The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I am not sure where I should start.... Perhaps by commenting the fact that there have been several rogue teachers. Either they have been allowed to use the teaching room in spite of not being a member of the academy themselves, or they have used it secretively. I assumed My Master belonged in one of these two groups as I have never received a key to the academy, taken part in a meeting of the academy or even been 'told' that I am part of the academy, I naturally assumed that I am not a member. But whether I am or not is not of any importance. The fact still remains that I broke no academy rules, and have shown all the mages of the academy great respect. I am sure Mage Eli and Mage Kaila can confirm this. You and I Pellandria have had our differences, as I have already pointed out, but I have never harassed you!

I kindly asked you and your student to lower your voices a little bit, as a compromise between you and the other group who wanted you to leave. If you are referring to some other incident where I have harassed you, please remind me of this incident, because I truly can not remember.

If I am spreading lies, I apologise as that was not my intention.. As far as I remember this academy (or the last academy which was located at the same place) had some problem with you because you did not want to teach your students theory of magic, but only runes? Again, if this is incorrect I apologise. I only mentioned it to point out that we can not always agree on everything. Nevertheless we must be patient and tolerant, and understand that it is okay to disagree, as long as we do not insult each other.

It seems to me that you are prepared to discuss this Warlock Pellandria, so why can we not do it in front of the council? If I truly am a member of the academy (which I have always wanted to be either way, and requested when Eli first agreed to teach me) I would truly like to meet the council!

-Blessings of the five

~Daelyn Mitore~

A small addition here.
This was the conversation more or less as it happened, and I am sure Warlock Pellandria will correct me if my memory fails me at some points.

Nathan Grimskalle: Excuse me over there, but could you reduce your voices so only you can hear them?
Pellandria: No
Me: Yes...?
Pellandria: You can go away if its annoy you
Me: Or you can simply lower your voices.. please?
Pellandria: I don't feel the need to
Daelyn Mitore: We do.
Nathan Grimskalle: yeah
Pellandria: I frankly don't care
Daelyn Mitore: We frankly do.
Pellandria: So you want me to punish you?
(at this point Warlcok Pellandria turns to me, grinning)
Nathan Grimskalle: just shut up please
'Pellandria': because you several times jsut broke the laws of the academy
Daelyn Mitore: Punish me?
Nathan Grimskalle: or me?
Daelyn Mitore: No, I never did.
'Pellandria': yes
Daelyn Mitore: No.
'Pellandria': you spoke against a member of the council
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Seems to me that Daelyn has the winning hand here, Pellandria.

- Lord Avalyon el'Hattarr
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Places a quick note on the board having stopped to read it carefully.

As I mentioned previously, I have not met Daelyn Mitore but just once, yet he was very respectful to me and helped in time of need.
Kaila Travinus

Kaila holds out her hand to the five year old at her side and smiles warmly "Let's go back to Tol, Darren".
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Avalyone asked us to join, you can't use our academy without us knowing it anyway, there is no need to meet with us either, your Master is ~our~ teacher thus you are one of our students, you could not even enter the Academy without keys and you cannot enter the teaching room without our password anyway, thus it makes it impossible for someone outside of the academy to use our facilities, well maybe except the field, the garden and the arena, but anything important like the libary or the teaching room can only be accessed with our help.
The fact that your master did not hand out a key to you is of no matter to the subject, even the recently new mage Bert had no key, because his master forgot to give him his, but he was a member of the academy none the less.

As I allready mentioned before, we were there for a longer time and there was no need to lower our voices, the fact that you begann a discussion with me and then at the end, where you claimed to be the "victor" of the argument, simply left, leaves only one solution to the matter, you had no buisness in the shop and simply seeked out a little "fight" to amuse yourself with and I add again, the argument was going for minutes allready, while you being in the same room aswell and then suddendly you had a change of opinion and thougth you must "demand" to lower my voice, thats quiete a ridicoulus claim, but nothing I would not expect from a disrespecting student, that I encountered in the past allready.

