The Knighthood Of Gobaith [old]

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

What do you mean, granted? We're not under foreign reign and we have no monarch for our island. If people want to be vigilantes for justice and peace, who's going to stop them?

~W.E~
Borine

Post by Borine »

Me!

-unsigned-
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

A guild has requested that a key be returned to them and the false selling of their guild hall be stopped. I do not see how helping them suddenly makes us a police force. Assistance was requested and we will do what we can to help.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

AlexRose wrote:What do you mean, granted? We're not under foreign reign and we have no monarch for our island. If people want to be vigilantes for justice and peace, who's going to stop them?

~W.E~
Hello,

I've spent some time in the Library (( fansites/wikipedia/main page )) and have read about a certain Emperor that governs Illarion?

Or did I misunderstand these books?
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Nay, you did not, young one. But these emperors, kings, whomever do not rule here on Gobaith. Besides, if they even tried I am sure the lowest man would spit on them immeditately as it seems titles must be earned here, not stated.

Sir Dantagon Marescot

((In the future please try to sign your characters name. In more serious discussions characters will dismiss your posts because they are unsigned. Welcome to Illarion ;) ))
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Fooser was a self proclaimed Emperor and noone actually considered him to have that position officially, they just humoured him.

~W.E~
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Also, just to make a point, what is the job of a knight? It is to promote peace throughout the land. If we didn't help out these people, that would essentially be not doing our job. And as for throughout the Gobaith, if we did not intend to be help all the people everywhere on Gobaith, we would not call ourselves the Knights OF GOBAITH.

Signed,
Altrix,
page of the knights of gobaith
lieutenant of the guard of trollsbane
The Knights of Gobaith

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

Sir Mark Strongarm, former member of the original Kallahorn and my mentor, has joined the Knights of Gobaith after a long time abroad. He is a good man and has done good work in the past and I expect that he will continue to do so.

The grandmaster position has expired. The knighthood is too young and unable to create a council to keep the grandmaster in check. For now the knights will work together.

Also, since Jorokar become govenor the weekly meetings seem to have stopped. As I am a tad occupied with various other duties, would anyone be interested in organizing meetings? If this is unable to happen, I suggest that members are to send doves to knights or fellow members to train, study, and learn.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Gorim von Bragona

Post by Gorim von Bragona »

Page Gorim von Bragona wants to officially tell the Knights hereby that he feels recovered enough to rejoin trainings and meetings, and to receive tasks. He will stay in Bane most of the next weeks, to gain back his physical strength, and he apologizes for his absence, that took him away from the Knighthood's activities for over five weeks.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Greetings fellow page, squire and knights.
It's with great pleasure that I join you and I look forward to working with you again Dan, Amroth.
As Dan said, my services are here for the members of the knighthood and, while I'm not sure regular meetings would be possible perhaps through the use of mail, several of us can get together simultaneously.
I hope to meet with you all soon to discuss our training and ambitions or whatever else. In the meantime feel free to send me messages.
Long live the knighthood of Gobiath

Mark Stongarm
Knight of Gobiath
Illarion

Post by Illarion »

Greetings,

Sorry for my absence with no reason. I was away on personal business that happened so suddenly I had no chance to leave a message. I hope you can forgive me but I am back once more and am returned to help. It is good to be home.

Sincerely,
Arthur Mordhelm
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Welcome back,
Mark.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I wanted to write up something small regarding things I will be doing to be a good knight and leader for the KoG.

I encourage members to please come and discuss how they are managing with the aims of the knighthood. I’d like to learn how different members are taking these aims upon themselves and which aspects of our code of chivalry you have preference towards.

Back in the days of the original Kallahorn Sir Marescott and I were discussing the changes we felt could benefit the knighthood. In his creation of the Knigthood of Gobiath I am pleased to see he how well he has implemented the notion that each member is unique and has different philosophy and style. This is perfectly illustrated by the individual coat of arms of each knight (in combination with the more general coat to encompass the entire Knighthood of Gobiath). With this in mind – a couple of things I may do a bit differently include –
-I try to honor all the gods equally – without special preference to Malachin, Zambra and Siriani
-I may also place more emphasis on training in combat than the other knights.

I hope to hear your ideas on how we can continue to improve the knighthood, strengthen the bond within, execute our aims and uphold our codes.
For those who I know less than Amroth and Dantagon, I also hope to earn your trust and friendship as we all continue work together in the knighthood of Gobiath.

Members feedback is encouraged,

Mark Strongarm
Knight Of Gobiath
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

My feeling is that having your own seperate ways and ideals is all well and good, but with every knight going of to do his own thing we become.. well hardly a knighthood. It is my view that we need to find ways to become closer as a group - strengthen our common bonds. For many, i feel being part of this order is merely a way to gain a title before their first name.

