The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Name:
- Tink
Race:
- Fairy
Mage/Battlemage:
- Mage

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
- New language

Personal remarks:
- I dont know if any of you will remember me, but I was an aspiring student with some of you now teachers. I was disappointed then, so I have waited. I only hope not to be disappointed now. During the years I waited, I had to take up a simpler craft to survive, so I know the value of hard work. Please, give me a chance.
Groot Knorchen

Post by Groot Knorchen »

This parchment has been removed.
Last edited by Groot Knorchen on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Misha

Post by Lady Misha »

The following sandy note makes it's way to the board. A man reading a letter and pinning the message in place before turning about and scratching his noggin.

Misha would like to bring up the fact that she has been without teacher for many many months now. It is absolutely shattering to have had her dreams close enough to touche and then have them ripped away. She has contacted, even spoken with other teachers, as well as left notice on the board. Even going as far as to right one of the eldars of the concil. But no teacher will even give her the time of day. Misha is pleading, please. Is there anything, any one can do for her, even to just finally recieve her key to the academy would be something that would help ease her pain.

In place of a signature the parchment has been licked
Leech

Post by Leech »

*Written on a crumpled piece of parchment in narrow writing*

Name: Barisil Eventa

Race: Elven

Mage/Battlemage: Mage

New Language

Personal remarks:
I have been entangled in the life of a nomad, but now I seek to end my Navro´anai, for it is the intricate webs that form nature and even reality that beckon to me.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Als Mitglied des hohen Rates weise ich aus aktuellem Anlass darauf hin, dass der Status der Akademie neutral ist.
Die Akademie trägt oder übernimmt keine Verantwortung für die Aktionen von einzelnen Mitgliedern.

Die magische Akademie von Gobaith ist ein Ort des Lehrens und es Lernens und ich möchte sowohl ihre Mitglieder als auch Außenstehende dazu anhalten, diesen Status zu respektieren und persönliche Fehden außerhalb der Akademiestruktur auszutragen.

Hochachtungsvoll
~Kadiya Artaliar~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a member of the high council I will remember, due to acute occasions, that the magic academy has a neutral status. The academy don't bear or take responsibility for the activities of single members.

The magic academy is a place of learning and teaching and I will urge all members, as well as all outsiders, to respect this status and keep all personal feuds out of the academystucture.

With kind regards
~Kadiya Artaliar~
Harman

Bewerbung

Post by Harman »

Name:

- Eletar

Rasse:

- Mensch

- männlich

- 33 Jahre

Magier/Kampfmagier:

- Magier

Alte Sprache ((german)) / Neue Sprache ((english))

- Alte Sprache

Persönliche Merkmale:

- Ich strebe nach Wissen der uralten Kunst der Magie und möchte sie erlernen. Ich habe keine Scheu mit anderen zusammenzuarbeiten und will die Magie nutzen um anderen in Not zu helfen und sie zu stützen.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

I'm beginning to think that even the very teachings at this so called 'Academy' is a myth in itself.

~Your face.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Die Magische Akademie betrauert den Tod von Marie Besani, die vor kurzem von uns gegangen ist.

Möge sie in Frieden Ruhen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The magic academy sorrows for Marie Besani, who passed on a few days ago.

May she rest in peace
Last edited by Kadiya on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

The Hohe Rat ist glücklich mitteilen zu können, dass Ilaya Iselle van Illdoran ihr Examen bestanden hat und nun Lehrer der magischen Akademie ist.

Wir wünschen ihr für ihren zukünftigenn Weg alles erdenklich Gute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The high council isglad to inform you that Ilaya Iselle van Illdoran passed her exam and is now teacher of the magic academy.

The best wished for her futur way.
Leoran

Post by Leoran »

Name: Leoran

Rasse: Elf

Magier/Kampfmagier: Magier

Alte Sprache ((deutsch))

Persönliche Anmerkungen:

Ich suche einen Meister, der mir beibringt, zu helfen zu schützen und zu heilen. Ich will lernen, meine Gaben zu nutzen, mit meinen Gaben zu helfen und zu heilen so gut es möglich ist.

~gezeichnet~

Leoran
Korali

Post by Korali »

An elfess may be seen pinning this parchment below all the others, a finger twirling a lock of curly deep brown hair. The writing is crisp and neat, written in common.

Name: Korali Tyranae

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)): New

Personal remarks:
I yearn to uncover the mysteries of the arcane, and practice them responsibly. I am a quick, meticulous student and feel I can contribute greatly to the arcane community and to the island as a whole. Thank you for considering me.

~Korali~
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Name: Colin Smalls

Race: Human

Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage

Old language ((german)) / New language ((english)): New

Personal remarks: Id like to learn the art of the magi so i can help the people of gobaith, and generally improve the lives of everyone i meet.

~Colin
Nolofinwe Antuen

Post by Nolofinwe Antuen »

Name: Nolofinwe Antuen

Race: Elf

New Language ((English))

Personal Remarks: Far have I travelled to become a student of this so highly regarded school. I have journeyed around Gobaith learning some self truth and gaining respect for the laws of nature. I humbly request to be taught in the ways of magic and become one of your students. I work hard and I listent intently to all that is spoken to me.