As to the claim that I would not teach my students theory, I mention ~again~ that the first student, who tried to pass the exam was my student and she passed it with no problems, so drop it now or atleast point at the person who doesn't teach his students theory, becase that would be my former Master Athian, who was only interrested in giving away runes, instead of teaching one magic theory, but it does not matter, because this was the third time the streams changed and the third time I relearned magic, thus I would know more about magic than most could achieve.

But lets drop this aswell, as I doubt Athian reads those pergaments and talking behind the back of him is atleast not what he deservs, no matter where his ways might lead now.

Furthermore there is no need for a council trial, you mentioned before that "There is only one powerful mage in your academy Pellandria. I listen to him." in our little argument, so it would be useless to even gather the council, if you in the end do not listen to us anyway.

I would like to add aswell that its quiete funny that your memory left out sentendes like "I only listen to my master" and that I warned you ~several~ times that you are harrasing me, you kept on never the less and now you don't want to carry the consequences.

But let us draw an example shall we, how about I burn down the holy forest in Tol vanima, because it annoys me, it does not matter that I had no right to burn it down, but according to you, as long as you think you are right, no laws would apply to you.

So to summarize it, I told you several times to simply leave, if it was annoying you, you did not, later one saying that you don't care for the academy nor our laws and even after warning you, that you infact break laws, you still kept on harrasing me, would you have simply left, after I told you the first or the second time nothing would have happend.

Somehow I still find it quiete strange, you don't accept our rules, only listen to your master, but now suddendly you care for the academy, only to get your "runes", which probaply is the only thing you care for and thus I don't even think about pulling the punishment back.

Furthermore I do not care what Eli or Kaila have to say, they have prooven themself to be not trustworthy or dependable.

So unless I hear or see a significant change in your or for that matter in the other students of Avalyon this ban will not be lifted.
~Pellandria~
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Pellandria wrote:Furthermore I do not care what Eli or Kaila have to say, they have prooven themself to be not trustworthy or dependable.

~Pellandria~
Kaila blinks reading the parchment from Pellandria looking very surprised mumbling "what...not trustworthy because of a difference of opinion?"
Shaking her head she turns away "That is very sad to read these unfounded accusations on our mage board."
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Warlock Pellandria, lies are certainly something I do not expect from you, although insults are. I never claimed to be the "victor" of our argument, I merely said it no longer made a difference to me as I had to leave either way. When it comes to whether I had 'reasons' to be there, that is hardly something you would know. I was speaking with the two other gentlemen by the depot, but we were whispering, unlike you and your student. Further on, you claim I have said: "There is only one powerful mage in your academy Pellandria, I listen to him." I would like to correct that. What I said was: "I only 'know' one powerful mage in your academy Pellandria, I listen to him." Considering I only know you and my master (Mage Kaila and Mage Eli were not present on Gobiath at that time) that merely says that My Master is the only mage in the academy I 'know' and respect. I should also add that I did not know I was a member of the academy at this point. If I knew, I would of course never have said anything like that in case of misinterpretations.

When it comes to your first paragraph, I would really like you to try again with some punctuation marks. I truly have trouble understanding it, but from what I gather you are still discussing my possible membership, which is beside the point if I never broke the rules of the academy in the first place.

It seems to me you are the only one in the Academy who wants to have me banned Warlock Pellandria, and does that not at least entitle me to some sort of trial? Further on, do the rules not apply to you? It seems to me you have already insulted 2 members of the academy? This goes against the rule you claim I have broken.

Does this rule not apply to you either? :

Punishments:
Punishments will be decided by the council.
A teacher may retain his or her right to punish their own students. However, upon second offense (same offense of same student), the council will punish the student in the teacher's stead.
If it is proven that a teacher is incapable of disciplining his own students, the right to punish them will be revoked.

~Daelyn Mitore~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Oh I very well heard you "This makes me the victor of this argument" as your walked out and you did exactly say what I stated, saying that you did not know Kaila, Eli or Kadiya is a lie, as this incident was just a few days ago, it seems your memory fails you once more.

Something else to add, I'm in the ~council~, I'm the most activ part of the council along with Kadiya, I was the ~only~ one in the council who was present at this time and place, naturally I will be the one who bans you, if you insult and harras any other member and this member bans you, than he or she will also be the one who wants you banned, so that argument is pretty useless.

