The Knighthood Of Gobaith [old]

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alber G

Post by Alber G »

I hereby officially resign from the knighthood.

Signed

Alber or Liam, whichever you might prefer.
The Knights of Gobaith

OOC

Post by The Knights of Gobaith »

((Agreed, anything that the knights would consider vandalism or would want to tear off from our portion of the forum - please follow the rules on the first page and stop spamming our board

PO Mark Strongarm))
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Frederick Hawkmoon has been inducted to our Knighthood as Page, and has thus far shown good, positive enthusiasm to his commitment. Long live the Knighthood of Gobaith!

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Tyr Thane has been inducted to the knighthood as Page. He had many good questions about the knighthood before joining. May the gods be with us as we forge ahead along the path of chivalry.

To all the members of the knighthood, I'd like to extend thanks and acknoledgment. Every member is contributing to the strength and integrety I feel has embodied this knighthood of late. I'm honored to work alongside all of you.

Thanks again
Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

To all Pages and Squires,

I have been mulling over the idea for a while now and I feel it is time to
act on my musings. Starting as soon as possible, I will begin drawing all
of you into classes to begin teaching lessons that have been forgotten in
the training of would-be Knights for a while now. It should be known by
all that we Knights do not only embrace power in body and weapon, but
in mind as well. Due to this, it is time I gather all of you to begin working
on subjects of academic level, from history to religion and beyond.

What I need is for all Pages and Squires to send a dove my way with an
idea of what times you would be able to attend. This general idea will let
me know how many times and when I should bring classes together.

Thank you and may the Five guide you all
~ Lady Ayla To'lorn
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I have inducted Uemalyr as a Page. He hasn't been on Gobaith long, but has adapted at a notable pace.

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I hereby resign from the Knighthood of Gobaith. I have had a rather large disagreement with a member and to save some harsh language and embarrassment I well remove myself from the Knighthood.

~Ex-Page Evan Ross~
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Evan,

We all have had our disagreements with others. I would be glad to sit down with both of you so it can be worked out between both of you. You have potential, and we would hate to lose you because of a disagreement.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Sir Marescot,
Perhaps I appreciate the offer, and perhaps in the future we shall all sit down and talk this over. But not at the moment. For now, I'll wait to see what the other person does. That shall decide when and if we talk about it.

~Ex-Page Evan Ross~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I would like to request a meeting with Sir Dantagon and Lady To'lorn as soon as possible.

~Evan Ross~
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

I would also like to have a meeting with Dantagon as soon as possible.

Signed

Liam Heneghan
Dantagon Marescot

Now that the elections in Trolls Bane are over I have decided that this is the proper time to annouce this. Sir Jorokar Sladrir has been henceforth suspended from his duties as knight. His actions over the past year have proved unsatisfactory in both the eyes of the knights and the people of the isle.

Jorokar has one dwarven month to prove that he can and will uphold knightly values. In that time he will hold no standing within the knighthood and will be unable to add pages to the knighthood.

Best of luck with you Jorokar. May the fires of Bragon light your heart so that you may find what made you a knight.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon

((I don't want a single spamming responce to this. Please!))
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I've inducted Ryan Grey and Dellakim Thornbrae into the knighthood. I realize we have a large growing rank of Pages and only a steady amount of Knights and Squires for the time being. For this reason I encourage Pages to adress any questions they might feel they don't have the opportunity to ask, to me or another knight or a squire by dove. Furthermore, in addition to seeking an uderstanding of what the knighthood looks for you to be doing in your training and services, I would like you to try and help each other.

These are some of the accomodations I could think of so that I donot have to turn anyone down who I feel has potential to be an asset to the knighthood. In time I hope there will be more squires and more knights and things we will continue to grow and prosper.

Thank you all for your continued support, keep up the good work. Long live the Knighthood of Gobaith!