~Gregory Hardcast
K.O.G
Albarian Household Knight.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I agree Gregory - and I hope you didn't take me the wrong way in trying to demonstrate some of the few unique things I am hopping to offer. For the most part (if not in entirety) I feel my values are congruent with those of the knighthood. But your point is a valid one to say the least. Any ideas on how to strengthen these bonds, encourage unity and/or ways to improve integrety (if thats what you mean by feeling of serving for a title)
please elaborate,
Mark Strongarm
Knight of Kallahorn
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

Sir Strongarm..

Im no expert on these things, but regular activities like training or sport should be done with other members if possible. Due to lack of time, it seems meetings are unavailable.. but i feel that they help things greatly. Newer members should be given tasks from time to time.. missions if you like, where they must work togethor (and be given something to do). I am not criticising the way things currently work, merely offering suggestions.

~Gregory Hardcast.
Illarion

Post by Illarion »

I find the hardest problem is getting in touch with fellow members of the Knighthood. Not just for discussing ideas or meetings, but even just to ask a question or say hello after not seeing each other for a while. We seem to be very fragmented. We need to set up a better system of communication even if we are not in sight of each other.

As for me I worship Malachin solely. I am heavily into training myself to help defend those who can not and to help train others who wish to better themselves.

~Arthur Mordhelm~
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

A little 'constructive' criticism never hurt Gregory - and I think your ideas have merit - I particularily like the idea of the tasks, and I will think something up for you :)
As for the training sessions, I will continue to extend invitation to you when I go, and hopefully our schedules will allow it soon.

Arthur,
I'm glad you have been training vigorously - we will have to meet soon. Send me a dove if you don't see me around and we can schedule meeting arrangements. Any other suggestions are welcome,

Thanks
Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobiath
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

~This parchment is left blank.. ~
Last edited by Julius on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

((this was in prior reply to the previous post - edited also to blank parchment))
Last edited by Mark Strongarm on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Knights of Gobaith

Welcome back, Arthur. I shall re-add you to the list.

Dan
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

The note has been torn down and reposted

Dan and I have inducted Xera as a page of Gobaith, please offer him your support.

Mark Strongarm

ps. I am very sorry for the typos - both to vynas and Xera - very silly mistakes on my behalf I will be more careful when making my posts here-in.

Sincerly
Mark Strongarm
Gorim von Bragona

Post by Gorim von Bragona »

((http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=27823))

Dear brothers in arms,

just in case you might miss me, I am hunting in the skeleton woods, in the south. It could take about a week.

good day, Gorim von Bragona
Mark Strongarm

Raising to Squire

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I have promoted Altrix to squire. Pages should seek him for assistance and guidance in their duties. I haven't known Altrix long but Sir Marescott has written to me that this promotion is overdue, due to his busy schedule. I wish you luck Altrix and look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,
Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Mark Strongarm

Inductment of Page

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Amaria has been inducted as page. I know Amaria personally and have confidence she will be a beneficial addition to our guild. Please welcome her.

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Christmas

Post by Christmas »

Welcome Amaria,

It is an honor to have you join our evergrowing ranks.

Xera Scatil
Mark Strongarm

Inductment of Page

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I have made Chester Copperpot a page of Gobaith. You may know him as the founder of C.O.W.S. and leader of Goldberg. He has already helped the knighthood a great deal in providing a large amount of iron to the knighthood at a great price. Because of this any of you can come to me for cheap weapons and armor (or ingots if there are any other accomplished smiths in the guild I don't know about). He has demonstrated he wishes to learn the ways to becomming a knight and has sworn to uphold our code of chivalry. Please welcome him with high respect.

Sincerely,
Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Aye, Thank ye all,

I wish to say that I look forward to becoming a better dwarf. I have been a smith most of my life, and the customs of hardworkin' dwarves seem 'obscene' to those of noble birth. I ne'er cared before, however now I am a 'chief' with great responsibility an' meetin' people who literally look 'down their noses' at me for the way I act. We Dwarves view such things differently, courtly conduct an' behavior passed down from King to Coutiers. Smiths almost never are taught, nor need such things. However, I am in a unique position of having no 'mentor' in such things within Goldburg.

I need to learn yer 'code of Chivalry' and apply it as best as I can to become more 'acceptable' as accordin' my new position here. I ask fer Guidance, friendly correction an' comraderie in combat as I learn this new 'Noble' way of Life. This is my quest an' responsibility to my friends who 'look up' to me. I don't want to let them down and will do good service to it.

Thank ye,
~Chester Copperpot
Chief of Goldburg
Steward of the "Axe of Irmorom"
Page of the "Knighthood of Gobaith"
The Knights of Gobaith

Inductment of Page

I have inducted yet another page - Page Xiseras. We are truelly blessed with so many people who believe in the potential of the Knighthood of Gobaith. It is for all of you that we are what we are. Gods let us be a positive force in our home of Gobaith.

Sincerely,

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

Knights of Gobiath

I would like to talk to one of you
concerning my wish to join your
ranks.

~Angmor Gendalin