The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lillian

Post by Lillian »

Dear Council of the Magic Academy,

I would like to file a complaint against one of your members. I witnessed Pellandria today when she harmed an innocent Lizard by pushing it hard to the floor. Her only comment was that the lizard annoyed her. The poor fellow was unconscious for a while lucky for Pellandria it wasn't harmed any further. When I asked her to perform her duty as a Medico she refused and got beasty.
From a mage and especially a member of the council of the Magic Academy I expect to be able to restrain one's temper. I do not want to know what would have happened if I didn't witness it and went to help the lizard. She even tried to provoke me when I asked for her help. That is clearly not someone I would want to have as a so called respect person in an academy which teaches something as powerful as magic.

Yours faithfully,

Lillian Hunter
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

A few words are scribbled under the parchment, the rest of the parchment seems to be simply burned off

There is no mage called Pellandria.

Anyone who happens to tresspass the academy grounds could allready see a golem from afar, one should wonder what duty he has and if it is save to approach him and the board.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

A short, stubby dwarf steps up, his gray beard running over his features as he pulls an axe from his back, his eyes locked on the massive rock figure before him. His armor is topped on either shoulder by massive rock formations and his axe seems nicely sharpened. He stops before attacking the massive giant rock, one brow lifted in a evident quirk as his eyes drift over the entire wall being burned away. Loose parchments blow in the wind, carrying faint signs of the flame that was made.

After several long moments of shouts and loud crashes from the Academy, one can see a tiny figure walk off into the sea, shaking his head.

"Jus' ta neither da' on th' job.."
Llama

Post by Llama »

A message is scorched under the previous one

All this technicality sickens me. A mage is simply one who can control magic, whether he or she calls herself a warlock, a mage, an archmage or a fighter-with-benefits makes no difference.
Caecilianus Cathari

Post by Caecilianus Cathari »

I am a Mage called Pellandria!

Brer Beothach
Mage
Nasher

Post by Nasher »

no teacher available?
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Nasher wrote:no teacher available?
Unfortunately, it appears that most teacher currently are teaching three students. That is the limit per teacher.

With a little luck, one will become available and current applicants will be given a chance. However, most teacher will leave a note when they are looking for pupils and applying on this parchment isn't always the best initiative.

Either way, I wish you luck.

- Blake
Nasher

Post by Nasher »

ty for your replay Blake.
i will wait till someone is available.

mfg Samuel.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

(( Although it is possible your character has written "ty" as an abreviation for "thank you", once in game, make sure you write full words. "Thank you" instead of "ty", "you" instead of "u" and so on.

The reason is that Illarion is a game concentrated on roleplay. Hence, your character should say only the things your character would say. Do you imagine your character saying "Tee Why" to say "ty" (thank you)? No. That's the reason you should write "Thank you" generally instead of "ty".

Also avoid smilies. "Colon close the parenthesis!" sounds a little silly, no? Same goes for typing ":)". Instead, use emotes (#me). Example: #me smiles.

Good luck. ))
Syrune

Post by Syrune »

Name:
- Syrune
Race:
- Elf
Mage/Battlemage:
- Battlemage

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
- English

Personal remarks:
I hope i can learn from one of you
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

A gnome, apparently in a great hurry, pins a piece of parchment to the board before walking away at a brisk pace.

Name: Sygareous Gandergoth Harmalthean Hodge

Race: Gnome

Mage/Battlemage: Mage

Language: New

Personal remarks: I have long been curious as to the nature of the Arcane and I believe now is a better time than ever to satiate that curiosity. While I will not pretend that patience is my greatest asset, I am willing to wait however long it takes for a competent teacher.
jregan91

Post by jregan91 »

Greetings all teachers who require a student in the future

i have indeed read and reread the board and I understand that it will be some time before a teacher becomes available, I am at an age of 25 dwarven years i once had a master un-till I was taken ill 3 years ago and since then he was forced to take a third pupil i do not blame him for his decision for it was wise it gave me time to see the world in a new light and understand many things i was taught. I understand the ancient language more fully than I did before and i currently have mastery over four runes, I am happy because of this time but I wish to complete my studies and even though I spend many nights in the library learning and understanding magic, but it cannot be self taught so I ask for someone to help me on the road to finishing my studies

Signed John Merrygate
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

Name:
-Oloya Ra
Race:
-Elf
Mage/Battlemage:
-cleric

-english

Personal remarks:
- I mostly would like to learn heal, cure, food, and anti-undead spells so I can be a better cleric.

~Oloya Ra
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You are to young, come back in 60 or 80 years and we don't teach just a few runes and stop nor do we teach clerics, go to a church.

~Pellandria~
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

Pellandria wrote:You are to young, come back in 60 or 80 years and we don't teach just a few runes and stop nor do we teach clerics, go to a church.

~Pellandria~
the church does not teach cleric spells they say I have to come here to learn cleric spells.