Oh and I still wonder where I insulted Kaila and Eli, both are not reliable, because they showed they are not trustworthy, they both joined the council and either left it or were absent for a very very long time without notice why they did so, someone who leaves not only the council without a clue but aswell as his or her students can simply be not trusted and as I said, they are as teachers below the council and the only reason why I could punish you is because avalyon was informed from your disrespecting behaviour against me, he failed to punish you or you did not learn your lesson, no matter what it was, it gives me the right to punish you.

~Pellandria~
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I knew Mage Kaila and Mage Eli, but when this happened they were not on the island. They have been away for some time, as you might remember.
I do not know Mage Kadiya, I do not think we have ever met.

Even if what you claim to be true, is true, saying "I am the victor of this argument" can hardly be considered an insult?

It was to be decided by the council. Surely not even you Pellandria, can claim to be the council.

~Daelyn Mitore~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I'm the meber of the council, thus its one voice against you, no other council member yet raised his voice so they are all neutral, means its still a ban against you, because they side with noone.

Oh and the last part was not an insult, it simply showed what you intended to do, not that you actually wanted me to lower my voice, but that you provoced an argument, in which you harrased and insulted me, for the sake of doing exactly what you are punished for interrupting my discussion with my student to harras me.

~Pellandria~
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Dear Daelyn,

please send me a dove and tell me your view about the happenings.

Additional I ask the all other to stop this discussion for now.

With kind regards
~Kadiya Artaliar~
Matron

Post by Matron »

Some notes were pinned on the doors to the dorm rooms and on some trees in the yard:

To all my fellow drunkards among the students and teachers

Please stop leaving your mugs and glasses in the garden, empty them at Gloria's. Either you help me keep the academy clean or else I might start to leave my bottles all over the place, too.
Thanks,
The Janitor
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

How is the academy anyway? You kids having fun?

-Seregon
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Pellandria,

For many years I have considered you a friend and have valued your opinion, and to say that your words are hurtful would be a drastic understatement. Forgive me Kadiya for not indulging your wish to cease posting, but I cannot allow such words to be written about me or my wife. I think there must be some misunderstanding on Pellandria's part. Perhaps you do not understand the definition of the word untrustworthy, therefore, I suggest you find another word to describe my wife and me. First of all I have said "nothing" about the dealings of the aforementioned Daelyn Mitore because I have no involvement in the proceedings. I have not spoken with Daelyn at all so my name should not even be mentioned here.

Yet it is and I would like to know why? After reading your posts I find it interesting that you harp on one of our students about insults when you dare to call me untrustworthy without any merit whatsoever. You stated the following after calling me untrustworthy,
"Oh and I still wonder where I insulted Kaila and Eli, both are not reliable, because they showed they are not trustworthy, they both joined the council and either left it or were absent for a very very long time without notice why they did so, someone who leaves not only the council without a clue but aswell as his or her students can simply be not trusted and as I said, they are as teachers below the council..."
Kaila "declined" the offer to be a council member Pellandria and if you think that is untrustworthy then you do not know the definition of the word so stop using it. As for me Pellandria I wrote an explicit explanation about leaving the Council because my wife became deathly ill. Here I will post the exact words from my announcement:
My Fellow Councilors,

It grieves my heart to have to write these words but I cannot let them go unwritten. Circumstances with my wife have left me no choice but to retire from the High Council position I hold so dear. Furthermore, I promised myself regardless of any situation I endured that I would not forsaken my students to wait longer then they already have. So after their completion of runes and studies I shall retire from teaching as well. My son and family are most important to me now and I must do what is right by them. I am sorry that I can no longer partake in the guidance and leadership of this great Academy, it pains me so. I wish you well and may you all be bound in the ties of friendship and loyalty under Zhambra's name.

