The Knighthood Of Gobaith [old]

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Sorry about the delayed reply,
Glad you're interested. Find me or another knight in person - I'm often at the workshop area.

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
The Knights of Gobaith

recent progress

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

Angmor is a new page amoung our ranks. His first language is the old one but speaks new language quite well too. Amaria has been raised to Squire after upholding the code of chivalry flawlessly and doing very well in her trainings. Joxia Doral has also rejoined our ranks where she left off as a Squire.

All the materials for the castle have been gathered and I hope to meet with the building master soon.

Long live the knighthood of Gobaith. Gods continue to grant us with strength to uphold the values and principal that make us who we are.

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Valric has joined our ranks as Page - he is known to me as a noble fighter and I was pleased when we talked and he told me he had interest in joining the KoG.

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Valric
Location: In your home, wondering why you left your stove on..

Post by Valric »

Life is a constant struggle to see how good ye can be, and I plan to do all I can to be of help to the people I serve. I decided to join, knowin' that the squires 'n' knights telling me what to do, and living to serve and protect others, will help me become a better dwarf. I am both honored and humbled to serve with and for the men and women, dwarves and dwarfettes, Lizard folk, little folk, fairy folk, and orcs that hold the virtues of the KoG in their hearts. I thank ye all, for welcoming me into your lives, and I applaud all of ye, for the hard work and dedication ye have shown to yer cause.

Long live the KoG, and long may it stand as a symbol of protection, and a better tommorow for the people of Gobiath.

Valric "Page of The Knights of Gobiath"
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

~A Hawk arrives carrying a dispatch from the field~

Sir Strongarm,

Just reporting that I met Page Johnathon Cain in the cemetary tonight, and together we fought through to the center. He said he has been away a while, and though he does well with daggers, I got him to start learning the mace too.

He seemed to hold well against the skeletons and even a red skeleton, which was a challenge. He is eager to prove himself, and needs to meet with you to continue his training.

In my opinion, he could use some better armor too!

Thought you should know we're out here, Kickin' boney butts!

~Chester Copperpot
Page of Gobaith
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Thank you,
I hope he meets with another knight, squire or myself soon, in order to refresh his training on the other knightly elements if needed. Perhaps this is a good time to re-iterate the importance for Pages being in touch with Squires, and Squires with Knights. Of course many take leaves from the isle and this is to be expected - but if anyone is having a hard time finding someone for training don't hesitate to send a dove.
Sincerely,

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Ayla has requested to return to the KoG. Though I did not get to see her rise the ranks, I have not forgotten my old thoughts that she would one day be a great knight. Pleased that Marescot and the other knights saw felt the same way - I was happy to return her to her former position.

Sincerely,
Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Joxia Doral

KoG

Post by Joxia Doral »

Welcome back Ayla ! I know the knight hood will only see improvement with your return.

Joxia
Joxia Doral

KoG

Post by Joxia Doral »

Page Gorim has passed on to Cherga.
his brother informed me yesterday.
i thought it should be known.

Joxia
The Knights of Gobaith

Thank you for informing the guild Joxia. I did not know him but may the gods rest his soul in peace.

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I am requesting a dove from Mark Strongarm, Joxia, and Altrix on the situation that has occured in Trolls Bane. I understand that Yusuf does not like us and has even betrayed us in the past. However I would still like a dove from the three of you so I can understand why two of our members are banned in Trollsbane. We are not of Kallahorn. We shall fix the mistake and attempt to resolve the ban, but it will help if the situation is explained.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

Thank you three for your quick reply. The situation has been resolved.

Dan
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

It is my pleasure to announce that a good friend, Evan Ross, has been
inducted into the ranks of the Knighthood. As a Page, he has much work
to look forward to but I have faith that he will turn into a worthy Knight.

~ Dame Ayla To'lorn
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

A young man with a lute and a harp on his back pins a letter to the board, before leaving quietly, a familiar black hawk on his shoulder. Sighing he steps out of Trolls Bane, and vanishes in the north...

Honourable Knights,

In the name of my brother Gorim, who has passed over to Cherga, I would like to ask one of you to meet me. I want to find out what actually happened to him, why and how he died.

I guess it is only fair, if I at least receive a letter telling me what he died for. Gorim was always a man with goals and aims, a person with ideals and a strong faith.
I have to accept his death, but I still need to know the circumstances of it.
I will be found in Varshikar, and doves can easily reach me.

Thank you,

Alan Dowland
The Knights of Gobaith

The first phase of the Knighthood's castle is complete. Congradulations to everyone for their hard work that has paid off in the formation of our new Keep.

