The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pterry

Apprenticeship?

Post by Pterry »

Kindly disregard me app-lee-cation. I'm afraid I have to flee this island....

~Hob
Last edited by Pterry on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theory

Post by Theory »

Name: Casdrin
-
Race: Human
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Mage
-

New language ((english))
-

Personal remarks: Allow me to learn, and I shall.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

The parchment has been ripped from the wall
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Name:Aldraon Silran ("Sky")
-
Race: ELf
-
-
-
-

New language
-

Personal remarks: I will do all I can to preserve this ancient craft.
Darken Rahl

Bewerbung

Post by Darken Rahl »

Sehr geehrte Akadmie,

ich interessiere mich für einen Platz auf ihrer Akademie, weil ich ein sehr intiligenter Schüler bin und mein größter Wunsch ist ein Magier zu werden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
-°~Hyarerth Moriquendi~°-
ooc:
Name:
-Hyarerth Moriquendi
Rasse:
- Elfe
Magier/Kampfmagier:
-Magier
Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch))
- Alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkungen:
-Attribute komplett auf Magie bezogen keine anderen Talente
Rosanna

M-A-O-G

Post by Rosanna »

Name: Loranee Bastante
-
Race: Elf
-
-
-
-
Personal Remarks: I am headstrong, stubborn, and a little bit arrogant, but im a worthy student that is commited through death itself. -I have sent a dove to Mr. Travinus asking for him to become my teatcher. I have yet to hear from him.
Rosanna

M-A-O-G

Post by Rosanna »

Name: Loranee Bastante
-
-
-
-
-
Personal Remarks: I am headstrong, stubborn, and a little bit arrogant, but im a worthy student that is commited through death itself. -I have sent a dove to Mr. Travinus asking for him to become my teatcher. I have yet to hear from him.
Pterry

Delivery notice.

Post by Pterry »

A parchment has been tacked to the wall, obscuring several other notices. It reads, in big, bold print:

I have a delivery of some 10 potions to make to the Academy. A pixie named Dajmaél asked me to bring them. She said to speak to Djirronyma or Saril. I have been unable to find anyone about the Academy. I am staying in Varshikar for the time being. Look for me, and I'll deliver your potions forthwith.

~Hob Horswhelp
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

These two people are not allowed on our grounds, thus you will not find them here, the pixie is neither one of us, it seems you want into the haunted castle of varshikar, where the UoL of Varshikar resides.

~Pellandria~
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

A hasty scribble appended to the previous note:

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the information.

~Hob
Killelot

Joining the Academy

Post by Killelot »

-
Name: Edward Killian
-
Race: Human
-
-
-
-
New Language -[ english ]-
-
Personal Remarks: I am not the smartest person there is, but I am willing to learn and show everyone that I can do what I set my mind to. I am caring and when ever someone asks for help, I try my best to do what i can do to help them.

--== Edward Killian ==--
Lina Sarani

Post by Lina Sarani »

Name: Lanathalia Quasinia

Rasse/Race: Elf

Geschlecht/Gender: Weiblich/Female

Alter/Age: Jung ~2000~ Jahre/ young ~200~ years

Magier/Kampfmagier/Mage/Battlemage: Magier/Mage

Persöhnliche Anmerkungen/Personal remarks:
Ich bin eine ruhige Elbin, die sich schon immer für die Magie interessiert hat.
I am a quiet elf, and I had usually interess for the mage, for a long time.
Slazf Kruvkva

Post by Slazf Kruvkva »

Name:
Nimor Malghast
Race:
Human
Mage/Battlemage:
Mage

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
New Language

Personal remarks:
I realize that it is immensely difficult to find a tutor in the art of the arcane. If I could organize an interview with one of the fine mages within your guild, -one that could teach- it would be very appreciated. I am not strong of arm, and have not the ability to make my way as my father did -the craft of lumberjacking-. I am rather poor, but self-taught and skilled at reading and writing, and able to comprehend things concluded upon as intellectually challenging. I pray to Elara that my request will be heeded. Many thanks for your valuable time.