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Dearest Knights, Squires and Pages alike,

After this long time that I've been dormant in my duties, I finally bring forward tidings on my own behalf. Tidings that perhaps, most of you would have hoped not to hear, but some of you knew it was only a matter of time. You should know as well that I neither approach here to write this letter with joy and delight, nor do I write with indifference.

As a knight, I have genuinely worked and fought to uphold the Code of Chivalry, to develop the Knighthood's bonds and to achieve a better land to the people. I've tried to find knowledge in prayer, and be guided by the Gods. I determinedly brought a reform to the Knighthood, in hopes for improvement and a more rigid structure. I've put dedication in the works, but my goals were eventually interrupted by the unexpected event in Troll's Bane, having me as a Governor.

I admit to have made a few mistakes, and I have also let down many people, those beloved, those companion knights, and those who respected me. Disagreements and conflicts continuously arose, and I could not bear the weight. Eventually I lost what I believed in. I failed my path as a Knight, amongst others. I do not - at least yet - intend to continue my fruitless struggle to return on that path.

Sir Mark Strongarm very well replaces my position, and he amongst the other Knights, especially Sir Dantagon Marescot, do excellent work to keep the Knighthood firm and strong. I might also add that the recently built castle is a magnificent construction and a valuable step for the Order. I've only had the honor of enjoying the beautiful sight from outside, but that suffices.

My loyalty towards the Knights of Gobaith shall always remain, and never will it lessen. My duties as a Knight, however, will end with this letter. I ask for one favour, and that is for me not to be remembered by my last failures, but by the efforts and dedication I've put in the Knighthood.

May the Knighthood remain solid and unyielding as ever.

With sincerest regards,
~ Jorokar Sladrir
Dantagon Marescot

You will be sorely missed, Jorokar. I hope that one day you will rediscover what made you a knight in the first place and embrace it. Good luck on your path, Jorokar. May Bragon light it well for you.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I guess Dan's been too busy so I'll notify you all that he has raised Jonathan Cain to Squire during a 'pick-up' meeting that was held a few days ago. For anyone who missed the meeting feel free to ask any members who were there what went on. Those who were around were myself, Sir Dan, Squire Altrix, Squire Jon, Page Ryan and Page Frederick.

Congradulations again Jon,

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Joxia Doral

KoG

Post by Joxia Doral »

I am wondering why I was not told about this meeting ahead of time.

Squire Joxia Doral
Dantagon Marescot

Because we have found it easiest to have impromptu meetings when a good amount of us are around. It is too difficult to schedual a meeting because there is no way of knowing if people will show up.

Dan
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Thats why I called it a 'pick-up' meeting (to clarify).

Mark
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

~An elderly dwarf stops by the castle and reads the parchments. He groans as he reads about the 'impromptu' meetings.~

"I'll never become a squire!" he says.

~Walks along the road to the desert, shaking his head and talking to himself.~

"Maybe next year, maybe never..." as he and the Mule munch on some apples.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

To popular demand I'm shooting out the idea of having a scheduled meeting in a month and a half ((2 weeks)). It's not manditory to atend and I can't even say for sure that I can attend, but I thought giving an organized guild meeting a try might not hurt.

The date would be as follows:
((Sunday Oct 26th - 2pm))

Either way I would like to have another 'pick-up' meeting soon. Though it wasn't long since the last one I feel there's much to discuss.

Mark Strongarm
Joxia Doral

KoG

Post by Joxia Doral »

One of my Grovestriders, Ram Griskalle, while making regular rounds today heard voices and the sound of celbrating coming from inside the KoG keep.
He immediately sent me a dove, and I along with Lucius went to check it out.
When I unlocked the door we found 2 men who yelled out an alarm and we could hear many more in the next room and upstairs. We battled them for over an hour...a mage finally locked us out with a wall,and disappeared through a portal. When his wall finally disappeared We made sure that noone remained and I locked the doors again.
We owe Ram our gratitude for notifying me of the intruders. And him and Lucius for helping me fight them off.