Eli Travinus
You can find that post on the High Council internal boards right under Master Kawako's retirement. ((http://www.iphpbb.com/board/ftopic-6619 ... 35-58.html)) Just because you failed to read it gives you no right to call me untrustworthy and undependable. If you do not even have the capacity to show sympathy and compassion for me attending to the well being of my wife what can I do? I have always done my best to preserve the qualities and standards of this institution as well as making sure it progresses in a positive direction.

Your blatant disregard for teachers of this Academy astounds me, how you can call us untrustworthy, unreliable, and not caring to even listen. Let it also be known to everyone that after my wife regained her health that I made a request the High Council. It was in that time that the council was few in numbers and I felt terrible for having to leave so I made this posting:
Members of the Council,

Since I still have access to these boards I would like to make a few announcements. Firstly, my apprentice Johann Brown is ready for his exam to become a full fledged mage. I shall tell him to contact the members of the council by doves to set up a proper testing time that fits yours and his schedule.

Secondly, I come with a request to members of the High Council in light of the past difficulties with the testing process. I propose that only one High Councilor is required for testing a student and the other can be a teacher, permitted not the student's teacher. This will accomplish two goals:

-you will still be able to witness each students progression and aptitude.
-and you will also be able to see how well teachers present their questions.

My last bit of information is an update on my wife's condition. She has awake and is now up and about moving. I know that responsible people to fill the seats of the High Council is of a concern. Therefore, I wish not to disturb the balance by which it was created. Five seats and five members and if you wish I shall resume my position. I had to leave for my thoughts we not in balance or my emotions in harmony. I felt that I would be a hindrance to all of you and this Academy if I attempted to continue with my wife in such a sad state. With my abrupt departure I shall fully understand if you do not wish me to return.

Eli Travinus
To this I got no reply so do not speak to me about leaving or having some extended absence. Also, do not speak to me about leaving my students when Johann was my only student and he has been ready for his mage exam for nearly 15 months. You can read that post in the High Council internal boards as well ((http://www.iphpbb.com/board/ftopic-6619 ... 35-60.html))I have shown valid proof that what you claim about me is indeed false. If you have any decency at all I should hope that you would apologize for the sake of our friendship. Not once have I ever spoken ill-mannered toward you or any member of this Academy and it saddens me that you have done so.

Saddened,
Mage Eli Travinus
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Dear mage Eli Travinius

Although in danger of restarting this discussion, I would like to mention that I was in fact the one who brought you into this discussion, but only by mentioning I have always been respectful towards you, your wife and other mages of the academy. When you say you have not spoken to me, I hope you mean not spoken to me after you re arrived on the island, for we did in fact speak a lot until you left... You had even promised to take me as a student at that point. It was by no means meant as an insult, and I realise you met a lot of people in your past, and that it is hard to remember them all.

Blessings of the five

~Daelyn Mitore~
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I've actually known Daelyn for a very long time now, he's a very nice person and will be a very successful mage one day if teachers stop behaving childish, personally I think Daelyn is better than most students I see around today and I am very proud of him.

-Seregon
Llama

Post by Llama »

Do not generalise for all teachers Seregon, some have opinions similar to yours about Daelyn, myself included.

~K. Tao~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

The topic is closed, the council will now talk about that matter and we will see into the further punishment, for now he is still to stay away from the academy and the rune room, untill we have fully decided on the matter, I will respond to Eli in a personal Letter to not embarres him in front of everyone here.

To the matter of other mages, you barely are avaible, you never spend any ressources for the academy, the most buildings were financed by Kadiya and ressources were gathered by her and her students aswell as myself and my students, so before you "dare" to speak up you should rather do something for the academy, untill now I never saw anything that helps our academy at all, so keep quiet, unless you have to say something better than "My friends student is a good little boy".

~Pellandria~
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

I ask you again to stop this discussion until the council has declared an offical statement.

~Kadiya Artaliar~
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Seregon writes upon the boards, starting a new discussion

How am I meant to contribute to the academy when I am cursed from teaching and therefor possess no reason to stay around? I surely would donate my 40 gold to help your causes if it was still a place I could find useful.

Thus, revealing why I have no reason to contribute to the academy, I am still allowed to state my opinions on these matters whether or not I am a member of the academy, because constructive criticism is your friend, and if you can't accept it from successful mages then you hav a big problem ahead of you.

