The Knighthood Of Gobaith [old]

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

I leave the knighthood.

~Angmor Gendalin
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Page Domenic has joined the knighthood. He has a strong will and a good heart. I believe he will make a fine addition to the knighthood.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

The knighting of Amaria shall take place on ((Saturday, Jan. 17th)) at ((3:00pm Est)). This knighting shall take place in our keep and is invitation only. This means that all members of the knighthood are invited and are allowed one guest except for Amaria who shall be given three so that friends of hers are allowed to attend. You must RSVP by dove by ((the 10th)) so that we have a proper head count for Olive who shall be providing the meal for the party afterwards.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

I would like to annouce the start of what is hopefully frequent meetings. I ask all knighthood members to attend meetings on ((Fridays at 4pm est/10pm GMT+1)) at the castle. There is no set itinerary for what is to happen, just that I wish for everyone to attend if possible. Hopefully any information that needs to get out can be done so immedialy and then we can all then split into our own little groups. Some may sit and chat, knights and squires may teach, or a group can even go out and do a map or two.

Please attend. There should be beer.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

The meeting begins in 15 minutes.

Dan
Dantagon Marescot

I would like to thank all those who did show up (even if it wasn't on time) for the meeting. Nothing truely important happened, we mostly sat and chatted, but I believe that is a good thing for members of a group to do once in a while.

Being as I got a few doves from people who could not attend I have decided to make the meetings two times a week instead. You don't have to show up to both, but you'll have the chance to meet more people if you do. Meetings will now take place on ((Wendsday and Friday at 4pm est (aka, 10pm GMT +1)). I hope a good amount of you can come.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

Due to the current situation, the meeting will be held in Goldburg. But I hope most of you are there so it shouldn't matter to begin with.

Dan
Dantagon Marescot

The upcoming meeting shall also take place at Goldburg. Amaria's knighting ceremony will still take place at Stoneridge unless otherwise noted. The time however has changed to ((6pm est, aka midnight GMT +1)). However the after celebration shall take place in Goldburg as I believe everyone there is in need of a moral booster.

Dan
Dantagon Marescot

I thank everyone who attended the knighting. And to those who didn't, do not fear, hopefully there will be others, maybe even yours in the future. Now that Dame Amaria can be around when I am not, things should start to move a bit faster around here. You can speak to her if you have a problem, she can administer tests, swear in pages, and even give you a promotion so long as it is agreed upon by the two of us.

For the glory of Gobaith!

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon

((OOC: I may be late or unable to attend Friday meetings due to class. Let me know if this turns out to be a bad time for people, it can be reschedualed. And please let me know by means not using this thread.))
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Greetings fellow members of the knighthood.

I write this letter with mixed feelings, yet I am sure I do what is right.

Ever since I joined the knighthood I have tried my best to work hard and fulfill my duties. I know my duties as page first of all is to do the tasks I get from squires and knights and to learn about the island.

This I have done. What might be noted is that I have not got even a handful of tasks to fulfill from our knighthood and therefore I have used that time to fight the evil - both to become a better fighter to be able to stand up against the evil if needed but also to try to weaken the evil - both by killing it but also to get money and resources from the evil in order to spend it for a good cause.

When it comes to studying the island and the Gods I have tried to talk with people as much as possible and also tried to understand what the different settlements on the island work like. This have been a lot to take in and is nothing I could learn right away.

Lately when I was told to focus more on learning and less in my other duties I listened to you and started to focus in that and also learned a lot - but not much more than before since I, as many other, have a limit of how much I can take in every day. As paladin in the church I had some other duties as well though and therefore I fought the evil about once a dwarfen week - something I think is reasonable considering I am a warrior who have been training combat all my life. When I met one of the members in the knighthood under the graveyard you came to the conclusion that I did not study enough - my version was not even considered.

I the knighthood I feel that whatever I have said and whatever I have done you have decided that I am a brute who only think of fighting. Believe it or not, but at least back at the mainland I am known as a man of my word and I believe I am a man of my word on this island as well. I simply tell the truth - just as the chivalric code say one should do. Every time we discuss what I have done you ask what I do except training and imply that I only fight and need to find a hobby like smithing or something. You also tell me that I need to learn to solve conflicts without using my sword - and as far as I know I have never fought anyone unless really neccessary. But yes I fight the evil under the graveyard but you can try to fight the evil down there with words...