~Nolofinwe~
Wrath

Post by Wrath »

Name: Wrath Nightblade

Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage

New Language ((English))

Personal comment:
Greetings Magic Academy. I would wish to learn the arts of magic and follow the path of the arcane. It would please me greatly should you consider this application and take me in. I will dedicate my time and determination to training as a mage.
squee

Post by squee »

Name: Squee'
-
Race: Lizard
-
-
-
-
Language: English
-
Personal remarks: I really want to learn the arts of magic. I have lots of determination and i follow everything as needed. I've been wanting to be a mage ever since i started and no luck has come upon me yet. I hope it does now. One day i will become a magic teacher and help all i can.

-
Last edited by squee on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malkar

Post by Malkar »

Name: Edward von Ulrich

Language: New language

Personal remarks: I come from a long line of Albarian nobles that have harnessed the energy of the Arcane. I was sent here for that sole purpose. To learn the arcane arts and perhaps.. with time help this isle with my abilities. Despite my Albarian heritage, I will accept any teacher, no matter if they are of the fairer sex or not.
Duriel

Post by Duriel »

Ich würde sehr gerne in die Lehre einer eurer Meister gehen

Name:
Zerbum

Rasse:
Mensch

Magier/Kampfmagier:
Magier

Alte Sprache ((deutsch)) / Neue Sprache ((englisch))
Alte Sprache

Persönliche Anmerkungen:
Liebe es in entfernte gegenden zu reisen
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Name: Zarun'dracu Hindrean
~
~
~
~
~
New Language ((Engish)) / Old Language ((German)): New Language((English))
~
Personal Remarks: I will dedicate my life to the arcane ways. It doesnt matter how long it takes, as long as I am accepted.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

A small parchment is attached to the board in handwriting not the neatest but readable:

I am accepting applications for one student. I will look for how long they have waited on Gobaith for a mage teacher, what accomplishments they have achieved while waiting, and their ultimate goals. Please don't send a dove ((or msn)), I will be in Trolls Bane in a few days ((Monday and Tuesday evening CST)), so see me there.

Kaila Travinus
Hontus Ei

Post by Hontus Ei »

Name: Hontus Ei

Mage/Battlemage: Warlock

Old language / New language: New langauge.

Personal remarks: I hope my time spent among you proves profitable to everyone.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

The Hohe Rat ist glücklich mitteilen zu können, dass Bert Thornton sein Examen bestanden hat und nun ausgebildeter Magier der magischen Akademie ist.

Wir wünschen ihm für seinem zukünftigen Weg alles erdenklich Gute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The high council is glad to inform you that Bert Thornton passed his exam and is now a full mage of the magic academy.

The best wished for his futur way.
Last edited by Kadiya on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Name: Raphael Windsor

Old Language/New Language: New Language

Personal Remarks: I long wished to learn the ways of magic and hope i can prove that i will be a devoted student.
Dangron

Post by Dangron »

Name: Lotholarien

Old language/New language: New language

Personal comment: I wished to learn the arts of Magic for very long time. I hope with my coming to Gobaith I shall be given chance for it.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I recently found out that Warlock Pellandria has banned me from using the teaching room. I did not realise she has this authority, but if she does I would at least like to know why she has banned me, and perhaps get a fair trial of some sort? Of course, I have an idea what this might be about, and I would really like to discuss the issue with the council, if possible. I was suposed to receive my 18th rune this week, and so become a full mage and hopefully a teacher as well if I pass the test and am allowed to join your academy.

Perhaps Mage Kadiya Artaliar could meet with me when she is available, so we can make an attempt to sort this out?

Blessings of the five upon you!

~Daelyn Mitore~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Why am I not suprised that you don't have one clue about the structures of the academy, I told you several times to keep quiet and stop your insults, not only against myself but also against our codex and our laws, council members can punish students and mages as they seem fit, there is no discussion needed.

~Pellandria~
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

(( der Zettel ist abgefallen und liegt unleserlich auf dem Boden ))
Last edited by Quasar on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Triton

Post by Triton »

((An die Türe der Akademie ist ein Zettel gehängt, seltsamer Weise hällt er ohne das man einen Nagel erkennt))

Ein Magier zu sein erfordert so etwas wie Gedult und Mühe,
wer ein Magier sein will, sollte sich viel Zeit nehmen, lange Zeit der Meditation, Beowachtung von Dingen die vielen Natürlich vorkommen und nicht einfach nur eine Bewerbung schreiben.

Einer Person der es vergönnt ist etwas magisches zu empfinden,
sollte es ein Leichtes sein sich in Gedult zu üben um auf
den Augenblick zu warten indem sich das Leben grundsätzlich ändert.

Wer voreilig handelt, wird kein guter Magier sein, auch wenn er es möchte.