~Oloya Ra
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

There is ~no~ cleric teaching in our academy.
We are a magic academy, we don't pray to gods and hope for their might to help us, we use the ancient arcane arts to cast our magic, we are not priests but mages and warlocks.

~Pellandria~
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Hail Masters of Magic!

I come to beseech a teacher to consider teaching only those runes necessary for healing, food and health spells. I ask not for myself, but for others who have, and will join our church in the furture.

I know it's an unusual and unorthodox request, but I would like to establish 'Guidelines' for future "Medicos//Clerics" who wish to do more for the people than 'potions'. Father Ra, has not been the first, nor shall he be the last. This is something I would like to cooperate with you on.

I believe a mix of Magic and Religion is needed for both of our benefits, and will happily help in any way I can to help make this happen.

Is there a Teacher willing to teach these limited magics to worthy souls who only wish to heal and provide Medico services to their people?

My only other recourse is to beseech the Gods for "Teaching Runes" to do this for ourselves, but I would rather place this duty in your capable and experienced hands, where it belongs. I believe it would be best to cooperate together on this matter.

I implore thee for a positive response,
~Father Thyme
Elder of the "Church of Gobaith"
Archbishop of Trollsbane
Ilaya Iselle van Illdoran

Post by Ilaya Iselle van Illdoran »

Different parchments are attached to the board, each one written in clean and elegant handwriting.

Verschiedene Pergamente sind an dem Brett angebracht, jedes in sauberer und eleganter Handschrift geschrieben
___

Werte Interessenten der Magie,

gerade in den Zeiten der Not ist die arkane Kunst beliebt. Ich bitte aber daran zu denken, dass zumindest für mich persönlich, ein Grund für dieses Interesse wichtig ist.

Gründe sind für mich nicht der Wissenshunger oder aber der Wunsch zu helfen oder zu schützen. Wissenshunger kann in Bibliotheken gestillt werden und der Wunsch zu helfen, nun, er ist ehrenwert, jedoch auch in anderen Künsten zu befriedigen.

So geht in Euch und überlegt weise, bevor Ihr etwas an dieses Brette schreibt.

Was mir als Lehrerin wichtig ist, ist die Akzeptanz meines Alters. Ich bin 21 Jahre alt, wer unter meinen Händen lernt, sollte dies akzeptieren können. Ebenso unterrichte ich nur in der alten Sprache.

Viel Erfolg und denkt daran, wenn es bei dem einen Lehrer nicht erfolgreich ist, heißt es nicht, dass die Kunst verwehrt wird.

Geduld...

~Ilaya Iselle van Illdoran

__

Father Thyme,

I'll never teach limited magics and hope there won't be someone who does.

It's like I would like to learn druidism, it's like a desecration.

~Ilaya Iselle van Illdoran

____
Last edited by Ilaya Iselle van Illdoran on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misjilah

Post by Misjilah »

Father Thyme,

Runes are not for the priests of the gods above. Pray to your god and seek your power in your miracles, but do not seek power of both worlds, for it will be your undoing.

Priests have meddled with runes in the past? And where are they now? Exactly, in the past, gone and forgotten. The magical theory that the Magic Academy will teach you, that is needed to learn will greatly upset your faith in the gods, so I recommend not to meddle in affairs best left to those with actual arcane affinity.

~lady Mehialho~
Muriel

Post by Muriel »

Name: Muriel Nabur

Rasse: Mensch

Magierin/Kampfmagierin: Magierin

Sprache: alte Sprache

~ Muriel~

Anmerkung: Die Kunst die Elemente zu beherrschen, mich mit ihren Kräften auseinander zusetzen und ihre ungeheure Macht zu spüren, reizt mich.
Alnor

Post by Alnor »

Name: Alnor Vellgran

Magierin/Kampfmagierin: Magier

Sprache: alte und neue Sprache
  • Alnor Vellgran

Anmerkung:
Wenn ein unbändiger Wille allein ausreichte, der ewigen Finsternis die Stirn zu bieten,
wenn ungebrochener Ehrgeiz ein langes Leben schenkte,
ja, wenn die beharrlichste Geduld genügte, das Leid dieser Welt zu lindern -
wenn all diese Tugenden alleine zählten, so wären mir die arkanen Künste von den Göttern in den Schoß gelegt.
Doch so möchte ich sie mir erarbeiteten, erlernen, zu den Göttern beten, um so einst meinen Tugenden Taten folgen
lassen zu können, dieser Welt ein bessres Gesicht zu geben und - sofern die Götter gnädig sind - in ferner Zukunft
mich in die Reihen ehrbarer Vertreter des altehrwürdigen Magierordens zu gesellen.
maik

Magie

Post by maik »

Name: Frank Graumann der Weise

Magier/Kampfmagier: Magier

Sprache: Alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkung:
Ich bin ein älterer Weiser Mann, der sich schon immer für die Magie interessiert hat, um die welt aufzubauen.
Außerdem wollte ich schon immer etwas von jüngeren lernen.