I leave this open for everyone who reads this to send a letter to any of my superiors in the knighthood to tell them about if I have been acting like a brute using the sword instead of trying to solve the problem with words. If I have been too brutal and quick to raise my sword then let the knighthood know of it and tell them that they have had the correct picture of me. If not - maybe the letters will make them understand that they maybe have had the wrongd picture of me.

My main reason why I have decided to leave the knighthood is that many in the knighthood don't seem to trust my words or even respect what I say. What kind of knighthood is that if one of the members cannot be trusted? I have also been told I debate and talk too much and that I am just like Julius because I try to find loopholes. I do like debating since that is the way one solve conflicts and disagreements best. And when it comes to loopholes I believe that orders must be clear and don't make much room of space to interpret the order differently if you really want to be sure the order will be done exactly as you wish.

When I joined the knighthood I could never think that I would be considered a a liar without any good reasons and that I would be punished just because I worked hard and concentrated. I have been told I need to study more - how can these person now that I don't study as hard as I can already? Some people can study all day and learn all the time - some people can only learn for a while until he need to do something else. If that person continue studying nothing more will be taught and the time is a waste of time.

I am looked upon as a person who don't listen, refuse to obey orders, and only think of fighting. Nothing could be more wrong according to me but if my superiors think I am like that then I am sure they will not miss me in the knighthood. What separates me from many others in the knighthood is that fight and study more and have less time for my own. That is a choice I have done in order to be as prepared as possible before I start to get myself other duties such as family. My way of hard work is clearly not accepted and it seems as one criteria to become an accepted member of the knighthood is to not work too hard with the knightly duties but to concentrate much more in hobbies.

There is no secret for you in the knighthood that I want a more strict view of the knighthood and that is because I believe we have too important responsibilites to take the duties less serious. This is how I feel and I understand if others don't agree in this stricter view of the knighthood but I can't understand how I can be punished for this as I now have been.

What I wanted to come to with this letter is that I hereby leave the knighthood and concentrate in my duties as paladin of Zhambra where fighting evil actually is appriciated and where I don't get punished for hard work. Your punishment have not only punished me, but friends of mine who I promised to support with rabbit meat. I have been dissappointed many times before in the knighthood but this last punishment was too unjoust according to me that I can't stand up for the knighthood any more and I therefore will leave the knighthood.

I might come back someday - sooner or later, but I am far from sure of that.

I will not debate anything around this - I only state my view and I am sure you have a completely different view that won't be changed so there is no real point of debating anyway.

Signed,
Paladin Frederick Hawkmoon of Zhambra.
Amaria

Post by Amaria »

To all pages and squires:

The Knighthood is planning to host an event soon. I need to be told by each of you, whether by dove or in person, what date would best fit your schedule. Please speak to me within the next dwarven week, the details on this event will be released once I know a date.

~Dame Amaria of Gobaith
Dantagon Marescot

Alright, Frederick, you can hunt rabbits. I am going to get you your test at the next meeting, I already told you that. I have also told you a good many a times that you are a great page, but once again you miss that point. I suggest you think before you resign and meet me in person. Until then, you are not dismissed from the knighthood.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

I will meet you Sir Dantagon Marescot, and for now I can actually hunt rabbits AND undead if I want to since I am no member of the knighthood for the moment. I would never leave the knighthood I had sworn myself into unless I didn't feel like that the codes the knighthood states as the foundation of the knighthood is not even nearly uphold according to me.

Yes you have said a couple of times that I am a great page. But at the same time you have told me that I am to quick to use my sword and need to learn to solve conflicts without the use of the sword, that I study to little, need to find other things to do than my duties, that I don't listen to your orders, debate too much, and have treated me as a liar when you didn't believe what I say...

Sounds pretty much like the opposite of a good page to me, don't you think that as well?

If I had been a great page then I would say you would have trusted my words when I told you that I was studying and that I did other things than fighting the evil. You should have listened to what I had to say without interrupting me and then tell me I am no good listener when I didn't like to be interrupted when I tried to tell you something. You should not tell me that it is like talking to a wall when speaking to me when I try t tell you over and over again that what you tell me that I do is not correct. After all - what would you do if someone told you that you did something that you don't do?

Instead of telling me that I don't study and only fight the evil all the time when I say I am doing both of it, you could at least have given me the chance to prove my version and ask "So, when do you think you are ready for the test then?". I could then have told you that I intended to be ready for the test in for about three dwarfen days ago instead of you just being convinced I did not study at all and punish me by banning me from all kind of training and fighting and releasing me from my duties in the church and the duties for a friend of mine as if I as some kind of criminal with no rights at all.