Wäre ich ein Lehrer der Magie, würde ich alle Bewerbungen direkt
verbrennen und nur diejenigen als Schüler aufnehmen, die
gewillt sind längere Zeit zu investieren.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Pellandria wrote:Why am I not suprised that you don't have one clue about the structures of the academy, I told you several times to keep quiet and stop your insults, not only against myself but also against our codex and our laws, council members can punish students and mages as they seem fit, there is no discussion needed.

~Pellandria~
The reason why Warlock Pellandria is not surprised that I do not have a clue about the Academy's structures, is perhaps that I am not a member of the academy? When it comes to these insults she speaks of, I would really like to know what they are, because the only threat I have received from her is "leave the shop now, or I will ban you from the academy." This incident I would be happy to describe in further detail. Perhaps I would even have obayed and left the shop if I was a member of your academy. However, I do not feel obliged to do so as the rules of the academy do not demand this kind of obedience even from it's students. I am quoting the academy rules:

IV.
Respect higher authority.
If a higher authority requests your exit from the academy, or a particular area of the academy, you must obey him.

Clearly the eastern shop of Troll's Bane is not academy territory? I suppose some might be interested to know why she ordered me to leave the shop? The whole incident was about a discussion Warlock Pellandria had with one of her students in the shop popularly called "Eliza's". It was getting rather loud, and some of the people in the shop were starting to complain, asking Warlock Pellandria to leave the shop and discuss elsewhere. I suggested that she lowered her voice a little bit, where on she soon asked me to shut up. This evolved into a discussion between I and some other people of Troll's Bane, and Warlock Pellandria herself. There were never any serious insults from my side though, the harshest thing I said would be: "There is no point for me to discuss with you Pellandria, for you would never admit being wrong even if you are... So I am sure you are right." At this point she demanded that I leave the shop.

I admit that Warlock Pellandria and I have had our differences in the past, but I have never truly insulted her. Any disrespect I might have shown her is certainly not directed towards the Academy, of which I have great respect and even friends. Further on I would like to point out that Warlock Pellandria as well has had differences with the academy in the past, when she refused to teach her apprentices theory. As far as I can see this is a much more serious crime, but it did not stop her from later joining the academy. Therefore I hope that I will be allowed to do the same: Join the academy, become a teacher and contribute as well as I can to the arcane community!

I apologise for taking this discussion to your board, but it was never my intention to do anything but request a meeting. However I felt like I had to answer Warlock Pellandria's accusations. Again I request a meeting with someone in the council. If Warlock Pellandria wishes, we could meet alone and discuss this?

Walk with the five

~Daelyn Mitore~
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Triton wrote:((An die Türe der Akademie ist ein Zettel gehängt, seltsamer Weise hällt er ohne das man einen Nagel erkennt))

Ein Magier zu sein erfordert so etwas wie Gedult und Mühe,
wer ein Magier sein will, sollte sich viel Zeit nehmen, lange Zeit der Meditation, Beowachtung von Dingen die vielen Natürlich vorkommen und nicht einfach nur eine Bewerbung schreiben.

Einer Person der es vergönnt ist etwas magisches zu empfinden,
sollte es ein Leichtes sein sich in Gedult zu üben um auf
den Augenblick zu warten indem sich das Leben grundsätzlich ändert.

Wer voreilig handelt, wird kein guter Magier sein, auch wenn er es möchte.

Wäre ich ein Lehrer der Magie, würde ich alle Bewerbungen direkt
verbrennen und nur diejenigen als Schüler aufnehmen, die
gewillt sind längere Zeit zu investieren.

((Unterhalb des Zettels ist ein weiterer aufgehängt, auch er hält seltsamerweise ohne Nagel. Dem genauen Betrachter fällt auf, dass dem Autor zumindest die "magischen" Kräfte von Baumharz bekannt sind))

Sei es so, dass sich Geduld und Meditation eines Bewerbers in Form von vielen Worten an diesem Brett wiederspiegelt, so ist gewiss ein mancher wie es scheint sehr voreilig. Weniger bemerkt macht sich solcher beim Studium von Geschriebenen. So ist zu hoffen, dass einer möglichen Verbrennungswut nicht auch unschuldige Manuskripte zum Opfer fallen.

~Namuras
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I would ask you to stop spreading lies, I never had any problems with the academy, why else would I know be in the council and why else would one of my students be the first who succesful made the Warlock exam?

You are learning ~in~ our academy, thus you are a student of our academy as soon as your teacher says you are a student, than you are, you don't need to accept it in any way.

Furthermore the rule you broke is this one:
"V) Do not disrespect a teacher
-> This includes threatening, insulting or harassing a teacher, either behind his back, or in his presence"

Which has to be hold in any place, I don't think I need to mention that a council member is to respected aswell as a teacher.

The situation itself was more as clear, I talked and discussed with my student in a normal tone and voice, while you and others just came in one after another, untill you suddendly claimed that a discussion, which alllready was going for several minutes, is ~suddendly~ too loud.

Clearly you merely wanted to harras me, as you could just have left the shop, you did nothing there anyway, instead of going on my nervs.
I warned you several times aswell, you simply kept on, so its your own fault.

~Pellandria~