Safe paths,
Nimor
Gibble Thibblebum

Application

Post by Gibble Thibblebum »

Name: Sylenanthelarilis
-
-
-
-
-

New language ((english))
-

Personal remarks:
- I was once a student in the academy but had to take an extended leave of absence. I am back and would like to once again be accepted as a student. I would also like to note that after entering the academy my key broke so I am currently locked inside and need a new key if accepted as a student. My main goal in learning magic is to understand how this world works around us.
Turwinkle

Post by Turwinkle »

Name: Dasyra Yundraer
-
-
-
-
-
New Language ((English))
-
Personal Remarks:

After spending some time in the island I've decided to follow my life long dream of learning the art of Magic and Spell casting. As a devout follower of Elara, I believe in the power of wisdom and the gathering of knowledge.
Dalar

Post by Dalar »

Name: Altas Kimarnt
-
-
-
-
-

New language ((english))
-

Personal remarks: I'd like to be one of Mages who are willing to protect everything good in this world.
-
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Colleagues and Students,

The island as well as our fair Academy has been blessed with an ambassador from Lor-Angur. I have been fortunate enough to meet with our fellow intellect on a couple of occasions and want to inform you of his presence. Since it was Lor-Angur that aided us in the development and creation of our own Academy respect and gratitude should be shown to our visitor. He is a gnome that goes by the name of Mesha. Do not be surprised if he pops up near you.

Next I see him I will invite him to the Academy to see the changes made. Once again let us welcome our visitor from Lor-Angur.

Zhambra Bless Our New Friend,
~Mage Eli Travinus~
Imiak

Post by Imiak »

*die Nachricht wurde entfernt*
Last edited by Imiak on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I remind every teacher to check the internal boards.

Sylenanthelarilis you are not old enough yet to receive any teaching from the academy, I don't know who teached you before, but you need to reapply.. in about 60 years.

~Pellandria~
Damien Wolfebrook~

Post by Damien Wolfebrook~ »

Name:
Damien Wolfebrook
Race:
Human
Mage/Battlemage:
Mage
Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
New Language
Personal remarks:
I have nearly perfected the ancient language, a former student of William Elderberry and Silas Farron, who I would be willing if they were to rekindle me as their student. I know a few basic spells, as well, and would be willing to pick up where I left off as a student. I am obedient and a devout follower of the arcane, any teacher who will take me up will be pleased at my haste at responding to teaching.
Gibble Thibblebum

Post by Gibble Thibblebum »

Pellandria wrote:I remind every teacher to check the internal boards.

Sylenanthelarilis you are not old enough yet to receive any teaching from the academy, I don't know who teached you before, but you need to reapply.. in about 60 years.

~Pellandria~
There's an age requirement? And it is different for each race?...interesting.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

The student Johann Brown is banished from the academy of magic, his countless misuse of magic and his non existing respect towards members of the academy aswell as fullfilling punishments paved the way for this punishment.

He is no longer under the protection of the academy and is not allowed to travel upon our lands, he has to hand over any of his possesions, that were borrowed to him, mainly his ancient book, in case he fails to give the members of the council said book or even hands it over to someone else, the receiver has to inform me and the other council members and hand this book over, anyone who fails to do so and trys to learn ancient from said book will be punished from us, no exceptions will be made, this book is ours, noone shall set their hands on it unless we allow so.

~Pellandria~
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

You still need a council ruling in order to banish anyone from the academy, Warlock Pellandria, and of some reason I doubt you have this.

If I can aid in retrieving the ancient-book, I will be happy to do so.

~Daelyn Mitore~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

This was agreed on with the Headmaster and myself, as both of the other council members are currently not avaible, but I assure you, both would agree with my and the headmasters decission, a simple banishing is a rather friendly punishment for a misery like Johann.

~Pellandria~
Richter Brown

Post by Richter Brown »

Someone puts a parchment at the academy gates

Dear Mages of the academy.

As I heard from the people, I am banned from the grounds of the academy.
I just want to clear up things happening:
Master Pellandria and her student Lana called me very very bad names, each time they saw me. I didnt know why they disliked me, but infact they allways gave me names like "scum of the academy", and they told me, master Eli left the islands because of me being what I am....
I allways tried to be very respectfull with the ladies. Believe me, that wasnt easy all the time.
Well, I tried to get help from the academy. But the academy told me, it is not academys buisness what happens in towns, and noone may be punished about misbehaviour in any town....
Well, now I am banned from academy grounds. I dont know why, but I think the gods may know the reasons why Pellandria acts like this.
I hope, my friends at the academy will stay frends with me, banned or not.

I would be glad to meet some of you in any town on gobath.

Johann Brown
Mage

About the book:
It is a book about ancient. I got it as a present from my guildmaster on the mainlands. Its no property of the academy. So you may understand I wont give it to anyone.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

The following parchment hangs under the other one, one might see Pellanria sending of a dove aswell

You should be ashamed of yourself Johann, spreading lies even after you were banished.
First of, you disrespect me several times and you know pretty well why I call you ~Scum~ you dare to ask for an exam, waste the time of everyone involved and dare not to even ~learn~ for it, thinking you can pass the exam with nothing but empty words, this is not only a personal insult, but aswell an insult against the Academy and the exam.
I never ever claimed that Eli left because of you, as we all know he left because of the sickness of his wife.

