The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Is the vineyard open for visitors then? Because no one seems to care I'm here...
A.O.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Sure, enjoy yourself.

~Daelyn Mitore~
Kail Revira

Post by Kail Revira »

Does the magic academy accept those of the sword who wish to learn a little magic to supplement their martial skill?

~unsigned~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

We are not teaching anyone a ~little~ magic, you either learn it or you won't, our time and ressources are to expensive to be wasted on some swordswingers or knights or priests.

Furthermore, tresspasser, who will be found on our grounds, while not being a part of the teachers nor the students nor the caretakers will be punished, let this be a warning.

I want to remind everyone that there is a meeting soon ((Today, 20.00 Gmt+1))

~Pellandria~
Kail Revira

Post by Kail Revira »

First and foremost, I sent a registered messenger with my message, so the message IS sanctioned, as is this one. Furthermore, pompous, overbearing magic-wielders are not who I wish to speak with. Obviously, for this academy, magic is an art for those who wish to hide all their teachings within books and arrogance. I would teach my craft to any who would show the diction enough to stick through with it until their goals had been met. Good day and I hope you enjoy your own personal gains apart from the gains of others.

~unsigned~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

We are not some run down sparks creating at the corner academy, where you pay a silver and you learn how to let a few sparks fly of your fingertips, the arcane widsome and knowledge are far to powerfull to be teached just ~on the run~ between doorway and door so to say.

If you are interrested in magic, then you shall search yourself a teacher and beginn the way of a mage or warlock, learn for years and slowly gain power as you do so, magic itself is a far to dangerous tool to give anyone, simply because this person wants it.

Someone who can swing a simple sword has no idea what magic can accomplish, can a sword raise the death, can a sword obliterate legions of enemys at the same time oor can a sword let forest grow faster, create sandstorms, even steal the very lifeforce of the whole world and summon demons?

You can teach your swordswinging to whoever you want, but we will not give the widsom of magic to anyone who comes across, we allready told the priests of the Island that we will not share the might of the arcane in parts, you either go the whole way or you don't, there is no middleground for rundown street magicans who suprise peasants with their fancy magic.

We do not wish for anyone who has merely the goal to abuse magic as they will, to gain a little advantage over other swordswinger of the island, learning magic comes with sacrifces, if you are not read to take those, then you are not welcome here.

~Pellandria~
Kail Revira

Post by Kail Revira »

One day, my fair mage, your magic wont grow forests, you compost will. This is merely the beginning. I am no fighter of a mage, I know of their power. But there are bigger powers at work against your petty academy.

This is merely the beginning

~unsigned~

(( look for sum closed RP in the near future :D ))
Tanistian_Kanea

Pellandria,

I would expect those of the arcane to be serious about their craft, for the work with some of the most powerful forces known. However you seem to take every aspect of your life in the most serious way possible and miss the simple pleasures of life. It is rather disappointing that one with as much knowledge as you could miss this joy in life.

As for my presence on the grounds I would first like to say a hedge is little barrier for one with wings. Second, you do not have rules anywhere about the use of the grounds for people to see. If I had not told you I was here I could have been here nicely for many weeks before anyone noticed, including yourself. Thus nothing would have been done.

Finally, I came to talk with mages of the academy in person, putting notes up on the board is to impersonal, so when I saw the vineyard it seemed like a natural waiting area for one such as myself. I will not mistreat the grounds for that would be rude, and if I had wanted to I would not have told you I was here. So Pellandria, just take a deep breath, and try a grape.

A.O.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You should rather not make such pointless threats against our academy, I wonder if you really think that anyone, who acts like a child, whose candy was stolen, would teach you any magic.

This island saw enough bloodshed over useless conflicts and if you decide to act against us in any way, be sure that you are able to carry the conqequences, you just don't know with what you are messing with.

The next messenger you send will either not return to you or with a bleeding stump where his right hand was, in either way, he will tell me your location and name.

For the visitor, who claims he didn't know our rules, the following is the first Laws of the academy.

These laws are to be respected while on the Academy grounds

I) Do not trespass on the grounds of the academy
-> Unless you are a teacher or a student, or given special permission, you are not allowed on the grounds

We did not invest in locks and keys for our safety, simply to let anyone walk around our grounds, furthermore some of you mischief maker are actually hard to catch let alone see.

Furthermore I do not miss any joy in my life, I simply ask to respect our Laws and rules, as its always expected from us to obey other rules and laws aswell.
~Pellandria~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

The meeting of the teachers, mages and council will be soon((Today, 20.00 Gmt +1 around 5 and 1/2 hour from this post))

~Pellandria~
Tanistian_Kanea

Dear Pellandria,

If I may make a suggestion, please put up a set of general rules for the public to see, outside your door perhaps. I have yet to be able to find where these rules/laws of yours are located for public viewing.