I mean, some of you have tested my knowledge lately and as far as I know I have been able to answer these questions pretty much correct. Don't you think that should be considered when deciding whether I do study or not?

I was a member of the knighthood until some days ago, yes, but I am also a Salkamarian knight from the mainland. As a member of a knighthood I expect to treat all my fellow members with respect, but I also expect respect back. I have not been treated with respect. In fact I have never been treated this disrespectful. Being treated as a liar is something that I think is among the worst ways of being treated and together with the fact that my opinions were pretty much a mocking object for a while made it even worse.

Yes, I am young and inexperienced but I know how to treat people I believe and I also know what kind of treatment I should expect back.

I can not help feeling like I have been treated very unfair in many situations and as I feel now I will do a much better work in the free role of a paladin.

But we sure can talk about this as I state in the beginning of the letter - and the test is something I am ready for any day to prove you are wrong about me.

Signed,
High Lord Frederick Hawkmoon of Zhambra.
Dantagon Marescot

You swore an oath, Page Frederick Hawkmoon. I do not merely dismiss anyone from the knighthood without meeting them in person first to discuss the problems. Your letters are too long and I can not stand to read them all the way through. Come speak to me in person, you are still a member of the knighthood until you are dismissed from it.

If there are problems the knighthood or with knighthood policys, come to me before you make these long letters of misunderstandings.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Sir Dantagon Marescot.. Now I am even more disappointed in you and the Knighthood. You want me to learn how to listen and can't even read my letter I posted on the walls of the Knighthood?

I was swoarn in as a page by Sir Mark Armstrong who had promised me to get trained once I joined as a page. I have barely got any training from the knighthood and what training I have had is training I have basicly had to beg for. I even had to ask around a lot to even know what I should study!

What I swoar is something you as a knight should know. The page oath I swoar was this:

"Do you swear to uphold the principals and virtues of the knighthood of Gobaith as stated within the Code of chivalry?"

Can you see anything there that gives you the power to force me into staying in the knighthood? I can't. So as you can see - I am actually free to leave - just as many Pages, Squires and Knights have done before me.

And is this really a knighthood where people who loose their will to be a member is forced into staying, then I am even more sure the knighthood is nothing for me.

I spoke with you a while ago and you claim that I am too quick to use my sword and took the example with the girl Mellen in the Eldan Monastary.

She threatened to kill both me and the priest, she was talking like a crazy person when I was trying to talk with her, she attacked me with a poisoned dagger while I was covering the priests retreat via the only door in the room. What else could I have done? If it had not been a poisoned dagger it would have been a different story though... I have reported myself to the guards though and will let them decide if I should have acted in any other way.

Signed,
Frederick Hawkmoon
Dantagon Marescot

I didn't once tell you that you were too quick to use your sword. I didn't once tell you to report yourself to the guards, and I didn't once tell you it was wrong to defend the priest. If anything you are quick to miss understand my words. And yes, I can force you to stay as we haven't finished discussing. And you swore to remain loyal to your knight and your squire until you become a knight.

Please stop writing all these messages. At least this one was shorter than the last and made some sence. We will meet in person again, end of discussion, Page Hawkmoon.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

The knighthood meeting starts in ((5 minutes)).

Dan
Dantagon Marescot

Knighthood meeting

Discussed:

-How to recruit pages
--Tasks to give pages
---Resources
-Meetings
--Mandatory meetings weekly unless good reason
---Create demerits and punishments for those who do not attend
-New knight system
--Four groups of knights controlling various needs of the knighthood
---Knight Marshal (Dame Ayla To'lorn)
----Has access to the armory and is in charge of training sessions
---Knight Consul (Dame Amaria)
----Is in charge of foreign relations and diplomacy
---Knight Herald (Sir Dantagon Marescot)
----Helps squires create their coat of arms and documents the happenings within the knighthood
---Knight Chamberlain (Dame Ayla To'Lorn (temporary))
----Keeps track of resources and money
---Knight-at-arms
----Does not have a position in any group and is deciding which to fill
---Elder Knight _________
----Head knight of a certain group
-Squire
--Squires must be squired to a knight who will primarily train them. These squires must then take on pages to teach. They must report their progress to their knight.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

I demand an immediate dove from Chester with an explination over the current situation with the lizards I have heard about.

Dan
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I discussed all about it during the meeting.
1) They (Ssarri) attacked me once, and I threw a Lizard Baby out the window.
2) They (Ssari, Pouiy and 2 mages) attacked me again, and then I killed their High Priest (Tlatloc), and ambushed another Lizard (Ssar'ney) in the dungeon.
3) Now I hear they wish to attack me yet again.

