The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Quantus

Post by Quantus »

Name: Quantus
-
Race: Elf
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage
-

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)): New Language
-

Personal remarks: I have not yet made a name for myself, or even have a purpose in this land, and I wish to do so before I die. Magic comes naturally to me, as it is in my blood, and in my brains. And while I may wish to be a battlemage, I hope to be able to eventually learn all forms of magic, both to support and help others with.
-
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

(( If you really can't find my character at all IG, feel free to send me a PM and we can arrange something. ))
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Only two more spots are available to become my student.

If you truly can not find me in town or around Gobaith, feel free to send me a dove. We may arrange a meeting.

Good luck to all,
Blake Thorn
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

*Obschon das Pergament alt ist, kann man nicht übersehen dass der Schreiber scheinbar eine gute Ausbildung genossen haben muss, denn seine Schrift ist geschwungen und fehlerlos. Er hat den Brief zweimal in den beiden Gemeinschaftssprachen verfasst.*

Sehr geehrte Meister der Akademie,

Hiermit bewerbe ich mich, Alan Dowland, für ein Studium der Magie an der magischen Akademie von Gobaith. Ich lebe bereits seit beinahe zwei Jahren auf der Insel Gobaith. Seit einiger Zeit bin ich ein Bürger der freien Stadt Varshikar, der Wüstenblume von Kumdah. Meinen Lebensunterhalt bestreite ich als wandernder Barde, um nur im Winter in meine Heimatstadt zurückzukehren.
Ich muss hinzufügen dass ich nicht auf ein allgemeines Studium der magischen Weisheiten und Künste aus bin, sondern mich nur für den Bereich der Illusionen interessiere. Ich möchte meine Fähigkeiten als Barde besser nutzen können, und meinen Zuhörern auf eine angemessenere Weise meine Musik vermitteln können.
Die Formalitäten liegen anbei.

Danke für Eure Zeit,

*unterzeichnet* Alan Dowland

Name: Alan Dowland
Rasse: Mensch
Magier/Kampfmagier: Illusionist
Alte Sprache/Neue Sprache: Ich spreche beide Sprachen fliessend

Persönliche Bemerkung: Ich wäre dankbar wenn mir erlaubt würde, unter Eurer Anleitung jeden einzelnen Tag härter an mir zu arbeiten, als ich in meinem ganzen bisherigen Leben gearbeitet habe, und noch dankbarer, wenn ich die Chance dazu erhalten dürfte.

-------------------------------------

*Although the pergament is old, you can't ignore that the writer seems to have been well educated. His writing is elegant and without any mistakes. He wrote the letter twice in the two common languages.*

Honourable Masters of the Academy,

by this letter I, Alan Dowland, aks for your acceptance as student of magic at the Magical Academy of Gobaith. I have lived on the island of Gobaith for almost a year now. For some time, I have been citizen of the free town Varshikar, the desert flower of Kumdah. I live being a wandering bard, only returning to my hometown in winter.
I have to admit though that I am not wishing to be taught all the wisdoms and arts of magic, I am only interested in magical illusions. I want to be able to use my bard skills better, and to perform to my listeners with more perfection. The formalities are added below.

Thank you very much for your time,

*signed* Alan Dowland

Name: Alan Dowland
Race: human
Mage/Battlemage: Illusionist
Old language/new language: I am able to talk in both languages fluently.

Personal remarks: I would be glad to work harder every day under your guidance than I have ever worked in my entire life, and I would be even more thankful if you gave me the chance to do so.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I was to announce my last 2 students today, but as I have not been in town enough to observe the potential candidates and to meet with prospect candidates, I will dismiss the time limits and decide on who my students will be when I feel comfortable with begining their education.

- Blake Thorn
Gergoth

Post by Gergoth »

Name:
Caeilte
Race:
Fairy
Mage/Battlemage:
Mage
Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
New Language
Personal remarks:
I am would like to study magic as i am unable to defend myself via other means. I think magic is cool ...but then what goes boom and doesn't look cool? So long as the fire isnt close to my wings... that hurts... ever seen what happens to moths? Im not always so good at doing what im told and i get bored easily at times. But when i want to im a good learner...until the boredom rolls in... I think i would make a good student...Altho maybe some trouble for a teacher... But then whats life without some fun?
Rugosch

Post by Rugosch »

Grreetingsss

Im ssearrccching. Ive alrready walk on thisss ilsse overr a dozzzen yearrsss ago, sshorrrt afterr the time, Drrakhen Vorrkalion arrisssess, but then Ive to go in the deep waterr. Sslept a long time. Forrgot mossst knowledge. Now Im ssearrcching a teacccherr forr the arrcane. Ive to get back what I forrgot. Ive to trry it at leassst.

Can anybody help me?

Name: Cchrrss'Zzcch'Aicch
-
Race: Lizard
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Mage
-
Both
Allaviana Ariali

Post by Allaviana Ariali »

Greetings, honoured members of the Magic Academy of Gobaith, I, Vilirion Temail seek to further my knowledge of the arcane arts and I would feel honoured if I was accepted as a student in your academy. After I have been studying the principles of nature to a level far advanced, I would appreciate if I had the ability to enhance my knowledge of the arcane, as one should always strive to perfect one's mind.
Sincerely Yours.
Vilirion Temail.

Name: Vilirion Temail
-
-
-
-
-
New language.
Maeglin

Post by Maeglin »

Greetings great teachers of the Academy.
I know I can't compare to some of the great mages at this time, but One day I'd like to become as powerful as some of the teachers here. I've never left the Island of Tol Vanima before, so I have no arcane knowledge as of yet but the flame of desire is in me to learn magic.

Name:
- Maeglin
Race:
- Elf
- I'm not sure exactly, 5 and a half thousand years old I think.
Mage/Battlemage:
- I don't really see the difference, I'd like to learn it all, For teleportation, walls, ice, fire, and battle.

- The New Language

Personal remarks:
- I'd like to have the most active teacher, and to learn the most powerfulspells. Thankyou if you accept my application.
Last edited by Maeglin on Sat May 23, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Being one of the rare active teachers, I'd like to mention to aspiring mages that pinning a missive on the Academy's board as an application is not the most effective way to obtain a teacher.

Be less lazy.

Being taught the arcanes is a privilege only a few receive, sometimes out of luck, but don't count on it. If you want a teacher, impress them. Show them you're worthy of their time to be invested in you.

- Blake Thorn
Kundra

Post by Kundra »

I wish to open my inner eye. I can read most books, with the ones I do not need.

We will together shield the storm. I have my faith. And you have my word.

I will try to find you. If we do not find ourselves before.

~Ripter.
The Harbringer Family

Hello.

Post by The Harbringer Family »

I am Jakob Harbringer apart of the Harbringer family I wish to learn to arcane if anyone is willing to teach me, perhaps a interview is nesscesary but I am devoted and strong willed intelligent with my words and ready to take on any obsticle that comes my way.

Name: Jakob Harbringer
-
Race:Human
-
-
mage/Battlemage: Mage
-
language: the new language
-

I will be honored to be taught by any whom is willing I am very devoted to completing training in the harbringer family's name I will make my father proud.
Fildara

Post by Fildara »

Gibt es irgendjemanden, der mich bitte in die Akademie lassen kann? Es ist langsam echt ernüchternd, die ganze Zeit vor verschlossenen Toren stehen zu müssen.

gez.

Kantar Eltharon
~Schüler von Kawako Tao~+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is there anyone who can let me inside the Acadamy? It is very sobering, to stand in front of closed doors all the time.

Kantar Eltharon
~Student of Kawako Tao~
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

The writing upon the parchment has vanished...how strange...
Last edited by Arvemor on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darken Rahl

Post by Darken Rahl »

°es ist ein sehr ordentlich geschnittenes Blatt geblichenem Pergament an das Brett geheftet worden. Das Blatt sieht aus als würde es sehr lange für diesen augenblickaufbewahrt worden sein. auf ihm steht in einer sehr ordentlichen schrift die eindeutig als frauenhandschrift zu indentifizieren ist :°
Sehr geehrte Akademie,
ich wär sehr interessiert a meine Ausbildung zur Magierin zu beenden.
Mein Name ist Hyarerth Moriquendi. Ich bin eine Elfin die in der Natur aufgewachsen ist , dabei habe ich schon früh interesse an Magie gezeigt. Nicht nur durch meinen Onkel der ein herrvorragender Magier war , sonder auch durch die altägliche Magie des Lebens : Das wachstum der Natur...der zyklus des Lebens...die verbindung von zwei Kräutern zu etwas neuem... Leider hat mein Onkel nicht lange genug gelebt um mich zu einer Magierin auszubilden...Ich hatte jedoch eine schöne Zeit in der ich meinem Onkel helfen konnte und erste erfahrungen machen konnte. Ich bin ein sehr schwacher Mensch, verfüge nicht über viel Ausdauer und bin nicht besonders schnell... körperlich zumindest. Geistlich bin ich ein sehr kluger mensch und verfüge über große Willenskraft und bin sehr schwach zu manipulieren.Ich würde mich freuen von meinem Lehrer bis ins tiefste gefordert zu werden, weil das in meinem Leben bis jetzt noch nicht der Fall war. Ich konnte Handwerklich oder kämpferisch nie etwas in meinem Leben erreichen. Deswegen ist es mein größter wunsch meine Ausbildung zu beenden.

mit freundlichen Grüßen

~* Hyarerh Moriquendi *~

Name:
Hyarerth Moriquendi
Rasse:
Elf
Magier
Alte Sprache ((deutsch))

Persönliche Anmerkungen:
Ich bin bereits Schülerin bei Kadiya, aber leider ist diese zurzeit verhindert und kann über einen längeren Zeitraum keinen Unterricht geben. Die Antike Sprache habe ich bereits erlernt, außerdem verfüge ich über Kennisse in Bereichen Elementen und geschichtliche Magie und das Wesen von Magie
Last edited by Darken Rahl on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
donaideenn

Magic Academy Pupil Application

Post by donaideenn »

Name: Severant ((Forum name " Donaideen))
Hieght: 5'6
Mage/Battle-Mage: Mage
Interested in : Wall creating magic, ice magic, and teleportation as well as Transformo.

Areas where can be reached include TrollsBane. Surronding areas, and the lighthouse.

With my regards, I believe a comment to end is in order. Please forgive me of my unsteady hand, on some of my words, for as I right this I am running on a tight schedule. I am also activley looking for a teacher, whom will except me as a Pupil. I am able at this time to accept ANYONE who shall take me.

Sincerely, and coldly, Severant ~ Wannabe Mage Pupil, member of.... **the rest is smeared**
Eadgar

Post by Eadgar »

Name:
Eadgar
Race:
Human
Mage/Battlemage:
Battlemage

Old language / New language

The New Language

Personal remarks:

None
Aguan

Post by Aguan »

Name:
Aguan Tanne (Littlethorn)

Rasse:
Halbling

Männlich

23 Sommer

Magier/Kampfmagier:
Magier

Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch))
Alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkungen:
Ich strebe schon immer danach ein Magier zu werden. Ich weiß ganz genau wie ich damit umzugehen habe und nehme diese Macht auch vollkommen ernst. Ich flehe euch Meister an, gebt mir eine Chance mich zu beweisen auch wenn ich ein Halbling bin! Bitte gebt mir die Chance euch zu zeigen, dass ich damit umgehen kann und diese Macht vollkommen ernstnehme.

Hochachtungsvoll,

~Aguan Tanne Littlethorn
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

The parchment is torn from the wall.
Last edited by Alli Zelos on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teleco

Post by Teleco »

Name: Namai
-
-
-
-
-

New language ((english))
-

Personal remarks: I am seeking a teacher that is able to teach me the basics through to the advanced stage of magic, I am willing to work hard for greater knowledge and eagerly await a reply.

Signed, Namai
Felicia Saral

Post by Felicia Saral »

Name: Felicia Saral
-
Rasse: Elbin
-
-
-
Magier/Kampfmagier: Magier
-

Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch)): Beides/Both
-

Persönliche Anmerkungen: Es würde mich außerordentlich freuen einen Lehrer zu finden. Meine genauen persönlichen Gründe warum ich gerne Magier werden würde, möchte ich nicht hier öffentlich nennen, aber ich teile sie gerne auf Nachfrage mit. Ich werde mit Sicherheit sehr angestrengt und so oft es mir möglich ist lernen und die Anweisungen meines Lehrers, sofern ich einen bekomme, befolgen. Es wäre eine große Ehre, an der Akademie eine Ausbildungsmöglichkeit zu erhalten. Vielen Dank schonmal. Hochachtungsvoll Felicia Saral.
-
Hucu

Post by Hucu »

Name:
Hucu

Race:
Human

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

New language

Personal remarks:
I will work hard to learn and I thought that if I learned magic before I tried to join the town gaurd of Trolls Bane, it would really help the town.
Lidian

Application

Post by Lidian »

Name:
Lidian

Race:
Human

Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

New language

Personal remarks:
I am a hardworking person, and will work hard to learn magic.
Matron

Post by Matron »

Send me a dove, then come by and I will let you inside. Maybe you are lucky and able to catch a loose mage, you never know where to expect those. They might even happen to pop by at the academy once in a while,
the Janitor
Ulthadar

Post by Ulthadar »

Name: Gretien Ulthadar

Race: Human

New language ((english))

Personal remarks:
Vlade Pardus

Application

Post by Vlade Pardus »

Name:Vlade Pardus

Race:Human

Mage

New Language

I am to dedicate my life to the Magical lifeforce of this world. i however wish to be able to put my knowledge not only being helpful to myself but others as well. This is my reason for applying.
Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Name:
- Pancho Lindenbrook
Race:
- Halfling
- Adult and cleared of youths flaws and errors
Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

- Old and New Language

Personal remarks:

- With your permission I wish to study the books of your library, that should provide plenty of opportunity for me to meet the mages of this Academy.

- Mit eurer Erlaubnis möchte ich die Bücher eurer Bibliothek studieren, das sollte genügend Gelegenheiten schaffen um die Magier dieser Akademie kennenzulernen.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

*the parchment gets ripped off in a gust of wind and flys though the air, out of sight and out of mind*
Last edited by Morbius on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pancho

Post by Pancho »

A small halfling clad in a red robe walks up to the academy notice board shortly after the last parchment has been pinned.
Reading it carefully he smiles as he realizes a little obstacle the elf might crash into when his application would be read.
Quickly he looks around to check that nobody watches him as he quickly draws another 0 behind the age on the last parchment, making it read 1180. Content with what he has done he steps away mumbling towards himself. "Probably just a slurred number, I doubt anyone would take this application serious if he realy were just 118 years old, he still got 62 years to go till he's an adult, on the other hand the earlier you start to learn, the better, hmhm..."
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

*the ink is has become smeared and is unreadable*
Last edited by Morbius on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.