Respectfully,
A.O.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Only the first law concern Tresspassers, if they don't tresspass, the other Laws do not concern them, simply because they aren't there.

To another Tresspasser, who is currently hiding in the academy, I ask you to leave our grounds, this won't be a way to get a teacher, let alone any magical training in our academy.

~Pellandria~
Tanistian_Kanea

Pellandria,

I don't believe I said anything about learning magic, only I wished to talk to you or someone on behalf of the academy in person. Unless of course you believe the above sword wielding nut is loose in your Academy. Otherwise I have kindly left the vineyard and currently wait outside in the small grove of trees west of the road. I hope I have not lost any standing with your Academy.

Respectfully
A.O.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Dear "A.O.",

not everything, what is announced from Pellandria concerns to you.

If you wish to speak on of the leaders of the academy send them a dove.
I doubt that anyone would like to meet you in the way you've choosen.
At least because the most mages of the academy have better things to do as to wait in the vineyard or outside the maingates for a stranger they want to talk to them.

With kind regards
~Kadiya Artaliar~
Headmaster of the magic academy
Tanistian_Kanea

Miss Kadiya Artaliar,

I apologize for not being clearer, I was simply making sure that what Pellandria had to say was not directed to myself. When you and another are both called the same thing it can be at times confusing at best.

I do not understand why no one would like to meet in the way I have chosen, I see no problem in it for the other party. It is I and not the other party that waits for the representative from the other group to arrive, and I am waiting in an area that would seem to be a very small inconvenience as you now have to walk past me to get to the academy. So unless the mages of the academy do not actually go there I fail to see the problem.

If you would be so kind as to clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully
A.O.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

I've looking for you in the last days serveral times. In the vineyard, the garden and as well around the gates and haven't found you there.

Additional nobody of the mages of our academy meeting just a few days ago has seen you on the academy ground.
So, please don't tell me you are around all the time there and wait to talk to one of us.

I'm still willing to meet and speak with you. But I don't waste my time for searching you.

If you want anything from me or another mage you has to use the way we want and not contrary.

With kind regards
~Kadiya Artaliar~
Gibble Thibblebum

Post by Gibble Thibblebum »

Pellandria wrote:Sylenanthelarilis you are not old enough yet to receive any teaching from the academy, I don't know who teached you before, but you need to reapply.. in about 60 years.

~Pellandria~
I know not what strange magic has caused my decrease of age for once I was a full grown man, however, I accept your judgement and now simply request for someone to meet with me at the academy so that I may leave the grounds. Since my key no longer works, I am currently locked withing the premises.

If I cannot become a student once again ((I can't seem to get an answer from the support email I sent the devs on whether they can change my age)) I would like to go about my life seeking a different direction.

Sylenanthelarilis
Gibble Thibblebum

Thanks be the gods of Golarion

Post by Gibble Thibblebum »

I awoke this morning, still within th confines of the academy, however, when I looked in the mirror, I was much eldered. The strange curse that had reduced me to a child has been removed. I know not if this was due to a a fellow mage who heard of my plight or if the gods finally heard my prayers. However, I should now be acceptable to the administration for readmittance to the academy. When may I meet with someone to to get my key exchanged for a working copy and access to the guild boards room so I may seek out a teacher? I'm unsure exactly who to meet with in order to obtain these things.

Sylenanthelarilis
Kail Revira

Post by Kail Revira »

To the mages of the Academy:

Name: Tek'Rogh

Race: Orc

Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage

Language: New Language ((English))

Personal remarks: I realize I am an orc, I am not of the orcish ways, however, past my innate fighting abilities. I wish to enroll in your wonderous academy, it is a dream of mine.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

There was a recent change within the teaching rules of our academy, I ask every teacher to have a look at it, concerning the changes I want to mention that I will not give official lessons but only private instructions, if anyone ever feels the need to have a lesson, he or she is free to send me a dove.

~Pellandria~
Lori

Post by Lori »

An die Magier der Akademie:

Name: Loria

Rasse: Mensch

Magier/Kampfmagier:Magier

Sprache: Alte Sprache

Persöhnliches:

Ein junges doch verspieltes fleißiges Mädchen,sie arbeitet viel wenn sie nicht gezwungen wird. Sehr freundlich undhilfsbereit.

Ich grüße die Akademie,
mein Name ist Loria und ich möchte gerne eine Schülerin werden. Ich weiß, dass ich vielleicht noch zu jung bin, aber mich haben die arkanen Künste schon immer beeindruckt. Also ich bin 14 und ein Mensch und weiblich. Ich spreche die alte Sprache und möchte gerne Magierin werden. Mein Vater hat mir damals schon viel über die arkanen Künste beigebracht und ich hoffe ich lerne hier nochmehr.