Oh well, It's a personal war they cannot win. There's really not more to say. This all happened before rejoining the Knighthood, and I gave my word I shall stay my hand against them, but I must say...

I pity the poor bastards if they attack me again. Who knows what will happen next. One Lizard looks the same as another to me.

~Page Copperpot
Dantagon Marescot

I said to send it by dove.

Dan
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

I have now waited 15 dwarfen minutes for the meeting to start but noone have arrived here...

Would be nice to know if meetings are cancelled...

Signed,
Frederick Hawkmoon.
Amaria

Post by Amaria »

MEETINGS

As you all know for the past few dwarven weeks we have had meetings every ((Wednesday and Friday at 4:00.)) However, due to scheduling issues the ((Friday)) meeting has been rescheduled to:

((Mondays at 6:30))

Don't forget to attend these bi-weekly meetings.

~Dame Amaria
The Knights of Gobaith

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

I have made a few minor updates to the list in the matter of what people are training to become. If your name is under the unknown list, I would like a dove stating which position interests you, I have yet to update what each rank means, but the notes from a former meeting are somewhere under this mess of parchment. It is in your benefit to join a group under a knight inorder to rise through the ranks.

At the meeting on ((Wendsday)) we discussed an up and coming contract with the town of Trolls Bane. This contract will allow us to enforce the law and better protect the citizens. During the discussion of this contract the knighthood discussed the two possible captains in Trolls Bane and have decided to support our brother in arms, Altrix, in his seeking to better lead the guard of Trolls Bane as captain.

Also, I need to speak to the current knights on the subject of squires, current and upcoming.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

Reminder:

This is just a quick reminder to all members that a meeting will be starting in
a dwarven hour at the Castle. I would like for everyone possible to attend,
thank you.

- Ayla To'lorn
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

Everyone

My deepest apologies, as it seems to have slipped my mind yet again to
post a reminder. I wish to remind everyone that today's meeting will be
canceled because of my inability to attend and run it. Again, I
apologize greatly and I wish to remind everyone that there WILL be another
meeting on ((Wednesday))

Thank you and may everyone be safe.
- Ayla To'lorn
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Regretfully I am resigning from KoG. I have been approved to run another term as Archduchess of Trolls Bane and this one could possibly last as long as 6 dwarven months. I feel my duties to the town do not allow me give proper attention to the knighthood. I still give my support to the guild.

Thank you,
~-~Archduchess Joxia Doral~-~
Dantagon Marescot

I will be late for the meeting. I suggest that a training session be held in my absence or that another knight should attend to get buisness out of the way.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

A reminder, since it seems to be in need. We WILL be meeting, like every dwarven week, at ((4pm est, 10 gmt-1 Wendsday)). I grow tired of the same one or two people showing up. I would like to do maps, hold practices, give tasks, and teach at these meetings, but none of it can be done if you, those who promised to train until your attainment of knighthood do not show up.

On the brighter side of the shield, the building master has finally approved of our expansion of the castle and has sent us the list of required materials. I hope that everyone who can show up tonight will help go through what we have so tasks can be dolled out to the pages and squires for the remaining items. Pease bring items that exist on the list that follows:
Silver 1672
Boards of Apple 155
Boards of Cherry 75
Nadelholzbretter 100
Boards of Naldor 80
Naldor logs 240
Iron ingots 60
Stone Blocks 7100
Bricks 200
Coarse Sand 2930
Hammer 799
Saw 16
Chisel 1
Bucket 142
Shovel 71
Pick-axe 24
Wooden Shovel 1
Tong 1
glassblowing pipe 1
Plane 1
Carving tool 1
Kiln dumper 1
Rolling Pin 1
Pins 165
Pins and Cutters 70
White Cloth 20
Blue Cloth 20
Wool 40
Thread 50
Long handles 3
Straw 100
Silversteel 1
Visor helmet 1
Steel greaves 1
Steel gloves 1
Steel boots 1
Two-handed swords 1
Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Dantagon Marescot

A reminder to all knighthood members. In the conflict of Trolls Bane and Silverbrand we consider ourselves and all of our members to be neutral. Again we shall attempt to resolve the conflict and protect the innocent citizens of both sides should they so ask for it.

Also, being as we have officially declared neutrality, this means that all of our members shall remain neutral and shall not take a side in the conflict. Thoses who take sides shall be given one chance to remove their affiliations from either side. If they so refuse, then their association to the knighthood shall be momentarily revoked.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon