The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Die meisten Lehrer haben zur Zeit bereits drei Schüler.
Ihr könnt jedoch am besten bei den einzelnen Lehrer einmal nachfragen.

~Kadiya Artaliar~
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

To Those It Concerns:

I have much the same complaint as the scholar above. My Master, Lady
Kaila, has seemingly left the isle with sir Travinus. Neither myself nor my
brother have had lessons for quite a while, and we've patiently awaited the
return of the two.

However, it's been a fair amount of months and I wish not to fall behind in
my studies of the arts. I cannot read the Old Language, Lady Kadiya, so I
know not your reply to Johann. Is it possible for my brother and I to obtain
new teachers that will continue our studies?

~Alaira Taerell
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

Kadiya's parchment was pinned lower, a translation written on it now.

Most of the teachers allready have three students at the moment. But you, of course can ask the teachers themselves. Maybe you'll find someone who can help you.

~Kadiya Artaliar~
Leoran

Post by Leoran »

Seid gegrüßt werte Magier von Gobiath,

ich bin auf der Suche nach Büchern, um alles wichtige über die Magie zu erlernen und nach einem Lehrer, der bereit ist einen ruhigen Schüler auf zu nehmen, um aus einem nichtmehr ganz jungen Elben einen Elbenmagier zu machen.
Ich hoffe auf Eure Gnade.

~unterzeichnet~

Leoran
Toc Kon'tal

Post by Toc Kon'tal »

Name:
Toc Kon'tal
Race:
Lizard
Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
New ((English))

Personal remarks:
Last decendent of the fallen Nallus order. I wish to learn of your teachings of magic to possibly re-build my fallen order.

*~////The lizard scraches the wall with strange artistic symbols
Toc Kon'tal
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Name:
Ludwig Kathain
Race:
Human
Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

Old language / New language
New language

Personal remarks:
I seek greater knowledge of the arcane in these later parts of my life. Honour an old man's plea.

Ludwig Kathain
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Can I account any late response to my application to inefficient mage bureaucracy? Or is the Magic Academy of Gobaith an organisation without any members left to run it?

Ludwig Kathain
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

A human of this age shall not receive any teacher from the academy, its far to dangerous for an old body and mind.

~Pellandria~
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

The followers of Cherga never have an "old" body or mind. WE are merely old in age, not in mental capability. I even dare say that the young are at far greater danger of being consumed by magic than the elderly, for they do not know it's consequences.

But if this is your decision, I shall not make further attempts,

Ludwig Karthain
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

((young mages have annoyed me for ages... In my opinion someone mastering magic should be old, because its a very rough study and should take a lot of time. This is obviously not possible, as no POs are willing to spend ten years of their lives just to get a mage char... However the least thing you can do is to accept characters made by POs who actually make an effort to get some of the characteristic "whithaired" mages into the game. Sorry about OOC, but thought it was necessary:/ ))
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

(( @ Dealyn: Don't change ig-game and ooc in this chase. There is no ooc rule who forbit, that old chars learn magic. Its just the opinion of the char Pellandria she wrote in the topic. Maybe some other teachers have the same view, maybe not...but we can't coerce the teachers, who they have to take as students.))
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

*The writing has faded beyond recognition*
Last edited by Ambrosine on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Jemand klopft an das Tor der Akademie...

(( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=27268 ))
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

To the Academy,

Long has it been since I have walked the grounds of my fare Academy. I long for the days of old, but they have long since elapsed. As you all know I left for my honeymoon with my beloved Kaila nearly a year ago, and the journey I found myself upon was unexpected. The beginning months with Kaila were the best times of my life and our child we share together exemplifies all that we are. In recent months, however, a great tragedy befell our journey and has required my full devotion and time. I know this is not fair to my students nor to the Academy. Therefore, I willing accept my dismissal from the Academy on my return if the high council sees it fit. I do not regret my endeavors upon the mainland because they were necessary and for the greater good. My dearest friends I look forward to seeing you. Please send me doves or come to Troll's Bane to see me in person.

The Light of Zhambra Upon You,
Eli Travinus

*the letter is authenticated by a forest green seal with the emblem of a lion upon it and a Z just below its mane*
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Could the list of those mages still actively teaching be updated?

Also, would it be possible for any active teachers to make the progress of their students known? Doing this would probably make the wait for those students still awaiting teachers less tedious (accountability would also be easier to establish as well).

A last suggestion, and I put this forward tentatively with the hope for Academy approval:
Would it be possible for a group of those willing to participate in lessons and tutoring in the Ancient language be established?
I put this suggestion forward not only as a way to provide prospective students with an introduction to Ancient but also to foster a tighter community between students and, in the future, the Academy as a whole.

Saeliah Scorpius
Harman

Bewerbung

Post by Harman »

Name:
Radok Earas Suvin
Rasse:
Mensch
Magier/Kampfmagier:
Magier

Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch))
Alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkungen:
Ich, Earas, möchte das arkane Wissen erlernen
um es an andere die es würdig sind weiterzugeben.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

With all due respect High Mage Farron, I've been a student of magic for some time now, albeit my instruction has been a bit sporadic and eclectic in nature.

It was not with my own gain in mind I put forth that suggestion and I think you mistake my intent.

Though the teachers of the Academy hold firmly to basic tenets their individual views of the Art differ greatly (and I do not assume to preach to you - who must know this already - I only wish to make clear my point of view). I know this from personal experience having been (informally and formally) passed through the hands of many teachers and experienced a variety of instruction in the Art.