Gruß ~Loria
Bane

Post by Bane »

Ein sauber geschriebener Zettel hängt am Brett. Die Schrift ist sehr fein, der Autor hat sich offensichtlich viel Zeit damit genommen

Name: Leonaeus Bane

Rasse: Mensch

Magier/Kampfmagier: Magier

Alte und neue Sprache fließend in Wort und Schrift.

Persönliche Anmerkungen: Des Schreibens mächtig, Umfassende Kenntnisse über die Welt und Mythologie, Theoratische Kenntnisse der Magie.
Es wäre mir eine Freude an dieser, einer der tolerantesten Akademien der Reiche, studieren zu dürfen.

A well written paper is attached to the board. The fine scripture indicates that the author took some time to write it.

Name: Leonaeus Bane

Race: Human

Mage/Battlemage: Mage

Fluent in spoken and written new and old language.

Personal remarks: Able to write, broad knowledge of the world and mythology, theoretical knowledge about magic.
I would be honored to study at this university which is renowned for its tolerance.
Bandorkai

Application

Post by Bandorkai »

Name: Sarak Demai
-
-
-
-
-
Old language/ new language: New language...
-
Personal remarks: Determined, willing to do what he needs to please others and to help... for a young boy wisdom runs strong....
Kai

Post by Kai »

To the leaders of the Magic Academy of Gobaith:

Hello, I have heard many great things about this prestegious academy and I would like to apply to become a student.

Name: Kyle Jones
-
-
-
-
-

New language ((english))
-

Personal remarks:
-
I have always wanted to gain a deap understanding about the ways of the arcane magic and the use of runes. I am willing to dedicate my life towards the study and progress of magic for the benifit of everyone.
Narindur

Post by Narindur »

*ein ordentliches und strukturiertes Pergament hängt am Brett*

Geehrte Magier der Magischen Akademie Gobaiths,
hiermit möchte ich mich bewerben, an dieser prunkvollen Akademie Magie studieren zu dürfen.

Name: Narindur

Rasse: Elf

Magier/Kampfmagier: Magier

Persönliche Bemerkung:
Ich spreche und schreibe die alte und neue Sprache fließend, meine Eltern waren Magier und haben mich dafür bereits in Kindesjahren begeistert. Ich bin sehr interessiert an Magie, Theologie und Geisteswissenschaften allgemein.
Es wäre mir eine Ehre die Akademie zum Studieren besuchen zu dürfen.

~~~

*a neat and well structured parchment is affixed to the board*

Dear Mages of the magic academy of Gobaith,
with this, I want to apply for studying magic at your pompous academy.

Name: Narindur

Race: Elf

Personal remarks:

I am able to speak and write the new and old language fluent. My parents were mages too, and got me enthusiastic about magic in my years of childhood already. I am interested in magic, theology, humanities in general.
I would be honored to study at the academy.
Leech

Post by Leech »

Name: Armante Lestar

Old Language - New Language: New Language

Personal remarks: I am studied in magic theory.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

On the 21. of Malas, six hours after the Sun reached its highest point((next sunday, 3 of mai, 8pm GMT)) we will hold the teacher exam of Blake Thorn, every mage and teacher aswell as student is allowed to watch the exam, Blake will hold a lesson with the topic of his choice, the councilmembers are allready informed of said topic.

Anyone who wants to ask questions after the lesson is allowed to do so, however personal grudges will not be allowed.

~Pellandria~
Alae

Post by Alae »

Name: Alae
-
Race: Elf
-
-
-
-

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
New Language

Personal remarks:
I have traveled very far to get here, From the Crystal forest to be exact. As a Rite of passage in my family, learning the art of magic is required. However Druidaic teachings is all I have ever been offered. I wish to take this opportunity here in Gobaith to learn and show my elders something new. Thank you for Reading.

~Signed Alae~
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

*A neat and organised piece of parchment lays afixed to the board*

To the leaders and teachers of the Magic Academy of Gobaith:

Hello, I have heard many great things about this prestegious academy and I would like to apply to become a student.

Name: Kyle Marks
-
-
-
-
-

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
- New language ((english))

Personal remarks:
-
I come from a long line of mages where that the first born within the family becoming a mage is a family tradition. I am highly studious, diciplined, and always willing to learn. I am also willing to help those in need of assistance. If you do accept me into your school then I would be very grateful.

Signed,
--- Kyle Marks ---
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

The Hohe Rat ist glücklich mitteilen zu können, dass Blake Thorn sein Examen bestanden hat und nun Lehrmeister der magischen Akademie ist.

Wir wünschen ihm für seinen zukünftigenn Weg alles erdenklich Gute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The high council is glad to inform you that Blake Thorn has passed his exam and is now teacher of the magic academy.

The best wished for his futur way.