Sincerely,

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith

p.s.
What are the knighthood's thoughts on taking suggestions for its name from the people of Gobaith, and choosing amoung us the name we best like?

p.p.s.
I have keys for Knights and Squires.
Dantagon Marescot

I'm glad to hear that it has finially been built. Perhaps the best way for us to pass out the keys and decide on a name/the method of, is to hold a meeting there. Soon would be best.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

An odd note is pinned to the board, it looks as if who ever wrote it is a poor draughtsmen, as it is barely ledgable

Bramble Keep
Fort Golden Cloth
The Silver Tower
Watch of the Gilded Lilly
Velvet Glove Hall
The Vanacelum
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

A man walks by the keep with a faint smirk as he steps forward to get a closer look at it's design. Upon seeing the above message a wide smile crosses his face and a small chuckle suppresses him. He adds another name to the list quickly before walking off, another shrill ring of laughter escaping him.

Castle Strongleg
Valric

Post by Valric »

Eltreon flips through several pages of his book, his gnomish brain and quick eyes allowing him to read faster than most, it was a quiet day in the library, it was always quiet, and like any gnome running a library, he preferred it that way. He takes a moment to sip from a goblet of wine..

*Valric enters the library, gazing around the lower level with new eyes, he spots the Gnome and greets him with a a hearty, "Arrr! Good day to ye!"*

Eltreon sprays wine across the floor, unready for the sudden shock of seeing a fully armored dwarf marching into the library. The -LIBRARY- of all places.. Didn't dwarves live in mines and fight in taverns? what was a dwarf doing here?! "Oh..ehm..yes! good day, you are here why? A meeting? There must be a meeting.. Head upstairs then and enjoy your meeting!" He looks down with sadness at the spilt wine, he kneels and begins to clean the floor..

*Valric has no idea whats gotten the little gnome so worked up.. "Well, I'll just be over here readin' then.." He walks towards the shelf with texts on religions, cultures, and celebrations. before selecting a thick volume on Zhambra. He has a pained look in his eyes, "I have to read all of this?" "This is madness.." He shakes his head, "No I want to do this, so I don't turn into Amadi and just assume I know whats best despite the circumstances.."*

Eltreon can not believe it. A dwarf that must not follow the traditional religion reading a book about gods..Dwarves usually knew everything important about Irmorom and Malachin and Ushara.. didn't they? This Dwarf seemed to talk to himself as well.. perfect a crazy armored dwarf reading in the library.. Eltreon's worry-free day evaporated in smoke.
Valric

Post by Valric »

*valric takes a moment to post on the board*

I've been studying Mark, But I don't think the gnome in the library likes me very much, so I took several books with me and read them in the tavern. I can't wait to get back to training, and I am almost ready for any test on gods or towns that can be made!

Tired but working very hard,

~Valric~
Valric

Post by Valric »

Possible names?

Stone-watch Keep
Talon-gaurd Keep
Defenders Keep
KoG Keep

Heroes Watch
Valors Watch

Courage Castle
Gobiath Castle
Ironhold Castle

Ironburg Fortress
Fortress of the Five
Foehammer Fortress

The White Refuge

The Citadel of (exciting word here)

I have hundreds of these, if any catch your eye I can give you more like them.

~Valric~
Last edited by Valric on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I was liking (charactaristic word or words here) Stronghold - but perhaps Castle is best. Please let me know if you think its a good idea to request suggestions from the public.

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Dain's Castle. It will mean power and strength to those that enter it.

~unsigned~
Dantagon Marescot

Unsigned and mocking names will not be accepted. This vote is not yet open to the public, so unless you are a member, please do not waste all of our time.

Dan

P.S.

Toying with some of the idea's that Valric had, Ironhold Keep might make for a good name. Though I think we need to gather a few more real suggestions first.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I think Dain's Castle is also a good name.

~Squire Taliss Kazzxs
Dantagon Marescot

I think Taliss left the isle a while ago. So get off our walls Dain or whomever else of his friends might make these comments. We are not interested in your musings.

Ayla and I discussed it over and the thought of Silverstone Keep as one of our suggestions. However I would be interested to hear more VALID names that do not include someone's name in it, but rather a name for our new home.

Also, Ayla and I request a meeting with Mark as there is much knight buisness that must be discussed.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

So much for guessing. It was I that made that message.

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Hmm....how about...

Vanguard Keep

Eisen-Guard

Ironburg, Eisenburg

Golem-Bane

Copper Gate

~Chester Copperpot
Page of Gobaith
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

So, my house has finally been built then?

~Dominic
Dantagon Marescot

((Okay, that is it. I have asked ic for you all to stop. Now I will ask ooc and repeat what we have writen on the FIRST PAGE.
(( Please avoid useless posts and spam ))
))