Seid gegrüßt,

Ich bin Frank Graumann der Weise, ich bin ein 68 Jahre junger männlicher Mensch.
Ich möchte die Magie lernen und soreche die alte Sorache, sowie ein bisschen die neue.
Ich, als alter Mann, lerne meist nur durch Bücher weiter, nun wollte ich mal durch jüngere Leute etwas lernen. Die Magie möchte ich lernen, da ich die Welt erweitern möchte.

Gezeichnet Frank Graumann der Weise
Rawn

Post by Rawn »

Name: Joash Brenton

Race: Human

Mage/Battlemage: Mage

New language

Personal remarks:
What is there to say?
I'm a young and able learner, I've already studied basic magic theory very briefly on the mainland, so I'm not totally clueless.
Magic Academy

Post by Magic Academy »

In the last days the magic academy of gobaith becomes a new structure in leadership.

New is the position of a headmaster which becomes filled by Kadiya Artaliar.

The high council is now made up of the mages:
Pellandria
Avalyon el'Hattarr
Ilaya Iselle von Illdoran
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

A meeting is called between the council to pass on and vote on the new legislation.
It will be held ((today 02.02.2009, 20:00 pm GMT)) at the Academy.

~ Avalyon el'Hattarr
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

To the New Administration,

It is my hope that the restructuring of the high council and the addition of the headmaster will prove to be more beneficial then just a high council. However, just as before this was done in secret by a small group and no outline has been provided on just how it will work. There is no unity nor community within the walls of our Fair Academy and that has always been great tragedy. Furthermore, I am sad that I was never contacted and told of these changes. Nor have I seen any public posting until now on the external or internal boards.

I am sorry that I have never met the expectations of Warlock Pellandria and I have not donated as much materials and gold. As a result I am deemed untrustworthy and insulted by her. Someone tell me what are the goals and values of this Academy anymore?

Good Luck,
Mage Eli Travinus
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You were simply not included, because noone of us ever saw you around on the island for a long time, knowing that you tend to disappear aswell, we all decided not to bother, even if you were in question for the new high council, but as mentioned noone knew if you were even on the Island at this moment.

The new administration will give out the new laws and rules aswell as its new structure as soon as all points are discussed, furthermore I would like to add that the fact that you were told that you indeed hold a place in the council, but you weren't activ even after, but now you complain about being thrown out, amuses me.

~Pellandria~
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Pellandria,

Just because we sleep and wake at different hours of the day does not mean I am not around. There was not a single discussion of a meeting on these boards between the time you told me that I was still part of the high council and now. You may be amused but I am not complaining, you need to learn how to read. I am only sad that I was not told by dove or publicly until after it happened.

I wish the council and the headmaster the very best and I embrace people that take charge and are willing to lead. The problem is a lack of communication to the teachers, mages, and students of this institution. I did leave for awhile, yes, but there are somethings that are beyond a persons control. If you cannot understand such things there is nothing further I can do. When I returned I checked both boards thoroughly and there was not a single request of me.

Lastly, when I was told that I was still a member of the former high council there was not a single post about meeting or discussions. So, don't tell me I was not around and that you didn't know because you did not ask for my presence. Not one dove, not one post externally, and not a single post internally. Get the facts straight.

Good Day,
~Mage Eli Travinus~
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

A note is tacked up written in sloppy handwriting going up the side of the page with an ink blot at the end as if the pen ran dry. The note remains unsigned but not too many mages have been seen with that handwriting.

Honored Sirs/Madams/Masters of the Academy,

I have been disheartened over the years to see changes of which only a few knew and discussed. As you recall some of us were even against developing the High Council in secret until all rules were decided, wanting to include all mages at the beginning. Even rules which were posted for teachers and students have been verbally changed yet nothing written as far as new rules and guidelines. In my effort to be a positive member of the academy, I have followed these guidelines to the best of my ability, yet hear rumors abound from others about exactly what these guidelines are and changes that have occured but looking on the board nothing is written. This secretive nature including the lastest change simply disheartens new students of which some have elected not to take this "test". It adds to the general idea of mages as an elite organization. With any other guild, and mages are a guild, all members have an opportunity to voice their opinion. I invision mages run with a tight fist with just a few not even teachers knowing what is happening. This is not what I had in mind when I originally started studying as Lady Meryaldes, Duchan, Athian, Silas were frequently seen. Wishing the High Council all of the gods blessings, I hope one of the decisions is to relax that secretive nature and finally allow all teachers and mages to have a say in their own profession and guild including voting for those on the High Council which should be done on a regular basis as any city's leadership is done.
Matron

Post by Matron »

Can't you have your talks elsewhere?
They do the academy's reputation no good I fear,

Also, if somebody finds an abanonded broom it is to be returned to me,
~The Janitor