What I mean to cultivate through this suggestion is community and the opportunity for us - the students - to share our (somewhat limited) knowledge and experience with one another. This is something I want to be shared by all students of the Academy, whether formally being taught the Art or still engrossed in study of the Ancient language. And the best way I've found to share experience is to meet and speak about it.

You may still patronize my idea as an unnecessarily expedient practice or a waste of students' time, but please do not dismiss it as an idea born from a lack of patience.

Again with all due respect,
Saeliah Scorpius
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

The teachers allready spend atleast 6 hours per week with each student individuell, I say atleast, because many spend even more, while they do this they can't study, can't spend their time with their loved ones nor can they work towards an hobby or something they want to create, how much more time shall one spend on students, who might just leave after two or three lessons or those which simply want to gain the knowledge of the ancient language, which seems to be spread among peasants and other individuals without the gift allready.

Making extra lessons and or organize meetings for the sake of spending time with not yet accepted students, atleast in my eyes, results in wasted time.

~Pellandria, Warlock of the council~
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Warlock Pellandria,
Again with as much respect as is your due, I wasn't saying that I wished to spread the Ancient language to those who do not already know it, only to give those whose mastery of it is minimal the opportunity to practice and thus help them when they do begin formal instruction.

On that note as well I meant this as a group for students. Though teachers would probably be curious as to the topics of discussion, there does not need to be one present every time students meet together.

Respectfully,
Saeliah Scorpius
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

If you want to exchange knowledge, or are looking for someone to practise ancient with, please send me a dove. I doubt there will come any good from discussing with the high mages and teachers though. If we students want a closer relationship, it is our responsibility to establish it. We may not be mages yet, but we are hardly incompetent of simple tasks. A list of all current students would be handy for this purpose, excuse my ignorance if such a list already exists.

Welcome back Mage Travinus! Perhaps we can meet and catch up some time.

Walk with the five-

~Daelyn Mitore~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

It does; try checking the academy board, illiterate.

~W.E~
Ghost_Archon

Post by Ghost_Archon »

Name:
Amroth Surion
Race:
(Half) Elf
Mage/Battlemage:
Battlemage

New Language

Personal remarks:
I seek knowledge in all forms. Magic is something that I am yet to learn. The more that I know the more I am able to aid others. With the knowledge of magic I seek to bring peace and harmony to the places that I travel. Please aid me in my quest of peace and knowledge.

~Sir Amroth Surion
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Peace and Harmony can be aswell reached trougth meditation and the knowledge about Herbs will help those , who live around one.
Why going trougth the time and effort of learning runes which are mostly used for destruction ?

~Pellandria~
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

He means that the intention to learn the arcane arts is in order to use them to enforce peace and harmony in his travels. A zealous cause, since you can't create new before destroying old.
Reminds me of some witch hunters I've heard about on the mainland.

~ Mage Avalyon el'Hattarr
Lahja

Post by Lahja »

Name:
Lahja Cyldere

Rasse:
Mensch / human

Magier/Kampfmagier:
Magierin / mage

alte Sprache, doch auch der neuen mächtig /
old language, but also able to speak the new language

Persönliche Anmerkungen:
Ich verließ meine Heimat, da mir berichtet wurde, hier auf Gobaith einige der besten Lehrmeisters des Landes, gar über die Grenzen hinaus zu finden.
Da mein Hab und Gut während der stürmischen Überfahrt von Deck gespült wurde und mir nicht mehr blieb als das, was ich am Körper trug, bin ich zur Zeit nicht befähigt, Lehrgelder oder -mittel zu finanzieren. Wohl las ich, dass der Unterricht unentgeltlich durchgeführt wird, sollten jedoch Lehrmittel von Nöten sein, hoffe ich, diese in Teilbeträgen abgelten zu können.
Ich wäre glücklich und dankbar, sollte ein Lehrmeister die Zeit finden, mich zu unterrichten und in seine Kenntnisse einzuweisen. Bis dahin werde ich mich geduldig den Schriftwerken in der Bibliothek Trolls Banes widmen.

((ooc: "Kodex, sowie Gesetzesbuch sind am öffentlichen Brett der Akademie nach zuschlagen. " >> gibt es da einen Link oder zählt das schon zur Prüfung der Aspiranten, den Kodex zu finden? ;)))
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

((man könnte ja einfach den Link im ersten Post anklicken :P, aber gut hier ist der Kodexlink
http://www.ma-gobaith.com/start.php?lang=de&set=1
))
Youchimitchu

Removed

Post by Youchimitchu »

removed
Last edited by Youchimitchu on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

We got an application..use it and stop this "I want to learn magic" we know it by now..if you writte a application you indeed want to learn it, find a valid reason why we as teachers should use our time to teach you and not this "I want to learn it" ~reason~.

~Pellandria~
Nechkal

Magier

Post by Nechkal »

Name:
- Nechkal Sonnenmeer
Rasse:
- Fee
Magier/Kampfmagier:
- Magier
- Alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkungen:
Ich bin ein Feerich der sich sehr für die magischen Künste interessiert und ich möchte das auch Feen die Chance bekommen sie zu erlernen, später möchte ich das Feen unterrichten und ihnen all das Wissen beibringen.
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

Name:
-Ichus Zmorl
Race:
-Lizard
Mage/Battlemage:
-neither
-new language

Personal remarks:
I do not wish to learn magic, but I would like to learn the ancient language. I'm hoping that by applying here I'll find someone to teach me.