The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Wenn ihr solche Wissen habt, dann sendet mir bitte eine Taube Lady Lamar, dann wird sich jenes auch sicherlich anderst klären lassen, schliesslich bilden nicht nur wir Wesen in dem Umgang mit der Magie aus, sondern Varshikar hat eine eigene Schule und wie wir alle wissen sorgen sich jene anscheinend nicht so sehr um die Zuverlässigkeit ihrer Schüler.

~Pellandria~
Lady Misha

Post by Lady Misha »

Misha was just wondering...not to interupt or anything. But Misha hasn't seen hide nor hair of Master Eli in quite a bit, and it has put her studies at a stand still. More importantly though, Misha is worried about him, since she hasn't gotten any sort of reply from her doves. Does any other teacher or friend of Eli's know if he is safe? Misha is starting to panick.

in place of a signature it looks like something just licked the parchment
Adrian Domadred

Application

Post by Adrian Domadred »

Name:
Raistul Hanafal
-
Race:
Human
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage:
Mage
-
Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))
New Language
-
Personal remarks:
I seek the knowledge of magic, and devote myself to it.
-
Lady Misha

Post by Lady Misha »

The following looks as if it were written in an inky claw

Misha was wondering if, during the unexplained and lengthy absence of Master Eli, she could have the help of one of the other wonderful teachers of the academy, if anyone would be willing, or able in helping Misha with her studies, please send her a dove...

In place of a signature it looks as if something licked the parchment
Aldous

Post by Aldous »

Name:
Aldous Batista

Race:
Human

Mage/Battlemage:
Battlemage

Language:
My native tongue is the old language but I'm also able to speak the new one.

Personal remarks:
It is my wish to control the arcane forces and to devote my life to magic and academy.
Vivienne

Post by Vivienne »

Name: Vivienne Tortuga

Rasse: Mensch

Magierin/Kampfmagierin: Magierin

Sprache: alte Sprache

Anmerkung:

Ich möchte unbedingt mehr über die arkanen Künste erfahren, mehr über die alte Geschichte lernen, möchte die Sprache der Alten sprechen können, die so wunderbar in meinen Ohren klingt und lernen mich mit vielen Dingen auf einer anderen Ebene auseinanderzusetzen.
Die Kunst die Elemente zu beherschen, mit ihnen und ihrer Kraft zu wirken, reizt mich seid ich denken kann.
Ich würde mich sehr über die Einladung zu einem persönlichem Gespräch in die weit über die Grenzen Gobiaths berühmte Akademie freuen.

~ Vivienne Tortuga~
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I got two free places for students now, everyone who is interrested in the ways of the warlok is free to send me a dove.

~Pellandria~
Frosch

Post by Frosch »

Name : Sallja Aryen
Rasse : Elfe
Sprache : Alte Sprache

Ich würde sehr gerne in den magischen (Kampf)Künsten unterrichtet werden.
Matron

Post by Matron »

I quit my position as janitor. There is no work left for me to do.
My key I will give to the next mage of the academy that I meet,
Magnus

Added:
..a few days later Magnus passes by again and snickers tapping his nose. Looking down at the struggeling dove he captured in his other hand he speaks:

See, I told you nobody would read it, we are completely alone here..

Glancing around Magnus then flicks the pergament around scribbeling on the back:

Keep off the grass!
The Janitor
Naiya

Post by Naiya »

Name
- Naiya Lissiane

Race
- Elf

Mage/Battlemage
- Mage

Old language/ New language
- New language, primarily.

Personal remarks
-You will find me to be honest and hard working, as well as devoted and open minded.

To all of you, My most sincere thanks for considering my application,
~Naiya Lissiane~
Corael

Post by Corael »

Name: Corael

Race: Elven

Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage

New language ((english))

Personal remarks:
I've long dreamt of the day I would learn the traditions of my ancestors. If the accademy would help I would be forever grateful. Thank you,
Coreal
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Der Hohe Rat gratuliert Lacy Dracu zur bestandenen Prüfung zum vollwertigen Warlock und Fin Aurelius zur bestandenen Prüfung zur Magierin der magischen Akademie von Gobaith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The high council congratulates Lacy Dracu to the exam of a warlock and Fin Aurelius to the exam of a mage of the magic academy of gobaith.

~Kadiya Artaliar~
zda

i whant to join

Post by zda »

what do i need to join am am a grovestrider i have been whant ng to lern mageic so i need to know if i can join and lern magic
zda

can i join the acadymy

Post by zda »

i was wandering if my charecter john dawson cuold join the mhe is a magic academy. he is a ew maghe and he need s some one to tech him can you please let me know as soon as possibel i need to know.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Who is this "Charecter" you speak of, is this a mainland definition of your son?
Furthermore, we are an institution , were writting and spelling words correctly is requiered, so please learn the new or the old language, before you once again try to communicate with us.

~Pellandria~
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Don't mind Pellandria, John, she gets rather cranky.

Signed,
Julius Rothman

(( Instead of the last post being IC, I think she should have explained to you your true faults with that post. This is a rping game and you need to act IC when posting in the forums: Trading, Guild, and RP sections. I'm sure you'll just get around just fine after you figure this out.

An example of a IC post:

Greetings teachers and students of the Magic academy,

I've recently arrived on the isle to find that it offers me the one thing I've always wanted. The chance to learn the arcane arts. Though my family are simple folk from the mainland, this is one of the main reasons I travel to such a small isle. To be able to learn magic despite my social inabilities. If you see a problem with my recent inquiry into your academy, then you can contact me by dove.

