting to run for Governor. In fact, the idea
didn't even pass to my mind at all. It was only the foolishly sent threat that
pushed me to do so. Yes, my life was threatened if I had chosen to run for
Governor. For that reason, I did so, only to challenge the unsigned writer and
perhaps have the chance to confront and deal with them once and for all.

However, the tides have now changed. I have put much thought into this and
seeing the current situation and circumstances, as well as my own ambitions
and hopes, I am now genuinely wishing to rule Troll's Bane, should the
populace desire that.

I, like any other, do have ideas and changes in mind to improve Troll's Bane
and make it a better place for us all. Needless to say I do not see the need
to blurt out my ideas, yet. I do not think I need to prove that my intentions
are good. At least, the good people realize this.

May Zhambra keep a peaceful bond between us.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Juniper Onyx wrote: If any member of Kallahorn becomes Governor, we shall not. We may even consider the leadership as 'hostile', especially if influenced by the likes of Julius and his 'thugs'. Orcs, Bandits and thieves shall roam the streets with impunity, and Trollsbane will fall into chaos again.

I would like to challenge anyone who believes this, to confront me personally, spit in my face, and call me a liar. I would respect such an action far more than the vague, some would call cowardly allusions to my character being expressed in this debate.

I want what is best for Trollsbane and its citizens, nothing more. And i dont see why i should be bullied into leaving a guild just because some people cant escape their own prejudices.

~Colin
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Daelyn wrote:Please explain to me why Kallahorn would threaten one of it's own members? When it comes to Jorokar; I can asure you that the knighthood as a whole is not threatening him, though induviduals may be doing so without the suport of the rest of the knighthood.
I'm no member of such a horrible excuse for a knighthood. They are only bandits and murderers united under the name of a once great order.

~Captain Evan Ross~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yes, it must be our prejudices. You join a group that has wanted criminals, so we are suspicious, it's all our fault of course.

F
Bjarkar Kjartan

Post by Bjarkar Kjartan »

I vote for Amadi Yusuf Randall.

~Bjarkar Kjartan~