Furthermore you disrespected me as I gave you a punishment for casting allready in a town, you had to writte an essay about misuse of magic, all you did was listing a few spells, I made clear to you that you failed to fullfill the punishment, but after talking with the other council members we agreed on atleast giving you a shot at the exam, obviously you failed as the only one up to today.

I wonder who told you that you can misuse magic in the towns anyway, it was quite clear that not only myself but Ilaya aswell told you that magic is not going to be used unless its for a purpose, the fact that you were ~punished~ and then even after that you continued to not only lie but cause trouble in other towns aswell, is fact enough to banish you, we see no gain in keeping someone like you in our academy, who causes mistrust from towns against us, our rules even state that you have to behave according to town rules, so noone could have told you that you can do what you want in towns.

Next time you want to ~clear something up~ don't start with lies.

The book is our possesion, you don't ~have~ a guildmaster on the mainland, yesterday you claimed you would have gotten the book from the guild in Arakanth, I wonder how a mage guild could have been build in a completly destroyed ruin, where goblins grab everything that could be of any use, hand the book over or we will set hunt on you, you have been warned.

~Pellandria~
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Dealings with the Archduchess and regiments of the Guards of Troll's Bane will be made soon to assure that Johann Brown may not enter the town of Troll's Bane without being hunted out until or unless he hands the book over to the Academy of Gobaith.

These negotiations are not final yet but may be made so after discussions with the Archduchess and the Captain of the guards.

It is in your best interest to hand the book over, Johann.

Blake Thorn
Lieutenant of the Troll's Bane Guard
Mage of the Academy of Gobaith
Pterry

An application

Post by Pterry »

To the Masters of the Academy:

I would like to apply for an apprenticeship in your revered institution. My information is as follows:

Name: Tikir Thoronalis

Language: New Language ((English))

Personal remarks: I came to this island to learn at the feet of the masters in the fabled Magic Academy of Gobaith. I am sure I have the spark of the Art in me; I have felt it since my earliest days. But, more than anything, I desire to understand. I want to acquire the mage's knowledge of the arcane, of the deep structure of our world. Without this knowledge, I cannot be content.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Vertrag zwischen der freien Siedlung Nordmark und der magischen Akademie von Gobaith

Akzeptierung des neutralen Gebietes zwischen den Herrschaftsgebieten der Vertragspartner

Die Nordmark und die magische Akademie Gobaith bestätigen und akzeptieren durch diesen Vertrag
die gegenseitigen Grenzen sowie das als "neutral" bezeichnete Gebiet zwischen den Herrschaftsgebieten.

Das (in der Karte mit weiß markierte) neutrale Gebiet beginnt an der südlichen (rot eingefärbten) Grenze
der Nordmark und ersteckt sich nach Süden bis an die nördlichen und östlichen (blau eingefärbten) Grenzen
der magischen Akademie.

Innerhalb des neutralen Gebietes gelten weder die Gesetze der Nordmark, noch die der magischen Akademie.

Das neutrale Gebiet darf ohne Erlaubnis beider Parteien nicht dauerhaft genutzt oder bebaut werden.
Der Vertrag darf nur in Übereinstimmung beider Parteien geändert werden.

Mit der Unterschrift der Vertreter der magischen Akademie von Gobaith und der Nordmark tritt dieser Vertrag in Kraft.

Es folgen die Unterschriften:

Für die Nordmark:
~Vigalf vom Drachenclan~
Jarl der Nordmark

Für die magische Akademie
~Kadiya Artaliar~
Leiterin der magischen Akademie zu Gobaith
Treaty between the settlement of Nordmark and the magic academy of Gobaith

Agreement above the neutral area between the territories of the contractual partners

The Nordmark and the magic Academy confirms and accept with this treaty the territory
frontiers of its contractual partner and the neutral area between the lands.

The (white marked in the map) neutral area starts at the southern (red marked) frontier of the Nordmark
and reaches over to the south up to the northern and eastern (blue marked) frontiers of the magic academy.

Inside the neutral area neither the laws of the nordmark, nor the laws of the magic academy applies.

The neutral area does not be used permanent or becomes builded without agreement of both contractual partners.
This treaty does just becomes change in agreement of both partners.

This treaty becomes legal with the signature of the representatives of the Nordmark and the magic Academy of Gobaith.

Signatures following:

Representative of the Nordmark
~Vigalf vom Drachenclan~
Jarl of the Nordmark

Representative of the magic Academy
~Kadiya Artaliar~
Headmaster of the magic Academy of Gobaith
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

I must say the grapes of your vineyard are wonderfully tasty. That statue is an awfully dark lawn ornament. By the way, if you can't tell, I'm currently sitting in the vineyard.

A.O.