-Seregon
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

Where can one find the "law of the Academy" as well as the "codex" in order to read and accept them?

~ Prospective Student
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Noslan

Bewerbung als Magieschüler

Post by Noslan »

Name:
Noslan Finsu

Rasse:
Mensch

Magier/Kampfmagier:
Kampfmagier

Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch))
Alte Sprache / new language

Persönliche Anmerkungen:
Ich möchte meiner Bestimmung folgen und Kampfmagier werden.
Ich bin fleissig, gelehrsam und ausdauernd, mein Ziel ist es, der Akademie zu dienen und ihren Ansprüchen gerecht zu werden.
Loyalität gegenüber meinem Lehrer ist mir oberste Pflicht.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Name:
- Roland Ross
Race:
- Human
Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
- New Language

Personal remarks:
- I currently have 6 runes that where taught to me by William Elderberry. He was a good teacher, yet I have heard nothing from him in many months now. I would like to request another teacher complete my magical education.
Last edited by Evan Ross on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

There seem to be a few words scribbled in any application, that includes the word "Battlemage"

There is no such thing as a battlemage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In jedem Pergament, das das Wort "Kampfmagier" enthält, ist ein kleiner Satz geschrieben

Kampfmagier gibt es nicht.
donaideenn

Magic Academy Appilication

Post by donaideenn »

Name: Sereden Whisperwind
race:Elf
Battlemage/mage:
-Mage

reason for wanting to join the academy:
So I may in the future continue to teach the younger generations, also to learn the arts from a knowlegeable teacher, whom ever is willing.

Personnel Remarks : I have just begun trying to learn the ancient language.
I know a bit about the academy as well as it's location. I am very enthusiastic about any opportunity to join the Academy and to learn from a respected teacher whom is willing to teach me.

Sincerely Sereden Whisperwind.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

* a small rather pale and not so well looking elf child wanders up to the board. he places a log on the ground set on its end and stands atop it on one foot to read and nods a bit... after a moment he begins to write a note of his own.*

Dear Academy Teachers and students.. it seems there is much disharmony on this board.. through my eyes i see only one solution to this..and that is a meeting of all concerned where by every one can speak their peace.. if this is an error in judgment please do forgive me..

also i should make it known my master said i should ask Ms. Kadiya Artaliar to grant me a key.. if i must pay for this key my self i am more than willing to do so but i simply must have more to study. than what is available outside the academy's library.

i have sent messages to her but i have received no replies so i make the request here.. i do hope it does not cause any problems.. i do understand that every one is very busy..

--Whisper--

* the elf leans back a bit while on the log causing it to tip away from the board as it begins to fall with him on it he curls his toes and hops up cause the log to fall flat. as this happens and lands to the side of it using hie foot the roll the log with him self atop away from the board.. perhaps he's not so sickly after all..*
Triton

Re: Magic Academy Appilication

Post by Triton »

donaideenn wrote: Personnel Remarks : I have just begun trying to learn the ancient language.
Manron

Post by Manron »

Name:
Kerigan
Rasse:
Mensch
Magier/Kampfmagier:
Magier

Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch))
alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkungen:
Ich bin sehr zielstrebig und selbstbewusst, mein Wissenensdurst ist unnersättlich und bin gern in Gesellschaft. Mein Ziel ist es meinen Lehrmeister stolz zu machen und seinen Anforderrungen gerecht zu werden.
LoganVane

Post by LoganVane »

Name:Corin Valdan

Race:Human

Mage/Battlemage:Warlock
-

New language ((english))
-

Personal remarks: I will never stop learning as long as I have a teacher. I devote my life to learning the ways of the Warlock.
-
Nasher

Post by Nasher »

Name:
-Samuel Salvatore

Rasse:
-Mensch

Mage/Battlemage: BattleMage
Alte Sprache ((deutsch))
-alte und sowohl auch die neue.

Über mich:

bin sehr geduldig, kann Befehlen und Anweisungen folgen und umsetzen.
Last edited by Nasher on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.