Signed,
John Dawson

As for the old language (german) and new language (english) comment I think she is referring to the fact that you need to sharpen up your punctuation skills. Sorry for the indirectness of those that are veterans of this game.

You'll be fine,
PO Julius))
zda

Post by zda »

I have just recintly come the island.
I have been seching for some were to lern magic. I was wandering if i colud join the acadamy? If you see a problem with my recent inquiry into your academy, then you can contact me by dove.

signed,
John dawson
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Seeing as you don't even read about our academy rules nor filled out an application, I highly doubt that any teacher even considers taking you as a student, your lack of care for our rules and laws is quiete astounding, as you want something from us, maybe magic is not the way you should go.

~Pellandria~
zda

Post by zda »

i have read all the ruyles and i ageeto them and here is my aplication

Name:
- John Dawson
Race:
- human
Mage/Battlemage:
- mage

- new language

Personal remarks:
-
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Come back in 4 years, noone is teaching children magic at our Academy.

~Pellandria~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Since Archmage Tyrus himself came to the island, the standard has ALWAYS been that anyone of 16 years is old enough to learn magic.

So come back in 2 years.

~W.E~
Aereon

Post by Aereon »

Name:
- Aereon Ogalvie
Race:
- Elven
Mage/Battlemage:
- mage

- new language

Personal remarks:
- Greetings Magic Academy of Gobaith, I have heard wonderful things about the goings on and quality of teachings here at your humble order. I come seeking a way of life and knowledge that I know, I can only obtain with such a stature and abilities of the teachings here. Although There may be dispute over my age, I would like to clarify I have thought well about this, and know the risks ahead... It was my calling to you, Magic Academy of Gobaith, as I have found myself within misfortune, for you see I once had knowledge of the arts, but alas, consequences became somewhat grim...
Not long ago I found myself surcome to powers beyond mine, an evil power, a power that took my power and my will from me in a violent dash. It is therefore that I come to you Gobaith, and ask that you help me regain my knowledge so i can therefore continue with my life, or what of it I have left.

Yours sincerely

Aereon Ogalvie.
Last edited by Aereon on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I got enough replys to choose the students I want, there is no need to send me another dove anymore.

~Pellandria~
Lythios

Post by Lythios »

For the consideration of faculty of the Magic academy,
I, Silarion, had once long before posted here with requests for a mentor in furthering my talents in magic.... well I cant say for sure I was sent a dove or in any other way informed about the results of that attempt.
It may have happened so as I got sidetracked while providing a helping hand to a strange being in the forest and was myself lost in the woods, which I now doubt is in some other dimension than where fair gobiath is.....(( ummm hehe was busy in real world, couldnt fit any other story here :D ))
Well I'm now in a predicament as to how to ask you all of this.... but if it isnt being so arrogant on my part and if it pleases you all.... I would like to be considered next in line to become the student of anyone of you....

I hereby submit a copy of my previous parchment, which i am sure is still posted somewhere in this board...

dusts a parchment with some powder of which no particular colour could be told... words began to appear as if long forgotten words are being recalled (( copy pasted from my previous post :wink: ))

I await your decision and counsel on this matter
Signed
Silarion Archanesti
Last edited by Lythios on Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lythios

Post by Lythios »

Silarion pins this parchment along with his request

Name:
Silarion Archanesti (or simply Arion)
Race:
Elven
Mage/Battlemage:
Mage
Personal remarks:
First thing about me you should know is that I'm born of a mage family. Though all are dead now( before they could teach me the secrets of the archaical world), due to some reasons I dont know, I would like to make the world known of my family's name through me. I'm prepared to do what ever it takes, while travelling in the righteous way, to fulfiil this. You'll find me a honest, frank, eager and able student who like fresh clay could be moulded into the required state of a mage.
Aereon

Post by Aereon »

((I would just like to make clear that the poster above declaring his nickname as being 'Arion' (Thats a bit of a weird coincidence... :? ) is not the same poster as myself, char Aereon... I thought it best to make this clear to avoid any unneeded thought of duplicate tries of application on my part.))
Canus

Post by Canus »

Name: Canus

Race: Human

Mage/Battlemage: Mage

Personal comments:
I have travelled the lands of Gobaith long years. I search for a teacher and more knowledge about the arcane arts. It would be most honorable to be taken under any teacher and taught anything they would be willing to teach me. Please consider this. -Canus
Lythios

Post by Lythios »

(( As my friend above has stated it is just a weird coincidence... we both are two diferent players....
and my friend no offense to you.... but i think i had this character before you had yours and also i have 2 other similar chars too.. silvanoshi ( silvan) and enathron ( athron). i chose names that would have a nick name. sry about this.... but i cant change it now.... and neither can you i think... well we just have to deal with it... i guess.... if it is of any help, arion's full name is Silarion Archanesti... hope we can sort out some way for others to distinguish us... sent pvt msg to me for any further discussion ok))
stetson

Post by stetson »

Name: adgrone

Race: Elven

Mage/Battlemage: Battlemage

New language ((english))

Personal remarks:
I've long dreamt of the day I would learn the traditions of my ancestors. If the accademy would help I would be forever grateful. Thank you,
adgrone
Ryan grey

my application

Post by Ryan grey »

Name:

Ryan Grey

Race:

Human

male

Mage/Battlemage:

Battlemage

New

Personal remarks:

I wish to protect gobaith and my sword has proven itself far to inflexible a weapon to be my only choice. I therfore humby request the magic academy teach me. I would also like to one day become a teacher here though my first loyalty is to the people of gobaith. If in its great wisdom the academy refuses me i even more humbly request the academy to send me a dove as to why and give me a chance to improve on that which made them reject me