Grovestrider Commander,
Squire Joxia Doral
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Thank you Joxia, Lucius and Ram. It seems there is one more issue to discuss at the next meeting.

Mark Strongarm
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

To the Knights of Gobaith,

I must sadly resign as Page of this Order. I have and will continue to support it, but must remain unaffiliated during this time of contest with the dictates of the new Governor of Trollsbane. As a citizen of Silverbrand, I cannot interfere.

The Knights were established to be above and beyond the influence of any single nation, representing all nations, however this principle, as well as the land, is in dispute now too.

If in the future, the Knights of Gobaith have resolved this situation peacably, and if I have the blessing of my King, I shall happily rejoin.

For now, I wish you all wisdom and strength to either abide by your founding principles of independence from all, or your principles of peace for all. It appears you must choose between them, changing forever the Knights and their status. Shall you be a Knighthood for all Gobaith, or another Guild within Trollsbane? Only time and good judgement will prevail.

In Service,
~Lord Chester Copperpot
Dantagon Marescot

We are not part of Trolls Bane, Chester. We never were to begin with. I hope this all works out so that it remains that way.

Keep studying, Chester. I wish you to take the squire test upon your return if you feel so ready to. You are one of many who deserve so much more than what has been delt to you. But it is left to you to decide if you wish to obtain it.

You will be missed, Chester. I hope that if we need to call on you for your help to defend our land, you will be there to fight with us, and you will bring reinforcements.

Dan
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Chester,
I understand your position as a leader and respect it. I hope to have you back after we reach our decisions on the issue in the upcomming meetings.

Mark Strongarm
Dantagon Marescot

Tolls Bane is overstepping their bounds. They claim our land and now they have an armed force which I am sure will intend to enforce it. Something must be done now! I refuse to make this a knighthood belonging to solely any town. We are the knighthood of Gobaith, not the knighthood of Trolls Bane run by fools. I have not heard from anyone below knight besides Chester Copperpot on their thoughts. And his thought was to leave because apparently some fool decided we belong on his land. Well by Bragon, we don't.

We need to either create a document stating what our land is, or at least pointing out that we do not belong under Trolls Bane and that we protect the road between Trolls Bane and Silverbrand. If not, we need to make a point of telling the forces of Trolls Bane to keep out. Something I know Cromwell will not do unless it is forced down his throat. Last time when he almost had a war between Trolls Bane and Silverbrand he laughed in Silverbrands face. He is doing the same to us.

Where are all of you?! I thought we were greater than the Kallahorn I killed many years ago. We were a brotherhood, people communicated. Right now no one seems to care and the one man knighthood is valued over us in Trolls Bane. Are we still a knighthood, do the members still exist, do they make themselves known in the town of Trolls Bane and intend to stand for justice? Or are we only cowardly dogs who sit and hide in our castle and allow a few selfish men to take all the glory?

Stand up men and what few women we have. Let me know you are still alive. Let me know that the Knights of Gobaith and their fellow brothers and sisters still exist. Let the isle know that we still exist, and gods damn it, let Trolls Bane know what we stand firm as a separate entity and remain that way through fire and Hellsbriar!

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I've spoken with Governor Cromwell and told him we will give him our position on the matter after our meeting. His intention isn't to oust us from our land but to give his abilities to enforce the law a longer reach, from what I understand. Of course we will not forfeit our home to Trollsbane, but we will discuss everyones thoughts on the matter, come to a conclusion and state our official stance on our relations in terms of land and Trollsbane soon. Ownership of our home and ability to expand and prosper is most important, and I hope that we can adress Governor Cromwell with a decision on behalf of the whole knighthood soon.

The issue is to be discussed and resolved as soon as possible,

Mark Strongarm
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

The time for the attempt at a scheduled meeting will be late afternoon of Tanos 10th.

Mark Strongarm
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

((I'll try to do the meeting in 2 hours from now, 3pm eastern time - I hope it works out :) ))